Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Golden Shields ( Katy1008 & CrimsonMaster )

Tom & BJ listened as Evie went over what she discovered so far. While it wasn't a lot, it did give some leads to follow. BJ wasn't surprised too hear what Evie said about Hammer. He knew the man well enough to know she was right. Hammer was very capable of killing someone. For the right price, which a man like Kane could afford. Tom focused on the reporter Evie spoke about. Since none of them knew what Rachel was up too. It was possible that she was also speaking with a reporter. Perhaps Rachel felt it would protect her in some way? There was no way of knowing what she had in her mind. Rachel was always cryptic about this subject while speaking with Evie. Tom would put James & Kim on finding out who this reporter was. There was a real chance this person was in deep trouble. Whether they were involved with what Rachel was doing or not. Obviously someone thought so, or Hammer wouldn't have been told of this reporter.

Besides Rachel's cell phone and her laptop being missing. Ton said they couldn't find Rachel's car. Since it hadn't turned up yet, Tom assumed those who killed her didn't have it either. It was possibly stolen by someone else. Someone who was involved with this other then stealing a car. It was also possible that Rachel did something with it. Tom said James & Kim were checking on who and where her car was serviced. The three ate while making quiet conversation. Tom said they would meet again two days from now. Unless Evie found something before then. She knew how to contact the team for help, or to set up another meeting quickly. BJ would remain in the area until the job was over. He could be in places where Evie may go in case trouble started. In case she needed a fast way out. Tom asked Evie to keep up what she was doing. It was working well since she got them leads they didn't have before. He wanted Evie to keep pumping Hammer for whatever information she could get without making herself seem like a cop. Being on the inside and having Hammer's trust, put Evie in a good position. He could let her in on some information, or even let something slip by. She could also over hear more of his conversations.

Evie looked at Tom as he was talking through things... The reporter and the car and her staying undercover. Something jarred with her. As she ate and talked, her mind was thinking back over the last 24 hours and particularly last night. She pictured Hammer in the kitchen... Tried to think about exactly what she heard. Exactly what Hammer said. The car. There was nothing in the car. She looked at Tom.

"Wait a minute. You said you haven't found the car. That they bad guys don't have it? How do you know! Hammer said last night there was nothing in Rachel's car. They've checked it already. So... If they don't have it know... They did at some point. How do you know they don't have it? Maybe they checked it and hid it...

Evie was right, Tom didn't know if they had it. It was assumed they didn't have it because the car hadn't turned up. The thinking was that if whoever killed Rachel had the car, they had time to search it and would have dumped it by now. The LAPD had found no abandoned cars which fit the description of the one Rachel drove. It was possible that they did something else with the car. Maybe sent it to a scrapyard in another state? The car now seemed like a dead end. It was hoped the vehicle would have provided a much needed clue. That hope was dashed when Evie spoke of what Hammer said about the car.

There was nothing else to go over. Once the meal was finished, they left the diner. Evie was told to be careful and keep doing digging. Sooner or later, she'd find something out which would help. One by one, each of the trucks pulled out from the parking lot. Tom & BJ headed different ways. Evie headed for San Diego and the drop off & pick up which awaited her. It would be a long haul there and back. It would be late when she returned with her rig. Most of the drivers would be long gone by the time she got back.

When Evie got up to leave she shook BJ's hand and thanked him for the loan. She gave Tom a short nod - Charlie and Tom barely knew each other after all - and then she climbed back in the rig. She headed onto the interstate and then south to San Diego. It was an OK drive taking her just a little over 2 hours. It took her another hour to find the place in San Diego itself and then there was an hour's wait whilst the rig was unloaded. She got plenty of looks from the guys in the yard where the goods were being unloaded but this was a very different place to 5 Star. Plenty of looks and the odd suggestive comment, but nothing more than that. She went for lunch at a diner and returned about 45 minutes later having stretched herself out a little with a walk around the block. She took thirty minutes to get to the new location and then had another wait while the rig was loaded then she was back on the road again.

As she drove back, she had no idea what was likely to be waiting for her. What was going to be expected of her? Maybe she had had the first night, first morning initiation and she probably shouldn't assume that Hammer was going to take her home again. She guessed Hammer didn't particularly get attached to anything and she imagined that he had plenty of names in his rolodex. Maybe he wouldn't even be around... if he was Kane's muscle. She also probably needed to get to her own place - the small apartment that had been put together for Charlie - to get a change of clothes. Katie turned the rig into the yard. Most of the other trucks were already parked up and in darkness. She pulled into an empty bay and switched off the rig. She gathered together the paperwork and her jacket and then climbed down straight into Hammer who seemed to appear from nowhere. She yelped in surprise and turned around quickly then recognised him and laughed. At the same time, the thought that he might have uncovered who and what she was ran through her head. Hammer stared at her for a minute then grinned.

"Good trip?" Evie smiled and stepped close to him. She nodded. "Not bad. Were you... waiting for me." He lifted his hand and took hold of her chin. His thumb ran over her lower lip.

"I figured you'd be hungry for more of what you got last night and I'm always happy to give a tight little slut like you what she's hungry for." Evie smiled.

"How can I refuse. But I... I need to go by my place... get some fresh clothes... Should I come around when...."

"We can call in on the way. You don't mind me seeing your place do you?" Evie shook her head.

"No... but... it sure aint nothing like your place."

"That's okay. I don't have to live there. Now move your ass and give Lang his paperwork and then get back out here." He pulled her around him and gave her ass a hard swot before she headed over the the office. She was in and our with Lang and it was barely a few minutes before she was climbing back into Hammer's truck. She directed him to the apartment and went in with her but he loitered near the door while she got changed and through another change of clothes in a bag. Evie guessed that he had just want to check out that she was living somewhere that fitted with the story she had told last night. He said nothing to her when she reappeared and Evie didn't think he'd don't any snooping around. He had picked up her mail though and he handed it to her. Evie took it - a little nervously - not knowing what name was going to be on it. It certainly wasn't going to be Evie Taylor and if it was someone else's then she just had to say that it was the previous occupant. When she looked, she saw Charlie's name there and she gave a silent prayer of thanks to James and Kym who set the place up. It was the little details which were the things most often over looked and the things that reinforced the cover more than anything else. She took the mail, looked through it and then tossed it onto a counter.

"Nothing that can't wait." Hammer turned and she followed him out.

Twenty minutes after that they were walking back into Hammer's luxurious apartment. They both went into the kitchen first.

"Get me a beer." Hammer said as he walked over to the answer machine. Evie tossed her jacket onto the kitchen table and fetched two bottles out of the refrigerator. As she did so she heard the answer phone spring into life. It was Kane's voice

"Hammer. Call me. I need what MacFarlane had. I need to know that the deal isn't going to go sour because of that bitch. I want to know what you're doing." Evie walked over to where Hammer was standing, shaking his head.

"Here you go. He sounds pretty pissed. I best let you call him back in private." She drew her hand down his back softly as she handed him the beer and turned to walk away. Suddenly she felt his hand around her wrist pulling her back. He can wait for a few more minutes. Then he bent down and kissed her. Evie kissed him back. His hands will pulling her shirt from the top of her pants. Her hands were undoing his belt. And then the phone rang. They both stopped and looked at it. Then Hammer looked at her and sighed.

"He's persistent." Hammer said nothing but he reached for the phone, keeping her other arm wrapped around Evie. She took that as a clear sign that he was't expecting her to leave. She smiled and began to undo his shirt before she kissed his chest. All the time listening. She heard Hammer trying to calm Kane down. Telling him that everything was under control. That whilst they hadn't found what Rachel had, neither had anyone else obviously because Tucker was all but finished. A few more days. Evie continued kissing. Her hands undoing Hammer's belt and pants. And then the call was over.

"Is everything okay." Evie said as she looked up at Hammer. He nodded, took hold of her hand and then walked her out of the kitchen and straight into the bedroom. He put down his beer and switched on the TV and then started getting undressed.

"You mind if I take a shower?" Evie asked.

"You can take a shower later. Right now, take your clothes off and put that mouth to work while I watch the game." Evie smiled and started to undress.

Kane could be damned impatient, but he was the boss. The man who paid the bill so Hammer could leave in this place. This apartment building was owned by Kane. That's the only reason a man like Hammer could get in here. The owner was a close, personal friend. Hammer knew he needed to keep the boss happy. It was becoming more difficult with Kane being such a pain in the ass. Hammer had people tracking down where the reporter lived. Once he found that out, he'd pay her a visit. Like the visit he paid too Rachel on the night she was murdered. Hammer guessed that should be tomorrow sometime. As for Tucker, well his business was almost dead. Hammer had heard that Tucker got one contract which could save his business. Completing the contract would put Tucker back on the right track. That was something 5-Star couldn't allow and neither could Kane. The man's greed knew no bounds. If he couldn't have it all, no one would have it. Hammer assured Kane that Tucker would be taken care of tomorrow. Tucker Trucking would be out of business by lunchtime.

As Hammer watched the game and got head from Charlie, he was feeling chatty. He spoke of the man on the phone being a huge pain in the ass. Hammer added that the man paid well for those willing to do the tough jobs. He spoke of having a lot of work the next day. Hammer said it may carry on into the night. He doubted they could get together until the following day. Hammer would send some thugs to finish off Tucker, or whoever was driving for him on the road. He would take care of the female reporter himself. Hammer grinned while looking down at Charlie. He admired how good she looked with his cock in her mouth. Hammer had no idea Charlie was taking down mental notes which she would pass on. Tucker, or whoever was driving the next day would need help. It also appeared as if the female reporter was close to being found. Hammer planned on taking care of her himself. With a loud groan, Hammer shot a load of cum into Charlies' mouth. He placed his hands onto her head and pushed her down. This caused his cock to slide deeper into her throat.

Evie smiled. She undressed and then she padded barefoot across the room to where Hammer had sat himself down on a large couch that was along one wall of the bedroom. She stood over him for a moment and waited until he spread his feet. She leaned forward and kissed him; it was a long deep slow kiss. And then she moved slowly onto her knees. She started with her hands on his knees which then slid slowly up his thighs. She looked up at him as he looked down and drank from his bottle... she brought her mouth to his cock and started slow. And she listened. Evie's mind was racing as her body worked slow. She had to make a call. Everything had to be sorted tomorrow. Tom needed to get some protection out to Tucker as soon as possible and if they didn't know who the reporter was, they needed to put a tail on Hammer... and make damn sure they didn't lose him. Evie licked and sucked and moaned as she decided she needed to stop almost as soon as she was on the road and make the call to Tom...she groaned as she felt his hand moving onto her head fingers tightening in her hair. She felt him pushing her down; despite her choking, he pushed hard and held her as his hips thrusted up. His thick cock sank into her throat.

"Ohhh god.... there's a good little slut... you do like your cum don't you. Maybe I should make sure the guys are around tomorrow night to look after you." Evie let his cock slip slowly from her mouth as he released her grip.

"I think I can manage for one night. I seemed to do okay before I joined 5 Star."

"I'm sure you did. But your a company whore now."

"Is that right?" Evie smiled as she stood up.

The rest of the night and the following morning was much like the previous night and morning had been. Evie couldn't deny that she enjoyed how Hammer used her. It was quite the same as Tom or McWilliams, but she liked it very much. She knew that she couldn't be anywhere near the arrest. Hammer couldn't know that she was a cop. Longer term that was not going to be easy to keep hidden. But that was something to work out once they had taken down Kane. From how Hammer had been speaking, he might easily be turned against Kane. If Tom and the team could arrest him with enough evidence to make him hand over Kane, that would finish the case much sooner.

Morning came, both Hammer & Charlie fucked before the shower and while inside. They were about ready to leave for work when Hammer got a phone call. Evie could only hear one side, but what Hammer said was enough. He spoke the name Barbara Daniels and said the Los Angeles Times. This was the reporter they'd been looking for. Hammer said he would take care of everything. He then told a man named Kenny, which could only be Kenny Marvin, one of the truckers often seen with Hammer and one of the men who fucked Evie in the shower, to make sure something bad happened too the load Tucker or whoever was driving today. They couldn't let that load reach destination, no matter what. Hammer smile at Charlie like everything was right with the world. He didn't mind speaking in front of her. She was trusted by now. In fact, Hammer even toyed with the idea of letting Charlie prove herself by letting her go after the Tucker truck and run it off the road.

Hammer decided that someone else would handle it. Now wasn't the time to send in a rookie, not unless it was needed. Hammer put an arm around Charlie and pulled her close. He said today was going to be a great day and they would be celebrating tomorrow. 5-Star would rule the roads of LA and his friend would be safe from anyone who could blackmail him. Hammer used the term blackmail, but Evie knew the truth. She'd put the pieces together and understood why he used blackmail. It made what would happen sound almost legal. Hammer gave Charlie a deep, long kiss. He then pulled back and said they needed to get to work. Hammer had a busy day ahead of him and he wanted to get it started. His day would start with watching the reporter Daniels until she went home for the evening. Then he;d strike and make it look like another break in. They climbed into Hammer's truck and headed for 5-Star.

Evie was woken by Hammer pawing at her body. One hand squeezing her tits and the other pushing between her legs as she spooned behind her in the bed. She moaned and sighed and smiled before she opened her eyes, pushing her ass back against Hammer's already hard cock. Hammer took the move as an invitation even though he wasn't waiting for one. He pulled the bedsheets off of them, hooked a hand under her uppermost leg and lifted it high before guiding his cock to her now open pussy. He wasn't in the mood to be patient. He was looking for satisfaction. He slammed his cock hard into her making her scream. He held onto her body firmly and hammered into her - leaving her in no doubt as to why he had the nickname he did. After he had unloaded inside her he told her to get the shower on and then she could thank him for the alarm call. And she did just that. On her knees as he leaned back against the shower wall, sucking his cock as he held her hair back. When he was rock hard he piulled her up, turned her round and pushed her upper body against the wall whilst pulling her hips back before he drove his cock into her ass and fuckked her harder than the first time. As he finished he leaned in and spoke into her ear.

"You just got hammered, girl! Now if that isn't the best way to start the fucking day I don't know what is! Hmmmm. I bet you need to cum too don't you slut?" Evie had gasped out a yes but Hammer had just laughed.

"We don't have time. But I'm sure the guys at the yard will help you out." Then he slapped her ass hard. "Be dressed and ready to go in 10 minutes." And then he rinsed off and stepped out leaving her on her own. Evie did the same and within the time he'd given her she was stood in the kitchen, hair damp and her t-shirt sticking to her damp skin in places. They were about to head out when hammer's cell phone had gone. As he pulled it from his pocket he wrapped his free arm around Evie's shoulder and they walked out to the truck. Evie smiled, leaned close and listened but without making it obvious. They got to the truck as the call ended. He pushed the phone in his pocket, smiled and kissed her hard before letting her go and getting into the truck.

As they drove, Evie knew she needed to be out on the road quick. She needed to be assigned a truck quick and the. She needed to stop as soon as she could to call Tom. Tucker's truck needed protection as did the journalist. But the journalist also had information from Rachel which could make their case. This could be done by the end of the day.

When they pulled into the yard, almost the first thing they saw was Angie getting fucked by two guys. Hammer laughed.

"And ther's a site for sore eyes. Looks like everyone has the same idea this morning." He reavhed over gave Evie's thigh a squeeze. "I gotta feeling this is gonna be a good day. End of the week tomorrow. Calls for a party. We'll get the private lounge at the Garrick Club... Get everyone together. You girls can be the hostesses... Maybe put on a little show for the guys before they have some fun too. How does that sound?" He leaned over and took hold of her chin. She looked at him and smiled and then leaned closer and kissed him. "I love a party."

"I bet you do!" He tapped her cheek three times gently with his fingers and then told her to get out and go to work.

"You not coming in."

"Not this morning girl. I got places to be. Things to do... But I'm going give Lang a ring right now and tell him to have the guys leave you be this morning. Telling you got hammered and need a rest. And besides...I like my sluts hungry when I see them." Evie smiled and climbed out, closing the door behind her. She watched as Hammer pulled away whilst making a call.

Hammer obviously did what he said and things worked out perfectly for Evie. As soon as she walked in the office she was allocated a rig. Another San Diego trip. She checked the rig and the route as quickly as she could, and headed out, only to be pulling into a truck stop 30 minutes later to make a call to Tom.

Hammer made a couple of calls from his truck. The first was too Lang. He wanted Charlie given a break today. Lang would make sure she got her rig and was out on the road. He'd then pass the word along to the guys. Hammer said hands off Charlie for the day. That meant no one touched her or they'd face Hammer later on. The second call Hammer made was too Vic Keller, who was also at the truck yard. Vic was one of the men who took part in Charlies' shower gang bang. He was Hammer's right hand man. Hammer told Vic to go after Tucker's haul this morning. He spoke of not carrying how the job was done. It just needed done. The load needed to be stopped ether by sabotage or a wreck. Hammer would be busy the rest of the day. He would take care of that cunt report. Hammer would use the same method which he used against Rachel. Follow her throughout the day. Track her movements and see who she talks with. Then, later on, he'd follow her home and take care of her. Hammer would make it all look like a break in gone bad.

After the last meeting with Evie where she spoke of the female reporter, Tom put James & Kim on tracker her down. They started with Rachel's hangouts. The places Rachel normally would eat at for lunch. Luck was finally turning towards the police on this one. After talking with a server, James & Kim found out the name of their unknown reporter. Claire Freeman of the Los Angeles Times. James called Tom with the news. Tom told James & Kim to stick with Claire all day and into the night. He'd already spoken with Evie and learned what was happening. Tom said he'd catch up with James later. Right now, Tom had to catch Mary Pappas. She was the one driving the truck this morning and the truck was heading for San Diego. By the time Tom pulled out with his unmarked police car. Evie was already back on the road heading south. Tom asked her to look for Mary's truck. Since Mary was on the road, the 5-Star driver would most likely try to wreck her truck. The race was on to save Mary's life and Tucker's company.

Evie called Tom to tell him the name of the reporter and to tell him that Mary Pappas was going to get targeted sometime today. She was a little confused initially when Tom started talking about someone called Claire Freeman.

"What? No. Tell James and Kim that they have the wrong person. Or at least... if that's who it was that Rachel was talking to, she was't the person they needed to find. Hammer thinks its someone called Barbara Daniels. That's who he's going after. He's gonna make it look the same a Rachel's death... a robbery gone bad. You've got until this evening. Hammer is going to just find her and follow her during today and then when she gets home tonight..." Tom said he would get James and Kim to make sure both women were covered but to put the main focus on Daniels. If that was who Hammer was going for, whether she was the right person or not, that was who needed the most protection.

"Hammer's then got one of the others to go after Mary. He told the guy he doesn't care how; he just wants the load stopped whatever it takes. Listen Tom. I have an idea. See if you can get a message to Mary. Get her to meet me and... I'll take her rig. I'll recognise the 5-Star rig when I see it. Maybe you and BJ can be within a couple of miles... close at hand so that when they make their move..."

Once again, Evie's quick thinking saved this case. It did appear as if the MCU had the wrong women. Times like this showed how truly important Evie was to the team and why she couldn't be replaced by just anyone. Tom would make the call once he finished talking with Evie. It should be easy for James & Kim to backtrack and pick up the Daniels women. The conversation soon turned to Mary Pappas. Evie asked Tom to reach her and tell her about the plot. There was noway Tom could reach Mary. He was in his unmarked police car. This vehicle wasn't equipped with a citizen band radio, or CB which the truckers use. It had a stranded police radio. Plus, Mary was already on her way south to San Diego. She would be out of range of Tom's ability to contact her. There was no choice, Evie needed to hit the road and find Mary's truck before Keller could carry out Hammer's wishes.

After hanging up with Evie, Tom called James. He explained the mix up and told James to find Barbara Daniels. She also worked at the Los Angeles Times. James & Kim would use the plan for Daniels instead of Freeman. They would pick her up at work and follow her all day and into the night. Hammer would strike at nighttime. That's what he did with Rachel. He'd make the scene look like a break in gone wrong. Tom hung with James. He continued heading south towards San Diego. If there was any chance of saving Mary Pappas. Evie was in the best position to slow Keller down until Tom could catch up.

Evie climbed back in the truck and headed out. The big question though was where to go. She was supposed to be on a San Diego run again. If she didn't make it and if she needed to stay at 5 star beyond today, she had to have some kind of story... some kind of excuse. For now all she could do was head south. Hopefully Mary was a head of her and she could catch her. Then is was a question of trying to make sure that no-one else from 5 star got in the way. She eased her foot down a little more on the gas pedal. The truck started to respond. She needed to push the speed limits a little but not so much that she couldn't do anything to slow down if she spotted Highway Patrol. She couldn't imagine that going down well with her current 'employer' but more importantly she didn't have the time.

It was another forty minutes of driving and she was just getting to the point of deciding that she was never going to catch her. But it wasn't Mary Pappas' truck that she saw. It was another 5 star truck. She struggled for a few minutes to decide who it was and then...

"Vic Keller." Hammer's main man. She should have guessed long before now. If Hammer was going after the reporter, then he wouldn't have anyone other than Keller going after Mary. Her mind drifted a little... back a couple of days to her first return to the yard. The shower. She remembered Vic. He didn't say that much but he had been the first guy at the yard to take her ass... when they were still in the shower... then when Hammer had her on top of him, his cock bored deep in her tightest hole, it had been Vic who had fed her his cock and then spent 10 minutes abusing her tits. She swallowed and pushed the memory aside. Maybe he didn't need to get to Mary after all. Maybe if she could distract Mason. She picked up the CB handset.

"Hey Kellor. I didn't know you were on heading to San Diego." There was no response.

"Come on pick up Kellor. This is Charlie. Don't tell me you've forgotten me already. I'm right behind you. Where are you heading man?" Suddenly her radio cracked into life.

"Hey Charlie. How's it going. I hear Hammer is taking care of you and your sweet little ass." Evie smiled. "He sure is. Did you have fun the other night. Maybe I could buy you a coffee and we could talk about it. There's a diner a few miles up."

"Nice idea girl but I gotta deadline. Maybe later. After you've made you pick up?"

"Sure. Okay. I'll look forward to it. What's the rush though? I didn't realise anyone other than me was doing this trip."

"Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about."

"Okay. Well looks like we'll be sharing some road for a while but I'll let you know when I'm head back out from San Diego."

She put the radio hand set back on the hook but stayed a few hundred yards behind him. She didn't think that he would do anything with her sitting there and maybe Tom was going to catch them before they got onto Mary Pappas' tail. Maybe BJ was out here somewhere too.

Mary's black & silver rig soon came into view up ahead. Vic grinned wickedly while tightening his grip on the steering wheel of his truck. The second 5-Star semi began pulling away from Evie. Vic was a quiet man, but very ruthless. He would od whatever was needed to make sure Mary didn't get her load to San Diego. It didn't matter if Charlie watched the show or not. She was apart of 5-Star and Hammer's number one girl. Vic wasn't worried that she was behind him, nor that she'd see anything. Mary looked into her rear view mirror. She saw not one, but two 5-Star trucks behind her. The youngest Pappas didn't know Evie was in one of the rigs following her. She picked up a little more speed. Vic's truck was faster because he didn't have a load behind him.

Vic's rig slammed into the back of Mary's trailer. The box trailer shook from the impact, but didn't leave the road. Vic slammed into the back of Mary's trailer again. He was laughing each time Mary started to fishtail on the road. Mary was a good driver, but she wasn't trained to use her truck as a weapon. Certain men within 5-Star had this skill. It was kind of like the training police officers get in driving. Police officers are trained to use their cars in ways which can disable a fleeing suspect. The 5-Star guys were more like demolition derby drivers then trained police officers.

Vic slammed into Mary one more time. His eyes flashing with pride as her box trailer shock with each impact. The trucks were racing along a four lane super highway. That's four lanes running south and four running north. A typical road for the state of California. Vic swung his rig out into the lane beside Mary. He force her off the road one way or another. Mary's voice could be heard over the radio asking for help. She spoke of having two 5-Star trucks on her tail. There was no reply coming after Mary finished with her plea.

Evie watched in horror as Vic moved up on Mary. Stared on frustrated as he hit her once...twice. She heard Mary's desperate plea for help but she was the only other vehicle in the vacinity. And it was clear Mary was assuming that she was with Vic. Why would she think anything else. Evie was driving a 5star rig. There was no reason for her to think that it was anything other than two against one. Evie realised had no choice. She had to take Vic off the road. If she did it right... Mary would simply drive on whilst she took Vic out. How to manage Vic was the question. He couldn't be allowed to get any kind of message back to Hammer or anyone else. Would he radio out straight away or would he wait until he dealt with Charlie... Calling only when he was stopped and after he'd had chance to speak to Charlie first. Then if luck was on her side for that, she needed Tom nearby... To arrest Vic and hold him in isolation until they had taken everyone down.

Evie watched Vic moving out and lining up for a third hit. She had no choice but to move. She accelerated hard and felt the truck lurch forward. She gained quickly on the rear of Vic's truck and hit it hard. There was nothing on the radio. She guessed Vic was stunned into silence initially having no idea what the hell was happening. She approached again...hit harder. Luck was definitely on her side. The rear tyre on Vic's rig suddenly exploded. Shredded rubber flew across the black top. His brakes came on hard. Evie followed suit. Mary didn't and suddenly distance appeared between them.

Vic's mind was busy on what he was doing to Mary. He didn't care who or what was behind him. Vic knew that Charlie was back there, but she was 5-Star, apart of the team. There were no concerns about her. Vic remained locked on the job at hand. He knew Mary Pappas would last much longer. One or two more hits could cause her rig to go out of control. The delivery would be stopped and Pappas Trucking would be done. Ready to be taken over by 5-Star when the company was put for sale by the bank. Vic readied himself for another hit. He suddenly felt his own truck take a hit. Vic looked in his rear view mirror. Charlie had run her rig into Vic's truck. The man was stunned by her action.

Vic fought to keep his truck from going out of control. Charlie's first hit had been a good one. It almost took Vic out. This was due too Evie's police training. She was using a slightly different version of the "pit maneuver." A tactic used by law enforcement to stop fleeing suspects. It was slightly different because everyone was using trucks. Evie was trained to use a police patrol car. Vic was grumbling after the first hit. He didn't call out for anyone because he assumed Charlie thought this was a game. There was a time when some people played tag using cars. You'd drive really fast in the hopes of not getting tagged. If you did get tagged, you must now tag someone else. This dangerous game wasn't played by everyone. Normally, only teenagers were crazy enough to play such a game on the freeways. Vic assumed Charlie was playing a version of "Freeway Tag."

Vic got control of his rig and focused on Mary once again. He needed to take care of her first, then he'd school Charlie in what she almost did. Vic knew Charlie wasn't on board with the overall plans. She didn't know about 5-Star, Cali Tran and Damien Kane. Vic put Charlie out of his mind for now. That was until his truck was struck again. This time, the contact between the trucks caused Vic's rear passenger side wheel to rip apart. One of his 8 back wheels was now in pieces all over the road. Vic lost control, his truck started turning sideways. The truck was almost bouncing around before it ended up in the ditch, on the side of the road. Feeling like a well used pinball, Vic slowly climbed down from his truck. Part of him was impressed with what Charlie did. She could be on the team which was stealing the highways for Damien Kane. Another part of Vic was pissed that Mary Pappas was getting away. " What the fuck did you do that for you dumb cunt!?..........We don't have time for silly ass games!........I've got a job to do!........Give me your keys! " Vic said planning on finishing the job by using Charlie's rig to run Mary down. He was holding his right hand out expecting Charlie to do as she was told.

Evie climbed down from the truck. She still wasn't entirely sure what she was going to do but in some ways she could take her time. The longer she took the further away Mary Pappas got. She looked at Vic as he stomped towards her. That was a man who was pissed. She decided to hope that the Cavelry was on the way... And not too far away.

"Sorry Vic. I can't do that." He came to a stop a few feet in front of her, looking completely confused.

"Mary is going to make her delivery. You're gonna have to disappoint your boss."

"My boss as you call him is gonna break your fucking neck when I tell him about this. You need to give me your fucking keys and then hope I'm prepared to let you be nice to me to persuade me to keep my mouth shut." Evie smiled.

"By the time you get to tell Hammer what happened, this will be the least of his worries. But i'll put a word in with the department of Corrections... Get you assigned to the same cell so that you can fill him in on the details."

"What the fuck are you talking about cunt?" He stepped forward. Evie stepped back a little but started to ready herself for the fight she was sure was coming. He was still looking puzzled and then a thought hit him.... Suddenly things made sense... But she couldn't be... She'd spent the last two night in Hammer's bed... She'd let a whole group of the drivers fuck on at the end of her first day. She couldn't be a cop. Evie looked at him. She was almost reading his mind. She could see the cogs working... Almost hear the thoughts slipping into order. She smiled.

"You're a fucking cop?" Evie shrugged and kept smiling.

"A fucking cop?! You're fucking dead bitch." And with that he charged at Evie. She was ready though, side stepping him and then giving him a swift kick in the back sending him sprawling. Evie readied herself for another attack and sure enough the man was up quickly. He was mad but knew he needed to calm down to get this cunt. He reached back behind him and pulled a switch blade from his back pocket, flicking it open as he brought it round and up.

"Come on then bitch." Evie watched the knife as Vic moved it smoothly back and forth, left to right to left. The presence of the knife raised the stakes a little but Evie was confident that Vic wouldn't have it for long. The two moved around each other, judging and evaluating what each other's moves were likely to be. Evie's thinking was smarter. Vic made only two attacks before Evie took him down, using the momentum of both of them to help her. She caught his wrist, twisted, bent, turned. It took seconds before the knife was out of his hand and Vic was flat on the ground face down.

The Cavelry wasn't too far away. In fact, as the fight between Evie & Vic started. The faint sounds of sirens could be heard. It was low at first. Sounding miles away. Hardly noticeable until they started getting closer. By the time Evie had Vic down, Tom's unmarked car came to a screeching halt. Three others black n whites also pulled up. Each one belonging too the California Highway Patrol. Tom swiftly came over and helped Evie too her feet. The chp officers rush in and grabbed Vic. He was swearing up a blue streak because Evie whipped his ass. Not only that, but she had him fooled. Vic never thought a cop could do what she had done. Letting herself get fucked like some whore. It was all just part of her undercover work. Such work allowed Evie to experience all different types of cocks and men. While she didn't like most of them and only fucked them because it was her job. Some, she would have enjoyed having sex with. No doubt, Hammer would be one man Evie would remember long after this was over.

Tom couldn't let Vic spoil the surprise he'd set for Hammer later that night. Something needed done with Vic until later. Tom had the chp officers run Vic down to San Diego. There, he would get lost in the system. Just one of those things which happen when so much is going on. Vic would be returned to Los Angeles the following day. By then, Hammer would be in custody and safely tucked away. Tom & Evie headed for the unmarked police car. On the drive back to LA, Tom filled her in on how his plan would go down. It was pretty simple. All they needed to do was sit and wait for Hammer to show up.

Later that night, at Barbara Daniels apartment. Hammer, dressed in all black, from head to toe, stood outside. He was able too see Daniels moving around her place. She was dressed in a light colored silk robe. Hammer waited and watched until he was sure the time was right. He then made his move. Using a crowbar, Hammer was able to force his way into the apartment by the patio doors. He looked every inch like a cat burglar. His intentions were more sinister however. Hammer stalked Daniels after entering the apartment. He readied himself for a strike and when the right time came, he was on her. Hammer and Daniels struggled for a moment. She was a lot tougher then he expected. Hammer spoke openly of it being a pity she needed to die. He said she was pretty hot for a reporter. One which he would enjoy fucking after she was gone. Hammer needed to make this look like a burglary gone bad. The tables were turned on him when Tom & James entered the room. The lights came on and Hammer was soon flipped over and landed on the floor. The woman Hammer thought was Daniels was really Kim in disguise. Because of her association with Hammer while undercover. Tom thought it was best Evie sit this part out. Her role in this would be known too Hammer in time. It would be less shocking once all was said and done.

24 hours had passed since Hammer & Vic were taken into custody. 5-Star was closed down as was Cal Tran. Sadly, the MCU wasn't any closer to nailing Damien Kane. Hammer, Vic, Tanner and everyone else was tight lipped as to who their real boss was. The MCU made a good bust and saved Tucker's business, but it seemed they missed Kane. That was until Rachel's evidence arrived that day by messenger service. Everything Rachel had on Damien Kane was handed over too Evie. The package was addressed too her at the station. Everything the MCU needed to take Kane down was on Evie's desk. An arrest warrant was called for. Tom & Evie left the courthouse first, then they'd stop and pick up Mr. Kane. It wasn't a long drive from the courthouse down to Kane's office building. A short time later, Tom & Evie blew passed the secretary sitting out front of Kane's office. She protested that Mr. Kane was busy, but her protests fell on deaf ears. Tom & Evie burst through the office doors, announcing they had a warrant for Kane's arrest. Damien Kane demanded to know what the charges were. Tom said they had a long list, starting with murder. Kane's face turned pale when Tom grabbed him and pushed him against the wall. After a search, Tom read Kane his rights. He then asked Evie to put the cuffs on Kane. It was only right that she arrest Kane since it was her friend who was murdered.

As Evie was placing the cuffs on Kane. Ron Reed, Tom's cousin strolled into the office. He looked very please with what was going on. In fact, Ron was clapping his hands as he entered. This puzzled both Tom & Evie. Even Kane didn't understand what Ron was doing. " It's good too see the city's hard working police taking down a criminal. " Ron said as he moved towards Kane's desk and sat down in the large chair. He was very pleased with himself at this moment. Ron had been the one who fed Rachel all the information she had on Kane. He was the one who hid the evidence once Rachel was murdered and had it sent too Evie. Ron did this to get Kane out of the way. He thought Kane was a joke and openly said so while sitting in the man's black leather chair. Ron told Tom & Evie that he was taking over. He would be the new crime lord of Los Angeles. This news cut Tom deeply. He thought his cousin had gone straight. Given up the underworld, but sadly he was wrong. Ron openly boasted that he would bring the Reed name back to prominence in the crime world. He spoke of creating a crime empire which would spread acrossed the nation. The likes which hadn't been seen in many years. Tom had gone from puzzled, to hurt, to pissed off in minutes. He asked his cousin not to do this. Not to dirty the family name. Ron just laughed while saying it was Tom who dirtied the family name. He said the family was a crime family and not a cop family. Ron said Tom, his father and Alyssa were the real black marks on the Reed name. He then told them they could go and he asked them to take the trash out with them. The trash was Kane of course. Evie had a hard time pulling Tom out of the office. He continued to try and plead with Ron, but it wasn't working.

Kane was taken downtown. Tom & Evie returned to the MCU squad room to fill out the paperwork. For a long while, Tom was on the phone in his office speaking with his father, Rick. Tom needed to tell his father what happened and that Ron hadn't gone straight. After the conversation, Tom started his paperwork. It was well after 5 pm when Evie came into Tom's office. He was deep in thought and had been so for a long time. She got his attention before saying it was time to go home. Tom gave her a weak smile before standing up. He placed an arm around her as the walked out of the office. The pair was soon on their way home, to the boat.

Evie knew that Tom was hurting from Ron's comments and she guessed that the conversation he had had with his father would not have been an easy one. It was a pretty anti-climatic end to a case; there was no celebration this time. Tom drove the mustang back to the boat with Evie sitting quietly next to him. She rested her arm on the back of Tom's seat with her hand on his shoulder. It wasn't much really... it was meant to be nothing more than a reassuring contact silently saying 'I'm here'.

Once on the boat, Evie immediately went over to the cabinet where the scotch was kept. She poured a large measure into a heavy crystal glass and walked back to Tom who was taking his jacket off.

"Sit" Evie said quietly but firmly. She handed Tom the glass and he sat down heavily with a sigh and a weary smile. Evie set herself on Tom's lap. She took his face in her hands, leaned forward and kissed him tenderly. She broke the kiss but stayed close.

"Ron is... NOT... YOUR...FAULT." Her voice was little more than a whisper. "Every day, we see people who are what they are - good or bad - because of their families... because of the life they were brought up in. Hard and abusive and deprived... or protected and pampered ... and everything in between. And every day, we see people who are what they are... INSPITE... of their families. People who had the best of opportunities and threw them all away - usually out of greed and arrogance or a need for power. People who had the worst of opportunities but who somehow climbed out of the crap of their family history and made something good of their lives. Your Dad did that. And you did that. Alyssa is doing that." Evie's smile broadened. "You have a beautiful daughter who, within five minutes of meeting you, decided that she wanted to be just like you. People make their own choices and its not your fault when they make bad ones." She kissed him again softly. "Ron is not your fault..." Another kiss. "Not your responsibility." Another kiss. "Your responsibility as a cop is to arrest him if you have evidence of him breaking the law. Just because you're his cousin, doesn't make you responsible for what he does. He's responsible for that and you shouldn't relieve him of that burden." She looked at him for a moment letting her thumbs caress his cheeks. "You're a good man... and a good father... and a great cop.... and everything else is just background noise." She leaned in again and gave him a long kiss before sitting back.

"So... Lieutenant Reed... what do you say to just you... and me... and a long weekend. We could stay here... not get dressed all weekend... or... we could pack up the car early tomorrow and head for some tacky hotel somewhere in the hills.... and I guess... if you wanted to invite Kim along... then I guess that would be okay too." She sat smiling a little watching as Tom sipped from his glass.

Evie was right and Tom knew it. He wasn't at fault for the choices Ron made. Ron Reed was an adult and his own man. He was old enough to know right from wrong and old enough to make up his own mind. Tom was troubled by the fact, he thought Ron had gone straight. Since coming to Los Angeles over a year ago. Ron Reed acted like he was walking the straight and narrow path. The right path which Tom walked. The only one who didn't seem fooled by Ron, was Evie. Since the day she met him, she didn't care for Ron Reed. He was the only member of the Reed family which Evie didn't like. Evie was very fond of Rick Reed and she was like a big sister too Alyssa. Someday, everyone expected Evie to become Alyssa's step mother. It was a day many were looking forward to, but it wouldn't happen anytime soon.

One more thing troubled Tom about what Ron was doing. He knew, despite Ron being his own man. Since he was a Reed. Anything Ron did would reflect on Tom and everyone in his family. The press wouldn't miss the chance to link whatever Ron did too his family. Enough people were still around who remembered Rick Reed was LA's top crime boss at one time. There were some who believed Tom was a dirty cop now. Hell, those same people thought the Taylor family was just as dirty and in league with the Reed family. This was a difficult period to be a police officer. With all the press coverage of police shootings around the country. Being a cop linked to a crime lord was juicy material for any reporter. There would be no doubt, more then one would be trying to make Tom's life a living hell.

Tom sat there enjoying the kisses Evie gave him. He listened to her ideas of what they should do. Each one sounded great, including going to some hotel with Kim. However, staying on the boat naked, or near naked sounded like a damn good idea. They could use some alone time. Time to just be together and be a couple. Tom got a great idea. He & Evie would take the boat out for a while. It had been some time since Tom had the boat out of the harbor. A few hours sailing the ocean would be relaxing. Tom told Evie of his idea and said she should put on a sexy bikini. He said a ship's captain should have a hot looking piece of ass at his side while steering his ship. Tom knew Evie had more then one sexy bikini. Alyssa had bought her several before they went to Hawaii on their last vacation. Tom slapped Evie on the ass and told her to get moving. He would get the boat ready to head for sea. Tom said he wanted her out on deck and showing off a lot of skin in less then 10 minutes. She'd get a spanking on deck if she didn't make it in time. Tom took off his holster and pistol before moving out onto the deck. He started working on getting the boat unhooked from the dock. Tom disconnected the boat from the city's power after switching on the batteries. He then removed the fresh water line from the boat. The tanks were fully loaded on the boat. At the five minute mark, Tom started the boat's motor and slowly began to slowly leave the dock. 5 miles an hour was the speed limit until the reached the harbor's opening to the ocean.

Evie smiled and eased herself off of Tom's lap. It had been a while since they had been out with the boat. Out,on the ocean, just the two of them, was one of the few times when they could stop being cops. Out there they were just two people on a boat enjoying the sun and the peace and each other. At the same time they could both top up their tans. Neither one of them could be called a sun worshipper but on the boat in the open sea when there was little else to do sitting on the deck drinking wine or beer meant that the sun did its work. Evie liked having a little tan. She always felt it made her look that little bit healthier.... That little bit more toned.

She headed below deck and quickly found a bikini.

http://www.swimwear365.co.uk/products/s-oliver-brown-triangle-bikini/_/A-333547_6AB

On her way back up to the deck, she picked up two bottles of beer from the refrigerator. A few minutes later she joined Tom, standing next to him as he took the boat out. She felt good standing next to him, both of them sipping beer straight from the bottle.

Before taking his beer, Tom greeted Evie with a playful swat on her fine looking ass. This wasn't because she was late. Tom just wanted to slap that ass. He loved moments like this when they were alone together. Having Evie in a bikini was always a plus. Tom loved showing her off. Evie had a great, well toned body. The type which made men hard and women wet. Tom was proud to have Evie as his and he didn't mind sharing her with others.

The boat left the harbor, heading for open waters. Once they were out, about 5 miles from shore, Tom shut the motor down. Here they could relax. Watch the sunset, drink a few beers and do whatever came natural. This was the only time Tom & Evie could have sex while on deck. They didn't have to worry about much out here. Perhaps a passing boat, but even those didn't come that close. Sex was something that only happened below deck while docked at the harbor. Tom left Evie on deck for a short time. He went below to change. Tom reappeared wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

Tom & Evie took their time and enjoyed themselves. She did a striptease for Tom. Letting him see her playful side. Tom's cock grew inside his shorts. Being seated, it was easy too see how hard Tom was. This would make Evie even more playful with her man. Tom loved the sight of Evie crawling acrossed the deck on her hands & knees. She pulled his shorts down to expose his hard cock. Evie then went to work on pleasing her man. She was a talented cocksucker. Anyone who had the pleasure of getting head from Evie knew this as fact. Evie worked Tom's cock like a pro. He remembered that night when she was posing as a whore. Evie got picked up by Lewis. She took him into an alley and earned $100 dollars for her effort.

Once Evie had time to work Tom up, he soon had her bent over the boat's control panel. Tom fucked Evie hard in the pussy before taking her tight ass. She was fucked long and hard. After Tom came inside Evie's ass, he made her clean his cock. Just like the good whore she was. The action didn't stop there. Tom was ready for more. He sat down before telling Evie to sit on his cock and ride him. Her pussy was tight, wet and hungry for a hard cock and cum. Evie did as Tom told her. She rode him like a dirty slut. Tom rewarded her with a hot load deep inside of Evie's cunt.

After some great sex, Tom & Evie took time to enjoy the stars. It was beautiful out here. Without the lights of the city. You could see so many more stars in the night sky. During times like this, Tom loved holding Evie in his arms. It had been a great night, but they needed to head back. Tom switched on the motor and started back. The boat arrived back at King Harbor just before 1 am. Evie helped Tom reconnect the boat to the city's water & power grid. They slipped below deck and headed for bed. Being a police officer meant being on call all times and calls can come at anytime. The MCU normally got called for those crimes which were fit their name. Sometimes, they would get called in for anything odd, or over the top. Their new case would certainly fit in the odd category. It was around 6:30 am when Tom's cell phone went off. He groaned while reaching for it. Tom slowly sat up while answering the call. It was Sergeant Nick Bales from homicide. He said they had a body which was right up the MCU's alley. It was something you needed too see to believe. Nick then gave Tom the address. Tom told Nick they'd be there as soon as possible. After hanging up, Tom told Evie they needed to get going. " No rest for the wicked. " Tom joked as he slipped from the bed.

Tom placed a couple of quick called to James & Kim. He told them what was up, gave them the address and said he & Evie would meet them there. Tom & Evie got a fast shower, dressed, got a couple of quick cups of coffee before heading to the crime scene. It was 7:45 am when Tom & Evie arrived at an apartment building in Venice, not far from the beach. About a dozen officers had the area blocked off. On lookers waited & watched too see what was happening. James & Kim were already here and waiting inside apartment 2B to fill in Tom & Evie. There was also a gruesome sight waiting for them as well. One which shocked even the hardest officers.

Evie liked times on the boat with Tom like this. Just the two of them and the sound of the ocean. As Tom took the boat out, she stood next to him, her body against his and her arms loosely around his waist. The only thing that they didn't talk about was work, although there wasn't much talking generally, particularly when Tom shut down the engine and let the boat drift gently on the calm waters. While Tom changed, Evie leaned over the rear rail, sipping her beer and watching the water. When she heard Tom return and settle himself down in one of the deck chairs, Evie turned and looked at him for a moment. He looked at her but didn't need to say anything. She took a little time as she removed the small bikini. No-one else was around, but in truth Evie wouldn't have stopped her performance even if their had been. She eased down onto her hands and knees and made her way towards Tom. Within a few minutes, his cock was deep in her mouth and she gave him the kind of attention that both of them enjoyed. Tom knew what a slut Evie was. He knew the kind of things she got up to when she was undercover, but he also knew that she always came back to him. Her desire to be with him never seemed to diminish. Tom couldn't help thinking that Evie could have made a lot of money in the porn business... maybe breaking all earnings records. He never got tired of hearing her moan and squeal as he took her ass, never tired of the way she sucked his cum soaked dick, and never got tired of how she kept coming back for more. He loved how she rode him... slow... hard... deliberate... her body lithe, toned, flexible; damp with perspiration. And when they were both done, he loved the feel of her body against his. When they both started to feel the chill of the night air after their ... exertions... Tom slipped his shorts back on and Evie slipped on the t-shirt he had started off wearing. No-one else was around when they finally arrived back at King Harbour and so there was no problem with Evie helping to reconnect the boat just as she was.

Evie was awoken by the phone but she kept her eyes shut. She heard Tom's groan and eased up a little as he pulled his arm from under her. Before Tom had finished the call and told her that they needed to get moving, she already knew what the outcome was going to be. She watched him disappear into the shower as she pushed herself out of bed. She slipped on an old t-shirt and headed for the galley where she put the coffee on. By the time she had returned to the bedroom, Tom was out of the shower and getting dried and dressed. Evie took his place in the shower. Five minutes later she was getting dressed whilst Tom was pouring coffee which they drank quickly. She dressed in black pants and a white t-shirt which but for her jacket displayed her curves very well. She still looked good but she was dressed entirely appropriate for work. She climbed into the passenger seat as Tom drove the Mustang. When they arrived, Evie was a little surprised to see as many onlookers around... usually this early there weren't that many. As Tom pulled the car to a stop, Evie saw James and Kim stepping outside and removing the white rubber gloves that the CSI teams insisted on. They both got out of the car and headed over to find out what they had.

As Tom & Evie approached their team mates. They could see how visibly shaken the pair was. Whatever happened inside the apartment building was unlike anything either of them had seen before. Tom asked James what they had? James just shook his head while saying Tom & Evie needed too see it for themselves. He just couldn't find the words at the moment. The whole scene was so shocking and almost seemed unreal. Tom & Evie walked up the stairs, to the second floor. They soon reached the apartment which was guarded by two patrol officers. Both looked as shaken as Jame & Kim. Tom entered the apartment with Evie st his side. From the front door, they could see a body laying there. The body was a young female, mid 20's half naked. She was only wearing panties. Crime scene techs were moving around the room. Taking pictures, collecting samples and dusting for fingerprints. Blood stained the wall behind the couch which was a few feet beyond where the girl laid. The carpet around her was also soaked with blood. Tom moved around the body in order to get a better view. He knelt down looking at what had once been her face.

Tom was shocked too see bite marks on her left check. The entire right side of her face had been chewed off. It looked like something you would see in some Hollywood horror movie. One of those wild tales of zombies attacking humans for food. Tom questioned one the lab techs. He confirmed part oif her face had been eaten. The apartment showed clear signs of a struggle. It was trashed, and that was being kind. If Tom didn't know any better, he swear this was as set for a movie. Tom slowly stood up. The bite marks were deep and the flesh gone on the right side of her face. Another disturbing sight was her eyes. Both were filled with blood. Like a massive hemorrhage happened inside her skull. Tom asked if Evie was okay? This type of crime was beyond what even the most harden detective saw everyday. Tom noticed some evidence bags laying on a nearby table. He picked up the top bag. Inside the plastic bag, was a smaller plastic bag. On the front of the smaller bag was a blue happy face sticker. In place of where the eyes would normally be, there was the number 6. The number replacing the eyes. Tom said they should go outside and get the details on who this girl was.

By the time Tom & Evie came outside, James had recovered from his shock. Tom & Evie were able to get some information on the couple who lived upstairs. James said the girl's name was Elizabeth Grace. James said she shared the apartment with her boyfriend Brad Cohan. Both worked the Venice beach area as starving artists. James said the neighbors spoke of the couple being happy and never causing trouble. He said that a report came in after 5 am. The neighbors reported of hearing what sounded like two animals fighting. James said they spoke of hearing growling and snarling sounds coming from the apartment while it was being ripped up. Those same neighbors reported seeing Cohan running naked from the scene with blood on his body. A uniformed office came up. " Lieutenant.......I think we found the suspect........He's 3 blocks down the beach. " Tom thanked the officer. He told James & Kim to make sure this place was locked down. Tom wanted down at the crime lab as soon as possible. He and Evie would go see about the suspect. Tom & Evie returned to the Mustang and took off. 3 blocks down from the apartment building and near the beach, they found four black n whites and another crowd of people.

Evie didn't say anything. She looked puzzled and concerned... puzzled by what could have affected particularly James so much and concerned for her brother and her friend. She followed Tom - maybe a step behind him - up the stairs and to the door of the apartment. They walked in slowly, looking around as they moved but heading directly to where the body was. As Tom stepped around and crouched down, Evie stood at the woman's feet. She gave a short nod when Tom asked if she was okay. She was struggling a little to understand the scene around her. Usually when they walked into a crime scene it was possible to start putting things together - always being mindful not to decide things too early on and subconsciously exclude other possible explanations; outlines of what might have happened and in what order. Was the victim taken by surprise? Did the killer and the victim appear to know each other? Cause of death was sometimes obvious; at other times less so. The distraction of the body though made it difficult to process what in other instances would have been straight forward. Evie pulled her gaze away from the body on the floor and looked around. The she looked back at the body.

"Has her throat been cut? That would maybe explain the blood on the floor... exsanguination... and the wall... it looks like either arterial spray or cast off from a weapon. Do you... do you think she was dead before...?"

Tom suggested that they should maybe wait for the coroner's report before coming to any conclusions. Evie gave another nod as Tom picked up the evidence bag.

"I hope that's not suggesting that this is the sixth victim?" Even as she said it, Evie's logic told her that it couldn't be the case; they would surely have found the bodies long before now... unless the killer had done them all in one night and this was only the start of what was going to be a very long day. She followed Tom outside and nodded in response to James' look and the unspoken question of whether she was okay. She listened to James' report about Elizabeth Grace.

"Can starving artists afford apartments in Venice Beach? We might not be beach front or canal side, but we gotta be talking a couple or three thousand a month? Im not sure I could afford to live here." She looked puzzled again as James spoken of the animals fighting. "Is someone really suggesting here that we've walked into some... True Blood re-enactment or... the Hound of the Baskervilles?" Before anyone could say anything else, the uniformed officer appeared. Evie followed Tom back to the car.

"This is too easy. Something this crazy cannot be this easy."

Tom wasn't sure if this was easy, but he knew this was crazy. The young woman's face was eaten off, at least the right side. The left side showed clear signs of teeth marks. Her neck appeared to be undamaged. They would have to wait on the coroner's report for a cause of death. The small plastic bag was the major clue. Tom & Evie just didn't know what the meaning of the sixes was. In time, they would. Tom drove the 3 blocks. Black n whites had the area closed off, but people were gathered around anyway. Tom & Evie were greeted by a uniformed officer. He led them to a booth along the beach. An Asian man stood giving a report to another officer. As Tom & Evie approach where the body laid, they saw this man had blood around his mouth. His body showed bite marks around the face, shoulders and arms. Tom pointed out his eyes. He had the same blood filled eyes as Elizabeth Grace.

Tom asked for a report on what happen. An officer said the male came running naked down the street. He said the witnesses around spoke of the man acting like some wild animal. Barking, snarling and growling at people. Tom & Evie were introduced to Mr. Lu. The man who owned the booth the man crashed into. Mr. Lu said the man came at him, crashed through his booth, but before anything could happen, the man sent stiff and dropped dead. " I swear.......No one touched him.......He just died. " Mr. Lu said with a shaky voice. He spoke of this area being a good area. There were some crazy people around, but nothing like this. Mr. Lu said the man showed no signs of being human. " He was like a monster........One of those wild zombies you see in the movies......Not the slow type........But those fast one from 28 Days Later. " Mr. Lu added. Tom thanked him allowed the man to continue with the officer.

Tom walked away, motioning for Evie to follow. He turned once they were away from the scene. " Get a second crime scene until down here......I want more patrol cars and I want these people pushed back another 15 feet.....Then call the coroner's office.......We need a meeting with them as soon as possible. " Tom told his orders to Evie. James & Kim would handling the frist scene. Tom & Evie would have this one. This was one of those cases where you didn't know what would happen next. Until some answers came in, it would continue to get weird.

Back
Top Bottom