Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

There For You (Snape & Jena)

Peyton made a face when Kevin mentioned he liked DC better than Marvel. "No way, He-Man," she said, using her new nickname for him. "Iron Man could take Batman any day." She took off her sandals and curled up on the couch while he put the movie into the DVD player. The female had noticed that, like the rest of the house, the TV was big and probably expensive. She was reminded of what Erin had said earlier that evening about the male. How could anybody be so shallow as to be with someone for money?

The woman's thoughts were interrupted when he asked if she would prefer the lights on or off. "Off. I always like watching a movie in the dark." She smiled when the man called her pretty, and blushed. Was he flirting with her? That, Peyton didn't know, but wasn't going to think about it too much. If Kevin stayed with Erin even with all the shit she put him through, he must really be in love with her. Poor guy, she thought.

Kevin looked at Peyton and raised his eyebrow, "No no no Batman would kick Iron Man's ass any day" ,he teased. After he was done putting the movie into the DVD player he turned off the lights seeing that Peyton had told him she preferred it that way. He made his way over to the couch and sat down next to the woman. Just as he was about to press play his phone went off, he pulled it out of his pocket then looked at the screen and sighed. Kevin placed his phone back into his pocket and pushed play. Erin had texted him saying she wasn't coming home that night. He turned and smiled at Peyton well let's enjoy the movie shall we.

Peyton laughed when Kevin mentioned that Batman could kick Iron Man's ass any day, and kept her thoughts to herself. "Well, I guess we can agree to disagree, no?" she said with a grin. Just as he sat down next to the female, his phone began to ring. The sigh that escaped the male's lips bothered her a bit. "Everything okay?" the woman asked. She wouldn't push him to answer her, but she wanted him to know that she was there if he needed someone to talk to. It seemed as though the man needed it, and Peyton wouldn't mind having a friend in the neighborhood that she could go to if she needed anything.

Kevin was going to lie and tell her everything was fine but he was hurt and he did need someone to talk too. "S-She's not coming home tonight" ,he said. His voice was a little shaky and it sounded as if he wanted to just break down but he refrained from it. "She just texted me and told me her friend Mike wants to go to a club out of state and they're going to pick up a few friends and rent a hotel room". Kevin placed his hand on his forehead and sighed, "Sorry I'm ranting you probably don't want to hear about my problems" ,he stated forcing out a smile.

Peyton didn't know what to say. She had just met this man, but she didn't like seeing anyone hurting like this. The female took the remote from Kevin and paused the movie. "I know I just met you, and I know I shouldn't say this, but why the hell are you still with her? I'm getting the feeling that she treats you like shit, especially the way she acted when I was here. God only knows how she treats you when no one's around." Exasperated, she grabbed her shoes and put them on, then stood up from the couch.

"I'm sorry, Kevin. I know I shouldn't have said those things.." The woman sighed and shook her head. "You don't even have to kick me out for talking badly about your girlfriend and your relationship with her. I'll let myself out. I just...I don't like seeing people hurting." With that, she began walking to the front door.

Kevin listened as Peyton talked and the woman was right, when she put her shoes on and headed for the door he stood up, "Wait, don't leave you're right she does treat me like shit I only stay with her because she's the only woman who wants me" ,he said. Erin had constantly planted it into Kevin's head that he couldn't get better then her and that he was lucky she was with him so eventually he started to believe it. He looked at Peyton, "If you want I'd like you to stay I can use the company but if you want to leave I understand".

Peyton stopped walking when Kevin stood up and told her to wait. She turned to face him and listened to what he had to say, a confused expression playing over her face. The female laughed aloud; she couldn't help it. No one else wanted the male? That was ridiculous. The woman shook her head and looked over to him. "You have got to be kidding me right now, He-Man. She's the only one who wants you? That's crazy. You're fucking hot and seem to be a very sweet, caring person. You deserve better than her and both of us know it." She saw the man's look and thought it to be one of despair and hopelessness. Sighing, Peyton nodded. "I'll stay..but you really need to think what I said. There are other fish out in the sea."

Kevin's look changed from sadness to surprise when the woman said all those nice things about him, "Do you really mean that"? He asked. "I've always been afraid to leave her because I thought if I did I would be alone and I hate being alone" ,Kevin admitted slightly embarrassed. He walked over to Peyton and hugged her, he hoped he didn't weird her out at all when he did so. The man couldn't help himself he hadn't heard anyone compliment him in a long time so he appreciated her kindness, "Thank you so much".

Peyton smiled, figuring this was the first time in a while someone said something nice to Kevin. "Of course I mean it. You really do deserve better." Her eyes widened when he walked over and hugged her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, there, He-Man." The female laughed and wrapped her arms around the male. She wasn't sure what to do in this situation. Patting his back, the woman said, "You're welcome. Now, come on. Let's watch this movie." She pulled away from the man and stifled a yawn.

He smiled and followed her back to the couch and sat down, Kevin looked over at the woman as they sat there then pressed play. His phone went off again and he pulled it out of his pocket, it was Erin again telling him she was going to be gone for more then one night. A smirk came across his face as he texted her back. "I'm gonna shut my phone off because if I don't Erin's gonna blow it up you see blowing things is what she's good at except she won't do it for me" , he began while the credits were on. "She just told me she wasn't coming back for a few days and I told her to have fun fucking Mike, man I've wanted to say that for so long". He leaned back with a sense of pride on his face, he had finally stuck up for himself and even if it was going to cause hell he didn't care he was half tempted to dump her over text and not even give her the satisfaction or respect of telling her to her face.

Peyton gasped when Kevin said Erin was good at blowing things but wouldn't do it for him. She couldn't believe he would say something like that to a girl he just met. The female raised her eyebrow when the male mentioned what he told her in response to his text message. She said nothing, but she was wondering if she was wrong for telling him all of the things she had. The woman definitely didn't want to get in the middle of someone else's relationship, let along a person's relationship whom she just met earlier in the day. She decided against telling the man he probably shouldn't have told her that from the look on his face. It seemed as if he had never stuck up for himself the entire time him and Erin had been together, and he seemed to be taking such pride in the fact that he finally did. Shrugging, she turned her attention back to the movie, feeling rather sleepy from the day's events. By the end of it, she had curled up next to Kevin, falling asleep with her head on his shoulder.

Kevin too returned his attention to the movie after turning off his phone, it was nice to watch it in silence without any issues. When Peyton fell asleep on his shoulder he looked over and smiled a bit. After the movie ended he took on of the pillows on the couch and placed it next to Peyton careful not to wake her up, he then laid her down gently and got up to get her a blanket. Kevin went through his closet and found a nice warm one then made his way back over to the couch and covered the young woman before making his way to his own room.

He grabbed a towel, a pair of boxers and some basketball shorts and made his way into the bathroom to take a hot shower before calling it a night. When he was finished with his shower he walked out of the bathroom and past the young woman laying on the couch, she looked so peaceful and beautiful he was glad he didn't disturb her sleep. Kevin walked into his room and laid down on his bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Peyton woke up the next morning and took in her surroundings. She most definitely wasn't home, and it took her a minute to figure out where she was exactly. The female remembered after a minute that she was at her neighbor's house and had most likely fallen asleep while watching a movie with him. Rubbing her hands over her face, she sat up and stretched. The woman couldn't believe she had just slept at a person's house whom she didn't really know.

She pushed the blanket off of her body and stood up, looking around. Peyton didn't see anyone, so she tiptoed around the house until she found the bathroom. She groaned when she looked in the mirror; she looked a mess. Sighing, she decided to just sneak out of the house in hopes she wouldn't wake Kevin up. After using the bathroom and washing her hands, she tiptoed back out and made her way to the front door.

When Kevin woke up he rolled out of bed and put a pair of jeans on then his work boots and made his way into the living room. He noticed Peyton had left and a sigh left his lips, he hoped she wasn't freaked out when she woke up in his house. After a quick breakfast he went into the basement and grabbed a couple buckets of paint and his belt sander before going outside. When he got outside he cleared off the back porch before sanding it all down. Kevin usually did a lot of work around the house when he was by himself, it kept his mind off of the crap he dealt with. He wondered if Peyton would come by at all he also wondered when Erin was coming to get her stuff for her 'Trip'.

Peyton had made her way home without waking Kevin up, much to her relief. She really didn't want him to see her all disheveled. Once she was in her own house, she grabbed a pair or nude colored bra and panties, khaki shorts, and a pink tank top. The female went into the bathroom, took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, then got ready. She put her wet hair into a pony tail and walked out to the kitchen to start unpacking.

While doing so, she heard Kevin doing something outside. A smile played across her lips as she thought about him working, showing off his muscles. He was pretty much single anyway after last night, from what she gathered. The woman dug out a pitcher, glasses, and stuff to make lemonade, and made a fresh batch. After putting ice cubes in the pitcher, she made her way over to her neighbor's house and to the back porch. Smiling, she said loud enough to be heard over the sander, "hey He-Man. You thirsty?"

Kevin looked up when he heard Peyton's voice, he turned the sander off and took his working goggles off and placed them on the porch. "Yeah actually I am" ,he said with a kind smile. He stood up and dusted the sand off of his body before walking over to Peyton, "Come inside I'll make something to eat to go with that drink" ,he suggested. "You left before I could make breakfast".

He walked up to his back door then turned to motion Peyton to come inside once more before making his way fully into the house. When he got inside he looked through his fridge to see what there was he could make, "Hey feel free to make any suggestions of what you want I mean I can just order take out I'm hungry that porch needs a lot of work" ,he stated loud enough in case Peyton was still outside.

Peyton liked how Kevin didn't seem to mind the nickname she had given him, and couldn't help but watch the way his muscles rippled as he stood up and dusted his pants off. She blushed a bit at his comment about her leaving. "I'm sorry about that. I didn't want you to have to see me that early in the morning. I can assure you it's not a pretty sight." The female smiled and followed him into the house when he motioned for her to follow.

She laughed when he was speaking loudly when she was right behind him. "I don't know what we could do. Whatcha got?" She peeked over his shoulder to see what was in there so she could try to figure it out. "We could always do grilled chicken caesar salad wraps or something. I can put those together if you grill the chicken." She shrugged. "Other than that, I don't know. When is Erin supposed to come back? I honestly don't want to be here for that lovely reunion," she said with sarcasm.

"Nonsense I'm sure you look good no matter what" ,he stated in response to what Peyton said. When she mentioned grilled chicken wraps he thought for a moment, "Sure sounds good I'll bring the grill back up onto the porch and get started on it". When Kevin turned around he found himself face to face with the beautiful young woman, he looked into her eyes for a moment before taking a deep breath and walking off. Kevin made his way outside and picked up the grill and brought it back onto the porch and lit it.

When he went back in to get the chicken from the fridge he looked over at Peyton, "It's good to know you weren't creeped out about waking up in a stranger's house" ,he said jokingly. "I honestly thought you had run away cuz' I made you uncomfortable or something". He ran a hand through his hair before opening the fridge and grabbing the chicken and setting it on the counter. "As for Erin she probably won't be back until late tonight to pack her stuff, I think I'm just gonna tell her to take it all and leave for good I'm sure Mike will be thrilled but you're right you probably won't want to be here for it hell I don't even want to be here for it".

Peyton laughed and shook her head. "No. Trust me, it's like I'm the walking dead when I wake up in the mornings." Her breath was caught in her throat as Kevin turned around and came face-to-face with her. He was a gorgeous specimen of the male species, and being this close to him gave her butterflies. The female blushed and moved to the side to let him by. "Sorry. I usually end up in everyone's way while I'm in the kitchen," she said with a giggle.

When the male came back after lighting the grill the woman smiled at him. Shaking her head to his comment, she replied by saying, "no I wasn't creeped out, though it did take me a minute to remember where I was." Peyton shrugged. "You? Make me uncomfortable? Nah." She walked over to him, grabbed his hand, and squeezed it. "Although I won't be here when everything happens, feel free to come over after so you're not alone. Just remember that you deserve better than her and you don't have to take her shit. There are other women out there who I'm sure would kill to go on a date with you."

"Oh no hun you're not in my way don't worry" ,he said in response to her statement about being in his way. "I'm usually all over the place in here and I tend to bump into everything". Kevin laughed a little when Peyton said she had to remember where she was, "Yeah I probably would have to take a double take if I had woken up in a place I wasn't familiar with". He was happy he hadn't made her uncomfortable and when she grabbed his hand his eyes were immediately drawn to hers.

He thought about what may happen when Erin got back and he threw her out, "I thank you for that ya know being a friend it kinda gives me more confidence to do what I should've done a long time ago and that's break up with her" ,he admitted. Kevin knew for years Erin treated him like shit but he never had any moral support or a friend to help him through it afterwards mainly because while he was with Erin he wasn't allowed to have any friends.

"OK well let's get this stuff onto the grill and cooked up" ,he stated picking up the plate and bringing it out to the grill. He put the chicken on the grill and closed the lid before grabbing two chairs and setting them up so that the two could sit down.

Peyton smiled up at Kevin and squeezed his hand one more time before letting go. "That's what I'm here for. I believe everything happens for a reason, and I now know why I may have been sent to this house. You needed someone to help you out of the hole you keep digging for yourself. It's time for you to stand up for yourself and start actually living." When he mentioned putting the stuff on the grill, she nodded. "You go do that and I'll start making the caesar salad. I'll bring it and the wraps out as soon as I'm done."

As soon as the male left the room, the female turned back to the fridge. Pulling out the romaine lettuce and caesar dressing, she began putting the two things together and added croutons to the salad. After the woman was satisfied with the results, she grabbed the tortillas and brought everything outside. She placed everything on the table and sat in one of the chairs he set up for them. "After lunch, I'll clean up while you continue working on the porch. No sense in you doing the cooking and the cleaning."

Peyton got up and ran back in the house, grabbing the glasses. She filled them with ice and poured lemonade into them, then returned back to the porch. Sitting back down, she took a sip of hers and placed the man's on the table. "Then, I'll have to get back to my house to continue unpacking. One day, I think I might paint the house. It's rather dull with all white walls."

"I think I'm going to enjoy you living next door Peyton now I'll have someone to talk to instead of being alone" ,he said in response. When Peyton went inside to make the stuff for the wraps Kevin flipped the chicken to let it cook on the other side. After a little while Peyton returned and he smiled when she handed him a glass of lemonade. He took a sip then set it onto the table, "That's some good lemonade sweetheart it may even be better then mine" ,he said with a smile.

Kevin turned the chicken once more then after a few minutes took it off the grill and set it on the table next to the other stuff. "Chicken's done and as for you cleaning up afterward I thank you in advance, I'll have to make it up to you somehow perhaps I can help you with something just name it and as soon as I'm done with this porch I'll do it".

Peyton smiled. "It's always good to have friends. Friends are healthy for you because they give you an ass kicking when you need it and they make you happy." When Kevin complimented her lemonade, she blushed slightly. "Not by a long shot. You make the best lemonade, but thank you for saying so."

When the chicken was done, the female took it and began cutting it up into chunks, putting it in the salad. Once that was completed, she made the wraps. "Crap I forgot the plates. One second." The woman ran back into the house, grabbed two plates, and came back out. Placing the wraps onto the plates, she handed one to him. Looking over at him when he mentioned making it up to her for washing the dishes, Peyton shook her head. "Are you kidding me? You helped me take stuff into my house yesterday and cooked dinner for me last night. If anyone has to make up for things, it's me owing you, love."

Kevin took a bite out of the wrap after Peyton handed it too him, "Mm Damn girl are you good at everything you do"? He asked with a smile, he gave her a playful wink before taking another bite from the wrap. "This is delicious Peyton thank you" ,he told her. When she mentioned owing him he laughed a little, "Listen you've done so much for me in just the little time I've known you, I definitely owe you and then some" ,he insisted.

After he finished eating his food he sat back and waited for Peyton to finish hers. Kevin's focus fell onto the young woman, he couldn't help it she was just so beautiful and she made him feel good about himself. After a few seconds he turned away realizing he had been staring a bit. He took a sip from his lemonade and let out a sigh of satisfaction, "Tell you what how about I finish up this porch tomorrow morning and I'll come help you unpack that way you can get it done quicker" ,he suggested with another friendly smile. "I can put a tarp on it for now in case it rains but the weather does say it's gonna be clear until next week so I'm not too worried about it".

Peyton laughed and shook her head. "No, I'm not good at everything, but thank you for the compliment." She finished eating her food rather quickly, finishing her wrap not long after Kevin finished his. The female noticed he had been kind of staring at her, and she started to feel a little self conscious. "What? Is there something on my face?" she asked when the male turned away. The woman wiped at her face with a napkin to ensure there was no dressing or anything.

When he mentioned finishing up the porch tomorrow and helping her unpack today instead, she shook her head. "No, I couldn't possibly make you do that and keep you from doing things for your own house." She honestly didn't want him to feel obligated to do anything with the pretense of being a nice neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom