Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Post-Apoc Interest Check: Take Two

Which Apocalypse Will Happen?

• Global Pandemic

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Solar Flare

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Alien Invasion

• Economic Collapse

• War

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Terraforming: Ice Age

• Terraforming: Scorching Desert

• Terraforming: Infinite Forests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Hey Hey, BMRPers!

Oh god, anyone else reminded of Fat Albert?

At any rate, the General here, who's looking for a few good RPers to help me out with an idea of mine.

It's a Post-Apoc idea, for starters, taking place in 2032, five to ten years (Or just an X amount of time) after an event which brought the civilized world to it's knees. There are remnants of government out there, somewhere, but it's not really much. The United States is gone. Mexico is gone, though there are rumors that it's ruled by the former Cartels. Canada... is pretty much the same, actually. Just a bit emptier than it was before.

South America's gone. Yep, every government in South America is gone.

Europe, Asia and Africa, no one really knows, they went dark before the Americas did.

Survivors are many, yes, but not as many as before. There are wrecks of aerial transport littered around the world, containing bodies of those who died in the crashes (except for the ones who survived, seeing as a crash landing doesn't mean planes just fall from the sky! ... *Looks around* Phew!)

There are gangs of survivors who relish in anarchy called Marauders who wander around and kill, rape, pillage and then move on to the next town. Then they'll come back to the town they killed, raped, and pillaged to see if anyone occupied it since then. They're smarter than they look.

While I pretty much have all of that for me, there's an issue.

What the event is. That's my problem, muchachos.

Now, characters are welcome to many weapons, since most Marauders use a mixture of fervent Firearms and crude melee instruments of death and killer...y... I ran out of adjectives, so sue me.

Of course, I don't want nuclear armageddon, nor do I want zombies. Sorry Zombie Apoc fans, I like Zombies as much as the next guy (Even got myself a site!), but it's not what I'm looking for here.

And nothing with Hell rising into the Earth either. I'm not fearful of demonic forces, I just think that the Reckoning being at hand is a bit... overused. And stupid.

But other than Hell, Nukes, and Zombies, any other suggestions are good.

No 2012 scenarios either. If I hear one lick of Mayans, I'm gonna throttle someone.

Yeah, through your computer screen!

Then I'll burn your house down!

With lemons!

Bit mad there, but some of you understand my reasons.

At any rate, plots and events! Launch!

Go?

Activate!

Alright, I'm starting to sound a lot more stupid than I really am, so come on guys! Brainstorm! Thinking caps! All that jazz!

Alright, this is another attempt at trying to find a suitable plot for that Post-Apocalyptic Group RolePlay I was - and still am - interested in doing. Of course, we could never really get to the plotting stage since I opened up the can of worms that said: "What's the apocalypse going to be?"

Probably shouldn't have done that.

But I did, and I can't change it now.

But what I can do is put up a poll with the narrowed down choices of what I think will be the most fun to RP in. After a set of time, I'll close the poll, and then we can get plotting, to which characters will be made and we'll finally get this sumbitch on the road.

So, whaddya want to go for:

The Global Pandemic that causes mass panic and fear to spread throughout the population, and causes distrust among those who aren't infected?

The Solar Flare that fries all electronics and causes the civilized world to collapse?

The Alien Invasion that causes multiple resistance factions to rise up and face the invaders head on. Will you be part of the Resistance, or will you merely be trying to survive?

Or maybe the Economic Collapse that causes civil unrest and eventually anarchy to break out and cause the fall of nations?

Perhaps the massive War going on between factions will make life harder on you? Try to avoid getting drafted into the conflict by getting to a safe haven.

Or is it a case of Terraforming Gone Wrong? Will it be a new Ice Age? A Scorching Desert being pounded by the sun daily and water as scarce as can be? Or will Infinite Forests fill up the landscape, with Mother Nature taking back the championship title as Baddest Fucker Around?

You guys decide, I'll watch and see what comes up.

Yeah New York sounds good for a location, but why are people still voting after the decision has been made.

So, after talking for a few minutes while I was busy cooking, Sanoci and I had an idea. What follows is His and my correspondence.

Sanoci: BTW are u even joining that one guy Post-Apoc now that it includes aliens'

Me: Possibly, so long as it isn't Greys.

Sanoci: Greys?

Me: Like the one they supposedly found in Roswell, NM, in 1947. Big head, huge eyes, thin wiry body, like the aliens in Fallout 3/ New Vegas.

((He then mentioned something about Resistance, which I cant find))

Sano: The Chimera were different but there were true Chimera they mentioned. Apparently Resistance 3 end plot was trying to get tehm on Earth ((I assume he means the above mentioned Chimera. In Resistance, most Chimera you fought were just humans repurposed with an alien virus to transform them into the enemies from Resistance.)) Kinda hoping he did War ((instead of Aliens))... could have really helped the guy. Guess depends on the Alien he decides upon. ((True Chimera)) only thrive in cold weather and was hinted these mofos were huge. <ay or may not join 100%.

Me: I'd still join. Gives me somethign to do, and it would be fun to experiment with alien tech.

Sano: What if the aliens (are) like xenomorphs? XD

Me: Then it turns into Aliens, instead of an Original RP.

Sano: I said 'Like'. Essentially animalistic or feral. Hell, could be mixed with majority like beast and at the top of the heirarchy are those with intelligence. Could as far say each ship has 1 such alien. ((At this point, he lost me. Grammar is a big thing for me, and this is a grammatical train wreck.)) Dunno puts a spin on things.Only a few could use their mighty tech. ((How could they have mighty tech and space travel enought to take over earth, yet they're mostly wild space animals?)) Rest get nothing or tech so simple they can use it like certain weapons. Thoughts or concepts for boredom?

Me: Hmm... I have a million and one weapon/tech schematic ideas in my head.

((Later))

Me: Hmm... an Alien hierarchy sounds good, but what if we tweaked it to implement a sort of "Face Card" hierarchy system? Like there's a Queen, a King, Ace, etc- not what the aliens call it (or the names of said aliens) but what humans have designated them (kind of like the Deck of 52 system in the first Mercenaries game.)

Sano: Alien Queen at top is always popular but the card idea not bad. As long as they do not look like them ((like gigantic, superdeformed playing cards, I guess))

Me: Nah. I actually didn't mean Queen at top, I was thinking the Ace (big baddy of the invading forces) and his 3 generals (Jack, Queen, King, in order from weakest General to strongest) and to round out the set (and add some extra challenge) a set of super powerful, incredibly tough and terrifyingly massive twin aliens (only 2 in existence in the invading army) called the Jokers (a red tinted and blakc shelled one maybe?)

I know, wall of text, but that's my idea. Just a thought, if anybody is interested.

Generalfoley said:
Ooooh, the Gulf Coast. Very nice. But the Gulf Coast is ripe with cities, so maybe an urban standpoint would work too? Speaking of Urban, New York City comes to mind. A three dimensional battlefield with close quarters and lots and lots of corners.

If you're looking for a 3-dimensional battlefield in which to... do... battle... (brain crapped out.) and you're set on an area near New York, but not so cliched (and crowded) try Yonkers. It was good enough for Max Brooks to use as a staging ground in World War Z, it may work to this RP's advantage to use the same, or a similar area.

Now I might play an Alien or maybe a human not sure but this Roleplay got me dying for it to start.

Back
Top Bottom