Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The horse wisperer's student (wolvenrogue and lady bloody ava)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Sam was a horse wisperer and a good one he could turn the most ornery of horses into gentle giants and was much in demand. as most riders and owners were women, that was reflected in his clientel. He had long since learned to seperate work from his social life, but he was soon to meet a young woman and her horse that would change all that, and turn his life on its head. He always considered his clients as students, and their horses as friends.... it just kept things simple, but that was soon to go by the wayside. This young woman wanted both and what she wanted to be taught had litttle to do with horsemanship. At 29 years old, 5 ft 11, 175 lbs, Sam's well muscled body and sandy hair and blue eyes left much to interest her. He caught his first glimps of her as she approached from across the arenaas he leaned against the fence watching another client work her newly trained animal.

A lithe woman with green eyes and long auburn tendrils that handled the the reigns of a brown mare with a brown mane and tail walked into the arena. She walked with the mare at her side with her riding boots and denim jeans. A red and white plaid long sleeved shirt that she wore unbuttoned with a white tank top visible underneath. Her sleeves rolled up to her elbows, looking like the farmers hot daughter, minus the daisy dukes and the blonde head of hair. She was young. Fairly young, with a little too much time on her hands. Twenty one year old, just barely allowed to drink. Well... at least legally. Abby stroked Becca's fine mane, sensing the slight agitation from the liveliness of the atmosphere. Abigail was fairly good with horses, especially Becca, but Becca would let no one, not even Becca.... break her in. One attempt landed her in the hospital for three weeks. She was persistent though. Just as persistent as Becca herself. She had gotten a suggestion to turn to this 'horse whisperer'. It sounded like a load of crock, like one of those fortune tellers in the city. Out of nervousness she fiddled with her necklace. A tiny horseshoe nestled just above the valley of her generous bust. Soft pink lips relinquished a sigh as she tried to find the person she was looking for.

Sam cocked his stetso back on his head as Becca approached aprehensively, shaking her main. For the moment his attention was on the horse which he could see was nervous and uncomfortable. He pushed off the fence and walking few paces toward them he turned his body so as to no longer look Becca in the eyes. His bronzed chest showed from the open fron of his western shirt still tucked in his levies which covered the black boots he had on. They were not the boots of a city cowboy. these were working boots, and Sam was the real thing. He slowly circled around the arena, keeping his side to Becca and his eyes straight ahead. His blue eyes shone in the sun and the rolled up sleeves of his shirt hugged the large guns of his biceps as they exited the shirt. "let go of the bridle" he said. speaking to Abby in a confident commanding tone, with just a hint of a country drawl. See if she'll come to me." He stood there waiting as Becca, slowly at first, circled round and then approached his right side from behind. Sam half looked over his shoulder and waited. A moment later, she was there, nuzzling his ear. Sam reached up and gently carressed the side of her face, then turned and ran his hand over her withers and back. Becca remained totally calm. "Do you have a saddle blanket?" Sam asked, looking at Abby for the first time. The girl was gorgeous, but at the moment he had other concerns. There would be time enough for that later. She would come to him just as Becca had. Of that he was confident. She looked like a spirited fillie, but in time she would come.

Abby wandered and froze in her tracks when it appeared that a man, that hadn't escaped her eye, began wandering in their direction. Sun kissed skin and rugged attire of a a guy who definitely saw this arena fairly frequently. The auburn haired girl stood at Becca's side and gently caressed her in a comforting manner while green orbs watched as the male encroached closer and closer. He appeared, something out of a book. The rugged ranch. Abigail found him... interesting. That was neither here nor their. She had no time for idle chatter and advise, unless it was from the man her Uncle had mentioned. A question about his identity sat on the tip of her tongue when his voice caught her off guard... and then his words. No introduction and... was that an order? Her uncle had warned her that was a regular spitfire. No she only pondered why on earth her uncle her uncle had laughed so much when speaking of 'the horse whisperer'. However, she did as she was told. Seeing if Becca did leave her side and approach this stranger. In silence she kind of wanted Becca to just... nevermind. Abby stood and watched as Becca did approach the male. It was him. A smile tugged at the corner of her lip as she watched as Becca nuzzled the stranger. He was definitely good looking, but not really one for conversing. A gust of wind toyed with the loose tendrils that had escaped her ponytail. She turned and draped of the edge of the arena, she pulled off, what appeared to be, a red, black, white, and yellow Navajo blanket. The dirt beneath her boots stirred up as she walked back and handed the blanket to him. Her eyes looking from him and back to Becca. The auburn horse leaned it's head sideways as Abby pet her. "Becca." Ears cocked at the sound of her name.

Sam took the blanket from Abbey and held in his left hand. he place his right hand firmly on her hind quarters, watching for a startle. He got none, but her flesh rippled beneath his palm. Leaving his right hand in place he slipped the blanket up and over her back. Reaching over her back he unclipped and removed the reigns and bridle. He now had no way to control the powerfully muscled animal. Becca was free and she knew it. she could have shrugged off the blanket and run but mysteriously she stayed right there. Sam walked slowly over to the fenceand stood there his right side to Becca, looking over his shoulder. She calmly walked to his side and again nuzzled him. Sam climbed the board fence, and confidently climbed on her back atop the blanket. Sam nudged her gently and she began to walk, slowly circling the arean and then walking over to Abby. Sam leaned down and offered his well muscle arm to her. "climb aboard" he said softly.

Hisexpression showed no sign of aprehension. In fact, he seemed supremely confident. He smiled as he looked down at the girl, hoping she was as easily influenced as Becca had been.

Abby stood with and casual look about her face as he took the blanket into his hand and she took a step or two back, just in case. She had watched others attempt to 'tame' Becca, only to get bucked off and somethings nearly trampled. This guy was cocky. One of her first observations. Nor was he a social butterfly, not that she was complaining. She wasn't paying to make a new friend, but to gain assistance and knowledge as to how to get Becca to accept her when it came to riding her. Brows furrowed out of slight confusion, but again she only watched as the male walked away to the fence on the edge of the arena and Becca... followed him. Becca liked him. Abby was shocked. A protest sat on the very tip of her tongue as she watched him mount her. The green eyed girl's heart froze. How did he do that? For a moment, she was scared as he offered to assist her up onto Becca's back. With a little hesitance she accepted and her heart race a little. It wasn't the first time she rode a horse, but Becca had a mean streak before today. Before now. Seeing a smile on his face was... alien. "Hi, my name is Abby... nice to meet you 'man who fixed my horse'. Unless you're gonna take her out on date, would you like to fill me in how you got my Becca to let me up here? I've got three men and one of my shoulders that said she was certainly not one to let anyone up here " Her tone was not one of obvious happiness. Her hands remained on her own thighs. She'd rather not wrap her arms around the cocky stranger.

"Nice to meet you Abby. The name is Sam...Sam Stillwater. You just want her gentled? or do you want to know how its done? The second will take a commitment of time. You have to learn how to think like a horse. Then she'll be putty in your hands. This is a spirited animal. Most of 'em aren't. That's why you can't break her. If you did manage it, You'd ruin her. You ever see a broken women? One whose really badly hurt? That's what she'd be. No good to anyone, including herself. Your lucky to own her, and very lucky they didn't break her. The big difference is we communicate on her terms. You don't need a bit, a bridle, or spurs. You don't need to say a word. You can do it all with your thighs once your up there, and with your eyes and posture from the ground." She felt him shift on Beccas back and Becca moved calmly to the fence and he climbed down. "Move to the middle of her back and put your hands on top your thighs and leave them there. squeeze with your thighs to make her go and steerwith your knees. Try it!"

Abby held no hesitation with her answer. "I want to know how it's done. Other horses... I have little to no issues with, but Becca. She's my baby. She felt Becca suddenly move and head over tot he fence where Sam proceeded to climb down. She had already begun moving to the center of Becca's back as he spoke and focused her eyes as she put her hands upon her thigh and looked ahead and did as she was told. Becca began slowly at first and then Abby decided to try steering an hand her doing a slow and steady lap around the arena. Becca could not deny that she was absolutely elated to have made it this far with Becca without being hurt. She stopped Becca and gave a sigh of relief and dawned her first smile that entire day. "You're good with horses. I'll give you that. I guess my uncle wasn't just spewing non sense when he recommended you. " Her hands idly petted Becca as she continued to sit upon the lovely animal. She pulled Becca over to the nearest fence and took no offer to assist her with getting down when she was so easily capable of doing it on her own. Once her feet touched the ground she stook at Becca's side. "Are you hungry Becca? I know I am." She said with a lax smile towards the horse.

"That's only half of it you know" Sam interrupted "next you need to learn ground control can you be here at 9 tomorrow? Also if you like we can talk about the rest at lunch once Becca is bedded down. You made a good decision, she is worth the effort. If you interested in lunch I'll be here for another Half an hour, let me know." Without another word, Sam turned to his other client who was still busy practicing at the far end of the arena. He was friendly but business like. He had to admit to himself, that he hoped more would come of it, but he would never say so.

He watched out of the corner of his eye as Abby lead Becca out of the arena, and wondered whether she would return.

Abigail turned her green orbs to his as he began speaking once more. She had already figured that there was more to learn. Fingers brushed the long stray tendrils that got caught in the wind and tucked them behind her ear and only nodded her head when asked if she could be back at nine a.m.. As for the lunch thing, she wasn't entirely sure. She had half an hour to decide though. As he walked off she began guiding Abby out of the arena and over to the stables that were pointed out by a helping hand. A bucket of food was brought and a few apples. Becca loved her apples. She made out the bed for her and brushed her off before saying bye to Becca and walking off. She didn't really know the area and it wasn't time for her to check into her hotel room just yet. Over to the fence, she walked and took a set on it as she watched him with his other client. Might as well kill time learning more and get some grub. Kill two birds with one stone. She would wait until he was done before telling him that she would take him up on his offer. Hell, the fact that she was still hanging around might of said that already.

Sam said goodbye to his other client and turned to walk away. Seeing Abby perched on the fence, he tipped his hat back and smiled confidently, then offered his hand as she climbed down from the fence. "Are you ready for lunch?" he walked her out of the arena and out to his big truck. They climbed in and made the short run from the urban stable to "The Iron Shoe" a restaurant that obviously catered to equestrians. They got a table and he seated her. "So how long have you had that fine animal?" he asked. "You will need to think like a horse he said. When I put my right rear side to a horse, its says "I trust you" . You might have noticed that approaching a horse from behind on the right makes them nervous. When you show them your not afraid of that, it opens up an avenue of trust."

Hesitantly she took his hand a hopped off of the fence, "Yeah, I'm ready." She chimed as she followed him over to his truck. The truck was big so she had to climb into it. She could smell the delicious food from the moment she stepped through the door. She took the seat with a casual look, said her thanks and listened to what he had to say before their waiter arrived. "I've had her for a year now. Found her stuck in the mudd. Had to have been a few days because she was skinny and drained of energy." Again she listened to his teachings nodding her head in acknowledgement. "Okay, that's easy to understand. Trust is a big factor in all of this." She added just s the waiter arrived and asked for their drinks. "Just water, please." She asked as they were handed menus. She really had a hankering for some steak right about now. Her phone rang and she notied that it was her hotel. "Excuse me for a moment." She said to Sam. "Hello? Yes... thank you. Room 13b? Thank you." She smiled and sighed as she closed her phone. Her hotel room was ready.

Sam made a mental note of the room number as he perused his menu and ordered a beer. " If your really hungry, the porterhouse is fabulous here. If that's too much the prime rib and the large filet Mignon are excellent too. where are you from? and what brings you here? I haven't seen you around the barns before' I make a point of knowing most of the riders , especially those with spirited horses.

I cant imagine I'd have missed you and Becca. Your both lovely.

It was as though he had read her mind when he mentioned the porterhouse. "The Porterhouse it is. With a side of mashed potatoes too. Don't ask me where it all goes. I just have a hearty appetite like my Uncle and pretty fast metabolism." She set the menu aside since she already knew what she wanted and continued onto the idle conversation. "I'm from Freemont, Texas. Living with my Uncle on his ranch, for the time being. A smile did tug at her soft pink lips at the compliment. "Thank you. No, my Uncle came here once and recognized your handiwork. So he sent me here. It was well worth the money now that Becca is a bit more trusting."

"Well after lunch if you like, we can try her out on the trail and hone your skills with her a bit. would that interest you? The trail is unpredictable and a much better test of your control. It will help you become one with her. Like your one body. Its all about being in touch with her." The waiter came and they ordered their steaks chatting quietly as they polished of some very fine Beef and potatoes. Sam took the bill and bought their lunch. "So what do you say? are you up for the trail?

The food was phenomenal. A medium rare steak, just as she loved it. She was interested in the trail. She wouldn't be a lone and it would be a better test that in the leveled arena. She was actually waiting for her own bill when she had realized that Sam had paid for hers. "Do you realized you paid for mine as well?" She said with a little laugh as she stood up and left the restaurant. "I have no other plans for the remainder of the day, so I guess that it wouldn't hurt. My hotel's ready so I can head there afterwards." The heat had picked up when she got outside and she slipped her shirt off and tied it around her waist and fixed her white tanktop a bit, feeling much better. "Are you sure you have time for this?"

"I always ride in the afternoon. Its my time with Baker. I thought you might like the chance to join us. do you have a pair of shorts? you might want to wear them. it helps with keeping in touch with the horse and the heat as well. I know its unconventional riding wear. But this is special. Becca is not transportation." I'll drop you at the hotel, go home and change, and pick you up at 1:30" They got back in the truck and Sam took her to the hotel. I'll meet you here in 45 minutes. Either shorts or swimsuit bottoms will do... The more skin contact the better." He let Abby out and pulled away.

She could use a pair of shorts, if not for the heat then at least for Becca's sake. She told him of the hotel that she was staying in and he had dropped her off. She grabbed her key from the clerk and was glad to see that her luggage had already been brought up. She stripped herself bare before opening up her luggage and sifting through it to find her bikini and her daisy dukes. She would keep the plaid button up just in case the temperature decided to dip if they were out late. The bikini was slipped on, both top and bottom and then the daisy dukes. She debated as to wearing her boots or son plain sneakers. Her boots were just regular boots. No spurs and they were going on a trail so she stuck with them. She secured her ponytail one more time before heading downstairs to meet him.

Sam wen back to the ranch and dressed in his usual afternoon riding outfit, a pair of gym shorts, boot and stetson. He was never without the stetson, hopped in the truck and picked up Abby. He smiled as she climbed in the truck and they were off to the stables. "Bring Becca out bare back with only a halter. Once your ground trained you wont need that." he said as he went to get Baker. When Abby returned with Becca, Sam was sitting atop a towering white stallion. A full 3 hands higher than Becca. Baker was all rippling muscle under a gleaming white coat. "get on" he said "then remove the bridale and hang it on the fence."

Abby was ready and rearing to go and Becca seemed to have a pep in her step when she was brought out. She did as she was instructed and both Abby and Becca seemed to eye the stallion that Sam came out with. "Wow." She was sure Becca was thinking the same thing. "He is one beautiful stallion." She mounted Becca with minimal ease and removed bridale and hung it over the fence and caressed Becca's mane with a soothing words to relax her. "Ready when you are." She chimed with a lax smile. His horse matched him to a 'T'. It was almost scary and had her thinking about her and Becca. "It's suppose to be a gorgeous night... makes me wanna go camping."

"Remember hand on your thighs, back straight and relaxed. Feel her muscles, communicate with yours" Sam was the picture of control. Baker new Sam's every cue and the two were as if one body. they headed down the hilly trail along a creek that was strewn with branches and obstacles. Short and long climbs and all sort of challenges after a bit Sam had Abby lead so he could watch her form. She seemed to be getting it well. "Can you feel her now?" he asked. "There is nothing like riding this way" he said. at one point there was a series of large logs that had to be jumped, Becca just stopped and Abby almost fell off. "she can do it.." he said "when her back stiffens, she is about to stop... squeeze her hard. she'll do it!"

It was a little hard to keep her hands on her thighs as Becca went on her silent command to go on. There were dips here and there and a branches here and there. At one point she was given the lead, just as she had gotten comfortable. "Yeah.... I can." Abby saw the log ahead a silently took in a deep breath when Becca came to a sudden halt. She wrapped her arms around the mare's neck to the best of her ability to prevent herself from falling off before fixing herself back up again. She squeezed her thighs and Becca got over the log. Abigail had to admit that her heart was still racing, but she continued on. On they treked, further and further down the trail. She focused hard on silently gaining Becca's trust.

After a good two hours on the trail, they came to a small creek. it was time to water the horses and cooldown themselves. As they go off, Sam said " there just one problem with is kind of riding you get kinda slimy." He took of his hat and jumped in the creek to rinse the sweat from his legs and cool down .. he rinsed Bakers whithers and back. "thats better.. we both feel better now. You should do the same, the water is great. He streached out under a tree relax.

He was right. The heat had certainly had its effects after a while. She slipped off of Becca's back and slipped of of her shorts and set them aside, dawning only her bikini. And walked into the water and Becca followed suit and began drinking. She went ankle deep and leaned over and cupped some of the cool water and applied to her skin to wash her skin off a bit. Becca certainly seemed to be enjoying herself. Abigail relinquished a yawn and wandered into the shade of the nearest tree and relaxed as she sat down and rested on the palms of her hands. "How did you learn to connect so well with horses? I mean... Becca was not a wild horse and simply lacked a trust with anyone being on her back... until you." She sighed as she relaxed.

"I've been around them since was three. I just watched what they do" I started to see patterns... and one day when I was twelve, I tried copying them. I couldn't believ how they responded.. I was speaking their language. It was a shot in he dark really. Then one day I found Mustang that had an injured leg. I knew it would die if I left it. but I was out on an ATV. I had no saddle no bridle , nothing. I had to ride her home, but first I had to get on and make her go my way. Getting on was easy just let her know i could be trusted but steering was a whole nother thing. I tried holding her main but that got me bucked off twice, so I just did what I could after riding some 20 miles in open country, I knew what to do. Been doing it ever since." he smiled and looked over at her..." Looks like your getting the idea. After 20 miles or so it will be second nature to you."

Back
Top Bottom