Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Twins Beginings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serenity

Supernova

The Beginnings
""The gods looked unto the world and watched as chaos ripped the lands apart; watched as man tore their own world asunder with wars. Observed as they savagely ripped each other to pieces over hatred, greed, lust; the lust for sex, riches, and above all power.

Certainly a world not worth saving nor even trying to help and some of the gods agreed to let them bring about their own demise. Yet some spoke out against the action, saying it was too harsh for there was good in that twisted world and it should be given a chance to flourish. They argued over what should be done for some time before a decision was made to create two beings, twins, who would be charged with keeping the balance, so to speak and with that decision and a snap of a finger the deal was done.

Off somewhere in the night sky a giant blue star pulsed like a small heart-beat and a distant voice reached across the expanse of space "You two will bring prosperity and light to the chaos stricken world." the voice was soft and gentle almost echoing in nature. At the words the blue star pulsed again slightly stronger this time, growing brighter. "Breathe..." the voice urged on and the pulsing came quicker, more insistent, an almost inaudible "thump,thump,thumping" of a heart reverberating around the pulsing, a stronger glow emanated from within the star and the thumping grew louder, becoming the echo of two thumping hearts, and the star seemed to almost shake and break apart.

It was beginning to die and collapse in on itself, dust particles circled around the dying star and with one final pulse it collapsed and exploded, the explosion spreading out like a wave crashing over land, and just like water it pulled back into the source and disappeared into a giant burst of darkness, the darkness darker than even the black emptiness of space.

The shadows dissipated and where the star once was there was now two women identical in every possible way except for the gems that adorned their foreheads. They seemed almost in a sort of slumber curled next to each other forming an odd sort of circular shape resembling the yin and yang symbol.

The women opened their eyes and blinked slowly, moving they reached out and grabbed each others hands "Now go and restore the world to it's true beauty." the voice said fading away and with that they were sent hurling to their destination. All the while their fingers remained inter-laced.

They entered the orbit of the planet and the gravitational pull sucked them in, the air around them began heating up intensely as they entered the atmosphere and soon flames were engulfing them but not destroying them. The flames and heat only grew in intensity as they crashed towards the surface. It wasn't long before they were falling through the sky about to crash right into the ground at unreal speeds, right before impact one of the twins eyes flashed and the ground below them exploded, as the dust cleared the women could be seen standing in the crater unharmed and still holding hands." "

RE: The Twins Hajime

Tsukiko pursed her lips and stared at the ground in mild frustration, once again her twin Hikaru had decided they should take a small break and she would take the time to try and teach her the few spoken words she had learned....Tsukiko had no patience for it and only endured the torturous hours for the sake of pleasing her twin. This time she'd chosen to have them stop in a clearing somewhere between one of the towns that the humans populated and a forest; it was a quiet pleasant place with a small breeze and stream running through a small hill. There was plenty of flowers and the sun shone brightly the white flowers seemed to almost glow with the attention of the sun.

Rubbing her temples she raised her head and rubbed the back of her neck "I'm sorry Hikaru...I dont have a knack for these mortals spoken words..." she thought to her sister. Stretching her legs out she stood up and cracked her back; she didn't overly enjoy sitting in place for extended periods of time. There was a part of her that whispered to her to move and to kill. The whispering had began when they had just gotten to this world; they'd been attacked and instinct took over and she'd slaughtered them all. She could still remember the rush and the thrill and the feel of the blood running down her skin and their horrified screams but, along with that memory came the memory of her sisters shocked expression. With that came a gut-wrenching feeling of shame, so she tucked the memory away and locked it up.

Turning her head she glanced at her twin and sighed softly; she was so much calmer and kinder and so much more pure, her other half. While she herself was a brew of darkness and things so much darker it frightened her to look much deeper, she could always feel it deep within her trying to get free and claim her. Did hikaru have the same problem? she had to wonder but she didn't dare ask...wondering was well and fine because then she could think her twin did have that problem and that she wasn't alone in her fears.

Shaking her head of these thoughts she pushed them away to fester in the back of her mind. "Hey hikaru...don't you think we should keep moving...we haven't even an idea of how long we've been here...nor what our purpose is...are we...I mean..me..am I to just kill them all?..." she thought trailing off uncertain of how she should continue. "I don't know...this world is chaotic and as uncertain as we are...if I were to kill all that is wrong then I'd need to destroy the world as a whole for all these beings hold so much darkness in them....but if that were the case wouldn't it have been easier for the gods to have destroyed it themselves? Instead of creating and sending us?" she thought taking a few steps towards her twin.

A calming warmth settled over her doubtful heart as she stepped beside Hikaru wondering what her twins thoughts might be on her own musings of their purpose.

Hikaru stifled a giggle, raising the back of her hand to shield her mouth, and hide the corners of her lips that had drawn up slightly, hinting at a smile. She could feel her sisters distaste for learning and found it amusing. If it was for her amusement alone she wouldn't attempt to teach the stubborn Tsukiko. But for some reason she felt compelled to learn the speech of the mortal creatures, communication seemed an important step to take in order to live in a world such as this.

She reached out to lightly rub her sisters back, a gesture she had learned to be comforting. Its alright dear one. You will come to understand what I'm trying to teach...it might just take a little longer, that's all.

Though they were twins in every way physically, she was learning quickly that they were two very different people, extreme opposites one might say. While Tsukiko's darker nature became more apparent in the way she revelled in a slaughter, in the way she enjoyed blood shed, and in the way she viewed the world. Hikaru's nature was revealed to be the opposite. She ached for all things light, yearned to end suffering, and heal wounded, it ate at her to watch death steal a life, and the sight of someones life blood draining made her own blood run cold.

Despite this, she loved her sister with every fiber of her being. Her sister was her other half, and somehow Hikaru knew they had been made this way purposely. Their creators had intended them each to be a half or a whole. While she was Light, Tsukiko was Darkness, and both together created a powerful balancing effect.

All these thoughts that swam through her mind seemed to click into place quite suddenly when her twin began to speak once more. But that's just it you see. Why we're so different, you and I. Do not deny it, I know you have seen and marked the differences between us. Deciding to share her current thoughts on the subject she added. I am the Light and you the Dark, two halves meant to balance each other to make a whole. You crave to destroy the wrong in the world, I crave to heal it. Together we have to find a balance between the two. During her speech Hikaru had brought her arms up to encircle her twin in a warm embrace.

Perhaps a mile's distance from the clearing in which the girl's now sat, a man walked in their direction. He was slender, almost unnaturally so. A pale blue kimono decorated in drifting clouds hung from his frame, tied snugly with a deep blue obi. His face was shaded by a wide straw hat, his features also somewhat hidden. However, a glimmer of silvery hair caught what little light made it through the tightly woven hat. That alone made it clear that this man was not entirely like others.

The man had been following a trail that had begun only a short time ago, though to him time had ceased to seem long or short. Ever since the star had fallen to earth from the heavens, he had been following the same path, the path that would lead him to what had fallen with that star. As he had followed the otherworldly sensation that had left the massive crater, he had begun to hear tales from those villages he passed by. Some... persuading had quickly divulged the same story everywhere he went. There was a tale of two identical girls, sent from heaven to judge evil and to heal the afflicted.

It sounded much like the usual absurd stories the humans were fond of telling, full of hope and salvation. Such stories bored him immensely, and at first he had dismissed the tales told to him. But as the story repeated itself, he found there was no denying what the truth really was. The occasional pile of bodies he had come across seemed to lend some legitimacy to these ramblings of humans. So he continued on the path that seemed laid out for him, hearing more incredible tales, and seeming to slowly gain on the mysterious pair the people had spoken of.

And so the wandering demon lord, the Lord of Serpents, found himself following after stories and rumors of heaven-sent girls doling equal amounts of destruction and renewal. It had been centuries since anything had piqued his interest so much, hence his deviation from his usual habit of wandering where he would. He wondered what he would find upon catching up with his quarry. Something like this smacked of the gods handiwork, so there was good reason to be cautious. However, he was the Great Snake Lord, he did not cower in the shadows or watch from a distance, he would approach these unusual creatures face to face. What happened after that, he would leave to fate.

So he continued walking, the gap between them and him very steadliy diminishing, much to Katsutoshi's great delight.

Tsukiko smiled warmly as she felt her sisters arms wrap around her. Placing her hands over her sisters she revealed in the warmth of her twins touch. "Well whatever the gods designs...I know with you by my side we shall succeed." she said turning her head and looking at her twin. Placing a small kiss on her cheek she smiled softly and turned taking her twins hand in her own. "I think we ought to keep moving. We certainly arnt going to find our meaning nor our destination standing in this clearing...beautiful as it is." she thought glancing in the direction of their next destination.

Perhaps her sister was right and they were here just to balance the world but, would killing the few they had been and helping the others...really make a vast difference in this chaotic and dark world? she wasn't sure. She felt something wrong in this world in the way the chaos and darkness moved. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she herself was of darkness but she could feel the chaos and the darkness move. "Hikaru....the chaos and darkness in this world moves strangely....it moves with purpose not in a random order as it should. I can't....quite explain it." she thought as she linked her arm through her twins. She glanced around and could see it moving around their feet almost see it choking the life out of the world slowly and frowned.

She didn't know much of the world or herself...in fact her knowledge of both was very limited as she didn't see a point in learning about the world and her knowledge of herself seemed....blocked but, she did know this was very wrong. It condensed in certain areas in such a strong mass the very life of the area seemed drained and she thought that in those areas beings of the darkness and chaos dwelled sucking the life from the land. she pursed her lips as she mulled over these thoughts awhile remaining silent a dark look on her face.

After awhile she glanced up and blinked pushing those thoughts away...for now. She'd talk to her sister later about her thoughts but first she had something to take care of. Glancing over her shoulder she stared off in the distance "Have you noticed...a stronger presence than anything we've met before has been following us?" she asked her sister turning her head back around and facing forward. She was sure her twin had as her twin was a lot more perceptive than herself. "it seems it's gained on us...I think...we should stop and wait.." she thought bringing them both to a stop. At the distance the being was it shouldn't take too long before they reached them.

Despite knowing that they should indeed move on, Hikaru longed to linger in the little clearing. Peaceful as it was, it warmed her, and every which way she turned her head beauty could be found. From the small while flowers with their petals that glowed with the suns light, to the vibrant green of the grass, and the small brook that bubbled merrily. It was hard to believe that darkness touched the land at all when she stood in this place of light. It was with a heavy sigh that she heeded the words of her twin and they began to walk once more.

It wasn't until they had walked for a few minutes that she confirmed her sisters thoughts. I have indeed noticed it. Though her sense of it was not so keen as Tsukiko's. She could feel the unnaturalness of it, but that was the extent of it. It was enough. I think that we need to find the creature causing such disruption. Whether or not that was their purpose in being she didn't know, but she felt strongly that it was something they needed to stop. The frown that turned down the corners of her lips mimicked that of her twins. These heavy thoughts dampened the mood the peaceful clearing had brought her.

Thankfully Tsukiko's next question brought with it a distraction from such dark musings. Yes, some time ago. I could not feel ill intent, so I thought him to be harmless enough not to mention right away. One would think her cocky to think someone who emanated such power harmless, but she was sure of her own strength and that of Tsukiko. And had his presence been more threatening she would have taken it much more serious. As it stood now she held more curiosity then anything. They had yet to meet such a powerful being in this world, someone much closer to themselves then the mortals were. Hikaru gladly stopped and turned to await the strangers approach. I agree. Taking her sisters hand she wove her fingers with that of her twins. I am rather curious to meet the bearer of such a power so close to our own.

Katsutoshi walked on, making his way steadily closer to the ones he pursued. It had been centuries since something had driven him in pursuit of anything beyond his wanderings. Now, oddly enough, he felt as if this was the only way it could be, that this meeting was inevitable. Such a seeming lack of control over his own fate was distasteful, but his curiosity trumped his dislike this time. Learning about these strange beings was all that concerned him for the time being.

As he drew closer, he sensed them stopping and very obviously waiting. It seemed they knew of him and were waiting for his arrival. If nothing else they had excellent senses. This only encouraged him further and he quickened his pace. He could sense no ill will, nor did they seem to be lying in wait. Seeing that there did not seem to be any hostile intentions, he continued onwards, the clearing in which they waited now coming into view.

His ever-present grin spread a bit wider as he drew closer, until he finally saw them, and more importoantly, felt them. To his narrowed eyes, they looked mostly human, albeit with vibrant teal hair and gems on their foreheads. More importantly though, he could feel the auras that surrounded these two, and it gave him a sudden insight into them both.

He drew closer, his pace steady. Once he was a few yards away, he stopped. There was a brief silence as a breeze blew through the clearing, tugging at the sleeves of his kimono. "So, it seems we finally have the chance to meet, face to face." he looked up, his straw hat no longer hiding his face. "Forgive my rudeness, but I have been following you for some time now, and I am quite pleased to have finally caught up. Ah, but where are my manners, I haven't introduced myself." He gave a very slight bow, "You may call me Katsutoshi. Just a simple man in this complicated world." Of course that was a lie, but it was also a test. He wanted to see what they could sense from him.

Tsukiko glanced at her sister and then back in the direction of the one who'd been pursuing them, she could feel whatever it was drawing ever closer. " Yes....great power.." she thought to her sister. Though she had to admit his powers resembled more Tsukiko's own in darkness rather than the light that Hikaru used. Wrinkling her nose slightly she shifted from one foot to the other " I think I'll sit...standing doesn't much suit me unless I'm going to be moving." she thought to Hikaru before finding a stone to sit on

The moments ticked by as they waited in the glade waiting for their pursuer. She could feel her curiosity rise with the passing moments and knew Hikaru herself was waiting as patiently as she could for this being.

It took the being even shorter time than she'd guessed to arrive for about fifteen minutes after they'd stopped she could begin to make out the figure of a person coming towards them at a brisk walk. Upon seeing him for the first time she raised a brow curiously he emanated power surely but it didn't flow form him as it did from herself and Hikaru it seemed to almost slither around him. It was a bit disturbing she had to admit. When he stopped she could make out a large grin on his face that she would later learn....never left his face at present however it disturbed her slightly.

When he came to a stop there was a short silence before he spoke she stared at him steadily and unblinkingly as he said what he had to say and introduce himself. After his brief introduction there was another moment of silence as Tsukiko studied him. " He's lying about the simple part..." she thought simply to her twin. Nodding her head in acknowledgement towards the one whose name was Katsutoshi. "Seeing as how I am unable to speak at present I hope you won't mind if I talk first?" she thought to her twin. Raising up slowly she studied the man a moment longer before taking a few long strides towards the being. Stopping a few inches away she raised her hand to his face and laid her palm on his cheek. " I am Tsukiko Kimiko a pleasure to finally meet you Katsutoshi. We know you've been pursuing us for quite some time...as for your introduction I'll have to tell you, you are lying to us when you call yourself simple. Both me and my twin can sense the power you wield; in a matter of speaking I can see it." she thought to him turning her head to the side.

"Oh, I am sorry for my delayed explanation on my actions right now. I am unable to speak the words of the mouth and can only communicate through a mind link I gain through touch. My twin is much the same except she's learned a few of the words you speak." she thought staring into his closed eyes. Dropping her hand from his face she nodded her head at him once more before turning and walking to her twins side.

Hikaru chewed on her lip thoughtfully. He was closing on them quickly, eager it seemed, to meet them. She pondered him while she waited. Wondering what grabbed his attention so, that he must pursue them. Had she felt any ill intent from him she might think he was chasing them out of vengeance for the mortals slain...but then what mortal could have such a powerful ally on their side? But of course she hadn't felt even the whisper of ill will coming from their pursuer. It left her puzzled, a frown tugged at her lips.

He confuses me sister.
She let her thoughts flow through to her twin who was sitting now a few feet away. Hikaru remained standing, her arms crossed lazily in front of her.

It wasn't long before he became visible to them. For all he appeared mortal she knew he was not, nor was he just a simple man, as he put it. Only a fool would believe so. Young though they may be, they were no fools. Yes he is lying. Though I can not see why.

Hikaru watched on in silence as Tsukiko walked forward towards Katsutoshi, and listened as she spoke. A slight nod of her head accompanied her dear twins words as she called the being out on his lie. It was something she greatly disliked, lying. Being in this world helped little with that, lies dripped of the tongues of its inhabitants like honey.

As Tsukiko came back to stand by her side she cocked her head slightly. “What are you?” If Light had a sound her voice embodied it, soft and lilting. The phrase was common enough, one that was asked of them each time they met new mortals.

He stood there and waited, having finished speaking for the moment. He wondered what they would do next. Well, he didn't have to wait long, for the darker one began to approach him, steadily closing the gap between the two of them until she stood directly in front of him. He smiled down at her, curious about her intentions. When she reached forward, he had to restrain every bit of instinct that warned him of the potential danger. He remained motionless as her soft hand rested against his cheek. Her skin was unnaturally soft, and her touch was gentle.

His thin eyebrows shifted slightly as her voice echoed in his mind, smooth and dark like velvet. He let her call his lie, and allowed her to finish speaking and pull away from him again. The girl that had remained seated seemed to disapprove of him somewhat. He wondered if they spoke in the same way the first one had spoken to him, but without having to touch each other. The same girl cocked her head and simply asked him what he was.

He let out a soft chuckle as they stared at him. "My apologies for the poor deception, but I simply wanted to see if you could at least tell that I was more than I appeared." His eyes opened ever so slightly, his sky-blue irises barely visible, along with a vertical slit of pupil. "Since you passed, I'll stop pretending."

With that, he allowed them to feel his strength at its fullest. The air around him seemed to shimmer as his hair and clothing shifted as if tugged by a breeze. Sparks like miniscule bolts of lightning seemed shoot from his body a few times. His grin widened, a sliver pearly white teeth showing between his thin lips. "Now let me introduce myself properly. I am Katsutoshi, Lord of Serpents, holder of the thunder and lightning, and demon lord." he gave another small bow "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Tsukiko and Hikaru Kimiko, maidens of the fallen star."

As ever it does Tsukiko felt a warmth flow through her as her twins voice softly slipped through her lips in such a liltingly soft way seeming to belong more in a favorite lullaby than in everyday words. it was indeed very beautiful. Tsukiko slipped her arm through Hikaru's as she studied the being and in his silence that followed after they both said what they had wished to say she could see that he had gained what he'd wished from the encounter.

He began speaking again and she narrowed her eyebrows; she'd known he'd been testing them on some level but to have him say it to them as if they were mewling babes needing to be told the obvious she could say her like for him dropped quite a bit more, as they say in this world he'd...ruffled her feathers. In the next moments she felt the suppressed power of Katsutoshi wash over them and over the clearing, his features seemed to shift and morph taking on a more serpentine look. Tsukiko shifted her head thoughtfully and stared at him with his new added title. She didn't blink when he mentioned their birth from the star.

" Hikaru....pray tell...what should we do with him?" she thought to her twin smiling at Katsutoshi all the while. "It seems you are correct when saying he means us no ill will however..." she trailed off after this and hesitated a moment. "He seems perhaps a bit over-cocky....should we be rid of him now....or do you think we could use him?" she thought to her twin all the while her smile fading into a more displeased frown. "His power is more than anythingn we've encountered in this world...but I do not think it exceeds our own...however our downfall right now might just be experience..." she thought taking another good look over the serpent lord.

Hikaru frowned slightly, disliking the test as much as her dear twin. They mightn't be that old by human standards, but they had learned quickly. And as Tsukiko pointed out, they only lacked experience. Maybe Hikaru was being overly cocky, something she usually was not, but she didn't think for a moment the snake lord, as he called himself, posed a threat. It wasn't even that she thought themselves more powerful then he. In fact, he was quite close in matching them once he revealed his true power.

But she sensed that he wanted something from them, maybe he didn't even know what that something was yet himself. And if she was quite honest, she wanted something from him. He could be a teacher to her, he could help her to learn the language more quickly. And she in turn could teach it to Tsukiko. Maybe he could even teach them something of the land, help them find what it was they were sent here to set right.

I think, dear sister, that we should let him accompany us if he is willing. She let her thoughts of moments before flow into Tsukiko's mind. If he becomes a problem we can simply leave him. I would feel much more comfortable at present though if I could communicate with the beings of this realm in their own tongue. And perhaps he could help us find what we are meant to balance here.

While he could not hear the thoughts the two girls shared, it became clear to him that his show of force did little to impress them. Not that he had any interest in showing off to them, he simply wanted them to know that he was not a being to be trifled with. Their raw power exceeded his own, but he had lived for centuries. It was beyond mere experience, it was decade after decade of instinct and skill carefully honed over time. In any case, he subdued his power and the unnatural effects of its release subsided.

He waited for a short time as the two seemed to continue their silent conversation, glancing at him briefly at times. While the one who had touched him simply smiled at him as they conversed. However, he could tell he had gotten under her skin somewhat, her body language practically screamed it. Her slightly increased temperature, the increased heartbeat, her slightly warmed cheeks. All these he observed through his senses. The other seemed more... thoughtful. She remained calm, but had a kind of eagerness about her, the way she leaned in his direction slightly told him she was interested in either him or his words.

Finally he felt it time for him to speak to them. "Well then, now that the formalities are out of the way, perhaps we can discuss my reasons for revealing myself to you." He began to walk towards them again. "Your arrival into this world clearly has some significance. The gods would not send down beings such as yourself simply to wander this world aimlessly. Whatever your purpose for being here, it is clearly something of importance, and I take great interest in events of such importance."

He stopped in front of them, looking down at them both. "If you will allow me, I would like to see what great destiny awaits you both, and perhaps fate shall allow me some small part in what is to come."

Tsukiko let out an audible sigh and chewed on her bottom lip thoughtfully, carefully considering her sisters choice in the matter. She knew her sister choice in the matter was probably made with most options considered and was also an option Tsukiko herself had mentioned but, now considering; she wasn't sure if she wanted a stranger intruding on her and Hikaru's journey. She remained silent to both her sister and Katsutoshi while she mulled over these thoughts, it was true he held knowledge that would be useful to learn and while in time they could eventually learn it would take far longer and would involve far more mistakes. On the other hand there was no way of knowing if he was misleading them until it might be too late, hikaru hadn't sensed any ill-will of him and she didn't either but, she did sense an eagerness of him that made her a little uncomfortable.

While she was thinking he had begun to speak again and she took in his words as new information in her over all assessment of what might be best. She tensed up slightly when he progressed further towards them and watched him carefully from the corner of her eye. Yes, he was eager, eager for many things; some of which she was unsure about. He was also quite sure of himself and his offer and it irked her that he could act so nonchalant when she could quite literally see it humming in the way his powers and aura moved about him, much in the manner of an excited snake. The image sent a small shiver down the course of her spine, she could quite well imagine him going to any means to gain what he wanted.

However no matter how much she disliked it, she had to admit he had a good point; they were wandering around completely aimlessly. She also knew that keeping him around would provide several advantages, one being, being able to observe him longer and gauge his abilities better. Which would be to her great advantage and comfort. A small sound emitted from her mouth, something resembling a small irritated growl. "I guess...we don't really have much of a choice...." she thought reluctantly to her sister. Wrinkling her nose in agitated defeat she looked over at Katsutoshi with unveiled annoyance and reached her hand up resting it on his cheek once more "We find that your aid would be to our advantage, however do not ever try to lie to or deceive us; though I do not think one such as you would be so foolish." she paused briefly hesitating slightly and temporarily blocking her connection to Hikaru "I....you've probably noticed the vast differences in both myself and Hikaru's abilities...even in the way our auras look and move..." she paused again letting out a sigh and shaking her head "No, nevermind...." she thought pursing her lips; letting her thoughts flow to Hikaru again "Anyways...I do hope you will teach us what we ask and be of use." she thought before dropping her hand.

Blinking she turned to her twin "I will not be saying much more so I hope you don't mind if I leave the communications with you dear sister?" she thought to her twin. A small ghost of a smile worked it's way onto her lips as she watched Hikaru. "Anyways I think it best if we move from this area, I don't think it'll be safe for much longer; not with his unnecessary display of power. That amount has probably stirred some things that may have been dormant. We should head to the next town soon, otherwise...who knows what we may find." she thought. Bringing up her hand she let it linger on her twins arm before dropping it to her side to rest once more. Turning east, she pointed indicating that was the way they had been traveling to before their previously unintended stop for the snake lord. "It's not that much farther." she thought to Hikaru.

The sun was setting low on the horizon and the realm of darkness would soon envelope the realm of light and while she herself enjoyed the darkness she could not help but notice a stirring at night, and she personally did not want to be in the midst of that stirring in the middle of nowhere.

Hikaru had to suppress a smile. Tsukiko had worked herself into quite the state of annoyance. Though she knew it was with good reason, it still amused her. I will leave the decision up to you. She offered, hoping to ease some of the tension she could feel rolling off her sister. She just hoped Tsukiko thought it through. This snake lord could become quite useful to them, at least for the time being.

It seemed he had grown tired of waiting while they debated what to do with him. He moved forward, each step bringing him closer to the twins. Stopping he spoke once more, and Hikaru listened, drinking in his words almost like an eager student. She sensed no lie in them, nothing to reveal treachery, just his own eagerness and curiosity. Her reaction was quite different from her dear twins. She looked to Tsukiko, the other twins growl worrying her slightly. Though she needn't have wasted the energy. Hikaru was greatly excited by her sisters decision. Thank you dear one. She thought to her, finally allowing a small smile to grace her lips.

The smile wasn't there for long, it vanished when her connection to Tsukiko was temporarily severed. She wondered what it was her twin didn't want her to over hear. Tsukiko...What did you say to him? She questioned, not so much worried, as curious. The one truth she knew in this world to be absolute was the love they shared, and their bond as sisters, she had no fear that Tsukiko would ever betray that. She was more concerned about Katsutoshi. She knew her sisters temper sometimes got the better of her. When Tsukiko began to speak to her again she knew her answer would have to wait until later.

I don't mind handling communications, with his help if he agrees, we might not have to worry about it much longer. Her eagerness to learn the language of this land shone through in her thoughts.

Reaching out a pale hand towards Katsutoshi she hesitated only briefly, “May I?” She asked aloud her musical voice filling the clearing once more, waiting for his permission before she rested her hand gently on the side of his face. The gem on her forehead flared briefly.

Tsukiko would prefer if I communicate with you for the time being. Which I am rather glad for as I have been itching to ask, will you teach me how to speak more of your language? She didn't bother to hide the eagerness she felt to learn, nor the excitement she felt at the prospect. But she was quickly brought to reality as Tsukiko warned of the coming darkness. I forget myself. This can wait. She added with slight disappointment. My dear sister and I feel we should leave this area and make the next village before nightfall. We can continue this conversation then, I truly hope you will agree to teach me. With a parting smile for him she withdrew her hand, and turned away, looking back at him once to make sure he would follow.

Katsutoshi had to suppress the urge to grin further as Tsukiko made little attempt to hide her irritation and dislike of him. While he was not the kind of being that sought to intentionally get under others' skin for his own amusement, it seemed his personality tended to put him in such situations anyways. So it seemed to be with Tsukiko. She would need to mature enough to not let such things faze her, or else she was going to be a handful.

Even as she reached out to speak to him again, she had a scrunched up face, like she had smelled something unpleasant. The tone of her thoughts mirrored the look on her face as she warned him about lying to them, and then she did something unexpected. She seemed to be opening up slightly to him, bringing up the obvious difference between the two, then cut off shortly after. Once she pulled away, his mind began to ponder her words. While her warning was of little concern to him, her brief moment of openness had piqued his curiosity. She seemed troubled by something, likely something to do with her powers and the darkness that dwelt within her. He would have to use this moment to his advantage it seemed.

He set these thoughts aside for the moment as Hikaru turned her attention to him once more. She had seemed amused by her sister's evident dislike for him, and smiled happily at Tsukiko's agreement to his proposal. Once Tsukiko had said her piece, Hikaru spoke in her melodious voice once again, if only to ask permission to touch him. He nodded and listened to what she had to say, her gentle tone rippling through his consciousness. Her eagerness to learn the human tongue was even greater than he had expected, and he could see the excitement glistening in her eyes. Even as they were cut short by the need to move on from the clearing they now stood in, he found himself amused by her pure desire for speech.

He smiled a little broader, though it was not as mocking as it had been. "I cannot claim to be a great teacher of such things, but I will teach you what I can." he replied, giving a slight bow. "And yes, I agree that we must be on our way." He stood up straight, Hikaru's hand slipping from his face. "Now then, let us be off ladies." With that, he began to walk back onto the road, waiting for the two to join him.

His grin spread widely for a moment before returning to normal. It had proved easier than he thought to ingratiate himself with them. Hikaru was already trusting, and her desire to speak in the human language already created a connection between the two of them. As for Tsukiko, by taking that brief moment to speak only to him, she had created a connection between them. She had revealed her hidden worries, however indirectly, which might put him in a mentor role for her. In time she might begin to confide in him, tying him ever closer to her as well. It seemed their fates were now intertwined, and only the future would reveal just what that would mean.

Tsukiko wound her arm through her twins and chewed on the inside of her lip. she knew it had been a mistake by cutting of her twin to talk to him even for that one brief moment. She'd given him something with which to use over her and she was troubled by her moment of insecurity. " Hikaru...I want you to do all the dealings with Katsutoshi...please." she said a hint of pleading in her voice. She didn't want to let him in any farther before studying him longer. Hikaru had already let him in by trusting him and relying on him to learn the language of the beings of this world. she didn't want to have such a reliance on him though it was true that by allowing him to journey with them she'd already shown a sort of need for him and thats what she disliked so much.

She trusted Hikaru's judgement and knew she would not have readily agreed if she'd felt any hint of mis-trust or ill-intent from him but, as she knew he had a vast amount of experience and had lived and fought and deceived for the gods knew how long and they themselves while beings of the gods themselves had lived only a few months. Tsukiko did not trust such odds and knew that such naivete could bring about their down-fall or worse their failure in their mission.

Tsukiko knew that thinking such dark thoughts would not change a thing nor would it help her current situation, the darker her thoughts the harder it became to control the darkness. Shaking her head she let out a heavy sigh "Hey...Hikaru whats on your mind?" she thought to her twin. She was hoping her twins great eagerness and happiness in finding someone to tutor her would lift her own spirits even though she herself had no real interest in it, seeing her twin happy and giddy and excited made her feel happy and warm.

It was getting dark rapidly and she could just see the outlines of the town but it would still be awhile before they actually got there. Glancing over her shoulder she frowned slightly troubled "Hey hikaru...the sun is still up and yet...look behind us...it looks like it's already midnight...." she thought a troubled crease working it's way between her brows. " I sense no ill will....yet...however whatevers causing that...could be an observer....and it could end up being dangerous....." she thought chewing on her lip. She wasn't overly worried since she herself was a born fighter...however, she was worried about what she might become should she become intoxicated by the sheer delight of killing and lose herself.

Picking up her pace slightly she walked along praying to their gods that it was just nothing. Before long with her mind pre-occupied the town came into view just as the sun sank below the mountains. Stopping just inside the town she hesitated "What shall we do now....?" she wondered to her twin. She knew the question would have to be relayed to Katsutoshi however, she was hoping her twin would do it for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom