Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hallows' Dale (Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to The Hallows Dale a place where mystic meets magic and where humans dare to tread. It’s a city devoted to the things that go bump in the night and love to make humans jumpy. It has shops dedicated to serving any magical creatures’ needs from raw elven wild moss for unicorns to somewhat legal blood packs for vampires. You can hang (literally for some of our more ‘beasty’ citizens) in the “Witch’s Spell Bar” for a tricky hand-crafted Witch’s Blue Moon Beer. Or even bump and grind with some more…”glamorous” citizens of Hallows Dale in the “Night Club” (owned by a high-ranking vampire, who seems to be getting away with anything).
There’s neighborhoods like the prestigious Wildwood Gated Community For The Noble and Wealthy Society Members of Hallows Dale, and Happy Dales where about every illegal activity goes down. There’s the Illegal Black market located in a rather unconventional place (or else MAGIK would have found it already) and the illegal moonshine business that runs in a graveyard (and hasn’t been closed down because quite frankly the MAGIKs director loves the stuff).
In what seems to be a lawless city there is a Secret Police Force called M.A.G.I.K( whom nobody knows what the acronym stands for) and it members called Knights are of a gifted quality. Its Gifted Members include races such as Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, and the Tricky people from the Fae(and a couple races we haven’t quite identified or thought of a way to categorize). Its task force is seeking members to police the underbelly of the already seedy city of Hallows Dale.
Are you Brave enough to Join?
*The MAGIK task force groups its members into partners or 2 but on certain cases will put multiple partners together
* MAGIK also employs FREELANCERS, or people who will be assigned to partners to help them out on a specific case
* MAGIK is also proud to say that it allows its members to hold jobs other than being a Knight and will provide housing if need be
* MAGIC is in charge of keeping humans away and ensuring the safety of its citizens and policing any underground, illegal, or black market activity.
*MAGIK issues a trademarked hand crafted to the user weapon upon completion of orrentation and training, and a set of uniforms(which nobody wears because half the time your under cover and nobody feels like explaining the acronym to anybody.)
To Apply Click this Link!: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34402

Mika was in a pair of dark blue jean bootee shorts, a red pirate style shirt, and black leather thigh high boots. She was serving a couple of old drunks at Witch's Spell Bar. Well, really she was trying to compromise with one. He had a couple to many and wanted to order another five. It was one thing to be drunk, Mika knew this all to well. Her best tips came from drunks. However, she knew if he got anymore drinks, then her shot of a tip at all would be terminated. She after exhausting her options, she gave him one option, "Tip me now and you can have as many as you would like." Mika tried to sound as nice as possible. Frustrated would be an understatement for how she felt. Mika couldn't afford losing a tip, especially since last nights client bailed on her. She had bills to pay and her cupboards where empty as usual. It didn't help that MAGIK has asked her for any helpfor a little over a month. Luckily the guy placed down thirty dollars. Mika picked it up and handed him another drink. With a wink, she turned and walked away with her tail flicking from side to side, expressing her aggravation. She placed the tip in her bra as she tried to find something to do. The place was empty, except for the two older men and a couple of workers. "Damn it's slow", she mumbled under her breath as she started to wipe down the already sparkling bar.

Xelan shoved open the door to the bar, making his entrance unnecessarily noticeable. He made straight for the bar with a little too much swagger; it was clear to anybody watching him that he was trying a little too hard.

When he got to the bar he thumped his fist on it and spoke loudly.

"Gimme a shot of the strongest thing you have."

Jay was sitting down on a roughed up purple pleather bar stool connected to the bar table at the Witch’s Brew in downtown Hallows Dale. She swiveled the squeaky seat with her ass, simply to annoy Mika’s sound sensitive ears. Damn Neko forgot to refill her stock of special ordered moon shine. Jay tugged down on her black slim fitting cocktail dress. So much for fitting in, she looked like a misplaced lady in the metaphorical whore house. Then Jay remembered why she was there. Jay held a case file from Magik telling her that they wanted her to assemble a team to simply take down a Vampire named Lucrezia, the vampire that owned the Night Club and very well half of the illegal market. And she only had 3 names to help her begin to form the team. A human, a neko, and a serpentine, grandpa was getting crazy thinking this kind of team could work. Then Jay’s noses perked up, the human had arrived. Humans always had this distinctive smell compared to the mythical in Hallows Dale. So this was the infamous (But new) Xelan, he has to be new with all that haughtiness. That’s how you could tell newbies from the big leaguers, there projected aura. The ones that walked like they were some kind of god for passing the hostile entrance exam to be a Magik Agent, and had the superiority about themselves (the kind people like to question). The ones who have been with the agency for years had the confidence that kept people close but never incited anyone to challenge them. New agents usually had the transcending from cocky to a cool confidence after their first year. To Jay it was kind of unbearable to her to deal with them, the reason she worked in the shadows for the past 5 years. Hoping they learned quicker or died quicker. The latter happened more times then she liked to admit. Well time to meet the first member of the team. Jay thought back in her head, Who had the great idea to let humans into a supernatural agency?
“who do you think you are? the owner of the place, I’m pretty sure she would have something to say about that…” Jay said giving the unknown man a once over and a small sarcastic smile, while Jay waved over to Mika and made sure to make a slow moaning creak with her chair. Looks like Jay just wanted to be a Bitch today.

(Sorry for such a long post but needed some back story...)

"If I was the owner, I'd be getting my own drink, wouldn't I?" shot back Xelan, rising to the challenge. "I'm that thing- what do you call it? Oh, a customer! Who wants a drink, and who wants it strong."

Xelan looked over the woman. He had no idea what she was- she looked human, but so did a lot of things that weren't around here. He wasn't about to let her intimidate him, though. Going on the offensive seemed liked the best idea.

"Once I've got a few drinks in me and I'm looking for some chick to nail the in bathroom I'll let you know."

(No problem. Wasn't sure how you wanted it taken. Also, sorry for the long wait, my internet went out for the weekend. Finally got it back up and running!)
Mika noticed Xelan walk in. "Damn newb." She mumbled under her breath. She gave Jay a couple of glances and noticed she was empty. 'Shit,' she thought, 'I'm going to lose a tip.' She heard Xelan's order and before she could say anything Jay decided she had to open her mouth. 'What is she thinking? Trying to make me loose a tip?' She looked at Xelan and quickly chirped with a smile, "One second handsome and I'll make you the strongest drink you ever had." Her white ears layed back as Jay continued to squeake her chair. As Mika turned around, she made sure her tail tickled Xelan's chin, hoping that the flirting would keep him cool."

Mika walked over to Jay, but on her way took out three bottles and put them on the table behind her- Everclear, Absinth, Vodka, and 151 rum. When she reached Jay, Mika asked, "Do you want a refill or something new honey?" She hated to leave Xelan at the bar, but if Jay was ordering the same special ordered moon shine, then she had it under the bar.

Xelan brushed away the tail as it touched his chin. He was feeling appeased enough to stand back and wait for his drink, scanning the other customers as he did.

"At this point Mika is that even a question?"

Jay asked with a small smile. Jay had to admit when Mika was around things went a lot smoother on missions. Jay took the glass offered to her and turned the chair back to the bar making sure not to squeak the bar-stool.

"you know i would never stiff you on a tip right?"

Jay pulled out a hundred from her cocktails dress' bodice. She flicked it towards the feline.

"Since technically i do own the Witch's Brew and by the way Mika do i look like a Whore that would do the deed in the bathroom?"

Jay flicked her eyes to the human as she said that. Jay had a bad feeling this was the human she was going to have to end up working with, not to many humans in hallows dale at all to be anyone else.

Xelan looked back over to the woman. He had expected his last comment to shut her up.

"My name is Xelan. I work for me. I'm here looking for opportunities, not a boss."

"Thanks Jay and you will never do such things in a bathroom." Mika said as she took the tip. 'Luckily she didn't squeak that god awful stool.'
She then turned around and started mixing the four drinks she got out earlier. 'It may taste horrible to me. But if he wants strong, I'm going to make something that will kick him in the ass.'

As Mika was bringing Xelan's drink over to him, she said in a kind voice with ears perked, "Now handsome, don't be so mean to my boss please." Trying to smooth things over. When Mika placed his drink down she brought her tail about and tried look as innocent as possible, "You don't want to get me upset now." Mika winked her purple eyes at Xelan, hoping that he would stop trying to annoy Jay.

Jay was a really good owner and she treated Mika well. She wasn't going to let a customer talk to Jay like that without saying something, but she did have to get something from him. Xelan seemed like one of the cocky guys that wouldn't tip her. Mika glanced down the bar seeing if the two older men had to have a refill. It appeared that one was passed out, 'Thank god I got a tip, now I just will call a cab.' He was a regular and she has had to call a cab for him on several occasions. Luckily his friend was still awake.

"I don't know, you look like you might get cute when you're upset."

Xelan took the drink and swallowed it in one gulp. It was certainly strong, and he almost had to sit down to keep from falling over. He did his best to underplay the effect as he let the drink's kick fade away. Once he was confident his voice wouldn't break if he tried to speak, he put the glass down.

"How about a refill," he said, a little more hoarsely than he had been expecting.

Mika giggled a little. Apparently Xelan wasn't worried about her, well he might find out if he really did piss her off. She knew Jay could handle herself, but it was a nice gesture to her.

She took his glass and refilled it with a slightly stronger version, "Let's see if this one is strong enough." And right before she set it down for him she lite the drink on fire with a lighter. Hoping to make his first time here a little fun, and also getting a slightly higher drink. She turned around, careful of her tail and the fire. She made that mistake once when she first started working here. She went down to the two older gentleman and asked the one who was still awake, "Do you want me to call you two a cab?" She hated when she had to do this, especially for these two, but it seemed as though there drinking has been getting worse and worse. Of course Mika knew that it meant more money for the bar but she had a feeling that the one passed out was trying to drink away some sort of pain.

The older man nodded her head and she grabbed a hold of the company phone under the bar, called the only cab company in Hallows' Dale and told the receptionist on the other end where to pick them up and the addresses. Mika knew they would be back tomorrow thanking them, but all the gentleman did was nod his head and placed down a twenty on the bar. She gladly accepted his tip. These two were more of the quiet drunks. The only time they really make any noise was when they wanted another drink.

Xelan took the drink and extinguished the flame. He started on it, a bit more slowly this time- he was already starting to feel the last one. He hadn't come in here intending to get drunk, but now he felt somehow obligated to put a few away. This wasn't even the right bar for it, he thought. His only company was the bartender, her boss, and a few quiet old drunks. And they were leaving. At a loss for anything to do other that stand there waiting to finish his drink, he turned back toward the bartender.

"So how do you feel about bathrooms?"

At least if he got shot down, he'd have an excuse to leave.

"It all depends the price." Mika flirted with Xelan, "And that has to be on top of the tip."
Mika was sure that Jay knew about her other job. She never really advertised it out for everyone to know, but she didn't hide it either.
She flicked her tail gracefully side to side in between the two of them, making sure that Xelan wouldn't be able to force anything.
And if he tried, she had a couple knives on her.

Mika fluttered her purple eyes and noticed how he was sipping on the second, "So, are you having any side effects?" She asked curiously.
Most of her customers were not human, so she was interested in how drunk he was going to get.

As she looked up, she noticed a cab driver walk in. "One second honey." She told Xelan before he could answer and walked around the bar.
She walked over to the purple demon cab driver to let him know who needed directions.
She then took out her order pad and quickly jotted down the addresses of the two customers and handed it to the driver.
She knew it would most likely be difficult to understand the one mostly conscience gentleman and the other was useless.
She offered to help him take them to the car but he refused her help.
She turned back to the bar, gave a shrug to Jay before going down to the two gentleman.
"You're ride is here." she informed and guy nodded his head with a smile and helped the cab driver take his friend out of the bar.

When the two left, Mika started to wipe down the the bar and grabbed the glasses and put them in the mini dishwasher to get cleaned.
She headed back towards Jay and Xelan.
She stopped first at Jay and quietly asked, "So, do you know if MAGIK wants to help me out this month? Or do I have to sleep with that sleezeball down there?"
She was almost certain that Xelan couldn't here her. And if he did, she wouldn't mind if he got pissed... it would be one ride she wouldn't mind to miss.

Mika did have standards, even if her other job tried to prove that as a myth.
But she never even wanted to think about doing anything in a bathroom, that was one line she drew.
And if she had to make it an outlandish fee, she would... but she didn't want to loose him at the bar.

"Side effects?" said Xelan, finishing off his drink "I can handle whatever you can pour."

He let the other comments slide. He was already in farther than he wanted to be, and wasn't about to start negotiating a price. Xelan had hoped to check out a few more bars tonight, but he was starting to realize that if he drank anymore he'd be useless at doing any real scoping. He certainly didn't know the streets well enough yet to be trying to find a motel at night while hammered.

Mika shot Xelan a glance before walking over to him, "So you think you can." referring to his comment about how he could hold his liquor, "Fine then, I'll make you the Witch's Blue Moon Bear." Mika turned around and bent over, getting all the necessary ingredients out and place those that were not needed back up. She wanted to know Jay's answer before she had to turn around. However, she couldn't wait all day. As she was making the drink, Mika had her back to Xelan while facing Jay, "So anything new?" She asked hoping that this would help her out. All the while, she had her tail flowing side to side in order to entertain the guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom