Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OOC--Monks and Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary

Super-Earth
OOC

Hey Nikolaos, come on into the IC thread.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32989&pid=905240

RE: Monks Monking Monks Character sheets/profiles

Hey Lunar, it's been half an hour. Are you playing today?

Just a sec, I'm replying now. I just wanted to see where everyone else was at so that I didn't look like a dummy.

There's, like, a bunch of new guys in the lobby, just squeeze in there

Yes, we accept anyone, but the game is on hold until tomorrow afternoon.

Err, I'm going to be honest about being a bit concerned about your age Kadavro, and I think it'd be a lot more clarifying to include your character physical age as well. From my understanding the forum has a strict age policy about severely underaged characters, though I may be wrong and if so feel more than free to point such out to me. In addition, as a not strictly realworld setting (though it does of course draw influence from it on many occassions), the setting is mostly intended to be Far Eastern in nature when it comes to monks.

Also I feel I have to ask out of idle curiosity if English is your first language or not? You have a good usage of proper informal grammar, but you switch between gender specific pronouns quite a bit. Any chance you're Northeastern European? I know Finnish for example is a genderless language.

I say old chap, is it meant to be a male or female?

That...really doesn't answer any of my questions or concerns. I mean, religious persecution is obviously a bad thing, but just as much is violent indoctrination of one's religion upon other cultures (such as is a large part of the history of most monotheistic religions around the turn of the tenth century), but that's a bag of religious ideological debate meant for philosophers, not roleplayers.

Regardless, you're effectively arguing for having a firearm in a medieval setting based on the fact that the principles of gunpowder existed.

I say. A transgendered, hermaphroditic, or entirely sexless character is certainly acceptable. However, it would be ungentlemanly not to refer to them by the correct pronoun. If the character does not physically match the definition of male or female, it would be appropriate to refer to them as "it" - grammatically. It would also be fair if the individual chose to identify themselves with a male or female personality, therefore becoming a "he" or "she", or if they deem the word "it" to be disrespectful and identify their preferred choice of pronoun. But to simple switch between the male and female in a post is certainly unprofessional, confusing, and most importantly ungentlemanly.

I say old chap. That thread is not this thread. It has no bearing on this, regardless of the present similarities.

But we don't want bad Roleplayers...

My dear Kadavro, when have we ever said we wanted a poor roleplayer intentionally? The inexperienced and unskilled are certainly free to join, but joining for the express purpose of intentionally underperfofming purely to stir up mischief is certainly ungentlemanly. I shall have to ask you to either shape up or rightly depart, lest we be forced to contact moderation.

So let me get this straight. Based on prior actions of a group of anonymous people on the internet targetting these forums for "Bad roleplaying" which clearly no longer has any relevance on the current situation -because we are clearly staying to our own little pocket, doing our best to enjoy ourselves through good roleplay as well as accepting with open arms others who have wanted to join in in a conductive way- your reaction is to intentionally create bad roleplaying to counter these individuals?

And we're supposed to be the badguys here? I mean, I personally wouldn't have any objection if you were actually trying to create a character who would interact with the RP in a meaningful and creative way. But you aren't. You've said as much yourself.

I'm going to break character now and say I don't care what you saved or how many times you think we said "fuck". What we are doing now is clearly not what you are accusing us off. At best, you are being a bully. At worst, you are being a troll who is attacking people he irreverently deems to be "bad roleplayers". And if that is the case, since you seem to be sooo offended by what was said on 4chan, which should never be taken seriously, you are no better than the people you're trying to attack.

So please. Drop the knight-in-shining armor act. You're not doing any good for anybody. The only thing you're doing is setting yourself up to be reported for trolling.

You can look through our IC thread (the link is on the first page of this one somewhere) if you want, you can even get the mods involved because honestly we aren't trolling or trying to cause drama, we're trying to play a group roleplaying game, which is what this site is for.

I would also think that the fact our thread has 9 pages of IC dialogue and actions already and we've only been playing one day to be a good sign that we are not doing anything to upset anyone.

So far we've been using this as the OOC thread, is there a section for those as well?

If so could you direct me to it so I can make one for our RP?

OOC - Monks and Knights

Since the other thread has become so cluttered with OOC posts, this i to alleviate that problem. Keep it relevant or keep it here gents.

RE: OOC - Monks and Knights

Hey Lunar, it just occurred to me- how are Zato and Nikolaos supposed to recognize each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom