Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Temple of the Great Falls

WolframTheGreen

Planetoid
Just checking interest for a sort of far-eastern temple setting. Nothing Wuxia, but much akin to a Grand Temple guarding forbidden knowledge and secrets *winkwink*.

It'll of course have an order of monks in it, but it'll also be open to all visitors seeking inner peace and spiritual enlightenment. Any takers?

Nephew works fine for me, man.

Most of us are in a new form thread though, it's called monks monking monks.

Anyone is welcome to join, we accept all kinds of characters. But whether or not you get along with people, and by measuring the consequences of your actions, will determine how much fun you have here.

Swiftbeak said:
Hmm... Interesting setup. I take it you only accept human characters, however?

It is a very open minded RP. I am sure that so long as you can find a South Asian, East Asian, or Southeast Asian example showing them or a similar creature in some sort of monastic order that it would be accepted. Though I am not sure if the hominids from the travels of Marco Polo would count.

Swiftbeak said:

I think we were debating whether or not to have non humans yesterday, but this is a low magic setting, so a human works best.

Shadeslayer said:
Swiftbeak said:

I think we were debating whether or not to have non humans yesterday, but this is a low magic setting, so a human works best.

Will we be classifying fantastical homonids in this world to simply be misheard descriptions, differing body types, and the costumes, piercings, and bodypaints that would distort what people saw?

Are you asking if dwarfs are still short and mine in mountains? Because that is how we prefer our Dwarfs.

Shadeslayer said:
Are you asking if dwarfs are still short and mine in mountains? Because that is how we prefer our Dwarfs.

Probably for the best, as some think they were based either upon the Lapps or Italians.

Shadeslayer said:
As I recall, Italians are not usually depicted as bearded midgets with an affinity for rocks.

Italy used to be rather different. Plus they were short in comparison to the Norse, as well as relatively skilled with metalwork.

Hang on again. A humanoid is more acceptable. Half griffin, antro, you know what I'm saying? Also, we're still not very high fantasy either way.

It would be easier to judge whether your character fits in the quite loosely defined setting if you would tell us what you have in mind.

I might be able to play something more humanoid, though a human with animal features seems even less plausible to me. I may just be used to the old fantasy tropes. :p

In terms of what I was thinking your concept attracted me because I've been wanting to play an inhuman character that displays some amount of chivalric concept despite being essentially an animal; defending a monastery of dangerous artifacts fits well with that, or he could be drawn to the artifacts themselves for some reason or another, if that would work better.

The talking bit was to facilitate easier communicate and roleplay, but if it would fit the atmosphere better I could play a non-talking but still somewhat intelligent gryphon, communicating through body-language, as a temple guardian.

We discussed and have come to the conclusion that your talking gryphon idea is not unsettling and can fit.

If you are willing, I would like to welcome you into the RP,
the character-sheet thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32984

And the IC thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32989&page=21

I say old bean, a chivalrous gryphon wishing to do its gentlemanly duty and defend the monastery from less reputable beasts is most welcome!

Back
Top Bottom