Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World building help- sci-fi in space [Group Help]

leestud

Star
Hi I have an idea about a roleplay set in a space sci-fi setting. I have a basic idea of the world, but would like some help to fill it out. Well it's more like universe building help than world building, as quite a bit of this roleplay will take part in space on a ship and not on planets. This will be a group roleplay as it,will involve many characters. Here is what I have:

In the past, in a far off galaxy to the main setting, there was a technologically advanced, but peaceful race. They still have a military fleet, but it is small and used for defense. They live on their home planet only and have a low birth rate and death rate. They have just discovered a new type of energy source which requires a living being to generate. This energy source could be used to create a ship so powerful that it would be unstopable, but there is a problem. In their experiments they could only generate small amounts of this energy source, barely enough to power a light. It was because each living thing had a compatability to this energy, but no-one could figure iut what property affected this compatability. Also since they had no need for a super ship, they benched the research.
Meanwhile a few star systems over, there was another race. A militaristic aggressive race with an ambition to rule the whole universe. Their technology was inferior to the peaceful race, but population and military many times larger. While the peaceful race relied on the skill of the crew, the military one relied on their A.I. drone ships which were easily replaced to wear down the enemy, then send their manned ships to finish them off. They had conqured and absorbed into their empire/wiped out all the nearby races in their system and decided to go further to gain more territory. They discovered the peaceful race and decided to take them over in order to take their technology.
There is more to come later. Feel free to advise me on what I have put so far.

So this military race started a war against the peaceful race. Although the peaceful race had better technology, they lacked the numbers needed to defeat the military race. Also their losses of people were similar, but the military race could replace them quicker than the peaceful race. The peaceful race quickly realised they needed to do something in order to win the war, so they decided to build a supership that would garantee them victory. At the meeting, of scientists and ship builders, there were two factions that emerged. One decided to build a ship that practically flew itself and needed very little input from crew members and would use their best prototype armour, weapons and technology. The other faction decided to harness the power and skill of people. They decided to use the new energy source to power the main systems and put only more basic systems as a backup, still far more advanced than the military race. Also the captain would have to link to the A.I. that would have to have a person merged with it. So they decided to build both at once, each on different research/development centres and use them when they were ready.
There is more to come later. Feel free to advise me on what I have put so far.

The building of the two superships were going steadily, but both ran into problems. The more technological one codenamed SSA, they had difficulty integrating all of the different technologies together as well as the programing of the A.I. and the other supership codenamed SSB had couldn't find a suitable captain or a volenteer to merge with the A.I. Infact a lot of people were protesting using somebody to merge with the A.I. The head designer of the SSB was also the A.I. designer and had become hated by the protesters.

One evening when he was having dinner with his eighteen year old daughter, his only living family, she suddenly spoke to her dad telling hin that she had found a volenteer. He was excited until she told him she was going to volenteer herself. He tried to talk her out of it, but she wanted to help her planet, but more than that her father. She told him that she was the only one that could volenteer which the protesters would accept, so he accepted. Then he made the anouncement, millions were protesting with many messages, but the most common was "You wouldn't do this to your own daughter so don't do it to anyone else's child". But when he announced it was his own daughter they fell silent and left. Then she did merge with the A.I.
More will be posted later, but feel free to comment on what I have posted so far.

Now some time had passed, but the military race had almost completely defeated the peaceful race. They had also managed to get intel about the superships and were quickly closing in on both locations. SSB was now fully complete except it was missing its captain and thus useless to them in this war. The only person who had a fractional success was the head A.I. designer whose daughter was merged with the A.I. Although he couldn't generate enough power to power any function, he could at least get it to fly which no-body else could. Now SSA was almost fully complete. All that needed to be done was assemble the parts of the A.I. and then program it.

But then in both facilites the alarm bells rung and the fleets charged with its defence were released. But before them was a huge fleet and defeat was certain. The fleet.defending SSA just surrendered hoping that they would not be killed, but they were. They quickly took over the facility and took charge of the completion of the SSA, the staff not having enough time to activate the self destruct protocall.

Now at the facility of SSB, one dedicated to high risk projects, the fleet defending them stood firm to buy the time the scientists needed to do whatever they needed to do. The scientists knew they could not defeat the fleet so they activated the self destruct sequence and escaped. All except for the father. He activated the prototype worm hole generator. It did have problems though, its range for the entrance was limited to the range of the spherical facility, the exit location in time and space was completely random and finally no living thing could surive the journey. The father got on the SSB and activated it as captain. His daugher appeared in hologram form. Then damage to the facility deactivated the self.destruct sequence. He quickly argued with his daughter before overiding her and turning off her consciousness. The wormhole had finally generated so he flew the ship into it and fired a simple laser into the machine just before the ship entered it. The ship traveled through the wormhole moments before the machine was overloaded by the laser causing a chain reaction destroying the entire facility without a trace and closing the wormhole. The defending fleet were defeated just as the facility was destroyed without a trace and the SSB assumed destroyed as well.

This is all I have so far and this history will be completed in my last post. Please feel free to.comment on what I have so far.

Back
Top Bottom