Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

No love for the enemy. (DTH+Kittenloves)

Warm blood splattered across Drake's face, some of it clinging to his dark brown hair. The man under him gasped for air that he wouldn't get, as his lungs were laying on a heap beside him. The knife in Drake's strong hands cut the man's heart free from his chest. Drake's dark blue eyes glared at the still beating heart, the vampiric unlife it held keeping it in motion. He climbed off of his weakened foe, dropping the bloody mass in his hand down on the ground with a sickening plop. He pulled out another knife, this one adorned with ivory on the handle, the handle being in the shape of a cross. Drake poured holy water along both edges of the knife before he dropped to his knees in front of the bleeding, beating red mass of muscle he tore from the vile creature's chest. With two swift motions, he cleaved the heart into four pieces, then drenched it with holy water. The gasping beast finally ceased his gasping and twitching.

Drake slowly came back to his feet, his long black trench coat flowing to the ground. He was drenched in crimson blood which was slowly turning black as the vampiric energy was fading from it. He kicked the heart's pieces far away from each other so they wouldn't reform. These fuckers were hard to kill for good. He reached into his trench coat and pulled a bottle of vodka from it. After taking a swig from it he poured the rest on the body and lit a match, then dropped it on the corps. "May your soul have some peace" he said as he turned to walk away from the lifeless body.

He walked in the darkness, as the last thing he wanted at this point was for some regular bastard to see him covered in blood and alert the authorities. A lot of people didn't really know vampires existed. That was exactly how the hunters wanted it. If everyone knew about them everyone would want to hunt them or be them. The vampires would probably be only too happy to oblige the ones that wanted to be them, and just turn the ones who hunted them. There were few enough hunters around already, and if there were a mass transformation they could kiss any chances they had of victory goodbye. So if a normal person were to see Drake in this state, the only thing that could happen is calling the attention of the authorities upon him. That would definitely not be a good thing for him or any of the hunters. They hadn't lost a hunter in five years, but every loss was a tragedy. He was a member of one section of hunters that held 20 members.

Twenty people in a territory with over 300 vampires. Every Member counted. According to the historians in the hunters, their numbers had never been much larger than that. But the vampires had. So hopefully, this meant they were doing things right over the years. He had heard talk that a hundred years ago, there were a thousand vampires in this one region. He was damn glad he was only 25 years old, and hadn't been around for that shit. The job was tough as it is, but with that many vampires running around it would have been a total nightmare. He finally reached the lake near his home, the one he used to clean himself after hunts. He stripped off his trenchcoat and waded into the lake, a cloud of pink dispersing as he entered it. A satisfied sigh escaped his lips as the cool water embraced his flesh.

Drake was correct about one thing, the humans did so pine to be vampiric in nature and many of her family were more than happy to oblige. That was only because they didn't understand what it was like to be a vampire, to carry that burden, to remember. To remember the past, she remembered. She remembered a time before cars, and now was expected to drive one. She remembered a time when the vampire race was still young and a great deal of secrecy was withheld, and now they were encouraged to feed freely? It was no wonder hunters, in all their self-righteous glory, dedicated so much of their time to see the vampire species destroyed. And in all honesty.. in most cases Juliette had to agree.

Her footsteps were practically nonexistent as she moved through the trees, following the scent of a dead fake-blood, as well as the scent of the hunter who had killed him. She was dressed rather non-imposingly with a pair of black pants hugging her thighs and calves and a small black jacket hugging her frame, zipped up. Her wild red hair spilled over her shoulders and down her back in curls. It was a beautiful contrast to her lightened, deep green, yes green, eyes. They were not the red or black eyes of many of her cousins, though that all together was not too unusual eyes with the human quality of hers were. In fact the young Juliette (about 20 if one had to guess) could pass as human easily were it not for the small human-sized incisors in her mouth that seemed as if they could definitely slip through human flesh. Her face was even brushed lightly with pale freckles, how refreshing.

Juliette had held very little part in the war, though she was directly related to it through her 'father' who all but waved a flag and cheered the vampires on from the sidelines. Yes, the sidelines, because he was too much of a bitch to fight his own battles. He had to make others to do it from him. The bloodline was thinning because of fledglings making fledglings, it was sickening, it had to stop, but it seemed as if she were the only one who saw that.

