Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zombie Nation (Puppet_Mistress, XanderX)

Xander tosses Cady a bag. "Better tie down the bike so it doesn't get all banged up and just in case there is a few heavy blankets in there as well to cover it with." He says haveing prepaired this bag when she was knocked out just in case she said yes to his offer. Xander waits for Cady to finsh tying down the bike before pushing the first several carts into the truck. "You can put the weapon away, if anything even close to human size comes within a mile of the truck I will know. Just worry about doing your part and let me worry about the rest for now okay? I will keep you safe Cady, you have my word on that."

Cady finishes tying down the bike before holstering her weapon. She then walks to the opening of the trailer and starts pulling the carts up into the back. She picks up the blankets covering the bike before putting anymore carts close to it. A little while later she places the last cart before walking down the ramp towards Xander. "Well that looks about all we got. Time to go...Where are we going? I have some things that might be useful at my house. Not really worried about taking the Jeep. I can just park it in the garage and lock it up. I'm sure no one will mess with it, really. Then we could just leave in the SEMI. Travelling would be a lot safer, that's for sure." She grins at him while looking around the parking lot.

"We are headed just outside of town, you know where all the werehouses are out there?" Xander says takeing one last look around just to make sure as he is looking around the PDA starts vibrating and flashing an alarm. "Cady, we have company." He says as he looks at the PDA. "Looks like a gang or slavers party we should get out of here now." Xander stays calm while saying this but inside he is worried that Cady will be draw into a fight that he isn't in control of. "If you don't mind lets just head to my place you can allways leave from there to get your stuff and lock up but we should get out of this area for a few hours at least." As he is talking he climbs into the cab and starts the engine setting one of his pistols on the seat next to him and his rifle leaning on the same seat but set on the ground.

Cady nods and climbs up into the truck moving the pistol from her seat that he had placed there. She puts it up on the indented dash where it would stay making sure the safety was on. Reaching back she grabs the seatbelt securing it. She sits back as far as possible so he can see out the side mirror on the passenger side. Her grandfather had been a skilled truck driver after he retired from the military, and had taught her how to remain as useful as possible, and most of the time that meant staying out of the way. She peers around looking for the slavers Xander had mentioned feeling restless, and itching to have a fight, but instead she sits there and tries to behave herself, but unable to stop the fidgeting of her hands.

"Relax, they are still far enough away that you wont be seeing them and we should be able to get away without them following us." Xander says as he pulls out of the parking lot then he points to the computer mounted on the dash. "Keep an eye on that, the dot in the middle is us. If you see anything blue dots that is a normal human, red means infected if you see them let me know ASAP." it only takes a few minutes to reach the werehouses that Xander told her about as the SEMI approches the gates surrounding them they slide open even though they isn't anyone to open them. "they are automatic to vehicles with the right codes." Xander explains as he drives into the first wearhouse and stops on a clearly defined square of ground. "and so is this." He laughs as the floor lowers down to another level that looks like a mechanics garage. "you are now in the former southern base of the Orginization Cady, the place that at least part of the infection was created and now my home. Before I start unloading the truck, lets get you into the system so you can get in and out and find you a room, just be careful this place is twice the size of the pentagon and has 5 levles underground." Xander warns as he parks the truck

Cady nods remember the warehouses that he was mentioning. She keeps her eyes on the computer watching for any trouble, but so far so good. She looks around as the floor of the warehouse slowly lowers them. Her eyes widen as he mentions five different levels. As Xander parks the truck she peers out trying to see as much as she can, but where they were right now did not have a whole lot of interesting stuff, so she quickly grew bored. She feels the truck stop and the air brakes release leaving the truck idling. She opens her door and jumps out feeling rather small in the large cavern of a room. Walking to the back of the truck she makes her way around to the other side looking up waiting for Xander to finish shutting the rig down.

Xander shuts of the engine and hops out of the cab "First lets get you into the system and at then maybe some food if you are hungry, After that I will start unloading the truck."

"Alright. Whatever you say. I'm here to do whatever it is you need done." She smirks before looking him up and with. "Well...almost anything." She chuckles before walking off towards a set of doors that she assumed was where they were going to go, but wouldn't be surprised if he told her she was going the wrong way just to embarrass her some more.. Shaking her head slightly she keeps walking not caring to look back and see if he was following her or not.

Xander follows Cady through the doors and just silently walks beside her only pointing the way they need to go at intersections. Once inside the security room Xander has Cady get her eyes and hand scaned into the system and gives her a string of numbers to remember. "that is your ID number, don't forget it please." and then hands her a ID card that the computer made. "Now that we have you in the system would you like something to eat?"

Cady takes the ID card scrutinizing it closely before putting it in her pocket. Her eyes find his before flitting away again. "Yea, I could use something to eat..I'm starving." As if on queue her stomach starts to rumble and growl. She leans over examining the machine that had copied her hand print closely before standing up walking out of the office. The walls were all a uniform pale grey that reminded her of a morgue and gave her goosebumps. She rubs her arms wanting more than anything to be above ground.

"Okay let me show you the Kitchens now." as they leave the security Xander leads the way downt he hall "Right now we are on the barrack level so most everything here is comunal in nature we have to go down to the bottom to get the the officers level where it is more comfortable for an individual. Here we are ." he says pointing at a door with a metal plate next to it saying it was the Kitchen. "Give me a few minutes, I'm not much of a cook but we have plunty of things that not even I can mess up." As he steps through the door she can see the Kitchen is clean and orderly like it is ready for inspection.

Cady follows him into the kitchen wanting to get a better look at the facilities. It was a state of the art kitchen with all brand new equipment. Her eyes light up as she peeks into the fridge. "If we stay here for any long period of time I am going to love it...I love cooking, and I'm not bad at it either." She grins blushing a bit before taking a seat at the island in the middle of the kitchen that had two stools pulled up to it. "So what are we having? I'm curious to know what you have."

Xander stops and looks at Cady "You can cook? then why have you been starveing yourself?" The look on Xanders face would be comical if he wasn't so serious. "I made a bunch of spagetti sauce yesterday and there is a lot left over so I though I could heat that up and make some noodles for dinner....enless you have a better idea, there is plunty of stuff I'm just not that great of a cook." he says looking a little ashamed that he admitted there is something he isnt' good at.

"Yes I can cook. Doesn't mean that I ever have time to. It's dangerous to make a fire at night. It just seems to attract the zombies, or worse bandits that want other things from me." She looks down at her hands as if that brought up some memories. "I just got into town not long ago...or you already knew that didn't you?" She looks at him raising an eyebrow. "The spaghetti sounds fine for tonight. I'll cook tomorrow all day. It would be nice to do something I'm familiar with that doesn't involve killing someone."

"It would be nice for me to get back to doing something familiar to me that doesn't involve kitchens." Xander smiles a little at this. "What makes you think I don't want the things from you as well?" he says arching his eyebrow knowing that he does want them but wouldn't force that issue. "You are correct that I did know but I had to know why you didn't try and eat more."

She grins looking at him. "I never said you don't want them from me. I gather you want a lot from me, or you wouldn't waste your time following me about and shit." Getting up from the stool she walks around getting the stuff ready for the spaghetti. "I hope you don't mind me waiting. I tend to get restless when someone else is cooking and I'm not." Grinning she fills up a pot of water to put on the stove.

Xander watches her move around the kitchen like a pro and smiles to himself "I don't mind at all." He says as he gets the leftover sauce out and puts it on the stove to heat up. Xander doesn't know why she trusts him but he likes that she does.

Back
Top Bottom