Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your super power?

Shovel

Supernova
Everyone has something they are incredibly good at. Some are so good, it's scary. So what can you do?

1) List something you can do in real life that is pretty amazing

2) List a super power you wish you could have

1) I consider myself to be an empath. I'm really good at reading peoples emotions and behaviors. It comes from both being knowledgeable about human behaviors and a bit of intuition. This makes it very easy for me to talk to strangers and make people around me happy. :} I can also tell people a lot about themselves that they never really thought about before. It is kind of scary for me at times, actually.

2) I would want to control space and time...just like Hiro from Heroes. He was my favorite. Little nerdy asian guy sitting in his cubical staring at the clock....trying to make it move. Love it!

1. I have... The power to be able to name just about every single Mobile Suit from the original Universal Century of Gundam, along with its armaments and production history. .___.;

2. I'd like to have a really specific power, like they do in Jojo's Bizarre adventure, where like if someone is wearing only one sock and blond haired, then I could blink my eyes at them and then their pants would flip around backwards! Something like that'd be cool.

And if not that, then uh... I dunno, giving inanimate objects life would be neat. o3o;

So your super power would be obsessive attention to details? x3 Cute.

And uhh...wow. Dunno what to say to that. XD But you sound like a nerd. I like dat. <3

1) I'm good at dealing with other people's emotional crises. I volunteered at my county's sexual assault support services for two and a half years and am known for being able to make someone go from a complete emotional wreck to stable in five minutes. I'm better at it than the advocates who were actually employed there. I have a calming demeanor (soft spoken, honest face, good listener) and I'm good at figuring out how to make people feel empowered when I can sit down and look them in the eyes.

2) Transmutation. I'd like to be able to turn one thing into another thing. Like bullets to flowers.

Manipulation. I control situations to my advantage with the greatest ease.

Supernatural manipulation. 'Jedi mind trick' style control of other's thoughts.

1) I seem to make the people around me feel at ease and thus comfortable in confiding in me and then asking/receiving advice of/from me. This is partly because I'm very empathetic by nature and tend to find a way to relate to most people on an emotional level, assuming they allow me 'in' of course. And partly because I think it's pretty apparent that my words and actions are very genuine and since people can sense that of me, I think it gives them reassurance.

2) Teleportation with a dash of Phasing. BAMF! Yes, I love Nightcrawler. But I hate the flaw in his amazing ability. The fact that he needs to be aware of the environment in which he's teleporting to for fear of accidentally teleporting into something solid that may result in his death. Yeah, not acceptable. But... if you couple it with Shadowcat's phasing ability... GOLDEN!

1.) Luck. I seem to have an odd abundance of it. Only rarely does it shape towards something on purpose. Random events line up where I'm left with a better outcome than previously anticipated.
a.) To add onto that I seem to be a good luck charm for others when in their close area long enough.
b.) In Addition to being a good luck charm, I seem to be good on riding a continuous series of green lights. If it's red upon approach it changes quickly for my right-away. Family and friends have commented upon it. Not that amazing but surprisingly helpful.​

2.) Regeneration to the point of being able to survive for prolong periods of time in the void of space or within the center of a nuclear explosion.
I'd try not to abuse my power, but I know I'd flaunt the near immortality.

darkangel76 said:
2) Teleportation with a dash of Phasing. BAMF! Yes, I love Nightcrawler. But I hate the flaw in his amazing ability. The fact that he needs to be aware of the environment in which he's teleporting to for fear of accidentally teleporting into something solid that may result in his death. Yeah, not acceptable. But... if you couple it with Shadowcat's phasing ability... GOLDEN!

Where's the challenge, though? That's like saying getting laid without the chase is better than getting laid with the chase.

Zombies Galore said:
darkangel76 said:

Where's the challenge, though? That's like saying getting laid without the chase is better than getting laid with the chase.
I'll give you that, I suppose... lol. But I'm uncoordinated as it is. I'd probably still find a way to fuck it up even with the phasing fail safe. XD

darkangel76 said:
Zombies Galore said:
darkangel76 said:

I'll give you that, I suppose... lol. But I'm uncoordinated as it is. I'd probably still find a way to fuck it up even with the phasing fail safe. XD

Phasing is pretty good as is. When you think about it, you could extend that to control over the density and polarity of your atomic structure. You could use that to fly invisibly on the magnetosphere in a diffuse form. Teleportation is fucking brutal, too. These questions always stump me.

Zombies Galore said:
darkangel76 said:
Zombies Galore said:

Phasing is pretty good as is. When you think about it, you could extend that to control over the density and polarity of your atomic structure. You could use that to fly invisibly on the magnetosphere in a diffuse form. Teleportation is fucking brutal, too. These questions always stump me.
I know what you mean. Both are awesome. I just like the thought of being able to go somewhere with very little hassle. XD

1. I have the ability to take in organic and inorganic chemicals and process them in a way that creates energy for multiple systems devoted to motion, homeostasis and even the ability to consider my place in the universe. I'm also pretty good at looking at images and translating them into sounds in my head without even having to use my mouth.

I also make a mean hummus, so that's pretty cool, too.

2. Is Liam Neeson a super power?

Current super power: Food sense. I sense when my delivery is almost here and pounce!

Wished super power: Green Lantern power ring.

1: current power... is to amuse people with my stupidness andm ake them feel way smarter than they really are~

2: ehm.... teleport too, i guess, kind of like the guy from Jumper, just, no fucking "paladins" ,or what ever they was called, who should try to chase me down >8U

1. the ability to drink copious quantities of alcoholic beverages and get completely drunk, but never drop dead on the spot.

2. X-ray vision. Heheheheh ;D

Psychics are the bomb, that's for sure. I don't know why they don't appear more often in stories. Maybe because all psychics are smart? Other races/classes/etc have dumb members for comic relief but you don't see that with a psychic.

See, that's because people perceive psionics as being based on mental ability, and that usually translates as intelligence.

But I would imagine psychic abilities would be just, like, another part of your being. As natural as your hand or your vision. It wouldn't have to relate to intelligence at all, just... a thing you do.

And now you got me thinking of Comic Relief psychics. Which brings up the movie Second Sight, which... damn you for making me think of that piece of offal!

1. I have the amusing ability to sneak up on people...without even trying. Apparently I'm just really quiet and good at lurking...or something...

2. Shapeshifting. To be able to change my appearance to match anybody, including someone I just made up? Now that reeks of fun.

1. I'm really good at predicting things that happen around me. This MIGHT just be because I know my friends really well that I can just 'foresee' what they are going to do next.

2. I want Medusa hair or at least the power to control it (like in tangled)! I have pretty long hair and I've always wished I could use it as a weapon.

Back
Top Bottom