Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vevay's Private School [Karameida x Back-Alley Shadow]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karameida

Sometimes a Dream, Sometimes a Nightmare

Daiayame looked around the large main hall, turning in a slow circle she let out a small whistle impressed with the grandeur of the school. Off to her left there was an impressive sweeping staircase; obviously this place was not for average people especially in the sense of money. Stopping she reached her hand up and removed the lollipop from her mouth. Licking her lips she put the lollipop back in her mouth and turned her head trying to figure out where the reception desk might be. Tilting her head down she glanced at the piece of paper in her hand and sighed a little in irritation " The reception desk should be near the entrance..." she thought a flicker of agitation moving across her eyes.

She didn't want to continue standing in the middle of the main hall looking like a lost idiot but, neither did she want to start moving and get lost...asking for help was humiliating. Chewing on the inside of her lip she let out a small sigh and shrugged slightly deciding to risk the getting lost...people were beginning to stare. She was sure they'd stare more of they could hear her thoughts and with this school, you just didn't know and she wasn't willing to risk that.

She started walking in the direction that held the most promise, at least to her. It didn't take her long before she found something that was promising and, as it goes all the way out of view. "Excuse me, I'm trying to find the reception area." she said to a woman behind a desk. The woman looked up and stared at her before telling her they didn't even have a reception area. She didn't know how to respond to that, to be honest she didn't even feel it was worth it. The woman handed her a key and a paper and told her to just find her room. Daiayame shrugged and said her thanks and left, opening the piece of paper she stopped and felt like groaning. She just knew that number was at the top-most part of the house and, they didn't even have elevators "These people are fucking sadists..." she muttered continuing on her way.

Apparently her stuff was already in the room, that was something at least. She didn't have to carry all that crap up all those stairs. Stopping at the foot of the stairs she grabbed the railing and pulled herself up the first stair. Switching the side the lollipop was in she wrinkled her nose and continued on up the seemingly endless flight of stairs. A few minutes later she stopped in front of her door and used the key, the door swung open and sure enough all her stuff was sitting on the floor near her bed. Stepping into the room she looked around it and raised her brow; it was nice, really nice actually it was about the same comfort she had lived in before. Walking over to the bedding she dragged her fingers across it and smiled before plopping down on it and resting. "Classes start Monday...so I've got two days to get used to the place at least..." she said sighing and turning onto her side.

With the start of the school she wondered if any of the rumors about the place was true. She'd heard a few things about this particular school and if her "parents" had sent her there then there was possibly a grain of truth in all the tall-tales; she just wondered which were true and which were lies. It wasn't long before drifted off into a sleep.

RE: Vevay's Private School

It would be fun, they had told her.

She'd be able to make new friends, they had told her.

It was the start of Virginia's second year in this miserable place and the most proactive thing she had done was join the band. Not that she was a fan of the music or anything, most of it being the classical sort of stuff that her father loved so much, but because it gave her an excuse to play her own drums in her room whenever people started to complain about it. Other than that? She did a little art, but did her best to stay away from actually talking to many people. She spent most of her time sneaking off-campus, going to parties, getting drunk, and having a good time there rather than getting involved with the school in any way. The staff tried, of course, to push her to get involved, and really take an interest in her other classes. Her parents had told them to from the first day she had gotten there.

The black sheep in a long line of magic-capable humans, her parents were far too proud to admit that maybe, just maybe, one of their kids wasn't good at magic, and insisted that it was simply latent energy that needed to be unlocked. That was why they had sent her here, with all the stories about the school that existed. The youngest of two girls, Virginia had been given no choice in the change of schools. Her elder sister Erin was good at magic, so she was allowed to stay at St. James Academy of the Gifted, but Virginia had to be pulled away from what few friends she had in order to make her parents happy. She hated her parents right now. She hated the world. She just listened to her music and tried to stay away from other people for the most part. As far as the pyromance was concerned, all she had to do was just watch the temperature, make sure she bundled up when it was cold out, and do what she wanted in her life. After all, it was her junior year, and that meant they would let her go soon. Two more years, she would graduate, and she'd be free to do what she wanted without her parents breathing down her neck.

Of course, until then she had to put up with this crap.

Some of that crap was introducing a new student.

She had been in the band instrument room, putting away some of the instruments that the other students had, as always, left only partially done, and had been about to finish up with the task of tidying the room up when a member of the school staff had come in. He had a piece of paper with a name on it, as well as a room number. Some girl by the name of Daiayame Kuro. Weird name, but the girl named after a U.S. state didn't say anything about it. They were birds of a feather, she was told, sent by their parents to work at their "true potential". Now Virginia didn't know about this girl, but she had no "true potential" for magic. Yet that didn't stop the staff from insisting that she start making nice with this girl.

In her school uniform, she moved through the halls, a hoodie pulled over the top of the uniform, hood up, head down, earphones in, and hands stuffed in her pocket as she climbed the stairs. She was taking her time, having no rush to actually meet this girl. Hell, when she had looked at the room number, they had been just down the hall from one another. Not likely a deliberate set-up by the school, but sometimes Virginia had to wonder. They had done that with the tutors they tried to stick with her, but those hadn't gone over very well. Brushing those thought from her mind with the aid of the music from her MP3 player, Virginia counted the door numbers until she found the one that she was looking for. She rather reluctantly turned off the music and pulled out her ear-buds.

Three solid knocks on the door announced her arrival before her hands were once again stuffed in the pockets of her hoodie.

Meeting somebody new? Ugh. She needed a smoke right now.

Moonlight streamed through the leafy tree's that loomed over her, the clouds passed lazily over the moon blanketing the world in darkness till it moved along and light once more returned to the world of night. A small breeze whistled through the trees rustling the grass beneath her bare feet. The loose fabric that was draped around her let the wind move across her skin completely un-hindered. Turning her head she looked around herself, the place seemed vaguely familiar to her and yet completely foreign. A voice that moved with the wind whispered to her, she couldn't hear the words but the voice seemed more familiar than the land she now stood on. The world and everything moved in a dreamlike state and even the voice seemed to be muffled.

"Azrael..."
"How do you know my name?"
"....."

Once more the voice faded and flowed away on the current of the wind and, she was left alone on this leafy paradise. The place was beautiful and peaceful and held a hint of mystery and magic. "Mt.Pelion..." she whispered and blinked as the name tingled her lips like she'd been saying it her entire life. The familiarity of the word left her confused but, left her feeling warm and comforted. She knew from the name she was in greece and in the home of the centaurs beings that are half human half horse, creatures that are wise and strong. Her eyes drifted over the clear skies and breathed in the beautifully scented air and a deep longing began to ache in her chest and she felt tears well up into her eyes, raising her hand she wiped the tears away and felt her lips trembling "Abbadon..." the name slipped through her lips and her eyes widened. Abbadon...the fallen angel of destruction, her other half and her memories of that life flooded her and she remembered Abbadons deceit and the pain seared through her being.

The knock, or rather closer to a bang brought her out of her dream with a startled squeak and a thud as she fell out of her bed. Groaning she rubbed her side "Give me a minute..." she called out as she hauled herself upright, rubbing her head this time "Damn it all..." she muttered as she made her way to the door. Pulling open the door she blinked as she came face to face with a girl that had a less than pleased look on her face. "Uh...hey?" she said with a bit of a question in her voice. She eyed the girl with pink edged hair though she knew she really didn't have much room to talk since her hair was purple, still it looked...different. She looked like a girl who might just tear of your head if you fucked with her. "Can I help you...." she said trailing off as she didn't know her name. Well I guess I should ask your name first.." she said rolling her shoulders free of the stiffness she felt in them.

Virginia had to roll her eyes. Greeaat, they wanted her to show the akward chick around. That was just fantastic. The thud of something hitting the floor could be heard before the person inside had even actually said anything. Virginia found her notoriously short patience being tested, tapping one of her feet, and crossing her arms as she had waited for the young woman to appear. When the door opened, Virginia couldn't help but quirk her pierced brow, tongue idely playing with her lip piercing inside her mouth as she watched the girl, and waited for her to stop talking -- and thank God she stopped talking after a few moments. She extended a single hand, arms still mostly crossed, the wide variety of beads and bracelets rattling as she did so, and offered a firm and rather unflinching handshake.

"My name's Virginia, kid." She glanced past her in to the room for a moment, to see if she had unpacked, and idely blew one of her bangs out from in front of her face, "I was told your Daiayame, right? Of course you are. They wanted me to --" She shrugged, "-- I don't know, give you the tour, or help you unpack or something? I was just told to see if you needed anything and help you out with getting to your classes and stuff."

She waited for a moment, returning one of the ear-buds to it's original place while she did so.

Daiayme stared at the girl and nodded slightly when she mentioned her name and sighed rubbing her head. noticing her messy hair she tried smoothing it down. Sighing slightly she watched virginia mess with her piercings and blow her hair out of her face "Well I hope you don't mind my bluntness but, it's obvious you want nothing to do with this and would end up more annoyed if I did ask for help." she said hiding a yawn behind her hand. "Frankly I don't really want to be drug around by an irritated girl for that long." she said crossing her arms loosely over her stomach. Leaning her shoulder against the frame of the door she studied her for a minute. "about the only thing I'm interested in seeing anyways, is their art room." she said looking up to the ceiling. She didn't come here by choice so she figured she would at least check out and see if their art room was at least worth looking at.

" If I were to ask any sort of help it would be to show me the art room." she said rubbing the back of her sore neck, next time she really needed to use her pillows. Sighing she brushed strands of hair from her face and chewed on the inside of her lip. She wondered if virginia would even want to run down to the art room just to show a new girl around something though told her she just might, might take her. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out a lollipop, unwrapped it and put it into her mouth while she considered what to do. Pushing herself off the door frame she straightened up "Well if you're willing could you show me the art room?" she asked with a slight raise of her brow.

She noticed that she was talking far more than usual and felt a little irritated with herself for it. Well there was no help for it she supposed since she would have to learn to talk more if she was to be stuck here, though if the art room was any good she could just spend all her time in there and not have to talk a lot. "I don't normally talk so much...." she said as a sort of apology though she had no reason to apologize, she just hated when she blathered on like she was.

"I don't normally talk so much . . ."

With her brow still quirked, and her voice dripping sarcasm, "Oh? What a shame?"

When it came to the art room, that was one of the few places outside of the band room where Virginia could be found, at least when she hadn't snuck off-campus to party, or she wasn't busy playing her drums in her room. The staff had noticed that early on and somebody had pulled a lot of strings to make sure that she had virtually free reign -- and that the trouble she got in for the few times she had broken in after curfew was minimal at best. So when Daiayame expressed interest in the art room, that quirked brow lowered, and the mostly sarcastic expression seemed to fade at least slightly. At least the girl was a fellow art lover, by the sounds of it.

"Cool." She turned for the stairs, waving for her to follow, "Come on."

The art room was across the floor, on the second floor. It was a bit of a walk from their current location but not so much that it would rob any student of energy. It was simply that, should it be her first class of the day, Daiayame would probably have to set out a bit earlier then some of the other students in the rooms around her. Virginia was one such girl, being required to leave earlier than most, but it was to a class she enjoyed at least. So she led the way through the halls, not really taking time to point out any of the classrooms they passed on the way, and she didn't say much to the other students they passed in the halls. For the most part, the others seemed to pay her no mind as she led the way to the art room.

When they finally did reach the art room, Virginia held open one of the two white-painted wood double-doors, motioning for Daiyame to enter as she held the door open. It was a large room, with several side rooms for paint and other materials to be kept, with various painting up on the walls, sculptures on the shelves, and the tables were long and rectangular to allow for as many students as possible to use a single table at once. The tables were uncharacteristically clean, seeing as the school year hadn't officially started, and most of what there was on the table would have been easily cleaned. It was the work of students like Virginia, who spent their idle time in the art room, drawing, sculpting, and making various other forms of art. In fact, most of the black and white ink drawings on the wall were of Virginia's own making. Prized possessions of the art teacher's, a round and jovial fellow, which loved to show off, and let the classes enjoy. Always blathering on about some aspect or another. Yet Virginia didn't care, nor would Daiayame know of this. The teacher in question wasn't present and Virginia wasn't prone to talk about herself to other much.

"So." She made a sweeping motion, indicating the room around them, "This is the art room. Pretty cool --" She shrugged, once again blowing a bang from out in front of her face, "-- I guess."

Daiayme smirked at sarcasm in her voice and the raised brow and would have rolled her eyes but it seemed a bit much. The girl was amusing in her way of showing others just how much she didn't care...it was cute in it's own way but, she didn't think that calling virginia cute would go over so well so she kept her mouth shut. The moment passed anyways as her features changed a bit and a lot of the sarcasm just left it, apparently she was rather fond of art as well. Virginia turned and walked away and then motioned her to follow, turning slightly she reached for her handle and closed the door before following her "guide".

Lollipop in mouth they descended the stairs at a brisk walk and soon she was being led through a labyrinth of halls and doors, it was a lot bigger than it actually looked from the outside. Her guide kept silent for the most part not bothering to tell her what was where, which to be perfectly honest suited her fine since she wasn't up to a lot of talking anyways. She was more preoccupied with the buildings layout, with all the halls and turns and door's she'd seen there was no possible way it could all belong to the building she'd seen from the driveway just a few hours earlier. With those thoughts in her head she couldn't help but remember her fathers cryptic words to her "Not all is as it appears." the seriousness of the words [not to mention entirely cliche] had a grin forming on her lips as she switched the lollipop to the other side of her mouth.

The grin stayed with her for the remainder of the trip, "the smile of someone who knows a private joke but isn't going to tell" grin as her dear loving father would put it. In truth she saw the world as a private joke and she was the only one who got it and that in of itself tended to amuse her.

Blinking and coming out of her own private musings she noticed Virginia had stopped in front of a set of white painted double doors and opened them up and motioned her to enter. walking inside she raised her brow as she took in the room her smug grin softening into something warmer and far more pleased. Her eyes slanted over into Virginia's direction as she spoke and indicated the room around her with that little understatement "It's cool you guess?" she said both of her eyebrows raising and her voice filled with the sarcasm. "I'd say it was a bit more than just "cool"" she said her gaze returning to the art room itself. "Oh the fun I will have in here..." she whispered to herself. It was a very impressive room and she could well imagine herself skipping several classes to come here. "I know where I'll be during math class..." she muttered. She really hated math.

"I wonder...just how big is this school really...it's quite a deceiving little place..." she murmured in musing to herself. Shaking her head she returned to the now for now and turned her head to virginia's direction "Hey thanks for showing me here." she said before walking over to some counters and cabinets. She began rummaging through the supplies seeing just what they all had "This place is perfect for when I have trouble sleeping." she said straightening up out of one of the lower cabinets. " Place has just about everything..." she thought quite pleased.

Taking her lollipop out of her mouth she turned facing her guide "I think I might stay down here a little bit." she said just on the off chance she was waiting for her to finish in the art room so she could leave. Licking her lips she popped the lollipop back in her mouth.

"Oh?" Virginia watched Daiayame move about the room, "You can't really get down here if you have trouble sleeping, least not after curfew you can't." She shrugged, " 'less you've got the keys . . ."

Of course, it wasn't like the art teacher gave out the keys to his room. Not even to one of his prized students. By "keys", she meant "lockpicks", and by "lockpicks" she meant the ones she always kept in her pockets whenever she left her room. It was just one of the perks of having rich parents, that the school didn't chew her out too much for breaking the rules. After all, how was she going to unlock her potential if she wasn't relatively free to roam, and explore what was around her? There were still punishments, of course, but nowhere as severe as what some kids would have probably recieved for doing such things. So Virginia always took full advantage of it. Of course, Virginia could only assume that such treatment would possibly extend to those who she might see fit to take with her on such rule-flaunting excursions -- if she had ever really been friendly enough with anybody at this school to consider taking them with her to sneak through the halls after curfew was in place.

Pushing off from the door, Virginia sauntered rather lazily in to the room as it swung shut behind her, hands stuffed in her pockets, and her eyes looking at some of the other paintings and art work on the walls and shelves of the room. She really tended to enjoy looking at the work of others, rather than looking at her own. Maybe that was why bakers didn't usually eat the cakes and pastries they made, because they could only see what they did wrong.

"So you're in to art, huh?" Virginia asked, moving over to whatever table Daiayame took up, hopping up to sit on it, and casually kicking her legs as she spoke, "That's pretty cool. You like painting? Or charcoal? Or ink? Or maybe you like something else."

It seemed Daiayame's intended message had been lost on Virginia. Or she simply didn't feel to concerned about it.

Daiayme lifted her arms above her head and stretches letting out a small satisfied moan as she heard the mystical "crack" in her lower back. Lowering her arms back down to her side she glanced at virginia and blinked. "Trouble huh?" she said with all the care in world as if she was being threatened with a bunny. "Well I've noted that I don't really need keys to get into places I want too..." she said as she gazed at some of the art work on the wall. It was true, being what she was and her lineage all she had to do was [cliche as it is] say a little word and touch the door. It's one of the first things they taught you when you begin to "remember" yourself. However with certain members thats not very smart since they tend to like going into places they arnt allowed...ie her.

Turning her gaze from the art she was appreciating she shrugged a little smiling "Yeah...I tend to dabble in different art forms. it's about the only thing that calms me." she said with another little shrug. Turning to face the girl she leaned back and braced herself against the counter " Well I like to paint here and there, I use charcoal sometimes..it's a fun medium..and I usually only use ink once I've finished the pencil sketch of what I want to draw. However I also enjoy writing and I do some photography here and there. I've done a little sculpting and I really enjoy using pastels but I tend to lean more towards pencil and paper." she said looking up at the ceiling. She stayed silent awhile just staring up at the ceiling in her own thoughts. Shaking her head she leveled her gaze and looked at Virginia "These pieces of art on the wall are pretty good...any of em yours?" she asked turning to look at them again.

Reaching into her pocket she pulled out another lollipop and unwrapped it before popping it in her mouth having already dispensed of the other ones stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom