Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mismatched Partners (kittykat4 and Josu_T)

Alex wasn't sure he believed Annabell when she said she would be fine. She quickly changed the subject. When she mentioned that her friend had told her she had a great time he got nervous. He paused for a moment and stared at the floor. With a sigh he decided to simply tell the truth. "I had a great time too. I like her, but last night I learned that I don't like her as a girlfriend. She would be a great friend, but I don't see anything developing past that. I'm just not sure how to say that to her. Now you've got me worried that she might be hurt when I tell her. I was hoping she might feel the same way I do." He continued to stare at the floor as he finished stretching.

She was greatfull he didn't push the issue when he started talking about the date. "Really? well she seemed to like you alot but I'm sure she'll understand" She said as she watched him stretch. "Hey your not still mad at me about the other day are you? I mean I know it was wrong of me to say what I said."

It made him feel a little relief when Annabell thought her friend would understand. Then she asked about whether or not he was mad. He looked at her and shook his head. "No, don't worry about it. I'm not mad at all." He smiled softly and finished stretching. As he sat with his legs crossed he suddenly remembered what they had been discussing before. "Hey, if you still aren't feeling well once we start practice you really don't need to force yourself. None of us would think any less of you because you got sick. Everyone gets sick."

She smiled glad he wasn't mad about it anymore. "I'm fine if i start feeling worse I'll let you know ok?" She stood up and swayed a little. She held onto the wall to steady herself "Got up too fast" she muttered before looking down at Alex "Come on we have to practice" she said holding out her hand to help him up.

Alex nodded and agreed to give her a chance to feel better before they started to practice. When she stood up he saw her sway and almost insisted right then that they take the day off. He paused and decided to still give her the chance. He took her hand and got up. Then he walked with her over to the doors as they opened and their coach and choreographer walked in. He listened as the plan for practice was explained. He kept an eye on Annabell the whole time. He was ready to act if needed.

Annabell felt a little better once she stood up she listened to the instructions and noticed Alex watching her. She couldn't help but feel greatful, she wasn't even sure if she'd feel better she had only told him that to quit his worrying. After the instructions Annabell got into her position and waited for Alex to join her.

Alex nodded after the instructions were given. Annabell was already in position and Alex moved to join her. He took one hand in his and placed the other on her lower back, his arm wrapped gently around her. The music started a moment later and Alex started to dance. He kept his eyes on Annabell. The first part of the dance would be fine. They would be spinning fairly soon though and he wasn't sure if she could handle it. He was ready to help keep her from falling if she did get too dizzy and got sick.

Annabell was felt the same once they started dancing and she smiled at Alex to reassure him she was fine. But once they got to the spinning she started getting dizzy and nauseous. She shook her head showing she wanted to stop for awhile.

Alex was glad Annabell was doing well through the first part. Then they started to spin and he saw her expression change quickly. He stopped immediately and wrapped both arms around her to support her. He walked with her over to the wall and helped her sit. He sighed. "You should get some rest. We don't need to continue practicing today. We can take a few days off until you are feeling better again."

She knew he was right she sighed and nodded. she'd never missed a practice before but she realized she needed to. She leaned her head back on the wall staring at the ceiling "Alex," she said "Do you mind walking me home to make sure I don't get sick on the way?"

Alex took a seat next to her and let her rest. He could see that the other two people in the room looked confused. They were already walking across the room toward the dancers. When Annabell asked for his help getting home he turned to look at her again. "Of course I'll walk with you. I'll do whatever you need. You're my partner. We're a team." He then looked at their coach and choreographer and quickly explained. They agreed that it would be good to take some time off until she got better. Alex stood up and then leaned down so he could help her get up.

Annabell picked up her things and let Alex help her up. She sighed, she'd never missed a practice before let alone gotten this sick. She said goodbye to their coach and choreographer and lead the way to her appartment. It wasn't too far from the studio which she was now glad.

Alex led Annabell to their things and picked everything up quickly. Once they both had their stuff he carried it and helped her walk through the doors. They got out of the studio and he followed her guidance to get to her apartment. It didn't take them too long to walk there. When they arrived he handed over her bag, assuming her keys were inside. He smiled at her, glad he'd been able to get her home. He decided it would be best to also stay and to help her get settled and hopefully help her feel better. As long as it was ok with her as well.

Annabell smiled as she took her bag and dug for her keys. "Thanks" she said as she unlocked the door and stepped inside. She dropped her bag on the floor next to the door "You can come in if you want" she said. She didn't feel comfortable being sick with no one around she decided to call her friend after Alex left.

Alex smiled and stepped into the apartment with her. He took a glance around, but focused on being there to help her if she needed it. "Where do you want to get settled? You should probably lay down and get some rest. If you tell me where things are in your kitchen I'd be happy to get you something to eat or drink. Or I can just go if you want to get some sleep. Just say what you need and I'll do it for you."

"Oh you don't have to I was just going to call my friend. You don't have to stay if you don't want to"she said while she made herself comfortable on the couch. She didn't want him to worry or was his time, she figured he might have other things to do than take care of her.

Alex shook his head. "Don't bother your friend. I'm already here. I may as well help you. We're partners and if we aren't willing to help eachother when we need it then can we really rely on eachother on the dance floor? Plus, I'd normally be at practice right now so I've got plenty of time to spend helping you." He went to her kitchen and quickly found a glass. He filled it with water and brought it back to her. He set it down and smiled. "If you want something different I can get it. Just ask."

She sighed "Fine" she took the water and took a sip. "Could you get me a tylenol or something?" She put the glass down and laid her head down. She closed her eyes and tried to forget the way she felt. She didn't get how she got sick, it never happened before.

Alex smiled and nodded at her request. He then guessed where she would have tylenol and went in search of it. It took him a couple of minutes and as he looked he tried to avoid invading her privacy, focusing only on whether what he was looking at was tylenol or not. Once he found the bottle he grabbed it and returned to her side. He set the bottle next to her glass of water and then took a step back. He wasn't sure if there was anything else he could help her with or if she simply wanted to sleep and be left alone. He couldn't decide between asking her or simply leaving. It resulted in him standing in the moddle of the room awkwardly looking back and forth between her and the door a few times.

Back
Top Bottom