Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rub and Wish

Kadavro

Supernova
"Shitty frackers." Things had been ruined ever since the Scottish fucker came to town, trying to replace Good Queen Bess. What business was it for foreignors to be in charge? How would some Proto-Papist manage to beat off the Irish and Spanish when he was a halfway to being a Frenchman himself? "Shove off, Gizz." The man snapped as he walked through the treets of London, passing some Negroes and Ethiopics. "Far too many of the Blackamoors too." He spat before getting away from the Globe Theater where he had been watching and hooting some of the lads in the dresses. Looked like they would be good fucks even if they had no tits. Still wouldn't be bad. "Oy, Jude, got any rags to sell?" He spoke to man who looked shifty at the comment, foreign looking and dirty. After getting into a dark place the used clothes salesman whisphered to him. "Listen, just leave me alone, okay? I have nothing to give you." The gentleman from the begining of the post coughed and laughed, grabbing for a bag on the man's belt. "Give. It. Here-" The man woke up several hours later, his own stuff stolen and a dented lamp with some blood on it beside him. "Shit the fucker,,," He rubbed the blood off of the lamp, deciding to see if he could use it as a weapon.

Aric sat in the lamp he had been tied to, trapped inside all because he had tried to take it. He just wanted a little bit of food and had hoped that the lamp would have brought him food. He had no such luck, his luck was to be trapped in magical servitude for the rest of eternity. He sighed as he sat in his lamp waiting to be released only to be at the whim of his owner. It was just then that he felt the lamp he was in move. He heard an annoying ringing coming from within the lamp and frowned, so this is what it was going to sound like when they rubbed his lamp. He nodded and shot out of the lamp, filling the area that his new master was in with smoke.

He glanced around the area and spotted the man that was rubbing something off of his lamp. "Um...hello." he said and frowned a bit, he was new to this. The man who had trapped him inside of the lamp told him that each of his masters would get three wishes each, there was a genie manual in the lamp and he had skimmed it but that was all. "I'm the genie of the lamp." he explained to the man "You get three wishes." he continued on and set his feet on the ground, still dressed up in his rags that he had been caught in.

The man, a dockworker by the looks of him, just stared down at the skinny boy in rags. "I wish for a thousand wishes." He spat out, hacking at the smoke filling his lungs. "What the feck is that stuff, you little tramp?" Getting a better look at him, the man realized that it was another of the foreignors. "You a Saracen?" He grabbed at the boy, ready to push him against the wall. Miss or not, he would continue. "You're some escaped slave, aren't you?" He considered the possible reward for returning him to his owner, but saw some better alternatives to giving some ragheads a good turn. "How about I just keep you so you don't get your hands cut off?" Some of his views of other cultures were correct, others not so much. Slaves without hands were no good. "I want you to come with me and do whatever I say, got it?" A wish, perhaps, but he didn't believe in whatever the boy was saying, as he had taken a vicious blow to the head and had the area filled with smoke before he could see the floating.

"I don't think I can grant that wish..." he said, thinking about to the manual, he wasn't sure about that wish, he was almost positive that there was something about wishes he wasn't allowed to grant. "I can try-" he started before sighing "It's called smoke, its part of the deal of being a genie." he said and shrugged about to answer that he was a Saracen but he was cut off when the man grabbed him. "You could call me that..." he nodded answer that he was a slave, essentially. He glanced down at his lamp and then back to the man "I don't really have much of a choice." he said and licked his lips "Do you want me back in the lamp or just follow you?" he asked.

The man had lifted the boy up from his ankles at this point and was shaking him for the hell of it. Might have some coins stolen from his master. "Well, slave. I don't really believe in your tales of magic." He dropped the boy onto the ground before searching under his rags at the waist for any moneybags. "Do something to prove what you say is true, like turning that puddle into gold or getting back into the lamp." Hopefully the kid wouldn't know the gig was up before he could sell him. A lot of people would like to buy an exotic child. The playhouses for actors, the palace for servants, the nobles for... Well, the only word to use was sodomy. But they were wealthy and well connected enough to get away with it, especially with the Scottish King who there had been some rumors about involving the saem sort of thing.

Aric gasped when he was grabbed by his ankles, glaring at the man as he was dropped to the ground "Well, if you would kindly stop searching me for coins, I will." he said and got up, brushing himself off before snapping his fingers and turning the puddle into gold for his new master. "I'll give you this one as a freebie. But after this, you have to say 'I wish' or else I can't grant anything, I'll get back to you on the 1,000 more wishes." he said and with that he got back into his lamp to check out the manual for any details about wish granting.

He was slightly annoyed to find that there was only one rule, explicating made just for him. He wasn't allowed to grant a wish about stealing, everything else was fair game. He sighed and glanced towards the top of his lamp. Was it possible for him to keep this secret, he wasn't so sure about having a master that could grant 1,000 more wishes, especially one that seemed to not believe him. Then again, Aric glanced at the lamp around him, he didn't exactly believe in all of this either before he was turned into a genie.

He floated out of the lamp again. "Alright, so...there are only two rules," he explained "I can't grant a wish that would be stealing from anyone and I can only grant three wishes" he said, blinking at his phrasing, he had meant to tell the other that he couldn't grant his wish for 1,000 wishes. Glancing back at the book he had in hand he read a little more, yet one more rule was added: he wasn't allowed to lie. "Great." he mumbled under his breath. "What's your name, anyway?" he asked.

Alright, that was wierd. The man tried prying the soft puddle out, as golden as piss and as heavy as led. He found that wile he could try pryinh with what remained of his nails thy might be torn off completely if he did. "I wish for a hundred more genies and a way to get this back to my lodgings." Two wishes might be a bit much, but he didn't want to be killed and mugged before he could get his own room to shave pieces off of the huge gold chunk. If it didn't simply break through the floor with it's immense weight, that was. "Call me Gage. Or Master. whatever it is your hotblooded folk call the pale." His own skin was hardly pale of course, being tanned, dirty, and unshavened. "Now, no trouble with me getting that wish considered as one, is there? Otherwise I might need to find some oil for this lamp..."

Aric rolled his eyes "No can do. One wish as a wish. Getting you home will be no problem. Not sure how I can do the hundred genies thing, I'm new at this. Gold is pretty easy though." he said and moved his legs up so he was just floating there in front of the man. "Mine's Aric, just so you know, though I get the feeling you aren't going to bother using it." he mumbled. He sighed at the man's attempt to get him to do two wishes as one. "Go ahead, I can just make the oil disappear. It's my lamp," he explained and snapped his fingers again, taking the gold with them and brought them to Gage's house.

"Good, good." Gage locked around for a candle, lighting it using some of the light leaking through the small window. Soon he got to work using a half blunt knife from work to start carving out pieces of gold from the large hunk before him, praying in thanks that it didn't break through the floor. "Sit on the bed and wait until I can think of a way to sell this without getting arrested for coin clipping." Maybe a black market somewhere? Some bankers would be a good start, though only if he could get them enough to make them care but not too much to get them suspicious. "So, Saracen. What do I need to feed you?" For some reason Gage was putting aside his issues with being struck unconcious by a Jew, a most humiliating experience by anyone of the period's books, and was now simply staring at his prize. And still two wishes left to go...

Aric looked around the place and finally sat down on the bed. He watched Gage for a while, looking around bored until he found his master's attention was on him. "Hmm, nothing." he shrugged "Only good thing about this genie thing, I don't need to eat anymore." He looked over to the gold again. "I can make that smaller for you, wish free," he smiled. "Not in the actual size just, so you don't have to shave it," he explained. "What were you rubbing off of my lamp anyway?" he asked and moved to grab his lamp to look at it.

Gage leaned over, swiping the lamp before the boy could grab it and try to become his own master or whatever they did. "Just a bit of blood." The blood on his own head had by this point become caked under his hair, the rusty color looking nothing so much as a smear of dirt. "I was checking to see dry it was and how long I had been knocked out for." He gave the boy a considering look before nodding. "Just don't let any fall through the floorboards or we'll be robbed and you will have as big a problem as me." It would do him no good to wear out his wrists or to give the boy the knife to shave it with. Magical powers aside. Almost like that play... "Are you some sort of fairy?" Couldn't trust the Fair Folk. Theyy looked beuatiful, though mostly through using glamours against mortal men. Though a bunch of countryside nonsense.

Aric gave a sigh as the other took his lamp. "Ah, so you got hit in the head and probably robbed." he said and snapped his fingers making the gold smaller and easier to handle, placing it into a bag so it wouldn't fall through the floorboards. "I told you, I'm a genie. Not a fairy," he explained "two completely different things." He glanced at the gold "is this good enough for you?' he asked and picking up the bag, using his magic to levitate it and showing Gage. "Have you come up with your next two wishes?"

"Have you met any fairies, then?" Gage wondered if he should begin his own theater with the gold and djinni, though considering how not only he had gotten the gold without using a wish, but got it chopped up, put in bags, the levitated away... Best not to mention the freebies or the Saracen might stop giving them. "I will have to think about this for a while. Do I need to make all the wishes within a few hours or can I wait?" He took a piece out of one of the backs, breaking it into even smaller pieces, which he would try selling off seperately. Big dinner tonight, if he had anything to do with it. "Can you cook? Oh, and what happens when I make my last wish?" He had heard only vaguely about djinn in the past from some Moorish doctor who said they were made from fire and needed to be wished back into their containers lest they go free.

"Not that I know of." he shrugged, nodding only a few moments later in answer to Gage saying he would have to think about it. "No, you don't and no I can't cook. I might be able to cook some things," he mentioned. "As for what happens after your last wish...I get pushed back into the lamp and the lamp get thrown off into some other place so I can continue with the serving." Aric crossed his legs and watched the man "Unless you wish me free. If you wish me free then I...well, I actually have no idea what would happen after that, haven't gotten that far in this rule book." he said and glanced to his lamp. "Just so you know, I can't leave until I've granted your last two wishes."

"We need to get you some new clothes before you leave then." He looked the raggedy boy over before getting out his colorful red scarf, a prized possession, and handing it to him. "Try to cover your nakedness until we can get to a store." He padded his hair, rubbing it back, his palm brushing over the boy's ear. "May I see that book?" Gage would have thought he would have had some pamplet, tablet, or scroll, but can't beat good old English bookbinding, he had to guess. Probably would be something foreign and difficult to read, if he even could. That would be a good wish, come to think about it. What was that again when you could read and speak everything? Omniprescent, omnipotence... Omnilingual? Maybe say he had a Gift of Tongues. "I wish I could use the wishes of everyone else in Christendom."

Aric worked the scarf over himself and tried to cover what he could. He shook his head after the man worked with his hair, blushing ever so slightly. "Um, I'm not actually sure..." he glanced at the book and licked his lips. "I guess it should be okay." he finally said handing over the book to his new master. "And as for that wish, I think that goes under stealing. Nice try though," he chuckled and started to head out toward the door. "A better wish along those lines would be..." he stopped, covering his mouth. He still hadn't figured out if he wanted to serve this man for more than three wishes, "I mean..." he licked his lips and tried to come up with a better answer. "I mean, the one you had first...about the 1,000 more wishes." he sighed, knowing he couldn't lie "I can grant that wish, if you wish it."

Gage looked over the ragged boy as he moved to the door in the dim lighting, orange shadows cast off the pot by the candle, foul fumes drifting off the cheap candles with the smoke. "Tried to trick me earlier then? How can I know that this isn't simply another trick?"He moved the lamp over the candle, allowing the flame to flick at the bottom. "I think I will risk it though. I with for one thousand more wishes." After heading the lamp a bit, he scooped some of the dripping wax into the opening of the lamp end, wondering how the genie would move in and out if it was blocked. "For the wish after I wish for a good meal. The one after that I wish that I could read, speak, write, and understand any language."

Aric frowned when the other moved his lamp towards a candle. "It's not a trick. I didn't know, I'm new at this." he said and snapped his fingers, making it so the man had 1,000 more wishes. Snapping his fingers again for the meal, and once more for the last wish. The meal was placed on the floor on wooden plates. Aric frowned a bit at the plates but shrugged, it was the meal that counted. The meal was that of a boar, manchet, plums sat in a bowl next to a cup of wine. "Does that suit you?" he asked, gesturing to the food. "I'm not really sure how you are going to test the language, but you should be able to do all that you wished for."

The man picked up the tray, taking it to his small table and sitting on the chair there. He took a second third knife, one which he had left behind and therefore didn't have stolen, and began to cut the boar with it. He'd need to think about using a wish to punish that Jew who robbed him and the others who swindled him. Then again, he wouldn't have bags of gold if it wasn't for him, so maybe he would wait his time. "Come on over here. You may make do without food in the lamp but surely you need some outside of it." He sipped some of the wine beofre moving the table carefully so as to not knock over the candle. He nodded for Aric to sit on his bed while offering him some of the boar leg. He also tried to open and read the book to see if his wish had come true, but the candle melted bit on the page and nearly lit up some of the grease from the boar.

Aric blinked and moved over to the man taking the boar leg any way, about to nibble on some of it when he saw the book nearly light up. "Watch it!" he yelled and dropped the boar leg trying to grab the book away from the potential fire. "I need this book, I don't know how this works! Please, be careful with it." he said to the man, feeling as if he was going to have a heart attack. He sighed when he thought that the book was out of danger and turned to the boar's leg again, snapping his fingers getting the dirt off of it and took a bite out of it. He moved to the bed and sat down. "So what are you going to do with the rest of your wishes?"

There went the food to the ground as he moved the book from the candle, fearing that the Saracen might knock it over while grabbing for the tome."I wish you'd lighten up." His newly gained knowlegde over languages let him know how he might have just asked for him to glow like the sun or be set alight. Either one being less than helpful for his well being. "I retract that wish!" Wait, did Saracens eat pork or drink wine? Maybe he was mixing them up for some other group. "I'm notsure what I will do with all of them, but I wish for you to get yourself a few sets of clothing, some things you like and some good for showing you as mine servant, slave, property, whatever. I think that we are going to be together for a looong time." He took a bite from some bread before offering a seperate piece to Aric.

Aric snapped his fingers, putting himself in a basic tunic and pants. He was never too wild about clothing. As for the other clothing he snapped his fingers and looked down to the bed, where he had left the clothes. "What are you looking for?" he asked, snapping his fingers again, going through the clothes that he could create. "Lots of skin showing, no skin showing, a collar, cuffs, what?" he asked, looking over to Gage. He took the bread from Gage, he was right he didn't need to eat even outside of the lamp, but he liked the tastes of the food anyway. He moved to sit down on the bed again, still snapping his fingers looking through clothes that he could think of.

Gage looked over some clothes that were practically transparent before looking further down the line, seeing little English looking stuff. But the food, the reading, the gold, the clothes... He leaned over, grabbing the sides of the genies head and kissing each cheek and the forehead, like the Frenchman seemed to do when they were happy. "I wish to immortality for the next hundred year, with a warning period every month before the end so I can wish again if I wish. I wish that you could hear my wishes even if I'm underwatyer or otherwise can't speak. I wish for it to be easier to make people not question how I am getting all this new stuff." He lifted him up then sat back down on the chair, which creacked and started to break under their combined weight. "Do you think you could act like my servant or bastard son?"

Aric blinked and smiled a bit at the kisses. "Alright, alright, slow down. I can't snap my fingers that quickly." he explained and laughed a bit. "One for immortality for the next one hundred years, along with a warning" he snapped his fingers "another for the always hearing wishes," he snapped his fingers again "And the last for the talent of persuasion." he snapped his fingers for the last time and licked his lips as he was picked up and held on a creaky chair. "Well, considering I am sort of your servant anyways, I would say yes, I can." He smiled "As for the bastard son, I suppose I could. Can't be that hard."

"I would also wish for a similar though distinct warning for when I am down to my last hundred wishes." He was smiling for a bit before thinking of something. "How did you get into the lamp anyways, shorty?" He looked down at the boy, who may or may not have still been thin from the near starving. He watched him licking his lips wondering if it was for the kisses before realizing that servants were supposed to say no to things. That was how they were brought up. they wouldn't say if they were really hungry. "Eat." He ordered, offering a plum. "Don't make me use a wish to make you healthy. I will, but only if you don't start filling yourself in a bit."

Back
Top Bottom