Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Post-Apoc Interest Check: Take Two

Which Apocalypse Will Happen?

• Global Pandemic

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Solar Flare

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Alien Invasion

• Economic Collapse

• War

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Terraforming: Ice Age

• Terraforming: Scorching Desert

• Terraforming: Infinite Forests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Hey Hey, BMRPers!

Oh god, anyone else reminded of Fat Albert?

At any rate, the General here, who's looking for a few good RPers to help me out with an idea of mine.

It's a Post-Apoc idea, for starters, taking place in 2032, five to ten years (Or just an X amount of time) after an event which brought the civilized world to it's knees. There are remnants of government out there, somewhere, but it's not really much. The United States is gone. Mexico is gone, though there are rumors that it's ruled by the former Cartels. Canada... is pretty much the same, actually. Just a bit emptier than it was before.

South America's gone. Yep, every government in South America is gone.

Europe, Asia and Africa, no one really knows, they went dark before the Americas did.

Survivors are many, yes, but not as many as before. There are wrecks of aerial transport littered around the world, containing bodies of those who died in the crashes (except for the ones who survived, seeing as a crash landing doesn't mean planes just fall from the sky! ... *Looks around* Phew!)

There are gangs of survivors who relish in anarchy called Marauders who wander around and kill, rape, pillage and then move on to the next town. Then they'll come back to the town they killed, raped, and pillaged to see if anyone occupied it since then. They're smarter than they look.

While I pretty much have all of that for me, there's an issue.

What the event is. That's my problem, muchachos.

Now, characters are welcome to many weapons, since most Marauders use a mixture of fervent Firearms and crude melee instruments of death and killer...y... I ran out of adjectives, so sue me.

Of course, I don't want nuclear armageddon, nor do I want zombies. Sorry Zombie Apoc fans, I like Zombies as much as the next guy (Even got myself a site!), but it's not what I'm looking for here.

And nothing with Hell rising into the Earth either. I'm not fearful of demonic forces, I just think that the Reckoning being at hand is a bit... overused. And stupid.

But other than Hell, Nukes, and Zombies, any other suggestions are good.

No 2012 scenarios either. If I hear one lick of Mayans, I'm gonna throttle someone.

Yeah, through your computer screen!

Then I'll burn your house down!

With lemons!

Bit mad there, but some of you understand my reasons.

At any rate, plots and events! Launch!

Go?

Activate!

Alright, I'm starting to sound a lot more stupid than I really am, so come on guys! Brainstorm! Thinking caps! All that jazz!

Alright, this is another attempt at trying to find a suitable plot for that Post-Apocalyptic Group RolePlay I was - and still am - interested in doing. Of course, we could never really get to the plotting stage since I opened up the can of worms that said: "What's the apocalypse going to be?"

Probably shouldn't have done that.

But I did, and I can't change it now.

But what I can do is put up a poll with the narrowed down choices of what I think will be the most fun to RP in. After a set of time, I'll close the poll, and then we can get plotting, to which characters will be made and we'll finally get this sumbitch on the road.

So, whaddya want to go for:

The Global Pandemic that causes mass panic and fear to spread throughout the population, and causes distrust among those who aren't infected?

The Solar Flare that fries all electronics and causes the civilized world to collapse?

The Alien Invasion that causes multiple resistance factions to rise up and face the invaders head on. Will you be part of the Resistance, or will you merely be trying to survive?

Or maybe the Economic Collapse that causes civil unrest and eventually anarchy to break out and cause the fall of nations?

Perhaps the massive War going on between factions will make life harder on you? Try to avoid getting drafted into the conflict by getting to a safe haven.

Or is it a case of Terraforming Gone Wrong? Will it be a new Ice Age? A Scorching Desert being pounded by the sun daily and water as scarce as can be? Or will Infinite Forests fill up the landscape, with Mother Nature taking back the championship title as Baddest Fucker Around?

You guys decide, I'll watch and see what comes up.

i saw an event on another site that was kinda cool a cross between hell raising and zombies but i figure you could put your own spin on it.

something along the lines of an abnormal tectonic shit causes strange pillars to raise from the ground. Maybe an asteroid shower pelting the planet releasing a poisonous gas that killed when inhaled and mutated the flesh turning the dead into mutants bring them back to life to kill more when the poison runs out...... i guess that could be considered a pandemic....right?

Sorry Muse, but this isn't really the place to suggest a Zombie based RP, nor a really Bible influenced one (as told in the quoted text). Sorry, but it's being overdone, by myself included, so I wanted to do something else for a change. This is the second thread I put up on such a related topic, being an Apoc-RP, but I felt that wasn't going anywhere fast due to the fact that no one could decide on what they wanted.

So, I put this thread up, with a poll of the most promising ideas.

Sorry 'bout bursting your bubble, dude, but tis the way the thread's gonna be.

Still, vote on what you'd like for the RP to have ended the world with so we can all finally get started.

Generalfoley said:
Sorry Muse, but this isn't really the place to suggest a Zombie based RP, nor a really Bible influenced one (as told in the quoted text). Sorry, but it's being overdone, by myself included, so I wanted to do something else for a change. This is the second thread I put up on such a related topic, being an Apoc-RP, but I felt that wasn't going anywhere fast due to the fact that no one could decide on what they wanted.

So, I put this thread up, with a poll of the most promising ideas.

Sorry 'bout bursting your bubble, dude, but tis the way the thread's gonna be.

Still, vote on what you'd like for the RP to have ended the world with so we can all finally get started.

it was a jump off point maybe a pandemic that mutates people into mindless killing things, doesn't have to be about the walking dead like i said that's what the role play i saw was about and just stealing the idea is kinda bad make it your own just trying to help man......my point being my idea wasn't meant to sound like zombie or bible more mutation kinda like dead space. but ill stop bugging you now feel free to delete and ignore my earlier posts.

Will if you do not get anymore repiles soon looks like Alien invasion won by two votes lol.

I must ask, do you truly just want one reason for the apocalypse? I mean, let us take the global pandemic as an example. Panic, fear, quarantine, liberal use of weapons of mass destruction to try to wipe the sickness out, could have several further consequences, like economic collapse, followed by war for resources, worsened yet by a solar flare that utterly destroys all electronics.
And then the alien invasion occurs.

If you wish, I can ask /x/ about this, those women are a sucker for spins on the apocalypse, though it may be quite the task to wade through all the occult nonsense to reach the actual possible facts.

MuseofTheNight:
Well it's a good idea, but not something I'm looking for in this kind of RP. The choices are there, and you're still welcome to join in if you want. The more the merrier. But with the poll and all, I think it'd be best to try that RP idea here on BMRP.

Traveller's Guide:
That train of thought has entered my mind, but I just want something simple we can use, no overly complex backstory where we have to re-read it just so we remember what happened and why they're going through with the plot that's there. Which is why I put up the poll. Sorry dude, but hey, if you can help to try and put a spin on the winner, then by all means. Just, you know, collaboration. Tis a must.

And now I've to ask: Who/What is /x/? Sound's familiar...

Well, just for this purpose I voted for Global Pandemic alone, due to the fact that this is simply the sense of a poll.

Now, /x/ is one of 4chan's... call it boards. The most famous, or rather infamous board you may have heard of is /b/, no doubt, though these days /b/ is rather 4chan's filter for decent people, so called 'oldfags', most of whom then walk on to one of the others boards suiting their interests most. Now, /x/, or /x/enophiles as they call themselves like to discuss quite the... call it 'strange' topics, supernatural stuff, the apocalypse and all that. You will find quite the amount of horrorstories there.

Now, as a fa/tg/uy I could have asked them for their own spin on your apocalypse, what each of the apocalypses would look like considering each of the possibilities you put forth. Of course, you just stated that you do not exactly want a broad backstory, so my offer does appear quite moot now. Though it still stands if you wish for some advice on really horrifying stuff, though of course, talking about /x/, no definite success can be granted, or at least not in straight facts.

Well now, /x/ offered quite some of the occult and religious stuff you wanted to avoid, so I chose to converse with my homeboard /tg/ instead and got some more 'realistically' possible stuff

-AI/nanotech gone wrong, culminating in either a) swarms of little machines eating anything with any sort of biomass to further reproduce themselves, b) a good ol' machine uprising, Terminator style, or c) both

-A meteroid shower that sets off the Yellowstone supervolcano, coating the entire world in ashes, triggering global disastrous climate-changes and can initiate a new ice-age

-several variations on how the lack of resources triggers global war, followed by massive anarchy with corporations providing militaries which are highly sought for, culminating in a sort of war-economy ala Metal Gear Solid 4

To be quite honest, aside from the global pandemic, the AI/nanotech one would have my vote. You should also be aware that I left most of the details regarding the possible outcomes with, for example, mankind instead rising to quickly colonize stars, generally get as many people off the world, loading up the rest as computer-programs and thus practically enslaving them, the rest of mankind devolving into warring factions that run on a sort of prestige-economy, with some going full anarchy, some utter capitalism, others, those mostly human yet, isolating themselves completely, trying to preach about the 'purity' of the human form and generally waging war against all others.

What about something like the plot for Nanobreaker (a garbage game from the makers of castlevania that had an interesting premise, if executed badly)- Nanomachines, having been integrated into daily human life seamlessly so as to control everything from heart rate and intrernal health to bank accounts, stocks, etc- they go haywire and start to cause rapid, irreversible changes on the general population. only a few worldwide- those who have had their bodies modified to an extent that they are more machine than flesh at that point- resist the horrifying, debilitating transformations caused by the nanomachines to their bodies and minds.

If I sound unclear on anything, please ask me to clarify. It's been a while since I had any kind of Roleplaying situation in my lap, and I'd be glad to help out how I can.

Thanks Lee, your interest's appreciated. Just vote for a topic, and hopefully we'll have a winner.

Joker, sorry man, it's a great idea, and had it come sooner, then it would've made it into the poll. But right now, it's more for the ideas up top. But please participate still, I'm thinking we still need players. The more the merrier.

It's fine. had I joined this forum earlier I would've suggested the idea then. But for membership, you can count me in- I'm interested, and I need something to occupy my time (and brain.)

I am curious, but who here is into the metal gear solid series? Within the fourth entry there was the War Economy.The war economy was an economical global structure that emerged in the 2010s, turning war into a lucrative business. State economies became solely dependent on war with an immediate need for private military companies. Granted they used the SOP system with nano machines to revolutionize war. None the less felt like bringing that up is all.

Alright, so voting's ended. Sanoci, I've not played Metal Gear, to my great regret, but good luck with your Mass Effect RP. I'm still reading through that to see if I wanna join or not.

But for now, we got three choices in a tie. Alien Invasion, War, and Global Pandemic. Not the most ideal situation, but I think I'll have to be the tie breaker here.

Imma gonna have to go with Alien Invasion. Falling Skies is a definite influence, but I'm interested in how you guys'll react to such an event.

Now let's vote on a location within the United States and I'll post up the Character Sheets.

What about the Gulf Coast? From a terrain/environment standpoint, the swampy marshlands and bayous of Louisiana, Missouri, and Mississippi could offer interesting gameplay options.

When I think Alien Invasion the Resistance series comes to mind. Its funny but the three listed were elements chained to the series I just mentioned. Parasitic Aliens for the win . Now the Pandemic 2 game lingers. Damn you Madagascar ><

Back
Top Bottom