Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mismatched Partners (suicidal butterfly and Josu_T)

After doing the search Alex spent the rest of his day just relaxing. He tried not to think about Cat or her injury. The next day he went through his routine and got ready for a day of practice. As he made his way to the dance studio he thought about what to say to Cat. He didn't want to create any major issues between them, but he needed to know what she was capable of in the present day. He arrived at the studio and got changed. He started to stretch and warm up as he waited for the others to arrive. He was still really unsure of what to do. He hoped it would be cleared up quickly when Cat arrived.

Yesterday was great. Cat loved that the class was so eager to learn what she had shown them. After the class cat went out with Bella and they talked about her dancing and partner, Alex. She explained that she didn't know why, but she was almost a bitch to him the whole time she had known him. Bella had laughed at her and told her to take it slow, she knew cat very well and that was just something she always did with guys. So it would only be a matter of time before she started to be nicer to him. Bella also stated that she might end up liking him. 

Cat walked into the studio. Somewhat frowning, what Bella had said stuck to her mind like crazy glue. She couldn't like him, it was purely business. She could see herself being a little nicer, and she just sighed. "well I guess it's time to try and get along." she put her bag down and noticed Alex was already here. "good morning, how are you today?" she had a slight smile on her face. She walked over to him and began to stretch as well. 

Alex looked over at the door when he heard it open and saw Cat enter. She didn't look too happy, but he had no idea why. He looked away and continued stretching for a minute until she spoke up. When she actually joined him to stretch he was surprised. He couldn't think of what to say for a moment. When he got over his shock he smiled. "Uh, hey. I'm doing well. I did the search you suggested last night. I didn't know. I can't imagine how that must feel. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I still don't know how strong your wrist is now. I don't want to think of it as a weakness. But if there are changes we should make then you shouldn't be afraid to tell me and the others. We are a team. Anyway, I'm sorry if it felt like I was or am acting like a jerk."

Cat nodded at Alex's reply. "No it is my fault, it's a sensitive subject. All my life I had been able to do things that not many people could. So when it happened it was hard to take." she paused and looked at him closely. Thinking of what Bella had said again. The woman shook her head and continued the conversation. "If something that you loved was suddenly taken away from you I'm sure you would be a bit bitter also. And to be honest I can't use my wrist much. So doing one handed handstands would be hard. I get a pain in my wrist that doesn't go away easily and if it goes unattended it gets pretty swollen."

Cat stopped and looked to the door as Sam entered. She didn't know what to talk about next, so she just didn't say anything. Cat thought about telling Sam about her wrist, maybe they would come up with something that could prevent her from over exerting her wrist at practice and also teaching cat that it wasn't so bad. It could have been her leg that was shattered instead, if that had happened she would likely had a cane for the rest of her life. 

Alex was both surprised and relieved by Cat's reaction to what he said. For once they actually seemed to be getting along. She gave him a proper and polite response about her wrist. He nodded, understanding that it would probably be quite difficult to have something so tragic happen. He made a mental note of what she said about how strong her wrist was. It was good to know that so they could plan ahead. He was starting to get used to having her as a partner and didn't want to have to go through another change to possibly get someone worse.

When the other two arrived Alex simply nodded and touched Cat's shoulder as a way of letting her know he understood. Then he got up and went over to their coach and choreographer to see what was planned for practice that day. He wasn't sure what to expectand he wasn't sure if the others knew the extent of the injury to his partner. It wasn't his job to tell them though. Only Cat could do that. Well, only Cat should. He would give her the chance and not do something that could annoy her. The last thing they needed was to become enemies again.

Cat continued to stretch as she saw Alex walk over to the others. He was right, again. She shouldn't be scared but she was, she really was. She was afraid of rejection, or being dropped from dancing and never get to dance again. She thought that if she told Sam it would be a huge blemish on her record and the woman wouldn't want to choreograph with her. 

Cat stopped and placed her hand on her cheat trying to calm her beating heart. 'that won't happen. I know she wouldn't think of it as a weakness.' she tried to calm down as she looked at her wrist. She just sighed and closed her eyes. She would tell Sam after practice.

Sam started to explain a routine she had been planning for a while once both dancers were there. Alex listened carefully and looked at all the planned moves. When Sam pointed out a lift that would happen and how it would happen Alex spoke up. "Do you think we could rotate some things so that we are doing the lift from the other side? You know my right side is stronger and my lifts have more power and control when we focus on that." Sam smiled and nodded at him. It was true. When the main arm in the lift was his right arm it always looked better because it was his stronger side. Alex knew he could do the lift with his left side being the focus, but he wanted to show Cat that there was no reason to be afraid to point out a weakness. They could work together and work through it.

Back
Top Bottom