Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favorite game/kind of game? ^^

Yes! It's a whole lot like Metabots RPG. I really enjoyed that one too, it had such a quirky sense of humor. Although, yeah, I do get what you mean by something is missing. Also, the battle animations are a joke. The Zoids don't even move, plus the attack animations are so damn long.

I have a 360 as well, but I just don't have Gold at the moment. On page two, in a spoiler on the last post, I listed all of the games that I own. Take a look if you're interested.

Thats alotta games >_> I think i have ya beat but i dont have the will to type them all out, my collection starts back with Nintendo ^^ The original with Zelda, Zelda 2, the best Castlevania ever, CV2 Simons quest ^.^

By the by, as an Rpg persona >_> Reconize my quote?

Zoophilian said:
Thats alotta games >_> I think i have ya beat but i dont have the will to type them all out, my collection starts back with Nintendo ^^ The original with Zelda, Zelda 2, the best Castlevania ever, CV2 Simons quest ^.^

By the by, as an Rpg persona >_> Reconize my quote?

Yeah, if you can say that you have me beat, and then mention you have stuff from back in the Nintendo days, then you probably have me beat. I do have a shit-ton of Sega Genesis games, but they are all stored away, and I never felt like pulling them out.

I really like Persona 3 and 4, although I haven't played the others. I prefer 4 over 3.

How can I not recognize that quote?! It's from my favorite Final Fantasy, ignoring Tactics.

Hehe, Well with Persona 3 they changed the formula to be more.. bright, mainstream and Jpop-ish. The first Persona and SMT series were darker and delt alot with the demons of humanity vs the Demons & Gods that you could summon or fight. Was awesome. And Rats! I forgot to add in Tactics Ogre as in my top five!

Yeah my Quote is from one of the best FFs it was a throwback to classic FF gameplay, Stiener was cool but Freya was my favorite from that one.

My quote may be from FF9 but it also is a strong reference to Code Geass if anyone here has seen the second season, I cant really talk about it cause it would give huge spoilers to the story of the anime ^.^ But its really cool and powerful stuff.

Oh yeah, Tactics Ogre is awesome! I'm through most of the Knights of Lodis, and I've beaten Let Us Cling Together on PSP. I wish there were more games like em'. I also wish I would have played those two in order, but it is nice to sorta see Lans Tartare's past and all. Kind of gives me a different perspective of him while thinking about Let Us Cling Together.

What? I'm talking about the quote in your signature. "No matter what happens, even if you become the worlds enemy, I'll be your knight." That one is from Final Fantasy VIII. Squall says it to Rinoa.

As for Final Fantasy IX, I thought that one was okay. Only played through it once, and I hardly remember it. I do remember Freya being cool, though. She's from Bermucia(sp) right, the city where it always rains? It's one of the few settings from the game that have really stuck with me.

It was Stieners opening quote in IX if you let the game sit on the title screen it would sloely flip thrue backgrounds of each character and their quotes ^.^, And yep! One of the first citys that Alexandria strike out at with the Princess away. First time you get to see the awesomely powerful Beatrix in action as well, Notice every FF has that one character, that should be a good guy, is awesome cool and playable via a cheat device? 4 had Golbeze, 5 didnt really have one, 6 had General Leo, 7 had Sephiroth, 8 had Seifer, 9 Had Beatrix and X had Seymore, While cool >_> He wasnt epic.

I beat both versions of Tactics ogre let us cling together seen all three endings plus almost every single side ending based on who lives an dies, Iam a SRpg master ^.^ I never lost a person.

Oh, okay, I didn't know it was also used in Final Fantasy IX. It's also something Squall says.

I almost forgot about Beatrix! Even though I almost forgot, I'd have to place her as my favorite character from IX. I love it when a narrative has that nearly unstoppable, powerful character that's just there off to the side of the main events. As you mentioned Seifer, he was my favorite character from VIII.

That's pretty good; I've only played through it once. I also never lose anybody. It's something I've carried over from the Fire Emblem games.

So I got Lost Odyssey and for the most part it's been pretty good. The music is great, it seems quite long(I'm about 20ish hours in and only just started disc 2 out of 4...granted I did have to grind a bit), it's challenging enough to not be overly frustrating, it doesn't have some super complex battle system, and the "dreams"/"memories" you come across are written very well most of the time.

Not to say it is without problems. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of different themes so far; I might be a bit spoiled, as a lot of enemies in Mother 3 have their own particular pieces of music, but it just gets a bit boring hearing the same couple of pieces for enemies and bosses in this game. I do like the plot, but the cutscenes themselves come across as really cheesy and typical anime esque. Some of the voice acting isn't so great and the dialogue is awkward, too. Still not enough to ruin things for me, though.

Other than that, I managed to get through Saints Row 3 without cheats for my first time. Now I'm going back to Saints Row 2 to see if I can do that, too. I feel it's the better of the, but it's been hard getting used to features that I'd forgotten they've changed. I think it's going to be much harder without being able to simply level up and buy upgrades, and instead having to do each of the activities to unlock them, but then I find most of them more fun to do in SR2 anyway.

Similarly, all the changes between No More Heroes 1 & 2 make it a bit hard to go from one to the other. That said, it's harder for me to decide which is better. Still, have had lots of fun re-experiencing both of them since I've got my hands on them again.

I love strategy games. The genre beyond that doesn't really matter. It could be a board game, PC game, Flash game, or console game. If there is strategy involved, I'll probably love it.

The games I tend to play are side scroller, hack 'n slash, and fighting games. I do still enjoy FPS, RPG, and other games, but those others are my favorites. And my favorite games are Castlevania, Dynasty Warriors, and Kirby. :)

Dude, you have no idea of my Castlevania love.... dear god, ask anyone. hahaha! Love the original games, though I haven't played them in eons. And the music? Oh man, I have pretty much all of it... literally. I listen to it all on my iTunes, remixes included. Love that franchise, though I'm not up on the latest and greatest of the games. However, it'll always hold a special place with me. :)

I've played the majority of them. I had to go back when I got a little older to play some of the games I missed, like the Sega console games. The Lords Of Shadow games are a cool reboot, but the originals I'll always remember fondly. A funny thing though, the handheld games now sort of follow the Simon's Quest style gameplay. I didn't hate Simon's Quest when I played it, but it wasn't one of my favorites, too much repetitive things you had to do. Now the handheld games follow a Simon's Quest/Metroid/RPG style gameplay, minus the interrupting switch from day and night. It's repetitive, but you're rewarded more. You level up, collect items and power-ups, and they have kind of dumbed down the difficulty. They can be still difficult, but now there's always something you can go back and get to make it easier, whether it's just level up, get an item to take less damage, or a power-up to go around things.

As for the music, still love it. The original Bloody Tears is my ringtone. :D

Duuuuuuuude! Vampire Killer is my ringtone! HAHAHA!!! XD But still, very awesome choice. I so approve!!! :)
Yeah, the originals were awesome and probably are still my favorites. They were the ones I grew up with *coughs*shows age*coughs* lol. So they'll always be near and dear. I just wish my old NES still worked so I could play them the old fashioned way. And I've played one of the newer ones. I have LoI on my PS2 and that one is decent. *nods*

Lament of Innocence was fun, but the console games were always panned by the fans. I have fond memories of the old game. Sadly, the games did start to decline for a while. Super Castlevania, although a cool game, was dumbed down with the ability to swing your whip in any direction, it made the subweapons kind of useless. Dracula X was fun, but a bit of a let down when I found out that the original Japanese version was said to be much better. The N64 verions weren't that great at all for me. There was little soundtrack, the monsters were a little weird (Frankenstein monster as a gardener with a chainsaw in the 1700s), and bad camera control.

When Symphony of the Night came to Playstation, I believe that's what changed the series. You played as Alucard, and the games turned into the Metroid style I mentioned before. The handheld games now follow that style while the console versions experimented. The PS2 games were fun, but were generally hated by a lot of people. I never played Judgement, mainly because some of the designs were a little goofy. Simon Belmont suddenly became Light Yagami from Death Note. Lords of Shadow became a huge improvement to the series. It's pretty much a reboot of the series, with very interesting twist at the end. Plus Patrick Stewart had a voice role in it too. I don't think I should give the ending away, but then again, if you look at the trailer for the sequel, it spoils the ending of the first game. It's pretty interesting, you should check it out.

Favourite type of games are RPGs
The Elder scrolls games
Final Fantasy
Disgaea
White Knight Chronicles, Any RPG made by Level-5, Nippon Ichi, Square, or Bethesda really :D
I also love the table top D&D, and Warhammer 40,000 too

I play all kinds of games though from shooters to puzzle, recently taken a liking to Minecraft

PC Gamer.
- Mass Effect (1,2 and 3)
- Saints Row (2 and 3)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Portal (1 and 2)
- Fable (1, 2 and 3... I loath Fable Journey, don't get me started on that piece of crap)
- Guild Wars 2
- Borderlands (1 and 2)

I'm partial to The Sims, as well as Civilization and GTA. So you could say my tastes are all over the map. Already preordered the new SimCity.

Right now. It's Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Minecraft. Nothing else at the moment. I've completed the latest DLC on Borderlands 2, so now I'm just litting it collected dust until the level update.

I wouldn't call myself a professional, but (here comes the sad part) I was raised by video games. My dad was kind of a shit father, so my brother and I raised ourselves on them. Our Sega Genesis was our interim mother, while the N64 was our father. Until we upgraded to the gaming behemoths we are today, that is. Name a system, and chances are I have played it.

That being said, my top five right now would have to be...

1: Anything in the Shin Megami Tensei/ Persona franchise, with Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 2 in the lead spots.

2: Anything Fallout related.

3: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (with Ocarina of Time tying for 3rd)

4: The Elder Scrolls (tied between Morrowind and Oblivion)

5: Metal Gear Solid (tied between MGS3 and Peace Walker)

I like a few shooters, but I prefer customization and good writing over the ability to fire a gun.

Also, the Ninja Gaiden series is bullshit-level hard, but the satisfaction of beating even a single level is mind-numbing. Even though Ninja Gaiden 3 was patronizingly easy and sucked by comparison.

I joined the master PC-gaming race earlier last year after I got my machine built, and thanks to sales on Steam, I've managed to get my grubby mitts on Saints Row: The Third and Sleeping Dogs, both of which I have played to death. I played the shit out of Skyrim on the 360, but I find myself just goofing off with mods on the PC version.

I was also hopelessly addicted to Skylanders: Giants, probably because it appeals to my enjoyment of video games and collecting toys. I've got one variant of each character, so I'm pretty much all set on that until Swap Force comes out.

Disclaimer: "Master PC-gaming race" is meant simply as a joke. It is not meant to incite flame wars. If you incite a flame war, you are a flamey-pantsed warmonger. Hinkle finkle dinkle doo. Aaaaay-hem.

Mine is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pEU5E1yeEQ&list=FL7rlrqscV2yyqjA_L2Rf0tg&index=1

Of course I don't really know yet, but it looks like Suda51 is going back to a bit more of a serious style here.

Back
Top Bottom