Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last breath of innocence.(lemon-DK)

"What's the matter, Noel?"

Was it that obvious? The brunette slowly tipped her eyes over towards one of the many maids that kept her father's villa spotless, the older woman smiling, and increasing the amount of wrinkles upon her face. Noel gave a small sigh, "Nothing that can't be fixed with a little R&R, Francine." The maid nodded in her agreement, and already, began leading the prized daughter of her boss, through the lavish entryway, towards the backyard. "Is Mr. Adami giving you problems again," Francine quipped, that all-knowing tone heavy in her question. How did she know? Well, after being in the family for more than thirty years, it was a bit difficult not to hear some things.

Noel Ciaccio couldn't help but fidget, and biting into her bottom lip, pushed up the long, flowing strands of her hair. "Well," she began, beginning the task of tying her hair up into a messy bun. "He claims that I'm not serious about what we have...and, because I don't want to commit myself by accepting his proposal, I obviously don't love him." It was ignorant, in her opinion. She was only twenty-one, and the last thing she wanted to do, was rush into something as important as marriage. Her father enjoyed Stephen's company, and so did everyone else. However, there were times where she questioned just why she fell for that man.

He could be rough...and very, very impatient.

"I say do what your heart tells you to do," Francine finally implored, grabbing a towel from the nearby cabana, and handing it towards the young lady who was already stripping herself free of the sheer robe she had been wearing. Donned in a small, tied-off white bikini, Noel smiled towards the maid with utmost admiration. "That's what I plan on doing...if he doesn't like it, then he can move on," she stated.

She wasn't tethered down, despite popular belief. While Noel hadn't slept with another man, she certainly didn't shut off her options. Stephen was a royal pain in her ass, which was saying a lot, considering what she would have to deal with on a daily basis. While she was blessed with fortune, protection and a loving family, there was plenty of trouble brewing beneath the perfect picture. Her father was a man well-known for his dealings of illegal substances. While he kept his name cleared from the authorities, he had plenty of henchmen to do the dirty work for him. This was his empire, and it was growing every single day. Death threats, attempted assassinations, and everything in between. Noel had to wake up every morning, wondering if someone was dead or not. It was nerve-wracking, to the point, she just didn't care about her crumbling relationship.

Stephen didn't relieve her of stress, he only added it. Thus, why she opted to turn her cellphone off for the day, and spend it poolside. A stretch of her long, tanned limbs and she sauntered towards the cooled water, eager to submerge herself. The lingering gardeners were watching her out of their peripheral vision, finding the sight of the Don's daughter to be exquisite. She truly was a piece of work.

"Why do you even bother helping out at the clinic? It's just full of--"

"Full of what, Stephen? People who are sick...need help being cared for? Really, I enjoy volunteering there, it gives me something to do, and it makes me feel good at the end of the day. Making a small change in someone's life for the better is actually nice every once in a while," Noel quickly retorted, as she peered through her mirror, over towards her boyfriend. He was still sprawled out upon her bed, naked and watching her get ready. She hadn't wanted to accept his invitation of coming over, to give her some company. But, who was she to kid? Noel loved the affection that he smothered her with. It was nice, to fall asleep next to a warm body, and wake up in a man's strong arms. Of course, these arms belonged to someone who both infuriated her, as much as he made her smile. Stephen Adami was the bane of her existence, believe it or not.

He was addicting...and she really didn't fucking know why.

"Calm down, baby...I was just saying. Wouldn't you rather spend the day with me?"

She pursed her lips at that question, brows knitting, before she pushed away from her dresser and walked over to the small table nearby. "It's almost two o' clock in the afternoon, don't you think it'd be smart for me to actually do something productive today," she asked him, tugging on the oversized sweater she had picked out. It fell about her in a warm blanket of cotton, the light blue hue contrasting beautifully against her tanned flesh. One sleeve falling off of her shoulder, the thin black jeans that had been haphazardly tossed onto the floor, were then slipped up her slender legs. "I'm sorry, but those old ladies, have won me over."

There was a bit of rustling behind her, and soon enough, she felt those all too familiar hands sliding across her stomach, having slithered beneath the material of her top. "Are you positive? I'm sure I can persuade you..."

Oh, she knew he could, and such was why she immediately pulled herself away, laughing towards the man who followed her like a lost puppy. "I'll be back in a few hours, you can stay right there on my bed, and wait for me," she teased, snatching up her sandals. "Just make sure you put some clothes on, I really don't want Francine to stumble upon your bare ass," Noel mused, challenging Stephen's mischievous smirk.

"Fine...but when you get home, I'm making you pay," he threatened, such answered by a taunting wiggle of a plump rear.

She was out into the hallway within a second, slipping her feet into her shoes, before rushing down the spiral staircase. Noel was confused, beyond anything she had ever experienced before. There were times where she felt Stephen was perfect for her, those moments having filled the majority of last night, and this morning. Yet, despite how wonderful it all felt, she was preparing herself for disappointment. Stephen always managed to let her down, or just plain out piss her off. Most likely, when she returned home, he'd do something to rub her the wrong way. So, maybe she just wasn't leaving to volunteer at the clinic, out of the goodness of her heart. A part of her, which was pretty big, wanted to put some distance between them. She couldn't let him warp her better judgement, not when it came to her heart. He'd just have to deal with being in her room alone.

Back
Top Bottom