Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eternal Love (Snowpaw and Rosita)

rosita red

Star
Amsu tossed and turned in his bed, unable to get to sleep. This was another sleepless day for him, the longing for his beloved feeling like a rock sitting on his rib cage. He knows it's close to the time that her soul should be revealing itself. He roles over to face the the side of the room with the the nightstand that has his lamp and alarm clock on it. He closes his eyes, trying to picture what she looked like in the past and what she might look like this time around. The final time around.

Her name had been Semat the first time. The first time he fell in love with her. Unlike other woman of the court, she kept her waist length naturally straight hair. She was hour glass figured, but sill slim, her skin the color of the deserts sands under the noon days sun. He had been told that wide hips on a woman was good for bearing children. Her father had not objected when he started courting her. She had been honored to receive such attention from the king himself. The whole land rejoiced when they married. Rejoiced even more when it was annouced to the masses that she was with his heir. And then fate took a cruel twist. He had been bitten, in his confusion due to blood loss had drank from his attacker, becoming a vampire himself. A king that could not be seen by the people... Not in control of his instincts, he stayed away from his queen, until at last it was time for her to give birth. Semat had begged and pleaded to allow him into the birthing chamber as the labor grew long.

She had looked him in the eye, gripping his arms through the pain of the contractions. Promised him that she would always love him. Would find him again in another life. Then he had been issued out of the room. A short while later Egypt had a new prince, his mother having bled to death. Amsu fled when he heard the news of her passing. His mortal son was now king.

He actually does manage to dose off before sun set, the longing easing as he got ready to go out for the night. He dresses in causal cloths, black to set of his unusual green eyes, long tied back black hair and tan skin. He is, after all, going on a blind date tonight.

He arrives at the agreed upon place several minutes early, not really hopeful that he would come across his beloved Semat's form tonight. He looks up from the menu when the host leads a woman in the the direction of his table.

Why she agreed to do this, Samara would never know. Her gay best friend had set her up. Again. A blind date. She growled into the mirror, frowning her unusual blue eyes at her reflection. Running a hand through her jet black hair, she attempted to wrangle in into a semblance of normalcy. It was too straight, too plain. So she added a few braids, fastening them with little gold rubber bands.

She slipped into a pure white dress, sliding her feet into a pair of white boots. Applying eyeliner, she pronounced herself semi-attractive, and grabbed her black purse to head out the door.

Lately she had been feeling restless. Probably the lack of sex on her part, she decided. Her ex had cheated on her. Again. And she broke up with him. But it was taking it's toll on her.

Samara walked to her car, a black mustang with the roof down. The most exquisite possession she owned, because she had to work three years for it. She wasn't particularly successful in her career... Painting and taking pictures didn't pay as well as she wished currently.

She stepped through the door of the allotted restaraunt and was pointed over to a table with someone already there. Walking over, her gaze flit over him. Surprise lingered in her gaze at a gut feeling of recognition... But there was no way she had met this man. Maybe someone who looked like him?

Samara sat, smiled at him. Placing her purse beside her, the woman sighed and looked him over once more. "Hello, I'm Samara. Sorry about this whole thing... Friends get pushy. Don't they?" she asked, grinnin nervously.

Amsu smiled back at Samara. "Sometimes. But they tell me I need to get out of the lab, clean up and live a little. But they do keep things interesting," Amsu chuckles as he raises his water class to take a drink. "I hope you can find something to your taste here. They have a pretty good selection of wines here, if that is your thing." The vampire gives her a relaxed smile, hoping that she will do so as well. He would feel his way around about how she feels about paying for the meal. Like an old fashioned gentlemen, since he had proposed the place he would pay for their meals.

She nodded, smiling slightly. Her friends just bugged her because she would stop talking if she was sad. Apparently to be quiet around people such as George and Hector was illegal and must be fixed immediately.
She leaned back a bit, then signaled a waiter for a salad and a glass of merlot. Not too bad. She could easily pay off her share of this. Waiting for her food to be brought, Samara tilted her head as she looked this man over. His skin was barely darker than hers, the golden flesh speaking of time spent in the sun, of heritage across the sea. His hair, long and tied back... His eyes. She nearly felt herself staring and looked away, a blush staining her features. "So... Lab? What do you do in a lab?"

Even without use of his vampire charms many men and women had gotten charmed by Amsu's eyes. Though he stills finds it weird to be hit on by men in public. He had looked over her as well, with her braided back jet black and blue eyes which stand out because of it. "I am hematopathologist. I look at samples of blood and bone marrow to help determine the illness effecting a person." He knows that sounds horrible interesting. Most women took more interest in the pay that comes along with his profession. "And what about yourself? What do you do to fill your time?

She nodded, a small smile curving her lips as she listened to his brief explanation. It actually sounded interesting, she thought. But before she could say as much, he asked her of her own profession. Giving a shaky smile, she looked away. So many people thought of her as air headed, or just plain weird when they heard her occupation. "I'm an artist. I take photographs, paint, sculpt..." she said quietly, thanking the waiter as he brought her wine and salad. She sipped the red wine, eyes downcast.

"Ah, the life of an artist. I hope you enjoy it." Amsu looked at her salad. Hopfully she would be eating something more than just that. Even though meat does nothing more than taste good and maybe give him a little bit blood he still eats it. He had been wanting steak for a while, so that is what he would order for tonight. "You do not mind if I meat later on do you?" He could make it work with a vegetarian, so as long as they left his meat eating habits alone. And of course there is the other source of fluid that he must intake in order to live.

She shook her head. "Nah," she replied, grinning. "I just felt like a salad tonight, else I would have probably gotten steak." she stuck her tongue out before chuckling. "Life of the artist? Yes, it is enjoyable. And quite fun when you're bored, have an empty canvass, and several paintballs. Makes for an interesting night. She munched on the green vegetables, her eerie blue eyes on his face as she swallowed. "What about you? Do you enjoy your job?"

"Yes, that I do. It's always interesting to take a look at a slide or sample of marrow." He took a drink to be able to wet his lips and throat. "What do you do for a hobby Samara? I play several instruments for instance. I also like dancing and going to museums." Typical first date conversation. Amsu is relieved when the waiter comes over to bring his steak. It's just how he likes it, still slightly pink.

She chuckled. "I guess my job is a hobby... I also volunteer at the hospital and such." she shrugged, then noticed his steak. A blush lit her face as her stomach grumbled. She quickly took another bite of her salad and looked away. "So, what's your history...? Like, past?" she quickly looked away, curious about this man who seemed so familiar, yet she had never met.

Ah, he wondered when that question come up. Luckily Amsu had practiced his most recent history. "My parents where first generation emigrants from Egypt. We came here when I was about two years old. I don't remember a whole about Egypt. Just some of the people and a lot of sand." Another drink to keep his throat moist. "I went to school here and then college in order to get my degrees. My parents encouraged me to learn all the languages and all about the cultures I could here, especially ours. I know Farci, Arabic, Spanish, Italian, French, and of course English," he laughs. "You can say i'm addicted to learning outside of working." For a second, he sobered up. "My parents passed away a few years ago sadly. Cancer claimed my father and mother passed about three months after him."

She listened intently, his words mirroring her own history slightly. She nodded as she listened, a smile curling her lips. But she soon lost her smile to reach over and gently grab his hand. "I'm so sorry..." she said. She had no idea how it would be to not have your family there for you. No mother to worry over your health. No father to crack a drink with. She moved back a bit and stated at her hand. A small shock had gone through it, and she had no idea why.

"It is alright. I remember them fondly and all the time we had together." He pauses when Samara withdrawals her hand. "Are you alright Samara? It looked like you got shocked by static shock. I was told this type of fabric doesn't hold static." He had felt it to, and he knows that it is not static shock. However he doesn't think it's the time to tell Samara what it is.

"Yes... Static.." she said quietly, rubbing her band and looking at it with a question in her gaze. Looking back to him, she tilted her head. "So how long have you lived here..?" she asked, a wavering smile on her lips. She sipped her drink and watched him carefully, feelingike this was a whole case of deja vu.

"I lived in this city for about seven years. How about you?" The pressure is slight now but Amsu knows it will get worse. A sure sign that his beloved is once again near him. Shifting not from nervousness but from trying to relief the pressure he waits for her answer.

She smiled gently and looked to the side, biting her lip. "I have lived here for three years... I lived in Egypt for a while with my family..." she closed her family. "We moved when my brother died. Nobody knew how he had... But it broke my mothers heart to be reminded of it so much."
Samara looked at him curiously. "Is something wrong..?" she asked, noticing his restless shifting.

Amsu smiled when she mentioned living in Egypt. After all this time he still loved his native land, even if remembering it as it was brought a little bit of pain to him. "I'm sorry to hear you lost your brother." He shook his head no. "Just some indigestion. It will pass soon. Please, do not worry about me." Amsu gives her a reassuring easy smile.

She smiled slightly, then pushed her half eaten plate away. "I'm full..." she said quietly, then sipped her wine. "I hope so. Wouldn't want one as you to suffer for long." she smiled as she joked with him, then grabbed her napkin. She reached over and brushed some remnants of his meal from his bottom lip, then blushed and sat back down. "Sorry... You had a bit there. "

Surprised emerald eyes watch her as she leans over to get some crumbs off his lips. "Thank you," he murmurs. He had felt a warmth that didn't just come from still nature living flesh. More and more he is sure his beloved had returned to him, is sitting right and front of him. Samara is rather pretty when she blushes. "So what type of music do you like listening to?"

She shrugged. "Anything depending on my mood. Rock, country, dubstep. Weird, I know." looking back to him she gave a smile. "Do you play any instruments?" she asked, fiddling with her napkin. He really was attractive... But she doubted he was honestly interested in this conversation. After he answered, she sighed and decided to take pity on him. He looked so uncomfortable.
Digging through her purse, Samara pulled out her wallet and placed her share of the money on the table. "I'm sorry you had to sit through a dinner with me." Her words were calm, not caring. "But I guess I'm going to head home now."

It's good to know she has a wide range of tastes in music. Amsu knows most the good spots for live entertainment in the city. Amsu nodded. "I play a range of instruments. All of the saxs, piano, violin, harp, most of the string instruments in fact." He can't reveal to much, seeing as it will maybe scare her off. which apparently does anyway. He leaves his half of the money and a good tip. "Please let me walk you to your car Samara. Perhaps we can get together another time. I know of several well known places where they play live music in the evenings, depending on what you want to hear on a given night." His tone is slightly pleading.

She stilled her movements as she stood and looked back at him. A slightly confused frown marred her face, and she shook her head. "You don't have to... I'm sure you have other women to enjoy your time with..." her smile was a bit forced until she heard the tone of his voice. Did he really want to go? "Um... Okay. I'll give you my number if you find a good show, then. And you can call me..."
She reached into her bag and pulled out a business card. 'Exotic Imagery' was spelled out on the black card with good lettering, followed by her name and number.
"Just... Call me later then? And you can walk me out I guess..." she waited for him to stand as well.

Well, actually, currently he doesn't. It had been awhile since he had gotten together with an off and on again lady vampire flame of his. "Alright. I check around and see what's happening in the next few days. Surely i can find something to your liking." To make sure the card is safe he sticks with the other business cards already in there before tucking it away in his pocket again. For now Amsu won't offer his arm for Samara to take, seeing as they are not that familiar yet. Standing he waits for her to head for the door first before following after her. Reaching the door first, he opens it and waits for her to pass through before stepping through himself.

She smiled as he walked with her, looking at him from out of the corner of her eye. God he was gorgeous! But... Had she met him somewhere? The thought continued to niggle at the back of her mind, until she got to her car. Looking at him as she turned, she crooked her finger for him to bend down as if to hear a secret. Blushing, she stood up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek lightly. "Thank you for such a wonderful evening," she said quietly, looking away as her golden skin tinted pink. "And I will be happy to see you another time..."

He probably won't remember... The thought whispered through her mind as she got into her car and started it, turning on her deadmau5 cd and smiling at the music. The boys never appreciated her dubstep love... But really... It made her heart beat wildly, sent her mind to far off places, made her body move to its own accord. It was as if the tones and thumps filled her body. So as she drove home, she relaxed, the mix disk passing to another song.

Pulling into her drive, she slipped the cd from the player and put it into its holder on the visor above her, took her keys, and slowly made her way to her door, mind reeling over this night.

She stepped into the shower when she heard a thump in her living room. Passing it off as her pet dog rough housing, Samara jolted when the thump was followed by a large crash and a shattering sound. Running from the shower with a goal hazily wrapped around her body, she stared in shock as she noticed what lay on her carpet in front of her living room window.

Someone had tossed a large, red painted rock. The paint streamed down in dried rivulets as if dipped in... She shivered. Okay. Weird. Shaking her head and walking to the bathroom, she shut off the water and pulled on her black silk robe, then went to find a small sack.

Two hours later, after vacuuming twice and slicing her hands several times, Samara staggered back into her bathroom to finish her shower, hating the fact she had gone for the full wall windows, gorgeous as they might have been. She finished bathing, then slipped into her bed soaked and naked, too tired to get dressed and or dried off.

Samara's lips are so soft.... Luckily Amsu had remembered to shave a couple nights before so his cheeks are relatively smooth. Vampire hair takes a bit longer to grow then a normal humans. "You are very welcome. As did I. Travel safely home Samara."

For awhile as dawn started to appear in the sky Amsu cataloged in his mind everything he had learned about Samara during the night. She likes a variety of music according to her mood. Her eye color. What she had been wearing. Things of that nature.

A couple nights later he calls her. "Hello. This is Amsu Wassum. I wasn't sure what type of music mood you are in now so I thought I would call and ask so I can narrow done my search parameters." It had been hard to guess whether or not he had actually reached her or her voicemail . In any case, he's proving that he hadn't forgotten about her.

Back
Top Bottom