Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tale of an Angel's Descent

Puppet_Mistress

Planetoid
"My name is Asura, and this is my story. The story of my life would take pages upon pages to chronicle it completely. So forgive me when I say, fuck that you are getting the short version. I haven't the time or the patience to sit here and drone on about all my horrific adventures...So here it goes.
I am sure you have heard of the "All Mighty" God, and perhaps some of you even worship him. I am also confident that some of you worship that shit of a son he had, known as Jesus. Well in a sense I was once like you. I worshipped God. He was my father. I did everything he ever asked of me. You see back then I was Vespera better known as God's Evening Star. I was an angel, and a beautiful one at that. Today, you hear stories of Michael God's warrior, but never do you hear of Vespera. Back in the days when I was still welcome in Heaven, Michael couldn't hold a flame to me. I was the one God always came to, along with my brother. That of course did not last, or I would not be telling you this tale of mine.
Now I am sure all of you have also heard of Lucifer. The bringer of light, also known as the morning star. Rumored to be the most beautiful angel that ever graced Heaven. Bullshit if you ask me. Beautiful? Yes, he was very beautiful indeed, but there was one other angel even more beautiful than him. I am speaking of myself of course. Have you put it together yet? No? Alright then... You are even more dense than I originally thought. Lucifer is my brother. My twin brother to be exact. Yes, that's right Lucifer the fallen angel, Satan, The Devil, The Lord of Darkness, to name off a few of his well known aliases is my twin brother. Shocked? I thought as much. No one has ever heard of Lucifer having a twin sister. That was left out all of those magnificent stories you have heard on purpose.
It is rumored that when the war finally ended God cast down some two hundred and fifty angels. This, I can neither confirm nor deny, for I did not pay much attention at all. Now you see all the stories mostly talk of Lucifer defying God, and God casting him from Heaven and sentencing him to the fiery pits of Hell, or something to that nature. That , I am sad to say is not how it really went down. Yes, Lucifer did defy God on many occasions. He saw it as a game. God saw it as an insult to his...holiness? Is that the word I am seeking?...Hmm yes, it will do. The Mighty One started to get more frustrated with his Morning Star. While in turn my brother started to see that his Lord was nothing but a control freak, who was so stuck up and rigid, it was starting to become a problem. You see, as long as things were done God's way everything was fine, but as soon as something went remotely wrong God turned into a massive toddler so to speak, and threw a holy fucking tantrum. Lucifer was the first to see this and the first to rebel, followed by many others.
Now unlike Lucifer I was blind to God's blatant communistic views on the world. He was at this time still my lord. I loved him dearly, and defended him against my brother. I still remember something my brother told me back before the final battle. He said. "Vespy, don't let God fool you. We are nothing, but his lap dogs. He uses us for whatever he wishes, but when we make a mistake he casts us aside and replaces us without a batting an eye." I did not believe my brother. I called him a liar and continued defending my lord.
The final battle came... Lucifer fought gallantly backed by the odd number of angels that saw things the way he saw them, but I on the other hand fought the battle in God's name. I chose him and all that he stood for over my brother and all the love I had for him. After it was all over God cast Lucifer and all that followed him down from Heaven, and I being the stupid lap dog I was thought it was over, but alas it was not.
God came to me in the aftermath of the battle, and told me. "Vespera, you fought well, and defended my honor on this day, but that does not change the fact that it was your older brother that started this mess. I can not allow that to happen again. You are more like your brother everyday, and although I love you dearly as if you were a true child of mine. I can not allow you to stay here. You and your brother were far to close for me to rest easy over what all has transpired. I have no choice, but to cast you down from Heaven as I have done to your brother and all who followed him." Upon spewing that load of bullshit, the one you call the kind and forgiving God threw me from the gates of Heaven and watches as I plummeted down into the abyss. He treated me as if I betrayed him, and in turn it was him who truly betrayed me...
For years I stayed in hiding licking my wounds, so to speak. I was only a shadow of the being I had once been. The longer I stayed hidden the more hate I grew for the ones I once loved. God had turned his back on me, and Lucifer had been the reason for it all. Slowly the hate and need for revenge over took me, and I started to change into something evil. Very beautiful, but evil none the less. This evil would best be explained to you as a demon, or in my case a demoness. I adopted the name Asura, which candidly enough means demon itself. Now, when the transformation was finally over I rose as what some demonologists refer to as a greater demon. Crazy powerful and extremely dangerous.
After years of practice I perfected my talents and started wreaking havoc on the human world. I am sure you have read of heard about some person going crazy and killing a bunch of people then committing suicide. Yea, that was most likely me. To defy God I would commit the most horrible acts, and to get the revenge on my brother. I would commit them and would in turn be blamed by God. So you see, the fighting that is still going on today. The bickering and the little games played between Lucifer and God, all of the shit that you humans have been through, and all the shit you will be put through until the end of time as we know it is in part my fault. Do I care? No, not really. It's your fault as well. You blindly follow someone you do not truly know. You have free will, use it. You can discern the difference of right and wrong, do it. That is why you have a conscience. God does not care about you. He only wishes to use you in his games.
Just recently I came across a bit of information that shook the very core of my purpose. For so long I have let my hate drive me forward. In the course of one night everything I knew and believed in. All the hate for my brother was gone. The night I speak of was the night I finally found out the true reason Lucifer turned against God. It was for Love... Lucifer fell in love with a mortal woman, and went to God asking his permission to be with the woman. He wished to clip his wings and give up his immortality for this nameless woman. God wouldn't hear of it. He forbade Lucifer from ever seeing the woman again. He told Lucifer that he would never allow one of his angels to lay with a mortal woman, and that it was beneath them all. Lucifer fled in a rage of anger and loss wanting to see his love one last time. God sensing what he was doing reached out with his "divine" power and wretched the woman's soul from her body, crushing it in a vise like grip, destroying her as if she were nothing. When Lucifer came to her home he found his love lying on the floor lifeless. Clenched in her small hand was the ebony feather from his wing. The feather he had given her when he professed his love for her. In that moment of grief and torture Lucifer vowed to never again trust in the God he had always held in a high esteem. That day he vowed to destroy God, or die trying
Now if God had truly been the loving and kind being you all believe him to be. All the events leading up to now would have never happened, and the world would perhaps have a bit more peace, but that is not so. God and Lucifer will continue warring, and they will continue using Earth as a battleground. Now, what about me you might ask? I will just continue being Asura and doing whatever the fuck I want to do. I owe nothing to no one, and in that sense I am free. Lucifer and God can continue their bickering, but I am done with my interfering. I was once an angel and now I am a demoness. I have done things I thought were good, but in a way were evil. And I have done a lot of things I thought were evil , but in a way were good. Living for myself and my needs and wants and no one else's. If you ever start to wonder, and decide to think for yourself read this perhaps it may help you realize... There is more than meets the eye."

Back
Top Bottom