Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favorite game/kind of game? ^^

Yoshie said:
How is D3 Rave?

Actually pretty fun. Finished a Monk and started a Witch Doctor.

Although...I find myself going through bidding wars on items in the AH more than I actually play my characters...

Idk what that says about me or the game but o.o;

Yoshie said:
How is D3 Rave?

If I may...

Initially it is VERY GOOD. You do start out very powerful compared to D2 and the classes, to me, seem each fun to play in its own way. It wasn't till half way through the third of four acts that I found which one I am best with and terrible with, and where the game actually start to get challenging outside of a couple of things in Act 2. However it does eventually become a grind fest unless you are willing to use the auction house, which even if you use in-game currency seem like bending the rules to me.

What I can't stand is the need to always be online, and server updates means no play time. There is spammers constantly advertising (I don't know if they found a fix for this yet) and those playing public games have found their game hacked. The real money auction house scare the living daylights out of me. And these complaints about the online aspects of the game (+ late game grinding) is the biggest problems of the game.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Player-Count-Dives-By-65-According-Gametrics-44420.html - Despite record breaking sales, far less are still playing it.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/356656/diablo-3-lacks-end-game-content-admits-blizzard/ - Confession by Blizzard on late game content.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/06/21/diablo-3-patch-locks-down-new-accounts-for-up-to-72-hours/ - Blizzard solution to the spam problem which is an annoyance to new buyers.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-RMAH-Fraud-Claims-Gets-FBI-Involved-44151.html - Due to complaints about the RMAH, the FBI gets involved.

Don't think I am saying don't get it, rather with all the hype during its release it was waaaaay overrated. If you like action RPGs I still suggest you get it, but you are more likely to hear complaining about Blizzard latest screw ups than actual gameplay content from users! I have pored in a number of hours but honestly I think I rather replay a level 1 character than try to push my way to level 60.

PatricioINTP said:
Yoshie said:
How is D3 Rave?

If I may...

Initially it is VERY GOOD. You do start out very powerful compared to D2 and the classes, to me, seem each fun to play in its own way. It wasn't till half way through the third of four acts that I found which one I am best with and terrible with, and where the game actually start to get challenging outside of a couple of things in Act 2. However it does eventually become a grind fest unless you are willing to use the auction house, which even if you use in-game currency seem like bending the rules to me.

What I can't stand is the need to always be online, and server updates means no play time. There is spammers constantly advertising (I don't know if they found a fix for this yet) and those playing public games have found their game hacked. The real money auction house scare the living daylights out of me. And these complaints about the online aspects of the game (+ late game grinding) is the biggest problems of the game.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Player-Count-Dives-By-65-According-Gametrics-44420.html - Despite record breaking sales, far less are still playing it.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/356656/diablo-3-lacks-end-game-content-admits-blizzard/ - Confession by Blizzard on late game content.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/06/21/diablo-3-patch-locks-down-new-accounts-for-up-to-72-hours/ - Blizzard solution to the spam problem which is an annoyance to new buyers.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-RMAH-Fraud-Claims-Gets-FBI-Involved-44151.html - Due to complaints about the RMAH, the FBI gets involved.

Don't think I am saying don't get it, rather with all the hype during its release it was waaaaay overrated. If you like action RPGs I still suggest you get it, but you are more likely to hear complaining about Blizzard latest screw ups than actual gameplay content from users! I have pored in a number of hours but honestly I think I rather replay a level 1 character than try to push my way to level 60.

I don't even touch the RMAH, a game is not that important to me to actually spend a considerable amount of money on a single item. A DLC maybe, but for one item? doubtful. I frown upon putting my credit information on the internet anyways.

I'm with you on the last part though, I have a monk who's sitting pretty at level 34. I can't find the interest to just do the thing all over again just because it's a little harder. So I started a Witch Doctor from level 1 and the game got really fun again.

Nah WoW is different. To actually play the game, you have to subscribe. It's like a Gym or club membership. But Im talking about like if you used real life money to buy one of those WoW cards with special items on them for WoW. That's useless to me since I already play the game and can just get something in game that's probably not as good but...you get the point.

I started gaming pretty young. I remember playing Super Mario World with my brother around the age of 3. Went on to play Donkey Kong Country, Beavis & Butthead, Uniracers, Street Fighter 2, Killer Instinct, and a whole buncha other SNES games. Moved onto the N64 with Donkey Kong 64, Kriby 64, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Cruisin' Exotica, lotsa others, and one of my friends got me into Zelda games with Ocarina of Time. Got a Gamecube, which is around the time my brother stopped playing so much and I started playing more so. Super Mario Sunshine was first, and then want onto SSBM, and was very excited to play Zelda: The Wind Waker. So the Gamecube was a ton of fun, being the first system I played more by myself.

The Wii was fun, too, and still is. People give it a lot of hate for being technically inferior to both the PS3 and 360, but that's something I've never really understood. Older systems are plenty inferior, and yet I still have just as much fun, if not more so, than I do with a ton of newer games nowadays. Even so, I've enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Brawl, Okami, the Godfather, Sonic and the Secret Rings, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Lost Winds 1 and 2, and plenty other games. Not to mention all the old downloadable titles I would have missed out on otherwise.

That said, I did eventually expand my horizons back when I had a job. I bought everything I could get my hands on and it wasn't enough, so I went and bought a 360. Got into Halo and met a great group of friends through it that I've been talking to for years. as well as having had fun with plenty of other games. Bioshock 1 and 2, Borderlands, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption, etc. Also had both Ps1 and PS2, though not for long, and a Dreamcast with a couple of games. Wanted to get a PS3, got one used, and it broke soon as I tried installing MGS4(was lame too, as I'd recently got into the previous 3 games). Do have the HD collection on the 360 now, though, so that's ok since I get to try Peace Walker.

Overall my favorites would be the Zelda series, Metroid series, and the stuff Suda51 comes up with(though particularly Killer7 and the No More Heroes games...here's hoping there'll be a third on the WiiU). I like to give any and all games a try, and have had fun with the Serious Sam games most recently. Minecraft has been fun, too, but only on the 360 because my PC can't run anything. If I could, I'd also go back and collect cool stuff like the Ataris or Intellivisions or the Vectrez, which intrigues me the most.

I love all types of games really.

RTS games: e.g. Starcraft and LoL
RPG games: e.g. Skyrim and Dark Souls
FPS games: e.g. Bioshock and Fallout 3
Simulation games: e.g. Sims 3
Indie games: e.g. The Binding of Isaac and Cthulhu Saves the World

And that's a small portion of the games I own. I also enjoy playing on my 3DS as well as my Super Nintendo.

Im surprised no one mentions this, but does anyone miss playin good old connect four or shoots and ladders? Even a good game of crazy eights?

Man I feel nostalgic, did you know they have UNO, the card game, on XBOX now?

Uno on Xbox? Don't remind me. One of my friends on Live always makes an effort to make the game last as long as possible.

Rave said:
Im surprised no one mentions this, but does anyone miss playin good old connect four or shoots and ladders? Even a good game of crazy eights?

I always enjoy a good board game now and again. My most favorite card game is Cribbage. I highly suggest it if you haven't played it yet.

DragonAge
Tekken Series.
Fallout 3
Saints Row Series.
Silent Hill 1-3. The room sucked and homecoming reminded me of my own dysfunctional family gatherings.
Nier.

I got more but I'm being lazy.

Mass Effect
Dragon Age
Silent Hill
Fatal Frame
.Hack & .Hack//G.U.
Viva Pinata (XD)
Monster Rancher
Pokemon
WoW

I tend to branch out fairly well, but these are currently my favorites.

My favorite kinds of games are old school RPG's.

Normally I would break my favorite games down into 4 categories; Overall, Storyline, Playability, and Replay Value, but I'll give you my overall list, as some games overlap into multiple categories.

Xenogears (PS1)
Saga Frontier 1 (PS1)
Edler Scrolls 3: Morrowind (Xbox)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
Suikoden 2 (PS1)
Suikoden 1 (PS1)
UFC Undisputed 2010 (PS3)
Star Ocean (PS1)

That sums it up well enough.

Hmmm, here's my list.

5. Grand Fantasia (Online MMORPG)
4. Jewels (A rip-off of Bejeweled on my phone)
3. Dragon's Dogma (PS3)
2. Harvest Moon series (Currently playing one on my 3DS)
1. White Knight Chronicles (PS3)

Xeuri said:
Rave said:

I always enjoy a good board game now and again. My most favorite card game is Cribbage. I highly suggest it if you haven't played it yet.

Ah, well, if we're talking about that, I adore Rummy and Chess. ;)

I love my shmups.

- Raiden Fighters/2/2 2000/Jet.
- Battle Garegga.
- Battle Bakraid.
- Aero Fighters/2/3.
- Strikers 1945/+/2.
- Thunder Force III.
- Lightening Force/Thunder Force IV.
- Etc!

I'm not gonna bother with old games, it would take too long.
Currently though:

Borderlands 2: 360. Zer0. SO GOOD.
Guild Wars 2: Crystal Desert server. WvWvW. PvP. ALSO SO GOOD.
League of Legends: It's LoL.
Starcraft 2: Can't wait for HotS.
Will be picking up RE6 for 360 soon.
Will also be getting Dishonored.
And also Bioshock Infinite.

Old fashioned games: Rummy and Life the board game

Video games: Currently addicted to Borderlands 2 on my xbox. Siren all the way. I made four of her.
Followed by that is the new up and coming Call of duty
My filler and never ending addiction is Mine Craft on Xbox. Don't judge me.
Dragon Age 2 & Skyrim

Well, catching them will be his real test.......

Anyone here play any of the Saints Row games? Kinda late, but I've only just been able to pick up 3. Didn't play much of the first one, but 2 was great, and while 3 has been fun, I feel very disappointed after going through all it had to offer. There's a whole lot less variety in pretty much every area, and I feel Steelport is extremely bland compared to Stillwater. Also felt the story wasn't structured very well, and that the story itself was a bit boring.

I prefer a wide variety of games, and have most of the current consoles. A lot of my favorite series are from the 5th generation, which introduced the Playstation, and the generations before. They include: Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Legend of Zelda, Dynasty Warriors, and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games.

One of my all-time favorite aspects of any video game would have to be character customization. I really enjoy making my very own character. I like to spend a great deal of time tinkering with all of the options to make an interesting (read: attractive) character to go out into this game world, and kick some ass. It is this aspect that really draws me towards games like the Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, and Fallout. It's also my favorite aspect of the Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdoms games. It's a little more cool in those games, because they are "based" on historical events.

Since the release of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, I've taken to playing shooters online. Before that game, I'd never played anything online. I was instantly hooked. I've branched out from the Call of Duty games to enjoy other first person shooters: Battlefield 3, Team Fortress 2, and Gotham City Imposters. However, my favorite online shooter is a third-person-shooter included in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Metal Gear Online, despite it's many flaws, is in my humble opinion, great. Not only is there a great deal of character customization, but the game-play itself is amazingly solid. The mechanics are nearly perfect, and really reward skill. It's a game about head-shots, if you so choose to use a gun, so you need a highly accurate, and very quick shot. However, you could very well sneak around and CQC you opponents. I cannot state how satisfying it is to sneak up behind someone, put them in a choke hold, and then take them to the ground, before stabbing them. I really cannot go over all of the things that make this game great without writing a full-blown review.

It's a real shame it's no longer playable. RIP Metal Gear Online.

One of the things I dislike most in gaming is when a franchise is completely derailed. When the developers take the series, and turn it into something else. I understand change needs to happen, and I'm okay with change, but I dislike it when that change is poorly implemented. I'm also growing more and more displeased with DLC, and the idea of milking the consumer for content. Some DLC is perfectly justifiable, but there's plenty that isn't, such as the on-disc DLC.

Anyway, included in the spoiler below is a list of all of the games that I currently own.

PS3
  • Alpha Protocal
  • Armored Core 4
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Atelier Rorona
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Bioshock
  • Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty: World at War
  • Civilization Revolution