Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Golden Shields ( Katy1008 & CrimsonMaster )

Evie heard the loud ka-boom of the desert eagle. It was a sound she now knew well and it echoed around the surrounding buildings, bouncing off the walls. Then she realised that Derek was dropping the gun and then falling to the floor. In truth of course, Derek was already dropping the gun before she heard the shot. The bullet sped through the air faster than the speed of sound, but the sound reached her ears and was processed before the images were processed. And so she heard the shot then saw the consequences. She moved quickly towards Derek or more accurately towards the dropped weapon. As Tom approached Derek, the eagle still pointed directly at him just in case, Derek gripped his wrist, blood seeping through his fingers. Evie imagined that he wasn't going to be using his right hand too soon. She reached down, her own weapon still focuses on Derek as well, and picked up .38. Two uniforms moved quickly behind him and bodily pulled him up to his feet. They decided in light of his wrist, cuffs might be a little too much and so one office took each arm and held him firm. This man had killed their friends...their colleagues. Evie handed the gun over as they moved past her and then holstered her own weapon. She stepped over to the woman who Derek had held hostage and checked she was okay. A little shocked. Scared. But otherwise unhurt. She looked at Tom and gave a rueful smile. They would attend their friends funeral and then head home, with another job done.

Tom & Evie left the area after Derek was taken away. They were greeted by Chief Ironside and his team. Ironside spoke of the bomb squad taking care of Derek's nasty device placed inside the soda machine. He thanked both Tom & Evie for their help and for capturing Derek. It was Evie who figured out Derek's plan long before anyone else has. Chief Ironside invited them to dinner on him that evening. Tom accepted. Lou's funeral wasn't until tomorrow morning. Tom & Evie spent the rest of their day enjoying the sights of San Francisco before joining Chief Ironside and his team for dinner. After dinner, Tom & Evie returned to their hotel room. They relaxed for the remainder of their night. The following day, both put on their dress blues before heading out. They used the unmarked car one last time before handing the keys back to Chief Ironside. Lou was given a heroes salute. Just as any officer would. Derek thought his father was killed by crooked cops. The young man couldn't see the truth even though it was plain for everyone too see. Tom & Evie saluted their friend one last time. After the service was over. Ironside gave them a ride back to their hotel. They parted ways with Ironside and his team here. It had been good to work with Chief Ironside & Ed Brown once again and to have met Fran & Mark. They were a fine group of police officers. Tom & Evie caught a cab to the airport. They were soon on their plane, heading for home.

Tom & Evie landed a short time later. They decided to check in at the office to see what was going on. Plus, Tom wanted to get the reports for the governor out of the way. Evie would stand out in Tom's report. Her mind was able to piece together Derek's plot before anyone else could see what he was doing. Tom & Evie caught a cab to the station. They walked into the MCU squad room carrying their bags. James greeted them with "long time, no see". His way of making a joke on them leaving town and being gone for two days. James then informed Tom & Evie that Detective Jacqueline Rivera of internal affairs was looking for them. Kim spoke up saying she didn't give a reason why IA wanted to speak with Tom & Evie. But, Kim said Detective Rivera seemed annoyed to find out Tom & Evie were out of town. James then teased his sister and Tom about the subject. Asking if they'd been doing bad things? Tom fired back, no worse then what James does. He waved goodbye before heading into his office. There was no telling what IA wanted from either Tom or Evie. Tom was sure they'd find out sooner, rather then later. 30 minutes later, Tom was done with his report. He went out to check on how Evie was doing with hers. Evie finished hers a few minutes before Tom was done. Tom said for her to print out a couple of paper copies. He would sign them and send them to Chief Beck and the governor. Once this was done, Tom said he and Evie were heading back to the boat. They needed to drop of their bags anyway. James said he and Kim would hold down the fort while Tom & Evie took it easy after their hard flight from San Francisco.

Tom & Evie picked up their bags, reached the squad room door and opened it. Standing there, ready to open the door was Detective Rivera. She looked at Tom before shifting her eyes towards Evie. " It's nice to catch you two while still here........Off to San Francisco again? " Detective Rivera asked with a very annoyed tone in her voice. Tom said he and Evie were heading home to drop off their bags. He spoke of returning and meeting with Detective Rivera later on that day. Hearing Tom didn't make Jacqueline's mood any better. " We'll speak now lieutenant. " Jacqueline said while pushing between Tom & Evie. She headed straight for Tom's office. James remarked that Tom & Evie were busted. He then caught the look Evie gave him. Tom & Evie followed Jacqueline into Tom's office. They both stopped just short of entering after seeing this woman sit down in Tom's chair, behind his desk. Tom gave Evie a look, which asked the question, who did this woman think she was? Tom entered with Evie right with him. He moved towards his desk, placed his hand on the edge and leaned over. " Just because you work with IA doesn't mean you can come in here and sit at my desk detective!........Now please get out of my chair while you still work here! " Tom growled out his orders. His words were a reminder that being a detective didn't out rank either Tom or Evie. Tom certainly wasn't pleased with the boldness shown by Detective Rivera. Jacqueline gave a sigh before standing up and moving over to the other side. Tom moved around and reclaimed his seat. IA officers weren't well liked around the department. Jacqueline had the reputation of being quite the bitch. It was possible she was a nice person outside of work. Jacqueline was an attractive, Hispanic woman with dark eyes and dark brown hair.

After sitting down, Tom asked what it was Detective Rivera wanted from them. She had a case with her. Jacqueline sat down on the couch, placed the case on her lap and opened it. She pulled a file out, closed the case and placed the file on top of the case. Jacqueline opened this file and ready herself to write down anything Tom & Evie had to say on her current case. " Department records show you two knowing Detective Martin Deeks........You lieutenant.......Served as his commanding sergeant while Detective Deeks worked in robbery homicide......You even rode with Detective Deeks for a short period of time.......Is this true Lieutenant Reed? " Jacqueline asked her question then fell silent waiting for an answer. Tom was confused as to why IA was investigating Marty Deeks. Sure, Deeks wasn't a by the book kind of cop, but then neither was Tom. " Yes........I was Marty Deeks commanding sergeant during his time with robbery homicide and yes we rode together for a few weeks......Now could you tell me........" Tom spoke before being cut off by Jacqueline. She turned her attention fully on Evie. " I've heard you and Detective Deeks are very close friends Sergeant Taylor. " Jacqueline spoke before stopping herself. Jacqueline was really going to show why everyone said she was a bitch. " It's funny how quickly your family moves up the ranks in this department.......Your father is the lieutenant of narcotics......Your oldest brother is the sergeant up there.......You and your brother James are sergeants here in your cozy little MCU world.......It does make one wonder how your family does all this ahead of other capable officer. " Jacqueline was very interested in seeing just how Evie would respond.

"Excuse me?" Evie said sarcastically as she was edged aside as Rivera pushed between her and Ton. She stood for a moment somewhat surprised and a lot confused. What on earth did this woman want. She looked across at James and Kim who were easing out of their seats just as confused. Tom motioned for them both to sit down as he followed close on Rivera's heels. Evie fell in behind Tom, looking over again to James as he commented that they were busted. She shrugged and held up her hands a little in a 'I have no idea what this is about' gesture.

When Evie stepped into Tom's office, Rivera was already sitting down. In Tom's chair. Evie looked back at Tom and smirked. Shaking her head a little, knowing that this wasn't going to end well. No-one sat in Tom's chair. As Tom quietly and firmly spoke to Rivera, Evie leaned back on the door frame and folded her arms. She watched as Tom and Rivera changed places and then as Riveria opened her bag. Mention of Deeks' name made Evie stand up straight and unfold her arms. She felt her heart quicken a little and she swallowed hard. They had said it would only be a matter of time. Deeks had told her...one day...one day they would come. She kept her face expressionless as Rivera questioned Tom and then turned to her. Evie wasn't quick to respond to Rivera's barbed comment. She smiled...chuckled softly.

"Yeah...we are close friends...but I guess that's a relationship that you wouldn't have any experience of. 'Close friends' I mean. Oh I'm sorry, that's probably not even a word you understand is it. A ... 'Friend' is a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.' And... If Steve or James or I had been looking for fast, unwarranted promotions, then we would have sold our souls to the devil and signed on for IA!" Evie took a step towards Rivera.

"You know why cops hate IA?" She waited a minute and got only silence from Rivera. "You don't investigate. You couldn't run an investigation if your life depended on it. You conduct witch hunts and you don't care if there is any merit in what you do, because there is a nice juicy promotion waiting at the end of it." The two women stared at each other for a moment. Evie could see Rivera's anger rising. Evie smiled again and folded her arms once more. "I am a frind of Martin Deeks. He's a damn good cop. Why are you asking?"

Tom leaned forwards on his desk when Evie started to rip into Detective Rivera. The detective sat there glaring at Evie. She wanted to see just how Evie reacted and she got it. From where Tom was sitting. He could see that James & Kim had left their desks. They found reasons for being close to Tom's officer door. It gave them a better chance to hear what was being said inside. Tom watched Evie unload. It didn't happen very often, but Evie could get really going when someone pushed her enough. Jacqueline was tapping her pen against her notebook while Evie's words cut deep. She knew of how other police officers felt about those who worked in internal affairs. Jacqueline thought IA cops got a bad wrap. Someone had to oversee what other cops did. There must be accountable for actions taken by those who wear a badge and work the streets. Not all cops were dirty. But, there were enough to keep internal affairs very busy. Deeks was just the latest to end up on their radar. Something in his past was coming back to haunt him. It was something Deeks wasn't willingly to speak about. Not even to his partner, Special Agent Kensi Blye of the NCIS: Office of Special Project. Whether Deeks was hoping IA would find nothing, or just give up was unclear. His current troubles had become known to his close friend Evie and to Tom.

Jacqueline fought back the urge to spit out some curse words after Evie had finished. She jotted down a few notes instead. " So.......You admit to being close with Detective Deeks........Just how close were you?......Close like you and Lieutenant Reed are now?.......It must be nice to go home and fuck your boss every night.....Did you and Deeks fuck often!?.....Did you give him blow jobs!?.....Let him fuck you in the ass!?........Or wasn't he a high enough rank!?......." Jacqueline almost snarled out her words while she finished writing. She then rose to her feet quickly to face Evie. Both women staring each other in the eye. By now, James & Kim were no longer trying to hide the fact that they were listening. Both stood outside, watching and waiting for what would happen next. Detective Rivera was showing a lot of balls coming in the way she did and speaking in the manner she was. But, she was IA and IA did whatever was needed to weed out dirty cops. Jacqueline was sure she found a dirty cop in Marty Deeks. If she could link Evie or Tom to the investigation. She may even be able to bring down the whole MCU team. Doing that would put a feather in her cap.

James stiffened a little and watched his sister. He half expected her to simply throw a punch and lay Rivera out. But Evie wasn't going to give Rivera the satisfaction. Everything she had ever seen or heard about IA had just been confirmed by Rivera right then. Incite an aggressive reaction and use that as proof of whatever the allegation might be. No investigation needed. No evidence required. Evie took a deep breath and she took a step closer. The gap between the two women narrowed. They were about the same height and there was very little visible difference between them in terms of likely strength. Rivera was possibly the only person in the MCU who thought she'd have a chance against Evie should a show of physical strength be needed. IA spent almost all of their time of their asses looking at paperwork and generating more. They didn't have to train for the street... and they certainly didn't get the kind of training Evie had had.

"My my. Don't you have a vulgar little mind. Usually we don't get that kind of language in our place of work. I'm sure the PD has a very clear policy about respect and dignity in the workplace. Sexual harassment is a disciplinary offence and I'm pretty sure that your question falls foul of that. But you know what... In the spirit of cooperation... No. I've never slept with Martin Deeks. And I don't fuck over my colleagues for a promotion - that's IA's field of expertise."

Kim stood, just a few feet away from James. Her eyes locked on Evie and the IA woman. Kim fully expected to see Evie knock that bitch on her ass. No one would blame her for doing it. In fact, such a move would make Evie very popular among the street cops. Not that she needed to be any more popular then she was. Kim was clutching a file tightly in her hands. She could see the two women face to face. Inside the office, Tom remained silent. Despite Jacqueline having used his relationship with Evie in her current line of questioning. Tom decided to let Evie continue. She was doing such a fine job standing up to Detective Rivera. And it was nice seeing Evie so worked up. She was damn hot when she got angry. Tom's eyes shifted from Evie, back to Jacqueline. Evie just finished her response, it was Jacqueline's turn. She flashed a smirk at Evie. " No.......You don't fuck over your colleagues.......You just fuck them!......And from what I hear........Everything else that comes your way! " Jacqueline growled out. She knew all about Evie being a bad ass. Evie was the current female MMA Champion of Los Angeles County. She even had a real title belt to prove this as fact. It was currently hanging on the wall in the bedroom she shared with Tom on the boat.

" I will find what Detective Deeks has been hiding........And if I can link you or any member of the MCU to his activities......I'll have everyone involved brought up on charges.......Your team of untouchables won't be able to hide behind your immunity from prosecution then........Must be nice having the governor in your back pocket........I'm sure you had nothing to do with the MCU getting such a gift. " Jacqueline added before an idea came to her. Since Evie was the current champion and since Evie had no current challenger. Jacqueline would give her one. " Word says.......You're one tough bitch......After taking down Cahill.......No one wants to fight you......So......If you got the guts to put your title on the line.......I'll step into octagon with you. " Jacqueline spoke before taking a step backwards and crossing her arms. She waited for Evie's reply. Tom was more then a little surprised at the challenge. He figured Detective Rivera had iron balls between her legs, or the woman was insane. It wasn't generally known that Evie had Navy Seal training. This made Evie more then a match for damn near everyone she faced. Tom's eyes shifted back towards Evie.

Of everything that had happened in the previous 5 minutes, Rivera's offer was perhaps the most surprising. Evie had felt her own ire rising and she was finding it hard not to just be done with it and put the woman down. But Evie knew she didn't have a reputation that was much worse than any other good looking female cop. McCaffrey's comments the morning after the night at the Snowman's club had been well distributed around the station house and then Webb and Pierce had reinforced things. In some ways though most people had assumed that it was either exaggerated bull shit or just plain simply bull shit. The only people on the force who really knew the truth of what Rivera had said was Tom, Kim and McWilliams. And Evie knew that what Rivera was saying was based on nothing. But that didn't stop Evie wanting to shut her up. But then the challenge had come out of nowhere. Maybe Evie had presumed too much. Maybe Rivera was a little more well trained than the average IA cop. Or maybe it was just more crap. Evie couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"You want to... fight me? What? You want to beat me an MMA fight to show that you're better than me? Lady. You could beat 10 times over and you wouldn't be better than me. I don't need that kind of win to bolster up my reputation. And it certainly won't make your accusations against Marty Deeks any more true." Evie took a step forward, closing the gap that Rivera had opened up between them. "But if that's what you want... name the time and the place. You got yourself a match." In her head, a quiet voice inside was reminding her that she had barely trained seriously for a long time and that Sam and G would probably tell her that she was making promises her body might not be able to keep. She had absolutely no idea how good or otherwise Rivera was. But the louder voice simply said 'bring it on'.

Jacqueline was sure about her feelings on Deeks. She believed him to be a dirty cop. One which she would happily bring down. She was also sure about her feelings on Evie. Jacqueline hadn't seen the fight between Evie & Cahill. She heard people talk about it. Jacqueline knew people often exaggerate such things. Making them seem better then they really were. While she didn't think Evie was a pushover. She did feel Evie was to pretty to be so tough. Jacqueline wasn't trained any better then another officer within the LAPD. With the exception of Evie that is and a few males officers who were once in the military. Jacqueline felt Evie was more show then anything else. Maybe even lucky on the night she beat Cahill. Those stories told by McCaffrey, Webb and Pierce had reached her ears. Most just blew such tales off as being more fantasy then anything based in fact. Jacqueline believed there was some truth in those stories. That Evie was hiding a secret side from most of those around her. A side which loved being manhandled and treated like a whore. There was no way Jacqueline could prove that. And even if she could, it wouldn't do any harm to Evie's career. The department wouldn't fire Evie over her sexual likes.

Jacqueline had no idea when or where the fight should take place. She assumed Evie or Tom would know. Jacqueline turned her head slightly and asked Tom when the fight should take place? Tom suggested before Thanksgiving. This would allow both time to train in the gym. It would give Evie time to get back into fighting shape. Not that she was out of shape. Evie was always in great form. Her body was trim and athletic. Still, fighting took more out of a person then just normal day to day activity. Tom knew Evie would be contacting Sam Hanna of the NCIS team soon. He'd trained her for her first fight and continued working with Evie ever since. Tom set the fight date for November 21st at the LAPD academy gym. Being the middle of October and having almost a month to train, both women agreed. " When we step into that ring.......I'm gonna make you my bitch. " Jacqueline eyes flared as she spoke. She knew there was a good chance Evie was better trained then her department file said. But, the challenge had been made and accepted. There was no backing out now. Jacqueline grabbed her case, placed her notebook back inside and closed it. She told Tom they would hear from her again if there was anything in Deeks past which pointed to either him or Evie. Jacqueline then turned her attention back to Evie. " Ether way.......I'll see you in about four weeks. " Jacqueline then moved passed Evie, leaving the office. She stopped just outside the door after seeing James & Kim standing there. Jacqueline glared at them for a moment before moving on. Once Jacqueline was gone, James & Kim entered Tom's office.

Evie just laughed and shook her head a little.

"You should be careful. They say arrogance breeds contempt. You better make sure you have the skill to back it up." The two women stared at each other...glaring.... Eyes blazing. In the end it was Rivera who turned away first.it was always going to be of course; Evie could have stayed there all day. Rivera packed up her bag and walked out pausing only briefly to glare at James and Kim. As the outer office door closed, The four team members looked at each other.

"She was pleasant." James said sarcastically. "What the hell have one or both of you done to warrant her steaming in." Evie and Tom both said they had done nothing, almost in unison.

"It's Deeks she's after." Tom said.

"So why go for the MCU?" Kim asked.

"Because she's a bitch. Probably jealous that she not part of it."

"What the hell does she want with Deeks. You asked her twice Evie and she ignored it both times."

"It will be typical IA. Some bogus complaint from some con... Probably someone already in jail thanks to Martin Deeks." Tom said, still looking over to the closed door that Rivera has walked through seconds before. Martin Deeks wasn't a bent cop. He knew that. He knew it with every fibre of his being.

"Come,on. We'd better get home and then I think you have a phone call to make to Sam and G to start begging for them to train you again. You don't have much time and you've hardly been following much of a training schedule for the last few months." Tom patted Evie on the shoulder as he picked up his bag and moved past her.

"Did you have to pick a date so soon?" Evie said with a little exasperation in her voice. Evie followed Tom.

"I'll give big brother a call. And the old man. Let them know. I'm sure they'll be over the moon...or not!"

Tom and Evie left and headed to the boat. For the most part they talked about Rivera and her attitude and the fact that she seemed to really dislike Evie. But once they were back and unpacked, Tom ordered what he guessed would be their last take out until afternoon thanksgiving while Evie called Sam. They spoke for about 30 minutes with Evie telling him about Rivera and then the pair of them agreeing an initial schedule. Sam said he'd bring G in on it like before but for some of the stuff he'd get Steve on board too. He wanted Evie training twice a day. Early morning at NCIS and then after work with Steve, either pounding the streets or in the gym building stamina, fitness and speed.

Evie walked into NCIS at a little after 5.00am the following morning, dressed in gym clothes. Sam and G were both there. As they were setting up, both of them asked Evie about Rivera and what she wanted. Evie repeated what she'd said to Sam the night before. How Rivera was asking iti ally about Deeks but then started talking about taking down the MCU. How she ignored any questions about what she had or why the questions. When the asked why Rivera had gone to see them she explained how Tom had been his boss for a short time in Robbery Homicide. When Evie made it clear that she didn't have any idea about what an IA investigation would be looking for, they started the training although Evie wasn't sure that either man believed her. Good investigators had a knack of knowing when people were lying to them and Sam and Callen were very very good investigators.

Evie's training went well over the next few weeks. It took a toll on her the first few days, but like riding a bike, once you do it, you never forget. Sam worked Evie hard. He wanted her to be the very best possible. No one really thought Detective Rivera stood much of a chance going more then a couple of rounds against Evie. Kensi was brought in to spar with Evie in the gym when there were no cases to work. When the NCIS team was on the job, Steve, James, Kim, Tom, Jack, McWilliams and even Alyssa helped out. Kim & Alyssa took turns sparring with Evie. Sparring with Alyssa was very different. She didn't use the same fighting style as most police officers. Alyssa mixed hers with anything goes street fighting. This was good for Evie and Sam said Evie should spar with Alyssa more. The unpredictable nature of her fighting style was more like real combat and something Sam thought was important enough for Evie to learn how to defend against it. While training at the NCIS gym, Evie was often pulled aside during the early days. Besides Sam & Callen, others had the same questions. Evie spoke with Hetty, Kensi, Assistant Director Granger, Neil and Eric. All were worried about Deeks and wondered why IA was keeping him under a watchful eye. Evie told them the same thing she told Sam & Callen. While it worked for most, Hetty decided to call Tom.

Hetty & Tom talked for about 30 minute on what happened in his office. Tom spoke of Detective Rivera's belief that either he or Evie had some hidden information on Deeks past. IA was on another witch hunt and Deeks was their target. These things didn't normally end well for the officer in the cross hairs of IA. Tom gave his word to Hetty that he would try and keep tabs on what IA was up too. Hopefully, Tom could figure out what IA was after before they came down on Deeks. The fight was a little more then two weeks away. Sam was impressed with how well Evie was doing. She was back in fighting form quickly and was now even able to match Alyssa's unpredictable fighting style. This would benefit Evie in ways she didn't even know at the time. With no pending cases, Evie spent a little more time at the NCIS Gym. Word of her upcoming fight was already the hottest topic around the water coolers. Most of the money was on Evie to win. Steve had $200 dollars bet on his sister. The fight was being billed as the MCU vs. IA. Tom even had special t-shirts made up. These were LAPD blue with MCU spelled out in big bold yellow letters on the front. On the back, also in yellow letter was Team Evie. Everyone taking part in Evie's training got one. A few others also got t-shirts. The chief, the central station captain, the governor, Rusty who owned Malone's Bar and Rick Reed. Each member of the NCIS team would also have shirts.

Late one morning, Evie just finished training with Sam & Callen. She felt very ready for anything by this point. Gone was the thought that Tom should have made the fight for after Thanksgiving. Evie was certainly ready to fight now. She left NCIS HQ around 10:30 am. Evie was on her way for a shower at the central station before going to the MCU squad room. While on route, Evie came acrossed what seemed like a minor car wreck. Two men stood near their cars and it looked like things between them could come to blows. Evie pulled over and parked. There was no police officers on scene, besides her. She decided to check it out before calling it in. It seemed like something Evie could handle on her own. She would calm the men down. Get them to exchange information and send them on their ways. What Evie didn't know, a van had been following her since she left NCIS. This van was still lurking behind her, ready to strike when the time was right.

The training was hard. Sam never made anything easy - she would never have expected him to but he seemed to be pushing harder than ever. But it was doing wonders for her. Evie had always been reasonably athletic and there were times in her life when she had been very fit. But at this moment... she was - as Deeks had said a couple of days ago - ripped. She had lost 15lbs, had better muscle definition than she had ever had before, and was running quicker and for longer than ever before. There were even moments... every now and then... when she matched Sam and on three separate occasions now she had put him on his rear. The first time had taken everyone by surprise; even Evie asked whether Sam had just tripped. To his credit he openly said he hadn't. Told her it was all her... and his training. She gave Steve a good run for his money although she knew he was literally pulling his punches. She could move quicker than him and she could throw a pretty good punch herself but there was no doubt that if he threw a full punch and contacted, she would be out cold. But no-one knew anything about Rivera. No-one had seen her fight or train. No-one had any idea about her strengths or more importantly her weaknesses. So Sam had Evie fighting everyone he knew... everyone Steve knew. The morning session was usually high intensity interval training followed by a 10km run. By the end of it, her body was drenched, her muscles were fatigued but her mind was clear and focused and she was buzzed on all the endorphins that were now coursing through her body. After a quick change of t-shirt, she said goodbye to Sam and G and climbed into the Mustang.

She had been driving about 15 minutes when she saw the minor car accident ahead and the two guys engaged in a heated conversation. She pulled up behind the second car and then reached into her bag for her ID. She climbed out of the car and walked over, already opening her badge.

"Hey guys... are you both okay. LAPD" she walked over to them, both of them half ready to tell her to mind her own business until she shows her badge and ID'd herself. "Its just a car. How about you just exchange details... let the insurance companies argue about it... that's what you pay them for right... to be on your side when things like this happen."

The accident was staged to stop Evie. Being a good cop and keeper of the peace, it was believed she would stop. Evie was a detective and traffic control wasn't what she normally did these days. Still, was a an officer of the law and the only one in the area. The accident was nothing more then a fender bender. However, the two men were putting on quite a show. Making it seem like they were about to through down. Both calmed themselves once Evie flashed her badge. They kept her attention on them by blaming each other. This allowed the dark van to move closer and stop beside the Mustang. The side door opened, four men jumped out. One held a black cloth bag, another had a rag in his gloved hand. The man with the rag came up from behind Evie, clamping his hand and the rag tightly over Evie's mouth & nose. There was a struggle, the two remaining men came up, grabbing onto her arms. The two men with the cars were each tossed an envelope holding cash. They just earned themselves a payday. Evie continued to struggle, but the fight was leaving her quickly. The chloroform rag was doing it's job. Once Evie went limp, the bag was placed over her head, her arms were duct taped together by the wrists. Evie was picked up and placed inside the van. One of the men moved her car to the side of the street. He then jumped inside the van which took off quickly.

A short time later, inside an old warehouse once used by Hollywood studies for their props. Evie was sitting in a chair. The black bag still over her head. Her legs taped to the legs of the chair. Her arms taped to the back of the chair behind her. She was surrounded by three Chinese men dressed in black. One moved over, grabbed the bag and yanked it from Evie's head. She was beginning to stir now. He pulled his cell phone, pressed a button then spoke Chinese to whoever was on the other end. The man slipped his phone back into his coat. Moments later, another man dressed in a dark grey suit entered through a side door. Who he was wouldn't be known right away. It would be hard for Evie to0 focus until the cobwebs cleared inside her head. The new man approached before stopping a few feet away. He was close enough now for a clear view of his face. It was Chin Liu, the head of the Red Dragon Tong. " It's good to see you again Sergeant Taylor........And in such good shape.......This pleases me and make your survival possible. " Liu wore a broad smile as he spoke. He would make Evie and offer she couldn't refuse.

Evie was vaguely aware of something pulling up behind her; she supposed it was just people slowing to get a better look at what was happening. She barely even turned around at first; she was concentrating on the two men and struggling to understand why they couldn't just calm down a little and walk away. Then she was aware of a person behind her rather than a vehicle a few feet away. She half turned but as she did so someone grabbed her from behind. She was about to shout out but before she had a chance there was a hand... no it was cloth... it was both... a cloth held hard over her mouth and nose muffling her scream. There seemed to be so many hands on her... catching arms and legs as she lashed out in any way she could. A thick strong arm wrapped around her middle from behind. A big hand holding the cloth... holding her head against a hard upper chest and shoulder. He body writhed and twisted but she couldn't pull away and it was was becoming so hard... her legs so heavy... it was getting dark... but it was morning... harder to move... the grip so firm... She didn't see the hand over of money. She didnt see the inside of the van or even feel the hard dirty floor of it underneath her. She didn't register a single turn or manoeuvre that the van made.

It was dark when she started to get a little conscious. She needed to check the time but she needed to wake up a little more to move her arm. No... maybe Tom was lying on it and thats why she couldn't move it... Bt it didn't feel like Tom. As each second past so she gained a little more understanding of the position she was in. Sitting not lying. Not able to move her legs... or her arms... something binding her wrists and ankles. A sense of panic was starting to build. Suddenly it was light. Not bright light. Not full sunshine but still it was enough to recognise a difference from a moment ago even with her eyes still closed. Then she heard the voice. She couldn't understand... it... its wasn't English. Chinese. Mandarin maybe. Silence again. She needed to open her eyes. Needed to concentrate. Was that a door opening? She lifted her head. Eased her eyes open. Someone was approaching her. She peered ahead of her. She was sure she should know who this was. He... it was man... something familiar. His voice suddenly made her blood run cold.

'Chin Liu." she whispered hoarsely. Peering up, trying to pull her arms free. 'What the hell... is this..."

Chin Liu only served a few months on minor weapons charges. That's all the DA could stick. No one within his organization was willing to testify against him. Chin Liu's people feared him that much. They didn't believe the promise of protection made by the DA's office. Chin Liu was a powerful man. His criminal organization stretched from Los Angeles, acrossed the Pacific Ocean to China. His tong was as powerful as the Japanese Yakuza. Maybe not as well known, but just as ruthless. Chin Liu was running the tong alone. His older brother was now a guest of the American Government. Having been put away by the MCU and the LAPD Narcotics Division. General Liu was currently residing at the super max prison in Colorado. Much to his younger brother's delight. This gave Chin the chance to run everything. It gave him all the power. He was expanding his operations into new areas. Making new business partners long the way.

Around Evie were clear signs of what type of place she was in. Boxes marked with names of studies. Other items stacked or hanging from the walls and ceiling. A giant octopus once used in an old horror movie now hung down from above, like some alien spider. Chin Liu stood smiling as Evie remembered him. Part of him felt proud that she would know him, even in her fading fog. But, one should remember a man they plotted to kill. " This is a meeting........I knew you would never except and offer for tea........So......I needed to have you brought here by other means.......I see you're getting back into fighting shape......That good........You'll need to be fit.......I have an offer for you to fight.....One which will be broadcast all over the world by the internet. " Liu spoke while standing before Evie. His fine clothing on display for her. A reminder that being in jail didn't hurt him or his tong.

Liu began slowly moving around in front of Evie. He spoke of starting a new business a short time ago. An underground fight club broadcast over the internet. What made Liu's fight club different from others, was his was a true death match. A battle until one was dead. There was money to be made in death. The first few fights had made Liu and his partners a lot of cash. The last featured a female DEA agent, kidnapped and forced to fight. Sadly, she didn't win. Liu smiled again at Evie. He said what truly made his death matches special, was the special people who took part in them. Liu spoke of using all types of law enforcement officers. They would fight the underworld's best. Member's of street gangs, killers from some of the most power criminal organizations in the world. " Everyone loves a battle between good and evil.........It's a real moneymaker. " Liu's pride of his new venture was clear on his face. He then spoke of selecting Evie personally to take part in the next fight. " It's the LAPD against a member of the Warlords. " Liu held his hands out like some showman. The group he spoke of was an outlaw biker gang. Known for making Meth, dealing weapons and killing for hire.

Evie quietly strained against the binding at her wrists as she sat unable to do anything but watch Liu as he walked back and forth in front of her.

"Let me up and I'll show you how much fitter I am." Liu ignored her quip. Her eyes followed him as she remembered the last time she saw him... Remembered the gallery opening and how she felt as James stepped in a saved her from herself. Perhaps more than anyone else, she loathed Chin Liu. He had come closer than anyone to destroying her family... To destroying her. Then her brain started to register what he was saying. She couldn't hide the surprise on her face. The surprise and disgust.

"You're insane." She was trying to imagine how this might play out... Images from fight club and Rocky merged into some violent horror show. The Warlords were not pleasant individuals. She shook her head. "I won't do it. I can't imagine your paying audience will be too happy with a non fight."

Chin Liu expected Evie to turned down his offer of taking part in the fight. It wasn't like they were close friends and he was asking her a favor. Liu knew how much Evie hated him. She hated him enough to come up with a plot to kill him, in public no less. They were far from being friendly in any sense of the word. Liu was ready with his incentive. Something he was sure would make Evie take part in his death match. " My paying audience will be very happy because you will fight and do so willingly. " Liu continued moving around while speaking. He spoke of having a trump card up his sleeve. One which would make Evie very willingly to take part in his fight club. " Police officers are very proud when they get their badges.......So proud that taking one away from an officer is a big deal........Just like a slap acrossed the face. " While speaking, Liu was fishing around his pocket. He soon pulled out a badge. From the shape, it looked like an LAPD badge. It's color spoke of the owner being a patrol officer and not a detective.

Liu was several feet away when he held the badge up. It wasn't close enough for Evie to see the number, so the owner was still unknown. " The owner of this badge put up quite a fight.......In fact.......She was a real wild cat.......It took five of my men to subdue her before the badge could be removed from her uniform. " Liu was smiling while telling Evie the story behind how this badge came into his hands. His smile grew wider as he started moving closer. " I'm sure you'll know the badge number........It's one you've seen many times. " Liu came close enough for Evie to focus on the number 10332. The badge held in Chin Liu's hand belonged to Alyssa Reed, Tom's daughter. " Is Officer Reed's life enough to make you fight?..........Would you fight to save her life?.......You hold her life in your hands........If you don't wish to fight........Then I'll cut my losses buy selling her...........She's very pretty and would fetch a handsome price on the slave market. " Liu wouldn't hesitate to sell Alyssa to some Arab or Asian man looking to buy an American female for sex. " Before I sell her.......I would have to sample the goods for myself........I'll bet she'd a wild one in bed. " Liu laughed after speaking. He stood waiting for Evie to speak.

Evie stared at him, her head aching, her shoulders aching as she continued to strain against the tape. Nothing was giving way. She kept watching him as he moved back and forth in front of her. She was struggling to imagine anything that would make her willingly join in with Liu's current money making scheme. She then looked puzzled as Liu seemed to change the subject. She was struggling to see the relevance of cops getting their badges. Even when he showed her the silver badge... a badge she knew well having worn it for five years Her gaze shifted a little between it and Liu's grinning smug face.

And then she knew what Liu was saying. She knew before she could fully make out the numbers. As soon as he said the owner was female and was a wild cat. When seesaw the number it merely confirmed what she already knew.

"You SON of a bitch. You leave her alone. She has NOTHING to do with this." Evie suddenly struggled hard against the restraints, pulling and twisting, rocking the chair a little off its feet a little but not enough to tip over. Liu simply stood and watched and smiled. Then as suddenly as she had started Evie stopped... her bonds no loser than they had been. Breathing a little more heavily that usual, looking up at Liu.

"Let her go." Evie spoke quietly. "Let her go and you'll get your fight. You have my word... but only if you let her go. You so much as break one of her nails and I swear..."

Chin Liu was amused by Evie's reaction. She showed how much fight was held within her. How worked up and pissed off Evie could become. This pleased him. Knowing that such a performance during the show would make the ratings grow through the roof. It was just the type of spirit his customers wanted to see. However, Evie's demands fell on deaf ears. She had no say in what happened to Alyssa. All she could do was take part in Liu's death match. Chin Liu laughed after Evie spoke of letting Alyssa go. " She's my trump card......Having her will keep you tamed. " Liu said while slowly moving towards Evie. " If you want her freed.....You must win the fight.....You must kill your opponent......If you fail to do so......Pretty Alyssa will pay dearly. " Liu spoke while looking down on Evie. He again hinted at the things that could and would happen to Alyssa. " Your fight is tonight......Here at this same warehouse.......And don't even ask to see Alyssa......She will be kept hidden away until you win........If you win. " Chin Liu said before snapping his fingers. He then spoke to his men in Chinese. Liu smiled down at Evie while saying he would see her again soon.

Chin Liu left Evie alone. Once he was gone from the room, Evie was released from her chair. A man pointed at a room, about 20 feet from where Evie sat now. He said that room was for her to relax in. She could also warm up in that room. It was setup for her, everything she would need, was there. Several others had guns out, just in case Evie would try something. The man told Evie, if she was smart, she would save herself for the fight and not try anything.

At the Central Station, Tom was in his office doing some work on his computer. He received a phone call from Sergeant Pete Malloy. Alyssa's training officer and current partner. He told Tom about Alyssa not showing up for work that morning. Pete wondered if she was sick or something had come up. Tom had no clue as to why Alyssa wasn't at work. He hadn't spoken to his daughter since yesterday morning. She & Pete had the night shift last evening. Today, they were on a day patrol. Tom told Pete, he'd look into it. After checking the time, Tom tried to call his daughter. There was no answer on her cell phone. Tom then called for James & Kim to come into his office. He asked them to head over to Alyssa's apartment and see if she was there. He gave them a spare key so they could check the apartment. James & Kim left. Tom again looked at his watch. He the dialed Evie's number. She had been working out at the NCIS gym with Sam & Callen that morning. He'd been expecting her, but she hadn't come into work yet. As with Alyssa's phone, there was no answer on Evie's. Both phones went right to voice mail. Tom nervously tapped his finger on his desk. Something was very wrong. Tom could feel it in his gut. Both Evie & Alyssa weren't answering their phones.

Tom pushed his chair back before standing up. He quickly left his office and the MCU squad room. Tom headed down to dispatch, where they could locate any police car. Despite being a personal car. Evie's mustang was outfitted as a police car would be. It had lights, siren, a police radio and a low jack system. This would allow dispatch to know right where Evie's car was parked. Once Tom had the location, he took off in his unmarked car. Tom called for the nearest patrol unit to move in as backup. The unit reached the scene minutes before Tom arrived. Nothing seemed out of place. Other then the fact, Evie left her car parked on the street and she was nowhere in sight. Tom told the officers to stay on scene. He would be sending the crime scene techs around to go over the car. Tom left, heading for Evie's last known location. He arrived at the NCIS OSP Headquarters. After entering, Tom was greeted by Hetty and Assistant Director Granger. Both had been in ops when Tom approached the building. Tom spoke of Evie not arriving at work and not answering her phone. This made Hetty concerned. She knew Evie had been in the gym with Callen & Sam. The small group went to where the main teams had their desks. Each of the team members was there. Sam said Evie trained that morning. He said she left once the workout was over. Hetty called Eric & Neil. She told them to go over the security footage from around the headquarters and the surrounding area. There was hope they could see where Evie had gone and what may have happened to her.

Evie knew that her attempt to bargain for Alyssa's freedom was pointless. Liu was holding all of the cards and at that moment they were all aces. She had no choice but to comply. She glared at Liu as he walked out of the room and then shifted her attention to the men left with her. One started to undo her bonds, her ankles irst and then he moved up to her wrists. Another stood a few feet in front of her watching her closely, smirking. A third and fourth stood some distance away, hands folded in front of them but holding small arms. Evie thought they were berettas but they were Type 72s - small pistols favoured by the Chinese military. She stood up slowly rubbing her wrists. Her mind was racing trying to find a way out but there was nothing. The were too many of Liu's men with her for a start and she was not prepared to run the risk that one of them would shoot her despite the fact that Liu would lose his fight. Then she was aware of one of the men pointing to a second doorway and speaking English but with a very thick Chinese accent. She looked across. A second man was opening the door for her, almost inviting her in. She stepped towards it, conscious of the other men in the room moving with her but maintaining their distances.

The room was huge. There were no windows but huge skylights lit the room with day light. There was a metal bed in one corner, a bare mattress. A chair was next to it and a bench ran along one wall. There was another door and Evie could see the edge of a sink and she guessed it was a bathroom. Back in the main room, on the opposite side to the bed and chair, there was large black bag hanging from the ceiling. Beyond it was a table. Gloves and tape were set out long with what Evie guessed was basic black fitting gear...shorts....a cropped vest. There was also a pack of a dozen or so bottles of water and a bowl of fresh fruit. She stepped into the room slowly, looking around. From what she could see at that moment, there was no way out. Her only choice... For her and Alyssa ... Was to fight and to win.

Eric & Neil found traffic cam footage of Evie getting kidnapped. They called everyone up to ops for a look at what was found. The footage showed Evie stopping her car at what seemed like a traffic accident. Tom said that was the same area her car was found in. Only, her car was parked, like someone had moved it. Eric pointed the van slowly coming into view. Everyone watched as several men jumped out and took Evie down. One of the men was seen moving Evie's car to the spot where it was found later. Evie was taken into the van before it pulled away. Neil spoke of how they were still going through more traffic footage. Hoping to find the van somewhere else in the city. Tom asked if they had anything on the two men posing as accident victims? Neil smiled while saying both were low level street criminals. Stealing hand bags, picking pockets, shaking down tourists, mostly petty crimes. Neil gave Tom both names, then Eric pointed out how the men just drove away after it was all over. Callen spoke up saying it was a trap. " Someone set this up........Knowing Evie would be traveling through that area. " Callen added before Sam said whoever it was, must have been following Evie for days to know what route she took back to the station.

Tom's cell phone went off. He'd hoped Evie would be on the other end. It was only James with more bad news. James told Tom, there was no sign of Alyssa at her apartment. It appeared as if she hadn't come home from work last night. The only uniforms he & Kim found were clean ones. There was no sign of the one she would have worn the night before. Tom asked James to check with the neighbors. He also wanted Kim to put out an APB on Alyssa's car. Not being a police unit, it wouldn't be as easy to find as Evie's car was.
As Tom hung up his phone, his face showed the worry he had. Sam asked what else was going on. Tom said besides Evie missing, his daughter had vanished. He said no one has seen her since she left the station last night. Callen asked about a boyfriend? Tom shook his head while saying he spoke with Jason before arriving here. The young firefighter hadn't seen Alyssa since yesterday afternoon, before she started her shift. Deeks asked if both Evie & Alyssa could be linked? He suggested that whoever took one, may have taken the other. This already ran through Tom's mind. However, Tom couldn't think of anyone who would want both Evie & Alyssa. Deeks spoke of the possibility, that whoever had one took the other as leverage. To make either Evie or Alyssa do something they didn't want to do. The room was silent. Everyone knew Deeks may have hit the nail on the head. His idea fit the available facts.

They didn't have much to go on. Whoever planned this out, did so with great care. They made sure not to expose too much. Tom pressed a button on his phone before raising it up to his ear. " We need to meet......I'll be at the ABM parking garage on South Broadway in about 30 minutes. " Tom said before hanging up. He spoke of knowing someone who may be able to help. Hetty told Tom he could count on them if they were needed. Tom thanked her and her team. They had already helped, but knowing they were ready to add more aid was a comfort. Tom said he would call when they knew more. He left the Office of Special Projects for his downtown meeting.

Evie was in her room for sometime, but she was never left alone. Liu had three men watching her to make sure she didn't try anything. Evie was free to eat, relax and even work out. The men watching her had orders not to touch her, or bother her unless she tried to escape. Evie was free to do whatever she needed to be ready for the fight that evening. 30 minutes into her stay, Evie got a visitor. Someone who bet heavily on her winning the fight. He knew how talented she really was. This man had inside information which only a family member could have. The door to her room opened, Ron Reed stepped in grinning from ear to ear. " You're looking in great shape Evie.......But then.....You were always in great shape......All those special workouts you get from your friends at NCIS have paid off. " Ron said while moving into the room. Behind him was his bodyguard, Vincent "Vin" Underwood, known in the underworld of crime as "The Undertaker". Vin got the nickname because he was ruthless and a cold blooded killer. Ron stood grinning at her. His eyes moving every inch of Evie's figure. Ron never hid the fact that he looked her over like a piece of meat. Today was no different. When it came to Evie, Ron always liked what he saw.

Evie sat on a bench trying to work out what to do. There was no obvious way out and as long as Liu had Alysha Evie wouldn't leave anyway. It had to be both of them. She looked around. A table of fruit and fruit drinks. Healthy foods that even Sam would approve of. She could feel that she had already stiffened up since the work out this morning. She was supposed to shower. Relax. There was no visible sign of a shower here, but that wasn't somewhere she wanted to go at that moment. She needed to try and loosen up though if she was going to fight that night. She looked at the bag hanging from the ceiling and thought about spending some time on that, but before she decided anything, she had a visitor. It was possibly the last person she expected to see. She stood up as he appeared in the door way.

"You have got to be kidding me. You're involved in this... " she shook her head as she saw him grinning. Her gaze shifted for a moment to the man behind him - someone she had never seen before and who she was in no rush to ever see again. She had heard reference to Ron's bodyguard but had never seen a picture of him, so assuming it was him was logical guesswork. She shifted a little on her feet as she saw Ron look her up and down slowly.

"You're making a mistake Ron. Getting mixed up with Liu is not a good move." Ron laughed.

"I don't think you are in any position to tell me what is and what is not a good move." He stepped closer to her. He was a similar height to Tom and he dominated Evie with his height. He lifted one hand and drew a finger slowly down her cheek, feeling it soft and warm. Evie snapped her head away and stepped back. Ron laughed.

"Be very careful Evelyn. You don't want to upset my colleague here. Mr. Underwood is not fond of police officers - even ones who look like you do. They don't usually look that good by the time he has finished with them if you get my meaning." Evie looked across again to the man who was now moving from behind Ron to her side.

"Evelyn. Listen to me." Evie looked back. "All you have to worry about is winning. Not only will that keep you and my second cousin alive, but also you will win me an awful lot of money. And I care about that very much." He moved to stroke her check again but this time, when Evie went to pull away, Ron grabbed hold of her jaw. He looked sternly at her for a moment and then as he felt her relax a little, he smiled. I can see what my cousin sees in you. I bet he has a great time enjoying the delights that you have to offer. Win tonight and perhaps I will taste a few of those delights."

"Over my dead body." Ron smiled.

"Be careful what you wish for my dear."

Vin never was invited to any of the Reed family functions. He never attended any family gathering or holiday parties. So, it was unlikely that Evie would know him, unless she happened to have seen his criminal record. Vin had several police files which spoke of his past. He was known to the New York City PD, the Chicago PD, the Miami PD and Detroit Police Department. Each had files which spoke of the crimes Vin committed in the past. Including, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, breaking & entering, robbery, burglary, assault of a police officer and arson. Each of the crimes Vin committed were done multiple times. He was suspected of multiple murders, but no one could pin anything on him. Vin had been convicted many times on his other crimes and served several years behind bars. This all starting at the age of sixteen. The scowling man, staring at Evie was a harden man in his mid 40's. A man devoid of a soul. Incapable of showing mercy to anyone. He was loyal to only Ron Reed and would do whatever Ron asked of him.

Ron was smitten with Evie. He always wanted her. From the first moment Ron laid eyes on her, he wanted to have her. To make her squeal with delight. Ron loved taking things he couldn't have. His whole life was built around taking what belonged to other people. Ron didn't see Evie as being anything different. She was something he didn't have, yet wanted. Given the chance, Ron would take Evie. However, that wouldn't happen today. There was one thing more important to Ron and that was money. With money, came power. Ron had bet heavily on Evie to win the fight. Having inside information on who trained her. Ron knew Evie very capable of beating the member of a biker gang. The only reason why the Warlords were picked. The gang had a recent altercation with the LAPD. It was all over the news and served as promotion for the up coming fight. It didn't matter that Evie and the MCU weren't involved with the incident. She carried an LAPD badge and that was good enough. Plus, Chin Liu was looking forward to seeing Evie once again. She'd worked so hard to put him behind bars. Only so he could serve a fraction of the time.

Hearing Evie say that getting mixed up with Chin Liu wasn't a good idea, did make Ron laugh. He didn't know she cared so much for his well being. Evie had always been cold, kept herself away from him as much as possible. Perhaps, she secretly wanted him as much as he wanted her? Maybe, someday Ron would test that theory. Ron reminded Evie that winning was her only hope. And thus, Alyssa's only hope. Ron flashed her a charming smile while wishing her luck. He turned and walked away from Evie. Vin following close behind. The two men left the room, leaving Evie and her babysitters. One of Liu's men asked if Evie needed anything? She was allowed to have almost anything she wanted. If a shower was what she desired most. A hose could be run into the room and strung up to the ceiling. Evie would have to shower in front of Liu's men. She wasn't allowed to be alone. It would be safe for Evie to do this. Liu's men had orders not to touch Evie in anyway unless she tried to escape or get a message out.

Tom pulled into the ABM parking garage. He drove to the third level before parking. It wasn't long before Tom was joined in his car by T-Bone. Tom told his street informant what was happening. He then asked T-Bone what was happening around town? T-Bone spoke of several things he'd heard on the street. However, none seemed to fit with why Evie & Alyssa were missing. Tom got a call from Neil at NCIS. She told Tom how they found the van on traffic cameras. She said the van was last seen in the warehouse district before it was lost again. After hanging up with Neil, Tom asked T-Bone if anything was going on down there. T-Bone couldn't think of anything, then it hit him. He spoke of an underground fight club. One which pitted law enforcement against the criminal underworld. " Evie's old friend Chin Liu is running that show........He kidnaps people close to whatever law enforcement agency will draw the most attention........Liu then makes them fight for the life of their loved one. " T-Bone's words made Tom go pale. It made sense that Liu would grab Alyssa then go after Evie. T-Bone said this fight club was just getting started. They'd only broadcasted a couple of fights so far on the deep web. This was the dark underbelly of the world wide web which people used everyday. A place used by terrorists and criminals for illegal activity. T-Bone then spoke of a fight happening tonight. He didn't know where, but T-Bone was sure he could find out. Tom asked him to make it quick. T-Bone left the car and left Tom waiting. Tom hated waiting. There was no telling what Evie & Alyssa were going through right now. T-Bone returned with good news and bad news. The good news, he found out where the fight was taking place. The bad news, the fight was starting in less then an hour. Tom burned rubber leaving the garage. He didn't even let T-Bone go. Tom felt T-Bone could be useful getting inside. If they went in like gangbusters. Evie & Alyssa could get hurt or even killed. They needed to strike at the warehouse with great care.

Evie watched Ron and his thug leave the room. She stood for a moment and then caught herself. It was clear at least for the moment that the fight was her only option... and she needed to win. She had to take this seriously. She looked around. Saw Liu's men all looking back at her. One of them asked if she needed anything. She knew that what she really wanted was never going to happen. She hesitated for a moment.

"How long until the fight?"

One of the men looked at his watch and told her 'one hour'. She shook her head. "I need to warm up... before the fight... loosen my muscles..." She had had no really warm down from this morning's session at the NCIS centre. She could feel a little stiffness in her legs and her shoulders. She needed to work that out before she stepped into the cage. She looked around. At the far end of the bench there was a small pile of clothes next to a pair of MMA gloves.. her own gloves. Evie guessed that it was what she was expected to wear. She walked over and picked up was she though was a t-shirt. In fact it was a vest, tight, fitted, cropped. Across the front, the letters LAPD had been roughly stencilled. It was definitely not an official item of LAPD clothing. Evie wondered whether there was one for each of the law enforcement services... she guessed it was to make it clear to the 'viewing public' who the good guys/bad guys were. She took a deep breath and looked at her guards who were grinning back at her. Still on the bench was a pair of shorts and on the floor she noticed her own boots. Evie guessed that Liu had taken them and the gloves from the bag she had on the passenger seat of her car. One of the guards told her that she should change just before she went out.

Evie spent 30 minutes, stretching, working with the bag and generally loosening herself up. All the time the guards watched. And then when the time came to get changed, still they watched. The best Evie could do was turn her back to them.

Evie had no idea of what was happening outside. She had no idea of the people who were arriving. The audience would be relatively small. All paying very high prices. But the bulk of the money would come in the revenues from the video. There were eight cameras set up around the cage and two overhead. Nothing was going to be missed.

Time was running out. The fight would start in less then one hour. Tom quickly came up with a plan. He would send T-Bone inside, with an earwig communication device provided by NCIS. Tom quickly called Sam & Callen to get the ball rolling. They, along with Kensi & Deeks would provide backup. Tom didn't want SWAT involved. He felt they could jump the gun and that would put Evie & Alyssa in danger. Tom couldn't allow that to happen. Just as he couldn't allow this fight to go on. Chin Liu's fights were just becoming a big deal online. Those attending the fight live, were a small group, who paid a fee. Chin Liu made most of his money by online viewership and from selling dvd's of the fight. He knew there was a real chance Evie could win the fight. They had faced each other in a street fight before Chin was arrested. He came to respect her abilities as a fighter. The training she received was clearly not normal LAPD hand to hand. The fact that Evie had learned how to fight like a US Navy Seal was impressive. Chin Liu had thoughts of keeping Evie around if she won. This meant he would have to keep Alyssa as well. Not an easy task. Keeping two LAPD officers as prisoners. If he did so, Chin would need to move his base of operations out of the city.

Tom & T-Bone met up with Sam, Callen, Deeks and Kensi two blocks from the warehouse Chin Liu was using. He told the NCIS team of T-Bone going inside, undercover. They provided two earwigs. One for T-Bone and one which he would slip to Evie. Tom was able to get some fast cash from his father. This would get T-Bone inside. From there, T-Bone would have to talk his way to seeing Evie before the fight started. Sam wasn't overly thrilled with the next part of Tom's plan. He needed to give his car over to T-Bone. A nice looking car was needed, and Evie's mustang was out of the question. Sam gave T-Bone the keys, but only after Tom promised to cover any damages done to the car. Once Tom agreed, T-Bone climbed in and started the engine. He grinned while telling everyone not to worry. T-Bone then pealed out, leaving black marks on the street. Sam cringed before looking at Tom. " I'm gonna keep a running tab.......Starting with a set of new tires. " Sam said while Tom shook his head.

T-Bone pulled the car up to the warehouse doors and tapped on the horn. The doors opened, T-Bone drove inside. He could see several limos and motorcycles were already parked inside. T-Bone parked the car, then climbed out. He was greeted by several Chinese men. Two were large, the third was shorter. T-Bone was searched by the tugs before anything else happened. The shorter man asked who T-Bone and if he had the fee. T-Bone introduced himself as Tyrone Johnson. He then pulled a wad of cash out and handed the fee over. The shorter man then told T-Bone where the drinks and where he could make bets on the fight. This was just the break T-Bone needed. He acted cool while the man pointed everything out. T-Bone then asked to see the fighters before he made any bets. The shorter man started to say there was little time before the fight started, but T-Bone wouldn't let it go. He spoke of making no bets unless he could look the fighters over. The shorter man looked at his watch before agreeing. In Chinese, he told the two larger men to take T-Bone to where he could see the fighters. The biker wasn't kept in a room like Evie. He was standing with his friends, drinking a beer. The man was big, but Evie had taken on big men before. Yes, this fight was between a male biker and Evie.

Evie just had enough time to changed before the door opened. A Chinese man popped his head inside and spoke to one of the guards watching Evie. There was a whispered conversation between the men before T-Bone was allowed into the room. Seeing him dressed in a suit would bring back memories of the last time T-Bone worked undercover with Evie. They'd worked together during the string operation to bring down Leon Jackson's illegal gambling den. T-Bone strutted into the room. Acting more like a pimp then a businessman. He grinned after catching sight of Evie. " Now that is what I call a cop! " T-Bone said while slowly moving towards Evie. His eyes moving up and down her body. Remembering the time they shared together in the shower. " You are a fine looking piece of ass honey.........I was going to bet on the biker.........But after seeing you with my own eyes.......I'm damn sure puttin some money down on you. " T-Bone added while continuing to move closer. He slowly started circling Evie. Waiting for the right moment to pass her the earwig. T-Bone reached out and grabbed Evie's ass. Her reaction made Chin Liu's men laugh. T-Bone was able to take Evie's hand, raising it to his mouth and kissed the back. While doing so, he was able to palm the earwig from his to hers. On the other end of the earwig was Neal & Eric back at the NCIS office, along with Tom and the others now moving towards the warehouse. All Evie needed now was the chance to slip it into her ear. Her chance was standing in front of her. T-Bone spoke of being sure Evie had some people outside who would bet on her. With his back facing Chin Liu's men, T-Bone mouthed the words "Push me down". This was draw the attention of Chin's men from Evie long enough for her to place the earwig in her ear.

As Evie pulled down the cropped top over her tits, she was aware of the door opening. The outfit was more like that worn by the girls who walked around the ring between the rounds at a boxing match but it wasn't as if she had any choice about the matter. When she turned round, she was not expecting the man she saw. She had to fight hard to keep any sign of recognition well hidden. Her mind immediately jumped back to the gambling den... back to being with T-Bone in one of the room which had been set up on the floor above the bar casino floor. She remembered kissing him... being on her knees... tasting him... remembered how it felt when he fucked her. She stood a little straighter as he moved towards her; she could see that he knew she was remembering. His smirk told her that. He looked at her as if he had never seen her before. Looking her up and down. Walking around her. She held her ground...said nothing... even when his hand squeezed her ass. She looked at Chin Liu's men as they sniggered then turned her attention back to T-Bone as he picked up her hand. Then she felt it. The small black plastic in the middle of her palm. She watched T-Bone as he moved in front of her. He had barely finished mouthing the words before Evie suddenly threw a punch. It wasn't the hardest punch that she had ever thrown in her life and T-Bone play acted it a lot. He went down and in her peripheral vision, Evie was aware of everyone looking at T-Bone. She lifted her hand - ran it through her hair and at the same time slipped the earwig into her ear. She watched as T-Bone got up rubbing his jaw and grinning.

"Definitely going to put my money on you now... and if you manage survive... I'm going to pay Liu for a little of your time ... and you're gonna pay for that girl... but I promise you'll enjoy it."

"Fuck you. If I lose... at least I'll know that there'll be a couple of upsides."

Back
Top Bottom