Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Monkey Prince and the Werewolf Princess ( MoonlightPrincess and SamuraiKing)

"Sounds like your a man who loves to drink. Although, I doubt that is the best plan you have ever heard, my love." She replied jokingly, a playful grin to match his on her face. As he went on, stopping at the door to hold it open for her she thanked him the smells, noises and strong magical energies hitting her harder than she expected as she walked in. It seemed to stun her for a moment but she shook her head, trying to shake it off as she followed him to the bar and took a seat on the stool next to him. "I think it sounds fair that I get to call you whatever you want in private as long as I keep those things private." She said with a smile. As they waited for their beers Roxanne tried to pick up Dyson's scent and she could faintly smell it so she would have to request her friend who ran the bar allowed her to see and she knew it might be a good idea to bring Zhao with her when she did.

It was something that wouldn't make sense to humans but after spending a couple hundred years around Dyson any resistance she had built up to his powers had been broken down completely and as a result of that even if his scent was strong enough it could have an effect on her.

When the beers were brought to them Roxanne took a drink of her's, fully knowing about the home brew but not thinking to tell Zhao about it. More so because her mind was so focused on tracking down Dyson rather than because she had forgotten about it. At his request to the bartender Roxy couldn't help but grin and when he took his first sip of the beer she turned to him finding the look on his face when he didn't recognize the brand priceless. "What do you think of it, my love?" She asked with a grin. Strangely enough Blake's home brew was the only beer she could drink, finding something strange about the taste of any human made beer.

"What do you say to coming with me while I talk to my buddy Blake and find out where our siren friend has been sleeping?" She asked after several minutes of them both drinking their beer. Roxanne gave him the option rather than tell him about her weakness for Dyson specifically. The way she saw it telling him that would make him see her as weak and she didn't want that.

"My dear, this is a heavenly brew!" Zhao answered her with a grin. "Hell this beer is starting to kill the pain in my side!" He patted his wounded side and instantly regretted it. "Ow! Ok, maybe not!" He finished off the beer and asked for another. He nodded at Roxy at her question. "Sounds like a plan, my love." He took his second beer and followed Roxy towards Blake. As he did he found himself lost in thought. He thought of Dyson and Roxanne. No, he was not worried that she would fall in love with Dyson or jealous of the love they had shared once. Zhao was not the kind of man to get jealous. And anyway, he knew that he could trust Roxanne. He knew that her love for him was true.
No, he was worried. Would Dyson react hostile when he saw her? Would he notice she had found another to love? No matter what, Zhao had to be there for Roxanne. Just in case Dyson was too much. Hell, it had been ages since Zhao had encountered a siren. He did not even know if he could handle Dyson. But maybe of Roxy and himself worked together, they could catch him.

Such questions raced through Zhao's mind as he walked with Roxy. He did not dare voice them, though. It would be better that Roxanne ask her own questions to her friend.

"Give the compliments to Blake when we talk to him. He's been making it at least as long as my pack has been in the area and probably much longer than that, truth be known." She said with a smile before leaning in and kissing Zhao on the cheek. As he went on to his claim that the beer was beginning to kill the pain in his side Roxy rolled her eyes, it was her way of silently saying she didn't believe it and when he patted his wounded side she had to suppress her urge to laugh. "My love, it's home brewed beer, not a magical potion." She said, shaking her head at him. When he ordered a second beer Roxy was just a quarter done with her's.

After his second beer arrived Roxy picked up her beer and stood up from the stool she was sitting on. When Zhao stood she took his free hand and lead him back past the bar and down a hallway until she reached Blake's office, where she was sure the werewolf would be. She released her grip on Zhao's hand and gently knocked on the door. At a male's voice saying "Come in" she opened the door and walked into the room, smiling at the man. "Hey Blake." she greeted him with a smile and the man returned the smile.

"Hey Princess, I haven't seen you or your parents around lately." He said. "I see you're here on some kind of business." Blake noted upon seeing Zhao follow her in.
Roxanne nodded in reply to his observation. "Yes." She said. Roxy motioned to Zhao. "This is Sun Zhao, my boyfriend." She said, hoping Zhao would be comfortable with the term. She was fine with telling Blake because she knew his mate was a siren.
"Nice to meet you, Sun Zhao and congratulations to you both. " Blake said, bowing his head to the man in respect. "Now, Roxanne, please tell me why you're here and I'll do what I can to help."
"Zhao and I are here looking for Dyson. We're investigating the murders of a vampire, the attempted murder of a werewolf and a Fae. We recently found out who is behind it and we think Dyson could lead us to her. I know he's not here but we know he's been staying here. Is there anyway we could see where he's been staying?"
Blake nodded in understanding. "Yes, you can although I don't know if you'll find much. He left not too long ago, though. He's been sleeping in the bedroom right across the hall. Roxanne, I'm here if you two need help in any way and when you find him be careful, he is much stronger than he used to be." He warned.
Roxy nodded. "Thank you, Blake." She said, turning to leave.
As she did Blake stood. "Roxy, I'll come with you two." He said, following the two as they walked out. After all, he knew Roxanne had a weakness for Dyson and that was scent of Dyson was strong in the room. He was also unsure of what it might do to her.

Roxanne walked across the hall and put her hand on the knob, hesitating for a moment before opening it. The scent Dyson left in the room was strong and hit Roxy even as she stood in the doorway.
"Roxy?" Blake asked when after a few moments Roxy hadn't moved. Even when he called her name she didn't answer. "Zhao, would you like to try and get her to talk?" He asked, clearly worried.

Zhao raised his beer at Blake when the man looked at him. He waited for Roxy to introduce him before speaking. "Hey. Thanks. Man, you are one of two expert Beer-a-mancers I know. You ever meet MacAnally over in Chicago? His beers are also on God levels. And trust me, I know God level beers."
He then paused to let Roxy talk about Dyson. He was slightly surprised to hear that the guy they were looking for was so damn close. He gave Roxy a slightly worried look, which was a look he rarely gave anyone. "Be ready for anything, hun" He warned, know ing he could not talk her out of seeing her former lover.

He walked by her side all the way up to Dyson's room. A unique smell wafted from the doorway. "Rox, are you sure you wanna go into a room smelling that badly of sour milk? I can understand if you want to talk to them out here....Hun? Roxanne?" He saw she was not moving and nearly panicked. He put his hand on her's "Roxanne, do you hear me? C'mon, honey this is not funny. Please answer me, Roxanne."
Getting no answer, Zhao did the only thing he could think of. He kicked down the door. Literally. He gave it a swift kick and the door fell off it's hinges.
"OI! DYSON!" He roared in a rare moment of anger, "There is a werewolf princess out here that wants to talk to you. Lay off the Siren mojo, will ya?!"

Blake nodded at Zhao's question. "Yes, I've met Macanally a few times. I don't know him real well but he seems like a nice guy. I'll have to agree with you about his Beer, though. It is definitely a fine home brew he makes and I'm honored you would include me in even the same breath as him." He finally replied to Zhao with a smile when Roxanne was through explaining why they were here and they were on their way to the room Dyson had been sleeping in. About half way there Blake could smell the unique smell of sour milk and it made him begin to growl, although by the time he realized what the siren had laid down it was too late as Roxy had already opened the door. The man was old enough to know it was a spell Dyson had set up to help try to erase any affections Roxy might have for another man. He also knew it was very potent. As Roxanne went to step into the room Blake grabbed her. "Oh no you don't!" He said as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her back. "Come on Roxanne. Fight this, you love Zhao, I just met the man and can feel the love you have for each other. Don't let Dyson win you over with his spells and tricks." He said to the girl who was struggling in his arms.

As Zhao walked to her side she didn't even look at him, she simply stared into the bedroom with glassy eyes as if in some kind of trance. Even when he put his hand on her's she didn't respond to him. "Zhao, she can't hear either of us. She can feel touches and sensations but it's like this trap of his has made her blind and deaf to anyone but Dyson." He explained, watching as Zhao kicked down the door and roared into the room. "He isn't here but I am going to go track him down. I need you to stay here with her and try to get her out of this. Be intimate and tender with her in anyway you can, try anything you think might work." He said, nodding to Roxanne as if telling Zhao to come and hold her. "Take her into my bedroom ." He said nodding his head to a closed door a few rooms down. "It appears he knew you were coming which means he is able to access that link they once shared and that sour milk smell is some kind of spell he added to bring jealousy out in you. Be careful." He said, knowing the spell Dyson had added could make one obsess over things like past relationships of their lover.

Zhao let out a deep sigh, letting all his anger out with his breath. "Right. I'll stay here and get her out of her trance" He nodded to Blake and grabbed lightly hold of Roxanne by putting an arm around her waist. He hold was gentle, but firm so she does not escape. "I'll stay here! GO and get Dyson!" He told Blake.
He watched the bartender leave before turning his attention back on Roxanne. He had not dealt with a siren's spell in centuries, but he knew he could break it with enough effort.
He was the son of a God after all.

He dragged Roxy away from the room and back into Blake's office, shutting the door with a kick and using his free hand to lock it. He then put that hand on Roxy's cheek. "Look into my eyes, Roxanne" He said in a quiet, gentle tone. "Look into them and remember me. My beloved wolf princess. I am your monkey prince and I am here for you." He put his lips to her's in a delicate kiss. "You are under a dark spell, Roxanne. It is about time you awaken from it. Remember me. I am Sun Zhao, the man who loves you more than any other. The man you love more than any other. Remember me!"

As Zhao came over and grabbed a hold on Roxanne with a gentle yet firm grip by putting an arm around her waist Blake let go of her and nodded. "I'll leave the killing of our little friend to the two of you, if that is what you wish to do after getting the information you want out of him." He said to Zhao with a grin before leaving. Clearly the older werewolf was worried about Roxy but he tried not to let it show. Once out of the bar he turned into his werewolf form and took off with a run, already beginning to track Dyson.
When Zhao turned his attention back to Roxanne and fully focused on her she was still staring with glassy, empty eyes into the room. She even began to mumble words of devotion to Dyson in an emotionless tone, no doubt what she was saying were the ideas the spell was trying to make her feel for Dyson.

As Zhao dragged Roxanne away from the room and into Blake's office her mumbling slowly silenced itself the further he pulled her away from the cursed room. She watched as Zhao closed the door with his foot, gently kicking it shut before reaching over with his free hand and locking the door. Then as he put that hand on her cheek Roxanne looked up at him but her eyes weren't the usual expressive eyes full of life and emotion along with the love and devotion she felt for Zhao but they were glassy and void of emotion. As he began to speak to her Roxanne watched his lips move and despite not hearing him she could make out every word he was saying she could also somehow tell that he was speaking in a gentle, quiet tone.

As his lips met her's for a delicate kiss Roxanne kissed him back and when their lips parted rather than looking at his lips she looked up into his eyes as he instructed her to and within them she could see all the love for her and how much he adored her within them, despite the emotionless look in her's. It seemed almost as if she were beginning to be able to hear him which meant the spell was slowly losing it's power over her. "B...But I'm Dyson's mate. It says I belong to him." She said, relaying to Zhao what the spell was whispering to her; trying to make her believe it but from her tone she was clearly trying to fight back. "How can I be mated to someone I haven't seen in over two hundred years?"

Good! Not only was Zhao getting through to her, but it seems like she was fighting the spell herself! That is the Roxanne he knows and loves! He continued looking into her eyes with his own fiery gold ones. His eyes, like his father's had a rare ability to dispell enchantments cast on people. How long it takes to work depends on the spell. He had never tried to di-enchant a siren's spell before but he was sure it would be rough.
"Yes, that is right, my love! He has not been in your life for over two hundred years, how could he be your mate? I am your mate, Roxanne. Dyson's spell is just making you think you love him! In truth you love me! Our bond is one that shall never break, you understand? Our love is the kind that can topple kingdoms and outlast the Earth's own life! Even death cannot stop me from loving you! " His voice was filled with such truth, devotion and conviction that anyone who heard him would believe him without a second thought because, well he really believe what he was saying. His love for Roxanne was true and pure and eternal.
"Come back to me, my love! Come back to me, Roxanne!" He pleaded. Zhao was the kind of man who never begged or pleaded. Doing so now meant he had forgone pride just for her. And he would forgo far more to have her by his side once more.

Roxanne was holding her own in fighting off the spell with Zhao's help and emotion began to return to her's as his firey, golden orbs stared into her's; emotion even began to slowly return into her own Hazel eyes. At least until the spell began to whisper the names of Zhao's past mates into her mind at Dyson's command, effectively trying to play on her jealousy and possessiveness she felt over her mate as a wolf in hopes it would either cause him to get defensive and push her away or that it would cause Roxanne to question Zhao's love for her and it would draw her closer to Dyson. As Zhao began to speak the doubt started to grow in her mind as she began to feel like he could never truly and completely love her. "How can you love me completely when you've had past mates? You've probably had many mates before me and I know on some level you still love them. Dyson was my first and I was his, he truly loves me." She questioned, clearly they weren't her words; they were Dyson's and when the spell over her was broken she probably wouldn't even remember saying it. The little emotion that had returned to her eyes even disappeared and she found herself not believing a word he was saying to her.

At least that was until she heard the truth, devotion and conviction in his voice. It was at that point she began to question the ideas being put into her head and began to believe Zhao's words of truth and devotion. She could even see the love he had for her as she looked into his eyes and emotion began to return to her's at a much quicker rate this time, showing just how hard she was fighting. What really made up her mind, though was when Zhao began to plead with her. Even in the short time she had known him, she knew he was a proud man and wasn't the kind of man to beg and knew that him forgoing that just for her showed just how much he was willing to do to have her back.

"Baby... I'm here." She managed to say, emotion finally beginning to return to her voice as the vacant, lifeless look in her eyes finally disappeared and her eyes were the bright Hazel orbs so full of life and love for Zhao that were her own. Roxanne reached down and took his head, while doing so she closed her eyes and began to focus; trying to channel their deep emotional connection to give her strength to fight the spell off. Of course she didn't know that by hiding her eyes from him behind closed lids effectively cut off his ability to dispell enchantments. "Zhao, I'm here. I'm your Roxy but I need your help to fight this off. We are stronger than him, our eternal love is stronger than him just tell me what you need me to do so we could beat this... Together." She said, her voice still not completely her own but it appeared she was slowly growing stronger through channeling their bond.

At first it seemed like it did not work, but soon his words really came through to her and she was finally starting to snap out of it. She was starting to beat the spell. He put his hands on her face and told her, "Look into my eyes, my love. I can help dispell the enchantment. We will indeed defeat it together and then go get Dyson together. He will have to pay for what he has done to you. We will have to arrest him, for he used a form of magic that is outlawed."

A set of laws was formed by the council of Wizards called the Sorcerer Court. The laws are known as The Sorcery Charter. One of these laws forbids the use of magic that manipulates the mind of another. In many ways it was one of the worst things you can do to a person. Besides the obvious non consensual control, over time it can kill the controlled person's mind. It is dangerous magic to practice, and therefor punished harshly.

Zhao looked into his beloved Roxy's eyes. "My dearest Roxanne. Look into my eyes and let this dark spell fade into oblivion where it belongs. Banish it to the darkest reaches of nothingness." He continued channeling their bond between them, slowly defeating the spell.

As Roxanne felt Zhao pull his hand away from her's before taking her face in his hands she smiled gently to herself. She could feel his hands resting on his cheeks and when he began to speak, instructing her to look into her eyes she didn't hesitate in opening her eyes and looking into his golden eyes once more. She was slightly confused when he said he could help dispell the enchantment but figured it was something that either came from him being a demi god or something he had inherited from his parents, either way she knew now was not the time to ask.

It was then that something occurred to her, with the spell he had set as a trap for Roxanne he already knew she belonged to another man, therefor there was no need for Zhao to hide so she appeared to be alone. "I want us to rough him up a little before he's arrested, love. That is, if he refuses to cooperate." She said, her tone playful as the spell slowly lost it's hold on her; Knowing Dyson he would approach Zhao with a challenge of a duel and the prize would be Roxanne's affections; that was far from cooperating. When Zhao went onto say they could have him arrested for the form of magic he used she was surprised to hear it was outlawed, sure she knew it was looked down upon by most races but didn't know there were actual laws forbidding it.

As they stared into each others eyes she found that eye contact rather than physical touch was a much more effective way to channel their bond. "Sun Zhao.." She began by using his full name. "I love you, with everything that I am and you are the only man my heart belongs to." She said, wanting to clear up any doubt that he may have had. As they stood there Roxanne feel the spell trying to guilt trip her but she didn't let it get to her. "Baby... He's trying to guilt me.. He's saying I betrayed him." She relayed to him but it was clear she wasn't buying into Dyson's lies and that the spell was slowly losing hold as she felt herself being pulled back to Zhao.

Zhao grinned when she suggested the rough Dyson up before arresting him. "That is what I was planning, my love. And I have countless plans for dealing with him. Everything from one of his spells to him challenging me to a duel for your affection. I really am hoping he does that one." And with that he went back to helping channel their bond. It was a simple thing when their eyes met once more. His fiery golden eyes slowly unbound the spell. It took only a few moments for the spell's binding to nearly completely unravel.
"Roxanne Evans" Zhao replied, "I love you as well. You are my goddess. My heart is your's for all eternity. Not even the Gods could keep you from me."

His reply told her without words that he had no doubts of her love for him. When Dyson's spell began trying to guilt her, Zhao only rolled his eyes, knowing full well that she did not believe a damned word of it. "Ye Gods, he is getting desperate. Alright, love, the spell should be about gone by now. Just give me another few seconds and it should be gone for good."

His words rang true, a few seconds later the spell was no more. When it was, he pulled her into another kiss. "I love you, Roxanne" After a minute of passionate kissing, Zhao released her lovely lips. "Now, lets go kick the shit out of Dyson, shall we?"

Roxanne smiled at his words and found that she took was hoping Dyson challenged him to a duel too. Despite Zhao's injury she was confident in his ability to defeat Dyson in a duel. She remembered the first time she had seen him fight, just moments after first laying eyes on him. Roxy had been able to feel the power he possessed and while even then he was powerful then she felt as if she could sense more power from him now and she felt stronger too. As a result she couldn't help but wonder in the back of her mind if their love for each other and the strength of their connection made both of them stronger.

"I hope he's dumb enough to, just so you can kick his ass." She said with a smirk as their eyes met once again and she resumed focusing on channeling their bond. Moments later Roxy felt for the most part free from Dyson's spell and while she could still hear him whispering to her Roxy didn't let it effect her. "I think the god would be foolish to try." She said with a smile although part of her would be happy when the case was over because then they could have some alone time before another case broke, which she was certain would happen.

"Her certainly is a desperate one." She said in agreement with a laugh. Roxanne knew Dyson would keep his tricks up as long as he thought they would force Zhao and her apart and eventually bring her back to him. "Okay." She replied when he told her to give him a few more seconds.

Sure enough a few seconds later Roxanne noticed Dyson's voice was gone from her mind and that the fog that had clouded her thoughts had been lifted. When as soon as Zhao realized she was completely herself again, he pulled her in for a kiss, she didn't fight it. "And I love you, Zhao, with everything that I am and my heart is yours for all of eternity." She said before their lips met and it was then that she closed her eyes and moved her hand to rest on his neck, putting all the passion and love she could into the kiss. After several minutes when the kiss ended Roxy nodded. "We shall and I have a feeling he will not enjoy seeing me on another man's arm, let lone seeing me so in love with a man that isn't him." She said, looking into his eyes, clearly going to get enjoyment out of Dyson's reaction.

Zhao's grin widened, "Good. I want him to be pissed. Pissed that he could not steal you. That he could not force you to love him against your will. I want him to know how strong our love for one another is. C'mon let's go piss him off!" And with one last little kiss he took her hand and they went outside. Zhao grabbed another cloud out of the sky and helped Roxy on it before getting on himself. Without another word he commanded the cloud forward.

As he did he got a call from Blake, whom he had given his cell number to earlier.
"Lord Beeramancer! Have you found him yet?" Zhao asked.
"Yeah I got him hanging around the Washington Monument! He looks pissed! He is just pacing back and forth, man! Get over here quick!"
"Waaaay ahead of ya, Beeramancer!"

It took less than a minute for them to get to the Washington Monument. Zhao landed the cloud right in front of Dyson, who was doing just as Blake said and pacing around. Zhao got up to Dyson's face in an instant.
"Yo. You must be Dyson." Zhao said, with a happy tone, his smile showing no anger, "I'm Sun Zhao, Roxanne's boyfriend. Sup? You seem pissed, you doing ok? If you are stressed I know acupuncture. Oh, afraid of needles, eh? Well I got other doctorly ways of dealing with stress." He laughed. "But not in the way you think, buddy. I don;t swing that way!"

Back
Top Bottom