Her small 5'4" body stepped lightly through the trees until she stood just before the treeline, eyes brushing over the body of Drake, a hunter she knew quite well. Though not a part of the war, she did watch it. She had taken a bit of a fancy to the man.. it was a vampire thing, and it would pass. She knew it and recognized it in herself but refused to do anything about it. She had been watching him from afar when she could for quite some time.. but only now did the urge become too great to withstand.. she had to speak to him.

She wanted to smile but unlike many of her brothers she could not withdraw her small fangs, so she withheld it and only clasped her hands in front of her. Her gaze ate him up like cake. "Hey." She murmured the word quietly and pressed her lips together tight to smile. "I'm lost." It was the only thing she could think to say.. the only reason she would have to be out this way. Though what she'd tell him she was doing in the area, she didn't know.

(gah, sorry this on is so much shorter >.<)
Drake dunked his head under the water, letting the blood that clung to it to slough off of it. As he burst out of the water he flung his hair back, the drops flying off of it shining in the dim light of the moon. He loved cleansing himself after a hunt. It was one of those simple pleasures in life that, when you have a line of work like this, is all too important to indulge in. If there was absolutely nothing for him to look forward to after a hunt, even a lousy bath, what point would there be in it? He'd go insane. He was so caught up in bathing himself he didn't notice the short girl creeping up on him. When she said something, he jumped and his eyes turned to his trenchcoat, still covered in blood.

"WHo the fuck are you?" He demanded, getting out of the water quickly, pulling out a knife. "If you're lost what were you doing all the way out here in the first place?" He didn't trust her. He didn't trust anybody. For all he knew she could be a vampire, waiting for him to let his gaurd down so she could open up his neck and drain him dry. The one time he had let his guard down since he became a hunter, he had was clawed in the face. At least he came away from that encounter with a face left. The vampire hadn't.

He scanned her up and down, and she looked harmless enough. In fact, she was quite pretty. If only that meant something. There had been plenty of vampires he'd had to kill in the past who were lovely and innocent looking.

|| Is okay! Mine was an intro! You can't compare hehe ||

Juliette flinched slightly when he responded to her speaking in such a way. She hadn't thought that sneaking up on him would startle him like that, she wasn't menacing or brooding in the least, but she supposed it was a trained reflex from so many years hunting.. she should have thought of that, stupid stupid stupid.. Juliette mentally berated herself as she allowed the man to look her over with great scrutiny, pulling out his knife. She knew what he could do with that knife all too well.. she'd seen his handy work numerous times on numerous different cousins. She swallowed a bit nervously but tried not to let it move her too much.

And then there was the question.. why was she in the forest at all? She knew it was coming, she should have thought of her answer beforehand but she'd been in such a rush.. "I was here earlier, reading.." She explained softly, taking another step back from him. Her large green eyes were wide with concern. "I fell asleep, when I woke up it was night.. I've been tripping over tree branches all night, I even lost my book.. I just want to get out of here so I can go home." She explained to him with a nod.. that sounded believable. And perhaps the knowledge that she was out in the daylight, reading, would lead him further from the conclusion that she was what she was... a vampire.

Drake let out a soft sigh as she explained that she came to the forest to read. He could hardly fault her for that. After all, he enjoyed reading in the solitude and sounds of nature as well. Slowly, he lowered the knife. "Okay. I know this forest pretty well. I can lead the way out of it even at night. If you would prefer, I have an extra room in my house, it's not too far. You can rest there tonight so you can find your way around in the daytime. Your choice." He turned back to his trenchcoat and sheethed the knife. He quickly dunked his clothes into the water so that the blood would wash away mostly.

"For now, let's head to my house. I need to get clean clothes on regardless." He was really glad that he bathed in his boxers. He could kill vampires all day but when it came to women, he was shy. If she had managed to see him fully nude, even if she was a vampire, he would have clammed up into a tongue-tied, awkward mess. He walked briskly, not making sure whether or not she was close by. It's not that he didn't care, he just wasn't used to walking with anyone. Hunters never travelled together. If they were ambushed and lost more than one, that would be a costly mistake. The only time they ever hunted together was to take down nests, which the vampires had long since learned to avoid congregating.

They reached the house rather quickly, and the motion activated flood lights he had installed switched on. They were UV lights, designed to put out almost the same rays the sun did. They were weaker of course, so the lights wouldn't kill a vampire, but it would damn sure make them burn bad.

|| Ohh snap bahaha ||

Juliette felt her heart calm when he seemed to accept her answer and even went as far as to put his knife away. He'd bought it then, good. She smiled slowly, being sure to keep her teeth pursed and nodded her head as he informed her that he was familiar with the forest. She was prepared to accept his lead when he offered her a room on second thought. She immediately felt her heart clam up and her brain tick away in thought. She wanted to accept the room desperately, to pry around his house and learn more about the hunter she had grown somewhat attached to. But to stay the night meant to face sunlight come morning and that just couldn't happen.. and besides, she wasn't a complete fool. What if he recognized her? What if it was a trap? She couldn't just kick back and relax in his house without feeling some sort of apprehension. Of course, she could always sneak out during the night.... no, because then he would never trust her again. Dammit all.. she wanted in that house.

The answer came to her when he noted that he needed clean clothes in any case. Her brow raised faintly as he drew attention to his almost nakedness, she couldn't help but to run her eyes down his body some. She was a vampire after all.. hormones kind of came with the package, among other things. She took in a deep needless breath and cleared her thoughts, she wasn't a total animal.

"If you can just lead me out I'd be more grateful." She determined as her feet moved to follow the taller man. It worked, because either way she'd get to see the inside of his house. She hoped it gave some insight into the man himself. Of all her time watching him she didn't really know about /him/, only him as a hunter. She didn't want to know the hunter side of him however, she didn't want to be hunted. She wanted to know him as a man.. like she wanted to know him as a woman and not a vampire to be hunter.

Juliette found her gaze wandering over his bare back as she followed him, she was a vampire, she could see in the dark quite clearly contrary to what she said. But the sudden kick of the lights caught her completely off guard. Her eyes screamed with pain and skin began to sear, as if it were burning. She stumbled back quickly and pulled her coat to cover her face so she suffered no more than a light sunburn, a feminine cry of pain escaping her lips followed by a low vampiric hisss.

Cover = blown. But then again, had she ever really fooled him to begin with?

As the lights came on and Juliette reeled in pain, Drake sighed. He had hoped so heavily that she was who she said she was. After that short moment of longing he pulled out his knife and tackled the woman to the ground. It was common practice to interrogate a vampire if they tried to pull something like this. So this one was going to get to live. For now at least. He thrust the knife into her hand, plunging it deep into the ground, then pulled out another to pin both hands. Even though he was only half clothed, he sat on her stomach, his eyes glaring down at her.

"What the fuck are you really doing here? Why were you pretending to be lost?" He put all his weight and strength down on her, his face twisted into a look of rage. Even though she had tried to fool him, and god knew what else, he couldn't help but feel a small bit of remorse for having to hurt her. WHy he had any sort of remorse for her was beyond him though.

Juliette was still trying to recover from the lights when Drake's body suddenly tackled her to the ground. She gasped as the coat was knocked away from her face, cringing in preparation for the light to fall on her once more. Much to her surprise the light didn't fall upon her however, instead she was shadowed by Drake's towering figure, though if he moved too far in either direction the light would surely pummel down on her again. Juliette had just begun to feel some relief thanks to the eclipse of the light when Drake suddenly put his knife through her hand and into the ground. Her head fell back and she howled out in pain, body writhing beneath him as her other hand was staked down as well.

Bloody tears brimmed her usually beautifully vibrant eyes, which she opened to look at him as the fingers on each hand curled. "I only- only wanted to to meet you Drake." She whimpered softly before releasing a soft cry. "Take them out, please! I don't want any trouble! I'm unarmed, I promise!" An she was, he could check for himself.

Granted, a vampire didn't necessarily need a weapon to hurt a man.

Drake laughed as she told him she wanted to meet him. She was a vampire, so she obviously knew what he was. "Why the hell would you want to meet me, vampire? You know who I am, and you know what I am. You know my name!" He looked at the knives in her hands, wanting to pull them out but not wanting to give her the opportunity to attack him. "Before I take the knives out, tell me why. I don't know why I'm doing this but I will trust you. Just this once. So be quick about it and don't fuck it up!"

Juliette nodded her head quickly as he informed her that he would trust her, just this once, and to be quick about it. She was more than willing to oblige his stipulations. "I just like you!" She whined softly, writhing her body in pain as her fingers curled and uncurled. "I think you're dreadfully handsome! But I'm a vampire and you're a slayer, I can only look, no touch! I just--!!" She writhed again, biting her bottom lip as well before continuing on with her pleads. "I couldn't help it anymore, I had to talk to you! Take them out and I'll leave!"

She liked him? That sounded like utter and complete bullshit. But at the same time it didn't. Why did she like him? What the fuck was she thinking? He had never heard of a vampire having a... a what? A crush? On a human. Let alone a hunter. But did she have any reason to lie to him? Well, he was about to kill her so That might be motivation enough to try to deceive. She didn't seem like it. Should he be flattered? The very creature he hunts is attracted to him. This was not an every day experience for him. This could prove to be valuable. If he could get her to talk freely and not coerced about her kind, it could be exactly what the hunters need to free this region from their grip completely.

He contemplated for a moment before reaching behind him to pick up his trench coat. He draped over her as he climbed off of her and pulled the blades from her hands. The coat kept the UV rays from burning her again. "I'm going to turn these off. You can leave or come inside if you wish. If you leave then leave my coat on the ground. Bring it in to me if you come in." He swiftly moved into his house and flicked off the UVs before heading to his closet to throw on a pair of black jeans and simple black t-shirt with no adornment.

Juliette was already flinching as the man on top of her began shift and stand. She had been expecting the harsh UV rays to come down upon her but much to her surprise all she received was the dark embrace of his protective coat. Juliette exhaled in relief and curled her fingers around the material, wincing at the tug of movement on her hands. He spoke again of coming inside but Juliette waited several patient moments before peeking out from under the coat to see that the lights were off. They were, and now she had a choice to make.

He knew what she was, he was a hunter... she should leave, every fiber of her being told her that. But then again, he had invited her into his house.. perhaps he felt the same way..? She knew that was wishful thinking but the key word there was 'wishful'. After some deliberation Juliette bunched his jacket in her hand, trying not to get blood on it, and quickly shuffled to follow him into the house. Tears brimmed her eyes as she entered, he had /hurt/ her after all..

"Thank you, Drake.." She murmured, shutting the door behind her. No turning back now. As he emerged, now dressed, she settled her eyes on him and slowly reached his coat out to him with a trembling, damaged hand. "Your coat.."

Drake plucked the his coat from her hand, never taking his eyes off the woman. He wouldn't trust her. Not even for a second. He dropped the coat in the corner before pulling a bottle of whiskey from a shelf as well as a glass, pouring much more into the glass than a normal person probably would. It was full to the brim. He pulled another glass down and filled it to a much more normal portion, handing it to her."Don't worry about getting blood on the glass. That's what sinks are for after all. I'm sure you're glad that those wounds won't last long. That's one advantages of being.... one of you." There was a certain amount of scorn and condescension when he added the phrase 'one of you'. He held nothing but contempt for their species. But perhaps there were a handful that weren't all bad.

Drake led her to his study. The room was lined with bookshelves filled with all sorts of books. From science fiction to fantasy, to books on vampires. Some of which hand bound copies of books that were only known to Hunters. He took a seat and motioned for her to as well. "So you... like me hm? Why? You've obviously seen me. You've seen what I do to your brothers and sisters, cousins, et cetera. Why would that invoke any feelings other than hatred toward me?" He leveled his gaze on her, his eyes staring right into hers. He had a piercing gaze that could make most people's blood run cold.

Alcohol..? Juliette's brow rose slightly when he held the glass out for her but it was a few minutes before she finally took it with his prompting words not to concern herself about the blood. His comment about 'one of you' caused her to frown guiltily however and pass an awkward glance at her bloodied hand. He was right.. she supposed. "Uhm.." She started quietly, but when he began to lead her deeper into his house she was quite quick to follow. There was a gut instinct in her stomach that told her not to, to stay away, but there was a stronger feeling in her that couldn't do that. So she followed.

He lead her to his library. She followed him all the way to the seats and quickly took one as he did. His opening topic was, in all ways, awkward. The love-struck Juliette swallowed and turned her gaze down to the cup of.. whatever. She really wasn't much of a drinker. "You would be surprised, Drake.. on my standing point of those issues." She turned her big green gaze up to him. "I've just found myself stricken by you.. the farther I am the worse it gets. I had hoped actually speaking to you might.. ease that some. I knew you would hate me." And probably kill her, too. But the word was still out on that one.

Her answer, vague and cryptic as it was, was still surprising. He had never heard anything from a vampire's mouth except for fierce loyalty to their clan. He looked at his glass for a long moment before touching it to his lips and draining about half of it. A sigh escaped him as the bitter liquor warmed his body. "So... What exactly ARE your opinions on that issue? I think it's important you be clear about that. If it sounds like bullshit then one of us won't walk out of this room. Hell, I shouldn't have even let you in here. I don't know... you seem sincere. Not that I actually trust. Just enough to not kill you outright"

He shifted his gaze away from her eyes to the floor next to her chair. "Well... since I'm treating you like an actual person, maybe you should tell me your name. You obviously know mine already, but it would be rude not to introduce myself anyway. I'm Drake. Vampire Hunter, literature enthusiast, and chef." In the back of his head a voice resounded 'you idiot. Making small talk with a fucking vampire. You need to get your damn head on straight'.

Drake had, as she suspected, pushed the topic of her standing in the whole war between her clan and the fierce hunters. She would rather have liked to avoided the whole conversation but she understood his need to know as well as his curiosity. Still, she bought herself a little extra time by lifting the glass he had handed her to her lips and pretending to take a drink, she didn't care for alcohol much. When Drake went on to introduce himself however, she found a wide grin spreading across her features, one that brought her fangs to light all to clearly. Realizing this she quickly wiped the smile off of her face and looked down, though her mouth was still turned upwards. "My name is Juliette.." she murmured softly, gaze grinding into the glass roughly.

"My standpoint is rather passive." she continued to speak, addressing his previous question, "The farther a vampire gets in the bloodline from the original, the more watered down their genres are, they are called Fake Bloods by my people. Fake Bloods make up well over half of our population, they deserve death, the result of young making young. Real Bloods, those of good roots and well-aged, I stand behind them.. I cannot be angry with the Slayers when I myself have killed the Fake Bloods. They step out of line, they are careless.." Her gaze drifted off of her glass and to the side, namely away from him. There was a lot more she could have said that she chose to leave out for her own safety. Things like she herself was a Real Blood, a powerful vampire. Also, things like her creator also happened to be the head of the very clan the slayers were warring against.

Drake had never heard of this bloodlining of vampires. However, it made a lot of sense. The more powerful the vampires were, the less feral and more sophisticated they were. The hunters had never seen the head of the clan, but they had all assumed that was because he stayed secluded so that leadership would never be lost. Although it made sense it didn't make it true. She had no real reason to lie to him, but the only reason she had to tell the truth was the fact he would do his best to kill her if she lied. Then again he had no idea what the power of this vampire might be. He had tackled her in a weakened state. There was no guarantee that in a fair fight he would emerge the victor. Hell what the fuck was he doing? This could have been a trap to get him in a confined space.

He took a deep breath and steeled himself for anything that might happen before he took another drink. He wasn't afraid to die, but he wanted to make sure he did his duty as a hunter to the fullest before that happened. And was he? Talking with this vampire who 'liked' him. "What exactly is it about me that you like? You obviously haven't had much time to know me for who I am. So I guess you just think I'm sexy?" He downed the rest of the glass to steel his nerves the rest of the way. It wasn't just nerves thinking he might have to defend himself but nerves of.... what? Was he attracted to her as well? She certainly was a well built woman, but she was also the embodiment of all he was supposed to hate and strike down.

Juliette's emerald green eyes studied him carefully as he chewed around all the information she had fed him. It was lucid information as far as she was concerned. Although her people would anger with her for speaking to a hunter, the information she had released couldn't really be used against them so she didn't feel any guilt for talking to him. Besides, if she made one wrong move he'd be on her like white on rice and the last thing she wanted to do was kill the human who had captured her attention so thoroughly. She tentatively palmed the still-full glass as she waited for him to absorb the information and pose another question to her, which she was sure he'd do. And he did.

A small flush budded in her cheeks as he quested what it was exactly she liked about him. Sexy? "Well.. that's part of it.." She admitted quietly, fighting a tentative smile as her eyes remained diverted from him. "I cannot explain it. I've seen you many times, I've grown acquainted to the sight of you.." how was she to explain an inhuman fascination, something common for her breed but not so much his own? She faked another sip of the alcohol to bide her time but found herself making a look of distaste as she accidentally swallowed a bit of it. "That's awful." She accused, nose scrunching as she pushed the glass away from herself altogether. She would /not/ be faking another taste any time soon, screw being polite.

"Blegh.."

Drake couldn't help but laugh as Juliette illustrated her distaste to the alcohol. He knew she hadn't taken that first sip. The glass had been just as full as it was before her fake sip. He picked up the glass and downed the rest of what was in it, a slight warmth now spreading through his body. He let out a satisfied sigh as the last of the liquid drained from the glass and down his throat. "I really don't get it. But then again, just cause you vampires look the same as humans doesn't mean your feelings or thoughts are the same, huh? In fact I'd say the way you people think is pretty far removed from general human thought." He kept insulting and talking down to her and about her people even though he didn't mean to. The years of hatred and anger toward them was definitely showing in the way he spoke to her.

"So tell me more about the blood line. How diluted has it become, and how far have the hunters come to wiping out the impure ones in this area. And one more thing. How important are you? Will they track you, and me, down if I don't let you go?" The last question made the air heavy again. He didn't want to let her go back to the clan, as a security measure. They had no idea, however, how easily vampires could track others vampires. They hadn't studied or observed that. So there was quite a large decision for him to make now, and her information was crucial to him making it.

Juliette had actually begun to feel a bit affable about their meeting. Drake seemed content to talk to her, no games other than that brief UV light incident earlier, and she was being as non-threatening as possible. All the red flags that had been going off when he invited her inside had been eased for the time being, but it was brief. As he talked down to her she felt her facial features falter and her eyes divert, and as he continued on to prod her with questions about her clan her mood only further fell. So he was only interested in her clan then, was that it? Juliette intently watched the wall in thought before she stood.

"I did not come here to talk about vampires, or hunters.. I came here to talk to you. If you're not going to talk to me, person to person, then I will leave." No.. she certainly was not comfortable sharing that information with him and she was getting those alarming red flags in her mind all over again.. she never should have come here.

Drake sighed and tried to think of something quick. He actually was interested in knowing more about her individually as well as the clans in general. He had to think of something more so she would become more comfortable. "Okay I'm sorry. Tell me something about you. As a person. Not human or vampire. Just you." He hoped that would cool her down enough to stay. Partially because he wanted her to stay, and partially because she knew where he lived now. She could get a whole pack of her clan to come and destroy his little home with him in it. He wasn't entirely sure which of those parts was the larger but that didn't exactly matter.

He looked into her eyes and surprised even himself with the sincerity with which he spoke. "I'm really sorry for upsetting you. I've just been hunting so long it's hard not to think this way."

|| Nothing like a little fear to make someone talkative. LOL. ||

When he suddenly backed over himself and prompted her to talk about /herself/ as a person and not as a part of her clan, Juliette let an indignant sort of haughty look cross her features and she looked away stubbornly. He was only interested in her clan, she was sure. Humoring her just to get her comfortable so he could pump more information out of her. It wasn't until he looked at her more personally and forced a better apology on her that she seemed to ease down some, and even relax back into her chair.

"Well.. I suppose I can understand that." She started lightly. Her eyes slid over him for a few minutes before she exhaled needlessly, human habits she had yet to let go of. "I don't talk about myself often." She admitted this slowly. What was there to tell about herself..? She wasn't particularly interesting, really.. she supposed the first thing that came to mind was.. well.... "I became a vampire around the time of the romanticism movement... I have a brother, one whom is also a vampire. He is an older brother, though by vampire standards I would be his superior."

Drake's curiosity piqued as she said she was a superior vampire. To the knowledge of the hunters, the eldest were the strongest and most superior. He wanted to press that issue and see what exactly made her superior to her older brother, but he would refrain from that kind of conversation now. He didn't want to scare her off. But why? If she wouldn't answer any further, there was no real reason to keep her here. Regardless of the reasons, he wanted to keep her talking. "The romanticism movement, hm? It must have been interesting to have lived through that time. Tell me more about it. I actually know very little of it." Which was the truth. With all his time spent learning to kill vampires, he had never really studied much history. His study was oddly devoid of any history books.

He held up a finger, motioning for her to hold that thought as he left to return to his bottle of whiskey. He poured himself another overfull glass, then eyed it a little. After some deliberation, he took a large gulp from it so he could top it off again. He figured the more drunk he got, the more he could talk to Juliette like she was a normal person. His logic might have been flawed, but there was no way of knowing that just yet. He started back toward the study, looking at her and smiling a bit more warmly and less fake than if he was stone sober. "Ok then. Go on." His hands were finally steady. They had been shaking the whole time the two of them had been talking. If she had noticed, he was thankful she didn't say anything. It would have made him far more likely to be aggressive toward her. He was frightened and excited all at once by this encounter. The thought of doing anything with a vampire other than spilling their blood should have made him cringe. In the back of his mind, however, he found the thought more and more appealing.

He blamed it on the alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom