Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mismatched Partners (kittykat4 and Josu_T)

"Well, for the last part of our practice you ignored me. You didn't say anything, we can't just not talk during practice. I mean we are partners we need to comunicate." She said walking with him, she didn't want to argue again she just wanted him to agree so she could be away from him sooner, but of course she knew he wouldn't bite so easly.

He made his drink order and put some money on the counter before turning to look at her again. "Do we really need to talk? What do we need to talk about? We have a coach and a choreographer who can tell us what we did right or wrong. What is it that we need to say to eachother? I really don't see the point in it if it is just going to annoy both of us. So unless you've got a good reason why we should talk I wouldn't expect to hear me say much during practice. At least not to you." He turned to check on the progress of his drink and took his change. He moved aside to wait for his coffee to be finished.

She sighed frustrated "Look I know we have a coach and choreographer but we are the dancers we need to talk to etch other. Trust me it'll help with the dancing if we do just ask your coach." She turned and left she wasn't about to follow him around trying to convince him she was right that would be a waste of her time. She knew this wasn't going to workout, if he wouldn't talk to her then she wouldn't talk to him and that would build even more tension than there already was.

Alex simply shrugged as she walked away. When his drink was ready he grabbed it and walked out of the shop. He made his way home right away with no more stops. He didn't even want a chance of running into her again. He knew he was being stubborn, but he didn't care. What he really wanted was to get her to be the one to leave. He wasn't a quitter and he wouldn't give up on anything. That feeling was even greater than his desire to not be dancing with her. Well, he liked actually dancing with her. He just didn't like being around her. He got home and tried his hardest to distract himself with entertainment. He didn't even want to think about her, though that was proving difficult.

Annabell asn't going to stop dancing ith him just because he was stubburn about talking. He as a much better partner than her last one, her last one asn't as gracefull with his movements. When she got home she made herself some dinner and turned on a movie. She wasn't watching the movie though she as thinking about Alex, for some reason she couldn't get the person she hated out of her head. She shook him out of her mind and watched the movie but he just kept creeping back into her thoughts.

The next day Alex got up and got ready for his day. He was hoping that when he got to the studio Annabell wouldn't be there. He didn't really expect someone like her to give up so easily, but he could hope. He made his way there and got changed. Unlike the day before both their coach and choreographer were already there. They didn't say anything, but Alex had a feeling that they were there to make sure that he didn't get into an argument with Annabell while they weren't there. He greeted them and started to stretch and warm up for the practice.

When Annabell woke up she was in a great mood and she didn't know why, she useually hated mornings but today something as differant. She shrugged it off and made her way to the studio. When she got there she saw everyone was already there and she greeted them happily. She changed and started her stretching. She hadn't expected the coach or choreographer to be there before she was, it as strange to her but she left it as it as.

Alex looked at the doors as he heard them open and sighed when he saw Annabell. When they were both warmed up he moved to the middle of the dance floor and looked at Danielle. The coach explained that they would work a lot harder and move away from the basics. The two of them would be pushed to see just what they were capable of as a pair. Alex wasn't sure what to expect. He just hoped that he would be able to do well and that she wouldn't screw up. He made sure to avoid saying that though. He didn't want to start an argument right away. He took his position as they were told what they would start with. He looked at her and waited for her to join him.

Once the coach eplained what they ere going to be doing she smiled, she knew what she was capable of but what as he capable of she anted to know. She took her position with Alex and they began dancing. She watched his movements just like the first day and she matched them. She knew he didn't kno what she was capable of and she intended to show him. She didn't ant him to think she needed to be carried through a compition any more.

Alex started to lead her through the more difficult things he knew how to do, just to see if she could keep up. It seemed she knew every little movement very well. He didn't say anything, his movements guided her and she seemed to be reading his mind. It was stunning. He started to truly enjoy himself again. A few songs went by and his respect for her abilities grew. It seemed she hadn't been carried by her former partner. He had simply been off time and had made it look like he was carrying her through the competition. He still would never admit it though. Her attitude bugged him and he didn't want to give her the chance to gloat.

Annabell saw that he as trying to slip her up but she kept up with him no matter what he did. She was surprisingly enjoying herself more than before. She didn't expect him to be even close to her dance level in ballroom but despite him being out of practice he as close to the perfect partner, in her mind. She smiled up at him, he made him being a partner not so bad as long as they were dancing.

By mid way through the practice, whether he would admit it or not, Alex was pleased to have Annabell as a partner. Deep down he was happy that she seemed to be enjoying herself as well. He wouldn't actually try to chase her away anymore, but he was still determined to not cooperate with her. The fact that she had told him they needed to talk had him silent around her most of the practice. The only times he spoke was when he needed to say something to the other two in the room. He normally would have been asking her of things she had in mind that she wanted to try. Instead he waited for her to talk to Danielle or Sam before agreeing to try something.

She didn't know how much more of the silence from him she could take, he asn't saying anything to her at all it as driving her crazy. Sure he was a great partner in the dancing part but not the other important parts like talking to each other. She didn't understand why he refused to talk to her. She didn't like to have to talk to Danielle or Sam in order for him to know what she wanted to try. She never said anything about it though, she as hoping either Danielle would say something or he would eventually talk to her on his on.

When they got to the final dance they were going to work on that practice it went even better than the others. By the end of it Alex was truly impressed. As they stepped apart he let out a sigh. "That was good. I...I'm glad we are partners. I'll....try to talk more." With that he turned and walked away. He wouldn't say anything else and he would ignore her, feeling like she would take it as a victory and would bug him about it. He definitely didn't want that.

She as surprised he spoke to her and even more surprised at what he said she ran after him. "Hey, your a good..great partner and dancer. I'm glad we're partners too" she smiled and went to pick up her things before heading for the shower. She didn't want to stay too long, this as a good day they hadn't argued even hen he did finally talk to her and she anted to leave it that way.

She surprised him a little with what she said. He hadn't expected that. He didn't say anything and just went to gather his things. He left without saying anything more to Annabell, Danielle, or Sam. Though the last two were smiling, glad that things were starting to work out between the dancers. Sam had known that there might be an issue, but when he and Danielle had realised the potential they decided to take the risk. It was paying off. It wasn't set yet, but in their minds it was just a matter of time. If the two dancers didn't kill eachother in the first day they would simply get closer over time. Sam was already planning one of the most difficult, but most beautiful choreographies ever done in competition. The shows they would put on would be spectacular. At least he hoped so.

After she showered she left the studio and went home to change, she was going out with some of her friends to a club. She spent twenty minutes trying to figure out what to wear and another five minutes to put on her make-up. Her friends came and picked her up and they went straight to the club. hen they got there her friends ent straight to the dance floor but she went to find some where to sit.

After getting home Alex was bored. He couldn't stop thinking about Annabell. He got a text from one of his friends suggesting going to a club. Normally Alex wouldn't go, but loud music, a crowded dance floor, and friends would distract him quite easily. He showered, combed his hair, shaved, and put on some nice, but comfortable, clothes. He put on a little aftershave and then went to join his friends. They got inside fairly quickly. Alex grabbed a drink from the bar and then went to dance. He wasn't a big fan of club dancing, but he could do it fairly well. He stood out because he often threw in actual dance moves unlike most of the other guys. He was there with only two friends and they were more interested in picking up women. They worked together and left Alex to his dancing. After a little while he happened to bump into a small group of women who got him to start dancing with them. He shrugged and joined in. He had no idea they were Annabell's friends. At that moment he wasn't even thinking about her. He was just doing his best to have a good time.

Annabell went to get a drink from the bar she started talking with a guy. Eventually he asked her to dance and she agreed. As they danced Annabell kept getting glimpses of Alex but she didn't think it was really him. She focused on dancing with the guy she was with. She alwaysed loved dancing even at clubs.

Alex continued to dance with Annabell's friends. He didn't look around, he had a group of girls right there keeping his attention. As he relaxed more and enjoyed the dancing more he started to individual girls in the group for a song or two before moving on to another. They were all having fun. He started to add in more real dance moves. After a while one of them told him that he needed to meet another friend of theirs and show her his dance moves. He smiled, shrugged, and just kept dancing with the group of girls.

Anna continued to dance with the guy. She wasn't dancing like she had in practice she as more loose. She loved ballroom dancing but she loved this more. One of her friends interupted her to see this guy she was dancing ith. She told her he was a great dancer so she thought why not. Her friend lead her through the crowd to her other friends and Alex dancing.

Alex didn't stop dancing and had his back turned to Annabell. One of her friends spotted her and stopped him. She pointed and smiled, explaining that the friend was right there. Alex slowly turned and then he saw her. He was stunned. First by the fact that she was there. That quickly turned to surprise at her appearance. She looked really sexy. He'd only really seen her in practice clothes or briefly at competition in outfits and costumes meant for dancing. He stood completely still, not sure of what to say. She was a lot more attractive than he had thought. He tried to speak, but could only get his voice out quietly. It was drowned out by the loud music.

She was shocked to se him there let alone dancing with her friends. "What are you doing here?" she yelled over the music. Her friends looked confused, she hadn't told them he was her dance partner she hadn't planned to but she doen't have a choice now. She never would think he was the club type.

Alex barely heard her over the music and moved closer so they wouldn't have to yell as much. "I'm not allowed to be out having fun? I'm here with friends. They ditched me to pick up women though. Your friends are a lot of fun to dance with." He smiled and turned to face the rest of the girls again. There wasn't much to say. Seeing her there was completely unexpected, but it didn't need to ruin his night. His friends may as well not even be there. He wouldn't be hanging out with them. He'd been having fun with her friends and he'd continue to do so.

"I didn't say that I just never expected to see you in a club" She crossed her arms. She wondered who his friends were. She wasn't going to let him being there ruin her fun. One of her friends suggested that they dance together "No we dance together enough in practice I'm not dancing with him here."

Back
Top Bottom