Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Golden Shields ( Katy1008 & CrimsonMaster )

She was a little surrised by the kiss on the cheek, and it reminded her about Rick and where she was supposed to be right then. She smiled.

"I'm fine. I... I just want my gun own gun back."

For the rest of the trip they talked about Randall and his past crimes.

Having arrived and found the next clue, Evie bristled a little at the reference to her Dad but she pushed that thought to the back of her mind.

"Well, that one's easy. Even James couldn't get that one wrong. Coliseum seat 243 in section 6.

Evie pulled out her cell phone and texted her brother James the location. After getting the text, Steve dropped the car into drive and took off. His Camaro was flying, the red light on the top lighting the way through town. Tom & Evie left the museum quickly and were soon on the road. There was no need to hurry now, not with Steve & James on their way to the next location. Tom could slow down a little and be on the streets when Steve & James found the next note. The two teams could then go back and fourth until the last note was found. Then they would know where to find Simon, his people and the kidnapped Tori Summers.

While driving, Tom expressed his worry for Tori. He hadn't seen any of her movies, but he knew that the department's image would suffer if Simon killed her. This would surly shake the confidence that the people have in the police department. It could look very much like the police couldn't protect them.

"Crazy isn't it. Kill a superstar and everyone panics and demands that something is done. Kill a handful of hookers and it barely gets noticed." For a moment, Evie thought back to the last case, to her night on the street and that led to memories of her evening as high paid call girl which ended with Rick. Risk. Her thoughts had come back to him again, just as her phone sparked into life, telling them that she had a text. She pushed a few buttons and read it out.

"You must need a bathroom break by now. Simon Says, check out the men's room at the 7th street Metro Center. Stall three has something special waiting for you."

What Evie had just said was true, there was no point in denying it. The killing of someone famous was always seen as a dastardly deed. Where killing a bunch of hookers was met with pretty much a yawn by the people. Tom agreed with what Evie said, then her cell phone went off. " That's part of the Red Line Subway. " Tom replied to her say where the next location was. They were only a few blocks away, Tom hit the light and siren then did a U-turn in the middle of the street. He shot back down the street, then turned a sharp left. In on time, Tom pulled his car up in front of the Metro Center. He & Evie jumped out, then ran for a set of stairs which took then down below the street. Tom quickly found the men's room and pushed the door open. He went inside being quickly followed by Evie. The place was pretty much empty except for a couple of guys taking a piss. They shrieked and tried to had what they were doing.

Tom walked over to stall 3, there was an out of order sign hanging on the door and it was locked from the inside. He drew back his right feet the kicked the stall door open. It slammed against the stall walls with a loud bang. Tom stepped in looking around then he looked behind the door. There was a large yellow envelope taped on the door. Tom pulled it down then joined Evie in front of the stalls while those men hurried to hide themselves as they ran outside. Tom opened the envelope which had more then just a note inside. It had pictures, pictures taken with an old instant camera. The kind that shoots out a photo once it has been taken. Tom looked at the photos then handed them too Evie. Each photo showed Simon with Tori Summers at one of the locations they had already been at. In each picture Tori was looking worse, it was clear that she was being beaten and abused by Simon and his family.

Evie reached up and held onto the small strap above the passenger door window as Reed hit the accelerator and turned the car through 180 degrees and headed quickly to the metro centre. When the car screeched to a halt, she simply followed Reed - after all she didn't have any idea as to where the men's room was. When they burst hrough the door, Evie took no notice of the couple of guys who were using the facilities. She barely noticed them as they pushed past her to get out. She looked at the pictures as Reed handed them to her.

"So where now? If we don't get ahead of this bastard, I don't think there is going to be much of dear Tori left."

The trick wasn't to get ahead of Simon since he was already where he wanted to be. It was to find out where this game ended, then they would know where Simon was holding Tori Summers. Tom read the note and Evie called her brothers with the information. Steve & James found themselves at the Hollywood Bowl. The next note sent Tom & Evie to the rear of Grauman's Chinese Theater. The two teams continued on the trail visiting places like Little Tokyo, SS Lane Victory, La Brea Tar Pits and the Los Angeles Zoo. The dawn soon came, Tom & Evie were standing in MacArthur Park holding what they thought was the last clue, but Simon left them hanging a bit longer.

Simon's second to last note read. " Now that morning has come you're probably hungry. Simon Says, Go to Randy's for a cop's favorite meal. While you're there the clue that leads you to me will be delivered by a UNION worker. "

Tom shook his head and grumbled at the Simon's jab about a cop's favorite meal. Many people have said it and many believe that all cops love coffee and donuts, a cop's favorite meal and the best place in L.A. to get donuts is Randy's Donuts in Inglewood. Tom had Evie call her brother to meet them there. The four detectives would gather and at least get some well deserved coffee after a long night of running around. Tom & Evie arrived about the same time that Steve & James did. The coffee was on Tom since the Taylor's put so much into following along with this game. It was the first time since last night that the four were able to relax a bit. They started to even joke around with each other which helped to ease the tension. As strange as it may sound, the four almost forgot why they were here. It wasn't until a man appeared calling out for Sergeant Thomas Reed that the group stopped joking around. Tom called the man over to the outside table where he sat with Evie and her brothers. Everyone could see that this man worked for Western Union. Tom had to sign for the telegram, then the man handed it over.

Tom ripped open the letter then started to read out loud. " By now you must be wondering where I am?......I've sent you to many places where my work was found, but not to all.........Now that you've had your last meal......Come to the place where Linda Tanner was found.....Pity that the sharks were all gone......It would have been fun feed her too them. " Tom folded up the note and stashed it into his the inside pocket of his coat. He told Evie and her brothers that Simon was at the old Marineland Oceanarium in Palos Verdes. Tom then laid out the plan on what they would do. He told Evie that she would go with her brothers, Tom had to make Simon think that he was alone. He told Steve to wait 5 minutes after Tom left, then head for Marineland. Once there, Tom told everyone to stay out of sight, move up slowly and be ready to strike when they had the chance. There was hand shakes between Tom, Steve and James. Tom then gave Evie a hug and told her to keep down and watch that shoulder. He headed to his car, jumped in and left.

Evie was getting tired of playing games. If Torri Summers was suffering the way the photographs made it appear, then they needed to get to her sooner rather than later, and each stop they were forced to make along the way meant that they were less and less likely to get there in time. As the dawn was finally starting to break on the horizon, at least they were going to get somewhere where they could get coffee. Evie needed her morning coffee. She might not get her run this morning... and that would be the second morning running, although even if she had been at home, in all probability the shoulder injury would have kept her in bed for the extra hour.. but she could not go without coffee. She called Steve and 15 minutes later, Reed was pulling his car into the lot next to the Camero. The four of them walked in together and set up station near the window. The place was almost deserted; a few early birds on their way to work; a few night workers on their way home.

James asked Evie how her shoulder was. Steve listened and glared. If he had had his way, she would still be in the hospital and if needed he would have been more than happy to give up his cuffs to make sure that she didn't get up or out of the room. Evie saw his glare but said nothing. She knew that it was an action born out of love and concern, but at times it almost felt like he considered her weak. He would never dream of treating James in the same way. She was used to it though and most of the times - like this morning - she managed to stay quiet and let him 'baby' her. She told James she was fine.

"You look tired." James said

"I've been running around this City for the last seven hours and that's after a day at work." she replied, laughing. "If you think you look like you just got back from a week at a health club, then I have some bad news for you."

"Him! At a health club. Only if he's making an arrest..." Steve's comment then set the tone for the rest of the conversation; it became a light-hearted Taylor v Taylor comedy sketch. Until someone heard Reed's name being called. He signed for the telegram and the read it out. The Taylor understood what they needed to do and on this ocassion there was no argument.

The once popular oceanarium known as Marineland operated from 1954 until it closed in 1987. It had been home to many types of sea life, killer whales, dolphins, sea lions, seals and sharks. But these days it was run down and abandoned. Although a few people over the years had tried to do something with the land. Nothing else was every built and most what use to be the home for sea animals was now empty and lifeless. Well all most lifeless since Simon and his family had moved in. " He's coming........I can feel him. " Simon said as he looked towards where the front gates use to be. " Once Tommy Boy is dead.......We'll take care of Jack then my work can start again. " Simon added as he continued too watch the gate area until a dark blue Ford Crown Victory appeared and drove into the old park. Simon pulled a cell phone from his pocket and contacted his men below. " He's here.......Search him......Then bring him too me.......Also keep watch for any trouble.....Tommy Boy doesn't like to play fair. " Simon told his men then he went to where the old shark tank was. That was the place where he was keeping Tori. She was being watched over by Mary and her trusty razor.

Tom pulled up about half way into the old water park then he got out of his car. He looked around not seeing anyone, Tom then closed the driver side door of his car and walked in front of it. Two men appeared, they were both holding MAC-10 machine guns. Gunther told Tom not to move and to raise his hands. Tom did as he was told, Gunther and Richard came closer. Tom was then told to turn around and place his hands on the hood of his car. He turned and placed his hands on the hood of the car. Richard came up and started to search Tom. The only weapon Tom was carrying was his Desert Eagle. Richard removed the weapon then tossed it onto the ground in front of Tom's car. " Okay!......Let's go pig!.....Simon is waiting! " Richard snarled through his teeth as he grabbed Tom by his coat and shirt. Tom was spun around until he was facing the park again. Richard then gave him a shove forward, telling Tom to move it.

While Richard lead Tom away, Gunther moved back into the park taking up a spot where he could see anyone coming in or going out. Not far away from Gunther was Vincent who was also keeping an eye out. Vincent had a sniper rifle since he was the best shot in the group. He was hidden in the top part of what had been the old entrance to the large tanks where the killer whales and other such animals performed. Gunther was down below hidden in some brush. Many weeds and trees had grown and over grown in the time that the place had been closed. Richard brought Tom to the shark tank where Simon, Mary and Tori were waiting. Tori was sitting on the ground at Simon's feet with a collar around her neck. A leash was attached to the collar, the other end was in Simon's hand. Tom finally came face to face with Simon Randell. It looked too Tom as if they had broken Tori's will, she seemed lost and showed no emotion.

The Taylor's watched as Reed drove away, then the three of them climbed back into the Camero in silence. There was nothing to say at that moment. They waited in silence. Waited. Waited. It seemed to take forever for that five minutes to pass. When it did, Steven started up the car and pulled away. Again in relative silence... for a Camero. But there was not sudden squeal of brakes as he pulled away. This time they were trying to stay unnoticed.

Marineland had closed 25 years ago. It had become an empty, souless place which was used every once in a while for a movie or TV shoot, but other than one or two half-hearted attempts to get it re-opened, it had remained abandoned. Steve drove past the main entrance, but didnt stop. All three of the Taylors looked through the main gates but saw nothing. Steve drove another mile and then pulled up in a quiet side street. The three of them climded out of the car. Once they were all out of the car, James placed the box of shells on the roof. He broke the shot gun and then loaded it with two shells. He then set about filling his pockets with as many as he could reasonably carry. Evie checked the Glock that Reed had given her. She checked the 17-round clip, taking it out and and then sliding it back in. Steve handed her two spare clips which she slipped into her back pocket. Steve mirrored her actions with his own Beretta 92FS. When they were done, instinctively James and Evie looked to Steve. It was learned behaviour. Truth was it had nothing to do with the fact that he was the senior officer; it had nothing to do with the fact that he had the longer service. He was their big brother and when it was important, the younger siblings looked to their elder brother. Had their father been there, the three of them would have instinctively looked to him. As much as they fought and argued, there was a trust between them that nothing could ever break.

That James had the rifle was appropriate. He was a good shot with his own Glock and the Academy shooting competition a few days before had more than allowed him to demonstrate a level of competence. In a few months time, the sharpshooting Academy competition would take place. And in that, there really was no-one better in the Department. Neither the Taylors, nor Reed, even bothered entering. They could all load and fire a rifle and generally could hit what they were aiming for; James could just do it from a lot further away and he almost never missed. Steve looked at him, silently asked him a question, and James simply nodded, looked at Evie, then back at Steve and smiled.

"You're our cover. Stay with us okay?"

"Every step of the way." And with that he gave Steve a very loose, affectionate salute and then disappeared. The idea was that he would stay hidden; he would track Steve and Evie and he would make sure that if they came under attack, he would be the surprise force against the attacker, hopefully able to take them out with one shot. Once he had gone, Steve looked at his sister.

"Ready?" Evie nodded.

"Okay. Listen to me. It takes times to build a partnership; build a relationship where you just... know... what each other is going to do. As much as we know about each other, as much as we... we're not partners and neither one of us knows what's in the other's head when it comes to the job. So... you stick to me like a rash, understand? You do what I tell you to do, when I tell you to do it." He saw Evie start to open her mouth. "Evie... this isn't about how good a cop you are. I know you're a good cop. But we don't know how to work together and this is not a time to make it up as we go along. I WILL NOT tell Dad that I got you killed... and... you WILL NOT put me in that position. What I say, when I say it. Understand?" Steve wasn't shouting. He wasn't speaking that much louder than a whisper. But Evie had never heard him sound so serious. So absolute. So adamant. And how could she do anything other than agree. She nodded? He looked at her with a questioning stare.

"Okay... I promise." She held her hand up as if swearing an oath. "What you say. When you say it." Steve nodded and the hint of a smile played around his mouth. "Bet that was hard." He was suggesting that it must have been hard for her to agree to be so compliant with her big brother giving her orders. Evie's own smile quickly flashed across her face. "You'll never know."

"Okay... ready? Stay with me." The two of them set off, Evie effectively shadowing Steve as he led her towards the perimeter fence. The two of them climbed it relatively easily and, perhaps as an indication of exactly how competent Steve really did regard his sister, he made no attempt to help her up or down over it, confident that she could do it perfectly well. And of course she did. Once inside, Evie couldn't help but be reminded of the tests they did almost weekly at the Academy, working through mock-up towns, shooting bad guys and avoiding good - just like at the competition, but this time with a partner... her big brother. And this time it was for real.

" It hardly seems that so many years have gone by since the last time we saw each other Tommy Boy. " Simon was petting Tori's head as if she was his dog as he spoke. " You.....Jack and me together on the docks......Playing a game of life and death. " Simon continued as he stared at Tom was as silent as a statue. " You found out that I can't die......No mere mortal man can kill a God. " Simon slowly pulled up on the leash that was attached to Tori's collar. Her head raised up so that she was looking up at Tom. " She's a believer now......I've made Tori see the light.......She's no longer one of those Hollywood Whores who turn the masses away from their one true God. " Tom had stayed silent during Simon rant about himself. But once Simon reached the end and called himself the one true God, Tom shook his head. " You're nothing more then a delusional mad man.......Sick and twisted......A disease on society and I'm the cure. " Simon rose too his feet as did Mary who had been leaning against the old tank. In Mary's hand her guardian, that ever present straight razor which she just slowly opened. Simon pulled Evie's Glock from the back of his pants. He waved the weapon around telling Richard to join the others. Richard left to take up a hidden spot not far from where Vincent & Gunther were placed.

Simon began to pace back and fourth grumbling to himself. " You dare call me a delusional MAD MAN!! " Simon's tone had started out almost normal, then it broke into a scream. He raised the Glock and pointed at Tom who just stood there glaring at Simon. " Drop to your knees and beg me to spare you. " Simon demanded, but all he got from Tom was a cold stare. " Too proud to beg for your life Tommy Boy?.......Then I'll put an end to your life.......And you can be reborn to serve me in the future. " Simon's voice grew clod as his finger slowly began to apply pressure too the trigger of the Glock. Tom wasn't afraid to die, he had faith in Evie, Steve and James. They wouldn't let him down.

Steve and Evie didn't walk in the open. Steve knew that that would be suicidal. They didn't walk either. It was a trot, staying close to the desolate buildings, using them as cover where they could. Suddenly Steve pulled up to a stop and stepped back into the still forward moving Evie. it took a second but she soon saw what Steve had seen. Gunther. Set up, looking out towards the main entrance. Steve was pleased that he had guessed that they would have that covered. He turned and silently, using gestures told Evie to stay put and cover him. He was hoping that James was covering Evie. In fact James wasn't... at least not directly.

Steve quietly stepped out and approached Gunther from behind. He got to within about 5 ft before Gunther sensed something and turned quickly, raising his weapon as he did so. The first shot rang out and Steve stood expecting to feel the bullet ripping through his chest any second... but the second passed... as did the next one. And as he refocused he saw that it was Gunther that was collapsing and a red stain was spreading across his chest. Evie stepped out in Steve's footsteps. It was Evie's shot that had rang out. Steve opened his mouth to say something, but a second shot echoed around the buildings. Both Steve and Evie turned to look in the direction it had come from. They stared hard into the dawn and after a few moments they saw James standing up trotting down the side of a hill towards them. Steve guessed that there must have been someone else... someone unseen by both him and Evie. Someone who was now dead thanks to James. That someone was Vincent. 1000yards away on the opposite hillside.

"Let's go find Tom and get Randall back where he belongs." Steve said once James had arrived. The job wasn't done yet and any celerations and expressions of gratitude would wait until they were all safe.

The three of them walked cautiously for another few minutes. Suddenly Steve caught something out of the corner of his eye; a slight movement but enough. He shouted for Evie and James to take cover and he fired three rapid shots. They all heard the cry of pain and then nothing. James picked himself up and after a quick exchange of looks with Steve he went off in the direction that Steve had fired. A few minutes later he reappeared and drew his left hand across his throat.

Simon was ready to pull the trigger when he heard the first shot. That was followed by a second one which made Simon turn his head towards were the sounds were coming from. His eyes were busy searching around, looking for signs of who was firing. Tom knew that it was now or never. He lunged at Simon and even though Simon was surprised, he still fired Evie's Glock. A bullet from the glock hit Tom straight in his chest knocking him back and to the ground. Simon started to laugh as he looked down at Tom, then he turned his head towards Mary. " See how the hero dies.......Such a fool to believe that he could out wit a God! " Simon was to busy enjoying his victory over Tom to notice that Tom sat up then stood up. Mary's eyes went wide and her face became pale when she saw Tom seemingly return from the dead. Simon notice the look on Mary's face, he started to turn his head back when Tom through a kick into the air. Tom's foot landed against Simon's hand knocking the glock free. Evie's weapon flipped into the air then after hitting the concert, it slid away about 20 feet. " NO!......NO!.......THIS CAN'T BE!.......YOU'RE DEAD!.......I SHOT YOU!.....THIS MUST BE A TRICK!! " Simon said in utter disbelief of what he was seeing. Tom made a second lunge at Simon, but he was ready and grabbed Tori. Simon pushed Tori straight into Tom's lunge, she hit him and they both went down. " COME ON!! " Mary screamed out as another shot came from the park. She grabbed Simon and started to pull him away. " We still have unfinished business! " Mary's voice rang out loud and clear for Tom to hear. He was finally able to get Tori from off of his chest. She freaked out being thrown into what she thought was a dead man who was walking again. Tom dashed for Evie's glock, he grabbed it that started after Simon and Mary who were heading for the back of the park.

Tom fired off a shot, followed by a second as Simon & Mary disappeared into a building. Suddenly as Tom was moving up to the door where Simon went in, Mary appeared with an M-16. She started cracking off shots at Tom who dropped and rolled towards the safety of a small until shed. A few more shots hit the metal building then Tom peeked around the corner and returned fire. Just as suddenly as the fire from the build had started, it stopped. All the shooting seemed to have finally stopped all over the old water park. Tom slowly stood up, he moved carefully forward while keep the glock aimed at the door where Mary once stood. He reached the doorway ducking to the left, he then looked inside. There was no sign of movement, Tom slipped inside for a look around. Tom searched the building until he found a rear door was open. He left the building through the back and end up in the rear parking lot after going through a hole in the fence.

Tori moved to where she was sitting against the old shark tank. She had her knees tucked up into her body. Tori's arms were wrapped around her legs keeping her knees locked. She had been through hell with Simon and his family. Then Tori saw a man get shot in the chest, fall to the ground and still get back up. Tori had pretty much become like a scared little rabbit hiding herself from predators.

When the Taylors heard the automatic gun fire, they started to run and run hard. They didn't need to say anything to each other; they didn't need to ask any questions. They just started to run. Because of where they were, they hadnt heard any of the earlier shots, but the sound of the M-16 was unmistakable.

It was Torri they came across first, sitting almost curled up against the wall, shaking and sobbing and staring in front of her. The three of them stopped quickly, breathing hard. Evie then realized that both Steve and James were looking at her, expectantly. She couldn't help but shake her head a little in disbelief. No matter what level or division, female cops were always expected to do undertake the 'caring side' of police work; comforting the victims - particularly women and children. She slipped the Glock into her pocket and started towards where Torri was sat, rocking slowly back and forth.

"It's okay, Torri. It's over. I'm a cop... these guys too... it's okay. You're gonna be safe now."

Torri didn't seem to hear. Evie stopped for a moment and then moved down onto her knees, shuffling slowly towards Torri and wrapping an arm gently around her shoulders. When Torri seemed to collapse a little against her, she looked back to her brothers and nodded; silently telling them she would be okay; telling them they should go find Reed. They didn't need a second invitation and they disappeared into the darkness.

Ten minutes later, Evie and Torri stepped out of the back door into the rear parking lot. Torri was barely walking and the two women were moving incredibly slowly. Almost as soon as they were outside, Evie saw Steve, James and Reed; Reed was walking off in front of his car until he found what he was looking for. He bent down and picked up the Desert Eagle and slipped it back into his jacket. The three men looked at Evie as she approached, her arm still wrapped around a shaking, still-sobbing Torri.

"We should call an EMT" Evie said quietly as she approached

"Already on it's way." Evie nodded and set Torri on the hood of Reed's car. Evie took her jacket off, taking the Glock out of the pocket first, and wrapped it around Torri's shoulders. Within a few minutes, the red of blue lights of the EMT illuminated the parking lot followed by two police cruisers. Steve went over to the first and filled them in, telling them to get a crime scene unit and advising them of the three bodies that were in various locations around the main entrance. Once Evie has passed Torri over to the EMTs she went back to Reed and James' leaving her jacket with Torri. She smiled at Reed.

"You okay?" He nodded. "Yeah. Gonna have a hell of a bruise..." he opened the buttons on his shirt to show the dark blue police issue vest and immediately over his heart the end of a .45 shell was just visible in the fabric. "That's why Torri thinks she saw someone rise from the dead huh?" Reed nodded. "Simon and Mary thought the same thing."

"So now what?" James asked.

"Mary said something about them still having 'unfinished business'. That only means one things as far as I can see." Reed said.

"The old man." James said. Reed nodded. "We'll meet up a block away from your Dad's place. Go round there on foot. Evie you come with me okay?" Evie nodded, her concern now entirely focused on her father. She was starting today as she had started yesterday.

As they were about to leave, the CSI unit pulled into the lot. Reed told them to hang on and he walked over to them. He spoke for a few minutes and then handed something over. The Taylor's couldnt hear what was being said and didn't see clearly what had been handed over. Steve was pretty sure he knew and he took a quick look at Evie who certainly wasn't showing that she knew.
Steve gave Evie a sligh push in the direction of Reed's car, indicating that they needed to get moving and the brothers headed over to the Camero.

Evie climbed in and a couple of moments later, Reed joined her. She looked at him as he turned the key.

"That was my Glock wasn't it?" Reed turned, looked at her for a moment and then nodded. "It's evidence Evie. They needed to have it." Evie nodded and then looked away, breathing out slowly. "I know."

Tori would get help in dealing with what Simon had put her through. The official word handed out to the press was that Tori was suffering from an addiction to pain pills. Her people would tell everyone that she had injured herself on the last movie she did. Then she ended up getting hooked on the pain pills. They would cover up the truth about what really happened to the superstar.

Mary & Simon had stopped then killed the home health nurse who was on her way too see Jack. During their time watching Jack's house, they noticed that these nurses came and went twice a day. Mary changed into the nurse's clothing, she then drove her car too Jack's house. The patrol officers didn't think twice when a nurse walked up to them. They tipped their hats and let her pass. Once inside, Mary used a syringe to drug the officer who was on guard there. She then drugged the officer who was standing watch in the back of the house. Simon was able to enter the house without trouble. Jack had been busy working at his desk in the den. He had been reading the personnel file on Officer Lisa Tataglia when the murderous pair appeared. Normally Jack was a fighter and even with a broken & collarbone, Jack could give as good as he got. But Jack see the desperate looks on their faces and in their eyes. He knew that his kids and Tom were hot on their trail. Simon ordered Jack to stand up and come with him. Jack nodded his head then asked where they were going? Simon happily told Jack where they were taking him. " The salvage yard down at the L.A. Docks. " This wasn't a surprise too Jack since that area was where he and Tom stopped Simon before. Without being seen by Simon or Mary, Jack was able to write the words salvage and L.A. Docks. Jack then joined Simon & Mary who took him out from the back of the house. Their van was waiting and they were gone.

It time, Evie would get her weapon back. She could rest easy in the knowledge that her glock was no longer in the hands of Simon Randell. Her partner had taken it back and it was in police hands for now. The four detectives raced to Jack's house. They stopped a block away then came to the house on foot. There were two uniformed officers out front who reported that nothing odd was happening. They did say that the home health nurse had gone in about 10 minutes ago. Tom, Evie and her brother dashed into Jack's house. They found the officer inside and the one out back knocked out, but there was no sign of Jack. Tom hovered around Jack's deck then noticed the writing on the inside cover of Lisa's file. He called Evie over to have a look. " They've take Jack to where it all ended the last time. " Tom said as he looked to Evie then to each of her brothers. The four raced out of the house and down the street to their cars. Both cars where gone in seconds and heading for the docks.

The four of them climbed quickly back into their respective cars. It took about 20 minutes to get there. Reed knew exactly where he was going. The exact pier. So he had led the way, with Steve driving just behind him. When they entered the Docks, Reed eased his foot off the accelerator, letting the creep over the Tarmac and shail. He stopped about half a mile away from the pier in question and eased out of the car. The four came together again to plan their attack.

For where the four detectives stood there was a large warehouse on their left and the ship salvage yard on their right. It had been at the pier which was just ahead that the final battle had been fought. The battle which brought Simon's first reign terror had ended. No one had time to talk over a plan, Simon just seemed to appear from no where with Jack being held as a human shield. Jack looked at his children and his close friend who were looking back at him. Simon was grinning from ear to ear, he held a gun at Jack's head. " This is a more fitting place for ends......Don't you agree Tommy Boy? " Simon was speaking of the salvage yard where ship come to be cut into pieces. " If you want to end everything so badly......Let Jack go and face me.....We can end this here and now. " Tom said as he reached into his coat and pulled out his Desert Eagle.

That very moment, James yelled out for everyone to get down. He had spotted Mary hiding behind some crates. She was holding an M-16 which was pointing at the group through a small opening. Mary unloaded a deadly hail of gun fire which sent everyone ducking for cover. Tom, Evie, Steve and James returned fire at Mary. That was the moment that Jack started to struggle against Simon. It was hard for him since Simon was holding Jack around the neck and was even now trying to choke the life out of him. " Jack needs a hand! " Tom yelled out as he could see what was happening. " Evie......Make a run for it.....Go help your Dad! " Tom said as he and Evie's brothers gave her cover fire.

As Simon appeared, all four cops raised their weapons quickly; all four aiming directly at Simon; all four of them stood in the classic police shooting pose, one hand holding onto the wrist of the hand that was holding the gun, elbows bent - relaxed - ready. Evie stared intently at Simon, her gaze only being broken when she took a quick look at her Dad, who didn't seem in the least bit concerned about his own safety. It was a relative stand off; Simon wasn't going to take Tom instead of Jack. In the end there was no choice available to him - at least not at that moment. The heavy silence following Reed's offer was broken by James shouting for everyone to get down.

As they had done when they had drawn their weapons, all four of them moved in unison, throwing themselves flat and down, waiting for the sound of whatever it was to come from somewhere and hopefully fly over their heads. And the sound came. It was loud. Long. A hail of M-16 gunfire that was quickly returned by two Glocks, a SIG and the Desert Eagle. Evie wasn't looking at Simon any more... or at her Dad and it wasn't until Reed said something to her that she looked back and saw her Dad starting to struggle with Simon. She didn't need Reed to tell her again.

Trying to keep low, but getting to her feet, trusting that the three she left behind would give her enough cover, she ran. She ran hard and fast and low. Evie wasn't a big woman, but she was strong for her size and she was running hard. She hit Simon full on, wrapping her arms around his waist and using her momentum to take him forward. She knew her Dad had been pulled down too - she heard him cry out - but as she rolled and pulled Simon with her, she knew that Simon hadn't managed to keep hold of Jack. As they rolled, and as Evie came over the top of Simon, she lifted her right hand; the hand which held the Glock. She swung it as hard as she could, effectively pistol-whipping Simon straight across the temple. Simon was too disorientated to see it coming. And after the first blow, when Evie reversed the direction of her right arm, he didn't see the second blow either. With Simon semi-conscious on the ground, she pushed herself off the ground. And it was was that moment that the pain exploded in her left shoulder again. She hadn't felt it when she had ploughed into Simon. She hadn't felt it when she had hit the ground and rolled. But now she did. Cradling her arm a little she tried to move as quickly as she could over to her Dad who half way to his feet, cradling his own arm. Evie knew it would have hurt when he went down, and she was pretty confident that in going for Simon, she was going to hurt her Dad too. But she couldn't see any other way.

"Come on... let's get you out of..." she reached out her right hand and took hold of her father's as he reached up for hers. She pulled, levering him to his feet and then, hooking her right arm around his waist, the two of them using each other for support, they began to run, trying to keep as low as they could, back to where Reed and Steve and James were still firing.

Evie was sure they were going to make it; just another 10 yards; a few more paces. And then she felt the biggest thump in her back that she had ever felt. She wasn't sure what she was aware of first - the pressure wave, the sound of the explosion, the heat. There was so little time between them. All she knew was that she was suddenly flying over the last few yards, her feet literally off the floor. And the next thing she knew she was hitting the concrete and the pain in her shoulder exploded again, making her scream.

The gun fire between Mary Cash and Tom, Steve and James grew very heavy. Mary was spray firing the M-16 everywhere hoping to hit something. She had seen Evie dash off towards where Simon was standing, but there was little Mary could too help him. The handguns pointed at where Mary was hiding kept her from moving. It took a few minutes before Mary realized that the shoots from Tom's Desert Eagle were passing through the crates she was hiding behind. Mary decided it was time to run, so she started to move out from her hiding place. She came out from behind the crates still firing at Tom, Steve and James. By this, Evie was on her way back with Jack. Mary noticed that she had two easy targets in Evie and Jack. She raised the M-16 up and took aim at Evie. Tom stood up from behind a work truck pointing his Desert Eagle straight at Mary. Her finger was just starting to tighten around the trigger of the weapon when a loud crack was heard. The .50 cal bullet ripped it's way well passed Evie & Jack and struck Mary dead center in her chest. Mary's body jerk backwards as a cloud of red mist exited from her back. As she was falling, Mary started to turn slightly to her left. The M-16 lowered as she was going down and with her finger still on the trigger, the weapon discharged.

A single 5.56 round left the weapon and hit a tank filled with acetylene. The Acetylene exploded which knocked Evie & Jack to the ground. The blast had also knocked Tom, Steve and James down. Just as the first tank blew up, black n whites were arriving. Two more flammable tanks went up and fire started to spread acrossed the docks. The arriving officers called for Fire and EMS to respond to the scene. Tom and Evie's brothers quickly recovered from being knocked down and rescued Evie and Jack. Steve & James helped Jack to safety while Tom picked Evie up in his arms and carried her away. Jack & Evie were placed in the care of the first EMS squad to arrive. Tom, Steve and James returned to the dock area each trying their best too spot Simon. No one had seem what happened too him after Evie knocked him to the ground then slugged him acrossed the face. That area of the salvage yard was an blazing inferno, it would be impossible too see anyone or anything until the fire was put out.

The three detectives returned to where Jack and Evie were receiving their care from the med tech. Jack was already swearing up a storm, but not because of what happened. He was cussing a blue streak because this meant he had to take more time off.

Evie sat on the back of the EMS. She was leaning against the right side of the wagon, her eyes closed, smiling and grimacing. She couldn't help but smile at her Dad's moaning. Jack Taylor could be a royal pain in the ass when he wanted to be but Evie was just relieved that it wasn't been directed to her. She was grimacing at the pain radiating from her shoulder. In fact she'd also picked up more cuts and bruises on her left arm. Having given her jacket to Torri, the sleeveless vest that she had been wearing under it offered her arms no protection. The dressing on her bullet wound was partially torn away from her skin and blood had leaked through both it and her vest. Just at that moment, the technician probed a little deeper than before.

"Owwww...jeez..." Evie opened her eyes and glared at the bg man tending to her shoulder.

"Are they gonna be okay?" Steve asked, trying to appear unconcerned, asking in the same way as he would if they were ordinary members of the public. The technician looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah. We"re gonna take Mr Taylor with us to reduce his shoulder...it's dislocated again and the swelling is worse this time round. This one is just some minor abrasions and I need to repack the earlier GSW." Again, as the man tended to her injuries and drew an antiseptic soaked cotton swab over her arm, Evie yelped out in pain.

"Evie...Don't be such a baby." Steve said. "It's a scratch." There was the meerest hint of a smirk on Steve's face as he tried to wind his sister up. He succeeded. Evie shifted her glare to her brother. She lifted her right hand and simply raised a middle finger to him. Steve started to say something but didn't get the chance.

"EVELYN! Don't use that kind of language please and certainly not to your brother." the medication hadn't quite taken effect on her dad and he chastised his daughter just as he would have done when she was a child. Evie looked at him and then at Steve, her cheeks reddening just as they did when she was shouted at as a child. Steve was surprised by his father's response and when he looked back at Evie he couldn't help but laugh. The tension suddenly released. He hooked his left hand around the back of Evie's neck and gave it a squeeze as he pulled his sister affectionately towards him. Evie couldn't help but chuckle as her forehead came to rest for a moment on her brother's lower chest. Steve leaned forward and kissed the top of her head.

"Nice job" he said quietly. As he let her go, she looked up at him, a little surprised by the compliment but suddenly proud at her brother's compliment. She smiled.

"You too...oowwwWWW" Steve couldn't help but laugh again.

"So where do we think Simon has gone then. He's on his own now. Where would he run?" James asked to no-one in particular.

Everyone looked at James when he spoke about Simon as if he was growing a third eye in the middle of his forehead. At this point in time no one could tell if he even survived the explosions and fire. It would be another 6 hours before the L.A. City Fire Department would bring the fire under control. After that it would take another few days to sift through everything that was chard. The fire department would recover Mary's burned body, but nothing was found of any other body. Simon of course could have been blown out into the water and became food for any passing sharks that could stomach eating anything as bad as Simon. There was also the chance that his body had been blown to bits during one of the many explosion. As badly as everything was burned, it was hard to believe that anyone let alone Simon could have lived. It did seem that James was the only one who thought that he could have escaped again.

Days melted into weeks which melted into months. Evie was given time off to fully recover from her gunshot wound. Jack too had extra time off which he used to come up with Operation: Take Down. Jack had been trying for the last few years to nail one of the biggest drug dealers in the city. Each time Jack and his Narcotics Division would get close enough to The Snowman, fate would step in and let him slip away. They were close so many times and something always went wrong. The evidence against Clayton Snow was once destroyed. Then there was a time when it was lost. The Snowman always seemed to be one step ahead of Jack and his people. Besides being a big time drug dealer, Clayton Snow was one of the two biggest pimps in the city. The one being Alvan Hayes = aka King Hayes, but Hayes wasn't a drug dealer. Times were getting tough on the streets of L.A. and money was tighter then a virgin's pussy. A summit meeting was held a week before Simon Randell broke out of jail. At this meeting King Hayes & The Snowman decided to take over the streets. The independent girls were cutting to deep into their pockets and they needed to go or join up. The word was sent out to the girls, either join up with King Hayes, The Snowman or one of the small time pimps, or get off the streets. For the girls who were brave enough to hold out and refuse, war was declared.

Jack was once again sitting in his den going over some paperwork. He was reading Steve's finally report on the botched raid at one of The Snowman's drug labs which happened just a day before Simon's escape from prison. In Steve's report he said how Detective William Daniels was shot in the chest by one of the fleeing suspects. He also stated that Officer Lisa Tataglia failed to draw her weapon and fight back. Steve then said that Lisa should be riding a desk and not out in the field. Jack just shook his head, he could see where Steve was coming from. But Steve just couldn't see Lisa the way Jack saw her. This was the second time since she returned to duty that she couldn't pull and fire her pistol. Yet Jack still felt that Lisa was worth one more chance.

Lisa who had returned to work not long ago after shooting and killing a young kid was still having trouble. She couldn't pull and use her weapon. Lisa had been riding a desk and it seemed like her career was over. Jack had heard about what happened. He knew that Lisa was a second generation cop. Jack knew her father well, the two use to go bowling every Friday night. Lisa was a good cop and Jack couldn't let her just give up. Good cops like Lisa have had their career's destroyed because they let a tragedy eat away at their gut. Jack spoke with Lisa's commanding officer, Lt. Benito " Benny " Morales who was in charge of the uniformed officers at the Central Station. The two spoke about Lisa and when Jack was done, he had talked Benny into letting Lisa join Jack's Division. She become a temporary member of the Gang and Narcotics team. Jack was now at odds with his oldest son who was also his second in command, over the fact that Lisa was on the team. On the day that Jack returned to duty he spoke with Lt. Lesley Tamura about transferring Lisa to Robbery/Homicide for a short time. Lesley wasn't crazy about this idea, but she knew Jack wasn't a man who puts faith in people without good reason. She agreed to let Lisa come on board, but only if Tom & Evie agreed to team up with her. Jack now had to convince his best friend and his daughter to accept Lisa. This wouldn't be easy since Lisa's last two partners ended up in the hospital with major gunshot wounds. Both men survived these wounds, but neither wanted to work with Lisa again. This was the case for almost every cop at the Central Station, no one wanted Lisa as a partner.

That same day, Jack took Evie & Tom to lunch. They both knew that something was up because Jack didn't spring for lunch unless he wanted a favor. Jack did most of the talking while Evie & Tom sat there looking at him then at each other. It took most of their lunch hour, but at the end both Tom & Evie agreed to let Lisa ride with them. Jack even asked Evie become Lisa's friend and get close in the hopes that she could reach Lisa in ways that others had failed. Tom had some misgivings about this, but he and Jack were close. Jack Taylor was a great judge of character and if Jack saw something worth saving in Lisa, then that was good enough for Tom. Tom always did say that Jack was the best damn cop on the force. Jack on the other hand said the same about Tom.

It was now almost the middle of August and a new work week was just starting. Today would be Lisa's first day in Robbery/Homicide and her first day meeting Tom & Evie face to face. Tom was already sitting at his desk finishing up a report on the current case he and Evie were working on. A small group of subjects were hitting Jewelry Stores during the day time in what the police call smash and grab. They would rush in take over the place then smash the cases open and grab what they could in 2 minutes. These crooks were called the 2 minute bandits by the press.

Evie took a week at home, spending most of the time in bed; most of it in her bed and most of it alone. After that was three weeks of absolutely being confined to the desk – between them, Tamura and Reed barely let her out of their sights. She had needed to see the police medics and she had been put on a regimen of physio, which had not included running. Her morning runs had been suspended, the jarring causing too much pain in her shoulder. She had been told to take the month... she had managed two weeks and had then taken a gentle jog, doing half the distance she normally did. Two weeks away and she was more than aware that her fitness level had dropped. She had finally past the full fitness test and been given her wings back. There was the occasional visit from Rick and she made the occasional trip to Bel Air. Evie and Rick enjoyed each other’s company and they enjoyed each other in bed. In the end though, the combination of Rick’s past, his present in the form of his son (not that Reed had ever been told), and Evie’s job led them to decide that a permanent relationship was not the most practical of options; they hadn’t ruled out the possibility of a succession of one-night stands but something permanent, exclusive, enduring... it wasn’t really what either of them wanted at that moment in their lives.

At the start of the week she had returned to desk work, word had come through that her Glock had indeed been used to shoot and kill Father Drew. At the time she heard, it didn’t really seem to sink in. The weapon hadn’t been returned to her at that point; that took until the end of the week. When it arrived back at the station she had gone down to the armoury on her own to pick it up but when she saw it, she realized that it wasn’t something she wanted back. She had taken it; what else could she do? She had said nothing to Reed but had gone home at the end of the day and picked up a large bottle of scotch. Reed had ultimately heard and it had been James that he had called. James had turned up on Evie’s door when she was about a third of the way down the bottle. He had stayed with her, helped her drink a little more, and had given her the shoulder to cry on. He slept in her spare room, had gotten her out of bed mid-morning and cooked her breakfast, practically force feeding it to her. Then, he had insisted she take a drive with him. James had been on the phone to Reed and the two of them had agreed to meet up at the Academy shooting range, the same place they had all been competing a few weeks before. Between them James and Reed effectively put Evie through her paces; reminding her that guns didn’t kill people – people killed people and then making her work the competition course again and again and again, firing her own weapon again and again and again. Initially Evie had dug her heels in – as James was more than expecting – but he could be equally obstinate. Once he and Reed had convinced her that they were going nowhere until she did what they asked, she relented. It was almost dusk by the time they left and Evie had gone through boxes of ammunition and even though this wasn’t about accuracy, she had finished up scoring three perfect rounds consecutively. James drove both of them to Malone’s with Reed following in his own car and Evie bought them all dinner as a thank you.

That weekend had effectively been the closure that everyone had needed on the Randell case. Almost. James was still the only one of the four of them who thought that Simon had gotten away, but they had all agreed there was nothing they could do except wait... and hope that James was wrong.

And things pretty much returned to normal. Steve and James had returned to their own divisions, as did Jack once he had had a couple of months enforced leave and then restricted duty. They were all well aware of the fact though that Jack was still working; they all knew the name ‘Clayton Snow’ very well. But when Jack asked Reed and Evie to meet him for lunch, neither one of them suspected what was coming.

Evie had sat through the lunch quietly as Jack had explained what he thought, what he had managed to set up, and what he needed from them. To his credit, he didn’t leave anything out; he had even told them that Steve wasn’t too happy about any of this. That was perhaps what worried Evie most of all; her Dad was putting her in the middle of him and Steve – two men she worshipped (although it would be a cold day in hell before she admitted that to either one of them). It wasn’t as if the two of them had never disagreed on police matters before of course; Steve was very much his own man. But Evie had never been asked to stand on one side or the other before. That Tom had his misgivings too reinforced the fact that maybe Jack was wrong on this one; maybe it was a bit of a forlorn hope to think he could ‘save’ this girl. And if someone else got shot as a result...? But how could Evie deny her own father and when Tom had ultimately agreed, the decision was made. When Steve had found out that Jack had wanted Lisa with Evie, James had needed to practically pin him to the wall of the locker room to stop him storming up to their father’s office. Truth be told, James was really with Steve, but his Dad, Tamura, Reed... there were a lot of people who thought this was gonna to work okay. “Dad wouldn’t put Evie at risk... you KNOW that. Besides... she’s a good cop. How could she not be with you and me teaching her everything she needs to know?” James’ last comment had gotten Steve to stand down... for now.

Evie had sympathy for Tataglia – she seemed to go from one ‘worst cop’s nightmare’ to another – but she also knew that she couldn’t come close to understanding how it felt. And she silently prayed that that would always be the case. She wondered how she would respond if she did ever find herself in that position; her family would be a big part of it – what James and Reed had done that weekend... and that was a minor problem by comparison. One thing she was sure about though; she couldn’t ever see herself putting anyone else – particularly another cop – in danger. If it came to that, she would quit first!

The day had started with the run, the coffee, the drive into work (she had so far managed to avoid hitting anything with the Mustang or being hit by anything so James had lost his bet). She pulled into the parking garage and jumped in the elevator up to the squad room. At some point this morning, she would be introduced to Lisa Tataglia. She found Reed finishing the report from the last smash and grab. As she took her third cup of coffee of the morning, she read through what he had written. She looked up at the downtown map they had on the wall with markers in representing each store that had been hit. There was no pattern that they could see. But every four-six days seemed to be the time period involved. Today was day number four.

Lisa Tataglia wasn't sure what to expect after being sent from Narcotics to Robbery/Homicide. Jack had told her about the transfer last night over the phone. He explained that she wasn't being punished and this transfer would hopefully help her regain her confidence. Lisa felt that Jack was sweet because he was trying so hard too see that she didn't wash out. The pretty young officer with the shoulder length dark hair walked into the Central Station. Lisa who was 22 years old stood 5'7" and weighting 125 lbs. She scored high marks in all of her classes at the academy, graduating 4th in her class just over 2 years ago. The last 2 years hadn't been the best of times for Lisa. After leaving the academy Lisa landed the worst training partner any women could have. Sergeant Gus McCaffrey had been given Lisa as a new partner. This was like handing a live chicken to a hungry fox. McCaffrey was a total pig when it came to women being on the police force. He believed that there were only two places for a women, in the kitchen and in the bedroom.

Lisa lived a life of pure hell under McCaffrey's care and she was glad when her probationary period was over. Life moves on and so did Lisa to a new partner. She never did reveal what McCaffrey did to her during their time together and she was hoping never too see him again. But during the worst moments in a person's life, sometimes bad things keep happening. Lisa was hoping that things would go better for her at Robbery/Homicide, but her track record had been good these days.

Lisa turned right heading for the squad room of Robbery/Homicide instead of walking straight then turning into the Narcotics squad room. No one took notice of her when she first came in. Lisa walked up to a detective sitting at his desk and asked where Sergeant Reed was. The man didn't look up at first when Lisa spoke. He did as he pointed at Tom then he noticed who she was. A scowl came over his face as though he had just seen the most foul scum walk into the room. Lisa nodded and left quickly hoping to cross the floor without much trouble. As Lisa walked she started too hear the grumblings about her. " Washed up ", " has been ", " damaged goods " were the words coming from the lips of the detectives as she passed by. Lisa finally reached the desk where the other detective had pointed. She looked at Tom first then shifted her eyes over at Evie. Lisa looked back at Tom before speaking. " Sergeant Reed?......I'm Officer Lisa Tataglia.....Lt. Taylor told me to report too you today. " Tom looked up at the young officer standing beside his desk. He could see that Lisa was dressed for plan clothes, she was wearing blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a light coat. " Welcome to Robbery/Homicide Lisa.......This is my partner Detective Evelyn Taylor. " Tom held out his hand and shook Lisa's. She sat down in a chair which had been placed there. Tom had to apologize to Lisa since they didn't have a desk for her, but he said they would by the end of the day. Lisa sat down smiling as Tom talked, she was afraid to even look at Evie since Steve had been so nasty too her. Steve hadn't said a nice word to Lisa since she arrived at the Central Station and she expected the same treatment from Evie.

Evie started to hear the comments before anything else and she looked up just as Lisa arrived at the desk and spoke to Reed. As she was speaking, Evie stared at the guys who had made them. She glanced at Lisa; the girl had to have heard them. Evie shook her head a little to herself. it wasn't difficult to see at least part of the reason that Lisa was having a hard time finding any confidence if everywhere she went this was what other cops were saying - almost openly. Evie noticed that she barely looked at her. She couldn't help but be a little puzzled but she didn't say anything. She got out of her chair and walked over to the coffee pot. She poured out two mugs and carried them over to the desk. She set one down in front of Reed and then held the other out for Lisa.

"Im not sure that anyone takes cream or sugar around here, but if you want them I can see if I can scrounge some from somewhere."

Lisa looked at Evie and then the mug and then back up to Evie again. She looked like a scared rabbit... ready to run at any minute. Lisa took the mug and mumbled a thank you but looked back to Reed almost immediately. Evie wondered exactly why her Dad thought that she might be able to help her; at the moment it was clear the girl seemed to scared to engage with anyone except Reed. Maybe Reed could be the one to reach her. Evie picked up her mug and went back to the coffee, refilling it before she set herself back down at her desk, waiting for Reed to decide how exactly they were going to work as a threesome.

Tom was just finishing up some paperwork as Detective Webb passed by. " You two had better be wearing your vest today. " He said while laughing opening. Tom looked up then leaned back into his chair. " Webb!? " Detective Webb turned when he heard Tom call out his name. " Unless you want to work the next few months under cover in the gay clubs downtown I'd keep your comments to yourself! " Tom snapped out at Webb, then he rose up from his seat. " Lets get this clear!.......I expect everyone to professional here in the squad room!......We all work for the same department and we all carry the same badge!.......No one will be treated any different!....If you have a problem with anyone here!......Bring too me or to Lt. Tamura! " Tom was laying it out on the line which made Lisa sink into her seat. " I'm not looking for any trouble. " Lisa said as she finally made eye contact with Evie.

Just as Tom finished reminding the others of how they should act, Lt. Tamura came into the squad room. " Well said Sergeant. " Lesley said as she walked over and stood beside Tom. " Lisa Tataglia is a members of this squad until I say different!....Anyone who wants to transfer to another department speak up now. " Lesley's voice rang out loud, but no one took her up on the offer to transfer. She then turned and introduced herself to Lisa before heading for her office. Tom sat back down and finished his paperwork. He closed the file then stood up and grabbed his coat. " Okay girls.......Lets hit the streets......We've got bad guys to catch. " Tom slipped on his coat then headed for the door. Lisa stood and walked along with Evie.

Evie stared at Reed for a moment, a look of surprise on her face. 'GIrls'? She thought to herself. Was this what it was going to be like from now on? Had she suddenly found herself in some awful rerun of Charlie's Angels when being patronising was fashionable. She watched as Lisa stood up and started to walk with Tom out of the door. She finished her coffee, pulled the Glock out of her drawer and as she followed the two of them out of the squad room, she slipped it in the holster.

Back
Top Bottom