Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Monkey Prince and the Werewolf Princess ( MoonlightPrincess and SamuraiKing)

Samuraiking

Super-Earth
dynasty-warriors-7_2010_10-29-10_03.jpg

April, 2013. National Mall, Washington DC
The crescent moon was large and high that night. The Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom, an indication that the National Cherry Blossom Festival would begin tomorrow. The night was rather warm for this time of year, but still cool enough to not be uncomfortable. There were far worse things than the weather, anyway.
The darkness and shadows hid many things most Humans just ignored. The night is indeed dark and full of terrors. Terrors that humans wished did not exist. But they did.
Just because you do not believe in something, it does not mean there isn't something there to eat your face off.

But to Sun Zhao, those things were not dark enough to ruin his joyful mood.
Granted it was next to impossible to make him unhappy. The man had an eternal grin that would not fade.
It is the kind of grin that can only come from being the son of a Chinese God of Jokes, Humor and all around good natured shenanigans.

Sun Zhao was an inhumanly handsome man. He kept his face clean shaven and dark brown hair long enough to fall down his neck. Tonight he wore a black suit with a tie that had monkeys riding clouds designed on it.
Zhao walked between the Sakura trees with a happy grin and a song in his heart that he sang loud and proud., dancing while he did so.
This song happened to be 'Hell' by the Squirrel Nut Zippers
"In the afterlife
You could be headed for the serious strife
Now you make the scene all day
But tomorrow there'll be hell to pay

People listen attentively
I mean about future calamity
I used to think the idea was obsolete
Until I heard the old man stamping his feet"

Zhao stopped singing as another smell entered his nostrils that was not there before. He knew that smell well.
Hilde's pack smelled like that.
He stopped and sniffed the air before saying, "Smells like Ode to Wet Dog." He took in a deep breath and sang loudly
"AWOOOO! Werewolves of London!"

936full-charity-shea.jpg

Roxanne was out walking, enjoying her favorite time of year. Her favorite thing about spring was the Cherry Blossom Festival and this time of year it was especially hard for her Mother and Father to keep her from wondering off. As she walked outside the house she looked up at the crescent moon and said a silent prayer to the Goddess of night, Nyx. From a young age all in her pack were taught to refer to her as their Goddess.

Roxy didn't have a long walk until she was at the National Mall and as she walked she admired the cherry blossoms, taking in the scent they gave off. Tonight she wore a white flowing skirt that went to about half way between her bottom and knee caps and a plain black t-shirt. On her feet were a pair of Hot Pink sneakers.

As she walked Sun Zhao caught her eye and she couldn't help but watch him as he sang to himself and danced while he did, with a grin on his face. She kept her distance but could tell by his scent he wasn't human. Her nose also picked up other werewolves in the area, probably a few soldiers her Father had sent to keep an eye on her upon realizing she was gone. She watched the shadows and could see the two males, one holding a sword with a blade that was carved out from Jade. They weren't here to harm Sun, unless he intended to harm their princess.

Roxy shook her head and kept walking, getting a bit closer to Sun, her curiosity getting the best of her, that and she found him handsome.

Sun Zhao let out a sigh. He was hoping his Warren Zevon song would summon the werewolf. Ah well, can't blame a man for trying. Upon a second sniff he could smell out two more werewolves a little farther away than himself and his guest. He looked to were he smelled the closest werewolf and spoke.
"As nice at it is to smell you, puppy, I would rather see you. I like to meet my stalkers face-to-face, ya know? Don't worry I don't bite, honest."

"Too bad for you, Monkey, we are looking for a bite", rasped a dark voice behind Zhao.
Zhao rolled his eyes theatrically.
"You evil thingies and your crappy puns!" He pointed a finger harshly at the thing behind him. "I keep telling you jerks that only Arnold Schwarzenegger can make horrible puns and get away with it."
Sun Zhao was pointing at a particularly creepy looking Chinese Bone Demon. It was built mostly of human bones, save for the bone claws and the skull. The skull was similar to a canine's but deformed somehow. It was hunched over awkwardly and glaring at Sun Zhao with demonic red eyes.

Sun Zhao acted quickly, reaching under his right ear. As his hand went back in front of him something glowed in his palm and became a large red staff with gold on both ends. With not a moments hesitation, he swung the staff at the demon. Zhao's movement was amazingly fast and beautiful. Something only a Scion of a God could do. In half an instant the demon on the ground, dissolving as all demons do after death. All the while, Sun Zhao had a grin on his face.

Sun Zhao returned his staff to a microscopic size and once more placed it under his right ear. He clapped his hands together like someone who had just finished a day's worth of heavy lifting and turned back to the werewolf.
"Sorry about that. Demons always have horrible timing...and horrible smell too." He then flourished a bow at the werewolf. "I am Sun Zhao, son of Sun Wukong. Sun is the family name, by the way. You silly Westerners always thinking your given name goes first. So silly."

As Roxy drew closer to him she could feel his eyes on her as he looked in her general direction. She was about to step out from the crowd and reveal herself to Zhao when she watched as the scene between him and the Chinese Bone Demon unfolded. For a moment she wondered if it was one of her kind that a demon had brought back from the dead but the skull looked too deformed and it's body to human to be one of her kind.

As he acted quickly, summoning his weapon before moving with such speed and grace she watched in awe. Sure, she had seen her share of fights but he move with such swiftness; in a way none of her kind could. When the demon was gone and his weapon gone as well she stepped out from the crowd, showing herself to him.

"That they do, most of them, at least." She said in agreement before bowing to him in return out of respect. "I'm Roxanne Evans, daughter of Rooger and Galaxy Evans, of the Vanished Dream pack." Roxy added, her answer coming quick, showing that she wasn't fearful of him despite their different races and knowing he would know she was the Princess when she gave her parents' names, even when she didn't mention them being alphas. They were a well known pack in the area. "Nice to meet you, Zhao, but I'm inclined to disagree you are the silly ones, putting your family name first." She added in playful tone, a smile on her face the whole time.

The two wolves watched from the shadows, ready to attack should Zhao try anything.

Sun Zhao grinned at the lovely young lady. Or at least she looked young, anyway. Who knows how old she could be. Werewolves can range from youth to holy shit how are you not dust yet, old timer?
Zhao nodded as he recognized the names. "Ah. The Evans. Your pack is a division of Hilde's Pack, Fenrir's Fangs. Though we usually just called The Fenrir Pack."

Hilde Bloodtooth was an honest-to-Odin Viking. She was turned sometime during the Danish raids on England and quickly grew in power and rank. She was the first to last so long as an Alpha of a major pack. Her Pack was the largest in the Americas and stationed here in DC.
Contrary to what Hollywood wants you to think, Werewolves and Vampires are not at war. They have never been, in fact. Hilde has been allies with the leader of the DC Vampire court, Liu Fang Ji.

Zhao turned his grin to the two hiding guards and waved at them. "Hey, kiddies. You can put your pointy phallic symbols away. I promise upon my power to not put the Princess in any harm." He vowed. When you promise or swear on your own power, it means you are damned serious. So serious that if you break your promise you will lose some of your power as a consequence.

He turned his attention back to Roxy and laughed. She has a swift tongue! Zhao liked the little princess already. The Sun families always pride themselves on their quick wit and swift tongues.
"Well you are an interesting one, princess! What brings you out here? I thought the festival began tomorrow!"

Roxanne was impressed by his knowledge of her pack. "I'm surprised you know so much of our pack. And since you're probably wondering, I'm one of the younger wolves in our pack, I'm just over five hundred years old." She replied to him before watching in amusement as Zhao turned to where the two soldiers sent to watch her were hiding. "Balto and Cylus go on home. Our lands need your protection more than I do Zhao has sworn upon his powers and shall something happen I'm sure he and I can handle it. Also, tell Bane and my parents I'm in good hands." She said, calling the two by name and watching as they bowed their heads before leaving.

It was then that her attention returned to Zhao and she smiled weakly at him, unsure of what he was laughing at but he seemed amused. "You are quite interesting yourself, Zhao. As for what brings me here, I'm usually out and about at night. My parents don't usually find out, though, but given the time a year it is they've been very watchful over me." She paused a moment before explaining before he became confused. "The cherry blossoms are what bring me here. This is my favorite time of year because of them and every year when they begin to bloom my parents find it more difficult to keep me within pack lands. Now as for the festival, it doesn't begin until tomorrow. Is that what brings you here?"

Zhao nodded at her. "I am good friends with the kind folks over at King/S.W.O.R.D. I sometimes help them with missions and the like. In order to do so, I gotta know as much as I can about the supernatural community here in DC. And anyway, I'm the son of a God. I'm supposed to sound wise and near omniscient as often as possible."

King/S.W.O.R.D (Supernatural Warriors of Retention and Defense) is a Government Agency created in the 80s by President Reagan in an effort to keep the peace in the supernatural communities and human world. For the past several decades they have been doing their job well, forming alliances with multiple paranatural factions including Liu Fang Ji's Vampire Clan and Hilde's Packs.

Sun Zhao raised an eyebrow at the princess. It was a surprise that she gave her own age so willingly. It would have been smarter to keep it a secret so that foes would underestimate her. That is a tactic many supernatural beings used. From a Druid in Tempe, Arizona to Sun Zhao himself.
"Well i'll just say I am far older than you. It is rather rude to ask a man his age, you know." He joked, reversing the old 'never ask a woman her age' line. "And you are correct. I love coming out to see the blossoms and have some Chinese wine as well. Would you care to join me for a drink, princess?"
He motioned to the nearest tree and pulled a bottle and two cups from his jacket.

"Well, I suppose it's a good thing I did not ask you your age, then and I'm sure sounding wise suits you well. " She joked back before complimenting him. By telling her age so willingly she also showed her weaknesses: that was was quick to trust and had compassion for even people she didn't know. It also showed she had fought very few battles on her own, if any at all.

"Age doesn't bother me, Zhao." She added in a half playful tone, really it didn't matter to most supernatural races, seeing as most of them could potentially live forever. She watched as he pulled the bottle and two cups from his jacket. "I just wish they were in bloom for a little longer and I would love to join you, Zhao." She said, following him to take a seat under the nearest tree. If he got a look at her from behind he would see a portion of a tattoo of something written in an ancient lycanthrope language that ran all the way down her spine and on the top of her right hand was a tattoo of a crescent moon in blue and purple ink.

Oh yes, he noticed her tattoos. It really was no surprise. Many magic users employ tattoos as catalyst to their magic. Druids were the biggest user of this. They used the tattoo, which was usually a Celtic Knot that ran from the back of their right and to the bottom of their right foot, to no only summon Earth Magic but also to gather the power needed from the Earth itself.

Sun Zhao took a seat next to her. Not close enough to make her feel uncomfortable, but still close. The trunk that they leaned their back on was not very wide. The cups he used were traditional saucer shaped ones, which fit the scenery perfectly. He poured the Chinese rice wine and handed her a cup.
He raised it to her in a toast, "To new-found friends, then"

Zhao was not foolish enough to expect this peace to last forever. But damned if he did not hope.
Of course, he knew another war was brewing. Something told him something Earth Shattering was about to unfold. SOmething, not even he, the son of a God. The Monkey King Sun Wukong himself, could stop.
He just hoped that whatever it was could wait a few hours.
That and also he really really hoped it would not smell bad.

She smiled weakly at him as he took a seat next to her, noticing that why he sat next to her that there was just enough space between them so that he wasn't making her feel uncomfortable. "Thank you." She said as he handed her the saucer shaped cup he had just filled. When he filled the other cup for himself and raised it to her in a toast she raised her's to him. "To new found friends." She said in agreement.

Like Zhao, she wasn't a fool and knew another war brewing and much like him she hoped it held off. She didn't know much about it, though, mainly just what she had overheard her Father saying. At least she knew what races were going to war. Roxy tried to suppress her sigh as she sat there, seeming distracted. Part of her wondered if she should tell him about it.

Zhao swung the cup of wine back and sighed happily as the alcohol burned down his throat. He filled his cup once more and drank. He repeated this a few times, enjoying the silence of the warm spring night. After a few moments he decided to add another tradition that fit the scene.
"Well the only thing left to do now is tell stories. I think personal tales work best on such a lovely night. I will start, if you do not mind"
He took another swig of wine before starting his tale.
"I was born in a small village during China's Three Kingdom's Era. At the time, the tyrant Dong Zhuo had taken over the Han Dynasty under the guise that he was an adviser to the young Han Emperor. This was about 191 AD.
For five years I lived in peace with my mother...Until she died of Typhoid. It was then that my father came for me. I had heard tales of SUn Wukong's adventures from mother. I had hoped to be like him someday. Little did I know that Sun Wukong was actually my father! My father...had dearly loved my mother. Though he could not be there for her like he wanted due to Heavenly duties. It seems he wanted to make up for not being in our lives.
He taught me all that I know of martial arts, humor and the Gods.
...But this is not a tale of my training with him.
When I was 24 he gave me an elixir of immortality. A hundred years later or so, I had garnered a reputation for myself as the Second coming of the Monkey King. Half the Gods hated me as much as they hated my father. The other half actually had a sense of humor so they liked us well enough.

Now one day as I was searching through the Heavenly plains, I found a place I had not been to. It was a grand city with a bridge made of rainbow connected to it.
It was Asgard.
As is customary, I went to introduce myself to the ruler of this world. Odin welcomed me with open arms and even enjoyed a few of my jokes. I got this one about an African Spider God stealing a Tiger's balls. I'll tell you that one later. I heard it from the God himself, Anansi. He is a funny guy and a lot like my dad.....
Oh were was i? OH! Right.
Well I went around Asgard, befriending the Gods and Goddesses there. One night I brought some Chinese wine to share with my new friends. It was then that Tyr told me about IĂ°unn and her apples of immortality.
Now, the goddess IĂ°unn (Pronounced E-Dune) keeps her apples in a special place that few know about.

Needless to say, I HAD to find myself these apples.
It took awhile to find someone who knew, but it was worth the trouble. Ratatoskr (Rat-A-Tusk), the squirrel who lives on the World Tree , told me to look East and I would find IĂ°unn's place. I did just that.
At the time I was able to shift into a few animals. I chose a rabbit, because who would ever want to hurt a rabbit? Besides Elmer Fudd, anyway.

I found IĂ°unn's apple tree, shifted back into my normal form and stole me a few immortality apples and slipped away before anyone was the wiser. To be honest, I don't think any of the Norse Gods even know I stole from them."

Sun Zhao told his tale with flair and style. He was a natural storyteller, able to provide perfect doses of suspense and humor. After he finished his story, he took another swig of wine.
"So, what is your story, Princess?"

As Zhao went on to tell her his story she listened, giving him her undivided attention and throughout the tale she seemed amused. When he was through and announced that it was her turn she was at first unsure of what story to tell. After a few moments she decided on one from when she was a little girl.

"I was born in London. I actually don't remember much about it because we only lived there fifty years so I was still a baby compared to most of my pack. I do remember my best friend there. His name was Dyson and he was a male siren. We were around the same age and strangely enough my parents introduced us, I guess they saw him as some kind of bodyguard for me, should I get into trouble." She said, sounding unsure of what their motives were.

"One night we were out and I could smell someone following us. At the time I was young and didn't really recognize different races and the unique smells each gives off just yet. If I remember right it had been some kind of demon tracking me. He had some kind of grunge with my Father. I remember the man saying he was going to take me from my pack to punish my Father and despite Dyson's attempts to protect me the man was immune to his abilities. I hadn't yet mastered my fire abilities yet and as it turns out this demons one weakness was that. The demon had almost killed Dyson when I finally was able to use it and since then it's saved my ass many times." She said, ending with a smile, it wasn't that great of a story but it was one that showed she knew how to handle herself in a fight, despite her pack seeing her as this fragile piece of art work they needed to protect.

Sun Zhao listen to her story at full attention as a good audience should. He was impressed about how she handled herself in such a situation. He could tell that Roxy was not the type to lie, especially about something so important to her. When her story was done, he nodded and his playful grin turned to warm smile.
"You handle that battle well, considering your age. Many magic users go centuries without battle. Others don't survive their first." And with that he drank more wine, his playful grin returning.
"So you and Dyson still dating?" He was teasing her, of course.

Sadly there was not much time for teasing. A man soon appeared in front of them. He formed from a black mist into a handsome Chinese man in a black suit and small sunglasses. His black hair was short and slicked back. He lifted his hands in a Mantis-Style putting right fist in left palm and bowed to them both.
It was Liu Fang Ji, leader of the Vampire Clans in Washington DC.
"Princess of the Vanished Dream Pack. It has been far to long. Please send your parents my regards. My apologies but I must have a word with your companion there."

Zhao grinned at the vampire, "Fangels! What's up? Whatever needs saying can be said in front of the Princess."
Liu nodded. "Very well. It is troubling news, I am afraid. One of my kin has been murdered."
"Well that is not so strange, Liu. Maybe someone wanted to replay the events of Lost Boys."
"Maybe so. But this time is different. He seems to have been killed by a werewolf."

Zhao frowned for the first time in half a century. "What?"
Liu raised his hand to silence him before continuing. "However. I do not believe one of the pack would break our twelve century pact like this. Someone wants my kin and the pack to start a war."

Sun Zhao nodded and stood. "Very well. I assume the Boss lady herself wanted as many people on this as possible?"
"Yes, President Kolbold made this mission top priority and opened it to everyone including none-KING/S.W.O.R.D agents. The others will be waiting for you on Eastern Avenue."
And with that, the vampire left them.

Zhao let out a long sigh before smiling at Roxy. "Sorry to cut our fun so short, Princess....Hey! I got an idea! You can join us! We need as many people as possible for this, and having the Princess of a local Pack helping us will cool things down between your kind and the Vamps"

Roxanne smiled back at him with a warm smile of her own. She knew he was right. She had seen it many times within her own pack even, where the werewolves gifted with powers would never make it to their first battle. When his grin returned and he teased her Roxy shook her head and rolled her eyes at him. "As much as my parents and Dyson would love for us to, no."

When Liu Fang Ji appeared she seemed worried, she knew something had happened. When she saw him around their lands with her Father he always came with bad news. "Hello, Liu Fang Ji, yes it has indeed been a while." She said and when he went on to say he needed to speak with Zhao she nodded, as if dismissing him but she was surprised when he insisted Roxy hear his news too.

When he informed them one of his kin had been killed and it seemed to be a werewolf who did it, Roxy couldn't hide her shock but as the two continued speaking her mind went to work, already trying to remember any wolves that her pack might have had problems with as of late. She could think of several, a small group of wolves had left her pack recently.

"I'd love to come with." She said, smiling weakly at his suggestion. "Perhaps me being there will help, although I'm sure someone has contacted my parents so they'll probably be there too." She said before falling silent for a moment. "Zhao.. Could this have been wolves that left their pack and have gone rogue?"

Zhao pondered that for a moment as they began walking away from the National Mall, towards Eastern Ave. "It...Is a possibility I am afraid. Why? Did some leave your pack recently?"
Sun Zhao prayed to many Gods that it wasn't a werewolf that did this. For a war between two factions as powerful as Vampires and werewolves would devastate the world, both supernatural and human. It would most likely start off as a cold war. Just a few deaths every so often...but it would eventually escalate...Zhao HAD to make sure that did not happen. The deaths and sorrow....it would be too damn much.

Zhao paused for a moment and looked at some clouds in the night sky. His usually joyful attitude was gone, replaced by seriousness. It was rare for him to be so serious about anything. That alone showed how troubling the situation was.
Zhao reached to a cloud and literally grabbed it from the sky itself and brought it down in front of him. He climbed onto it and held his hand out to Roxy, "Come Princess. We've not a moment to lose."

Roxanne nodded at his question as she stood from the ground and began to follow him. "A small group of wolves left our pack a few weeks ago. They were all males except for one and all of them were quite young... Under a thousand years old. I remember hearing them fight with my parents, the leader told my Father that they wished to come and go as they pleased and that they didn't trust the vampires. Steel was his name, he told my Father he had overheard plans that the vampires planned to try and take me away from my pack but I know they wouldn't betray us." She explained as the two of walked side by side and while he prayed his Gods she preyed to her Goddess, hoping that this assassination didn't cause a war.

She watched as Zhao reached into the sky and grabbed a cloud for them to ride before bringing it down to them. Roxy continued to watch as he climbed on and when he offered his hand, took it. "Thank you." She said as she was pulled up by him.

Here's something most people don't know: Clouds can be fast as hell when they want to be. As soon as Roxy got onto the cloud, it zoomed across the sky, listening to Zhao's very thoughts. It took less than a minute to get to Eastern Ave. Zhao helped Roxy off as soon as he landed and looked around.
The street was empty. A perfect scene from a crime novel too, which fits, considering most crime novels set in DC take place on this very Avenue.
He also spotted a sidewalk with people on it, surrounding yellow police tape which blocked off a small square of sidewalk. There were three people there, two man and a woman. The first man stood next to the woman. He was inhumanly handsome and wore his blonde hair slicked back. The woman was Chinese and beautiful as a goddess. It was Sean Hiruki and his wife Mingyu, the heads of KING/S.W.O.R.D. The other man was knelt to the ground. His hair was black and perpetually wild, though it looked good that way. He had eyes as grey as morning mist. He was the first to notice Sun Zhao and Roxy. He was Marcus Gien.
He and Zhao traded a short grin as Zhao walked towards them.

A corpse lay upon the ground. It was heavily burned and three claw-like incisions ran down his chest.
"Someone order extra crispy vampire?" Zhao said
"Already made that joke, sorry pal" Marcus replied, grinning again.

Zhao knelt down to take a closer look and noticed someone immediately. He lifted the vampire's chin and found a stab wound under the chin, leading straight to the brain.
"AH!" Zhao said, smiling a little. "The claw marks were just there to distract us, make us assume it was a werewolf. But THIS" He pointed to the neck wound, "Is what really killed our fanged friend here. "
"Yes, we figured that out as well." Mingyu said.
Zhao stood up and gave Roxy a small smile. "See? It was not one of your kin. But, we should assume that the rouge werewolves you spoke of will take credit for this kill even though they did not do it."

"Rouge werewolves? did someone leave your pack, Princess?" Sean asked, worry in his tone.

As he helped her up onto the cloud and she took a seat beside him she was shocked when seconds later the cloud took off into the sky. In fact, Roxanne let out a squeal of shock as they took off. She was surprised when a minute later they were arriving at Eastern Ave. As Zhao helped her off she thanked him and followed behind him.

As they walked to where the three were standing around the body where yellow crime tape blocked off a small section of sidewalk, she looked around, taking it both the sights of the crime scene and the smells. She could easily pick up the scent of something that wasn't human but it also wasn't vampire or werewolf. Hell, it wasn't anything she recognized.

As they arrived to where the body was Roxy could see it wasn't a werewolf killing right away. Even one werewolf would have torn up the body more, despite what humans thought and if it had been the group who had left her pack she was certain they wouldn't have recognized the body. Despite knowing, though, she watched and nodded in understanding as Zhao knelt down to take a look and pointed out the neck wound.

"Yes, they will certainly take credit for this kill and while I'm glad it wasn't one of my own it was clearly someone who wants the vampires and werewolves to start a war." She said with a sigh, looking at Zhao as he rose from the ground and managing to weakly smile in return at him. "Zhao... As were were walking in I smelled something not human but it was a smell I don't recognize. I don't know if any of you can smell it or know what it is." She added, not only wanting him to know, but the rest of the group.

When Sean spoke up Roxanne managed to pull her eyes away from Zhao and look at him. "Yes, a small group of five werewolves; four males and one female, has left our pack recently. Their leader, a werewolf named Steel said it was because they did not agree with my parents views, including our relationship with the vampires." She said before falling silent. A few moments later she spoke again when something occurred to her. "Is it possible that whoever did this, had someone of a different race hired?" She asked, looking at Sean but her question was directed at the whole group.

Zhao gave her a nod. "Yes, I smelled it too. Something not fully human was here. It must be what our killer smells like." As he spoke he thought through the events. Someone had taken a whole lot of trouble just to blame a murder on the Packs. But why? A single murder would have sparked a war if the relationship between the two factions were on the rocks. Hell, even though the relationship between the two is fine and dandy, an actual murder by werewolf would spark a fight at the least.
But this...This murder was far to obviously NOT done by a wolf. Why even bother if it is going to look that obvious?
Zhao's eyes widened in realization. "Why the fuck would someone burn the body afterwards?" He looked down at the burnt corpse. "Who the hell are you anyway?"

Sean shrugged. "No clue. Won't know until we get him to the medical examiner." He put his hand to his chin in thought. "But you raise a point...."

Mingyu nodded to Roxy, "That is a very good possibility. It is something to keep in mind. In fact, it would be best if you come with us to HQ just to be safe. And since you will be helping us out anyway, it would be best if you stuck around"

Zhao gave Roxy a small grin, "Good thinking. Trust me, Princess you are gonna LOVE Headquarters. It is more like a mansion than a police station. C'mon!" He held his hand out to hers and summoned himself another cloud to ride on.
-----
You would think that someone would notice a werewolf being murdered atop an office building, but nope. That is one thing about the city, the countryside and...well actually the Human race in general. Humans are experts at ignoring things they do not want to know.
Was that a gunshot you heard across the street? Nah must have just been a car backfiring.
That MIGHT not be the neighbor hitting his wife again. None of your business anyway. The man is scary, besides.
Humans are ostriches and the world is sand.

It was damn lucky for that Balto fellow that Zhao and Roxy were flying above him on a cloud when Zhao spotted him. Zhao brought the cloud down and Zhao jumped off.
The man attacking Balto was an assassin straight out of Assassin's Creed.
No seriously. He had the hooded white cloak and retractable dagger and everything.

"Ezio Auditore De Florence!" Sun Zhao declared, pointing at the assassin. He could not help himself. "It was YOU who killed that vampire! You Italian bastard!"
The assassin paused in shock at that. "How?" He asked, his voice distorted and raspy from some magical voice enhancement.
"Your a weird assassin with a dagger trying to kill a werewolf to start a war. Kind of obvious, Altair"

With that said, the assassin wasted no time and ran. Off a building.
Zhao ran to stop him but the assassin was far too quick and he vanished off the side.
"Well....That was random..."

Roxanne listened as the men spoke. "It was probably upon the request of whoever hired them, if the killer or killers were hired. Perhaps their client thought burning the body would by them some time?" She suggested to the group. She then looked at Zhao. "Perhaps whoever did this was trying to blame the humans for this. Maybe they want the humans wiped out?" She asked, more so talking to herself this time but it was loud and clear enough for the group to hear.

As Mingyu suggested Roxanne go back to HQ with them, as if approving of the idea. "I'm all for joining you guys. Besides, gives me an excuse to stay out." She said in a half joking tone as Zhao grinned at her. When he offered his hand to her she took it and when he summon a cloud for them to ride she followed behind him when he climbed onto it.
-----
When Zhao lowered the cloud and jumped off, she followed and was growling as the scent of the assassin filled her nose; clearly ready to transform and attack the man if she had to. "Attacking one of my own is a good way to get yourself killed, assassin!" She warned, still growling as she watched the assassin. Roxy watched as the assassin ran and was ready to chase after the man until she saw Zhao running to stop him. She ran to Balto, who's tattoo that ran along his left leg began to glow, slowly healing him.

"I'll be alright, Princess." He assured her before she even had the chance to ask.

Zhao sighed aloud before walking over to Roxy and Balto. There was no use in trying to chase after the assassin. It would be best just to wait until he shows up again. He knelt down and checked Balto's wounds, which had already begun to heal.
"Fancy tattoo, pal." He said with a grin. "Looks like you will be fine. Could you do me a favor and let your Alphas know that the assassin that tried to off you just killed a vampire, presumably to start a vampire-werewolf war. Make sure they know it was not a vampire that attacked you and not a werewolf that killed the vamp."

Zhao stood up, still grinning and nodded at Roxy. "Well I think we can head out now." He looked at Balto, "Oh and also let them know that their daughter is safe with me and KING/S.W.O.R.D at K/S HQ. Thanks"
--------
Getting into KING/S.W.O.R.D Headquarters is not easy, unless you are aware of how to get in, anyway. Sun Zhao used the phone booth right across the street from the White House. The booth was a tight fit for both Roxy and himself so they had to press up against each other as Zhao put in the code. Code entered, the booth lowered itself into the ground. A short ride later they were able to get out.

In front of them was a giant metal door with the organization's name on it. The door opened into a gargantuan room that rivaled the lobbys of most five star hotels.
"Each member has his or her own room, except the ones who are married like Sean and Mingyu. They share a room, of course. Having a room here is easier. The closer you are to work, the faster you can stop some monster or another from eating someone's something." Sun Zhao explained to Roxy. "There are plenty of spare rooms too, for people like us who help them out every so often. Each room is basically an apartment mixed with a royal suite. It is pretty sweet."

"Most of us have the tattoo, they are in different places but we all get them at a certain age." Roxanne explained to Zhao as she offered her hand to Balto to help him to his feet, but he didn't take her offer and got up to his feet. As Zhao asked Balto to give the news to his alphas he was looking at Roxanne, as if trying to tell her something and he didn't give a damn in Zhao saw it. "I'll give them the news and just keep her parents up to date on where she is." She added, still looking at Roxanne.

"I'm ready to head out when you are." She said, smiling weakly at him as she pulled her eyes away from Balto and looked at him. "Why don't you get home Balto?" She asked. Balto glared at her before turning and leaving.
---------
When they arrived at the phone booth Roxanne seemed confused for a moment but she trusted him so when she felt his hand gently wrap around her's and followed him as he lead her into he phone booth. The small booth was indeed a tight squeeze for both of them but he was one man she didn't mind pressing up against for the ride down. When the ride was over and the door opened Roxanne stepped our first, since it was easier for her to get out, being the smaller one.

As the metal doors in front of them opened Roxanne was shocked at just how big and beautiful the place was. She looked at Zhao. "You definitely were not kidding when you said headquarters was like a five star hotel." She said after he was through explaining to her.

Zhao chuckled a little, "Yup, told ya." He folded his arms and grinned at the massive place. He gave it a look of pride that one gives when they are looking at something they made himself. Which, of course is a look Zhao should not have made because he did not build any of it.
Except the snack bars, anyway.
"C'mon I'll show ya around" He said and began to walk down the long, expansive hallway. Paintings of battles, both ancient and modern lined the red walls. He stopped at a door to the right and opened it.

Behind the door was a giant room that looked like a cross between NASA's mission control and a movie theater. A massive screen covered the far wall. Long desks with laptops on them were lined in front of it and rose up for a few levels like a college lecture hall.
"This is where most of the mission briefings happen and where we gather info on the internet and such."

He closed the door and moved onto a door farther up and to the left. It was a giant, empty room. The walls, floor and ceiling were all made of metal. "This is the training area. Makes me feel like an X-Man every time I train here because there is a computer program that can holographically simulate any and every part of the world. Wanna train in Giza in front of the pyramids? You can. Wanna spar on a random street in Hong Kong. You bet you can. Wanna fight in a volcano? Forget about it, that is too dangerous. Moving on!"

Zhao shut the door and moved down a different hallway. "This hallway leads to the apartments. Until we can get you situated you can stay in my room. I promise upon my power I will not thy anything with you..Unless you want me to." He gave Roxy a playful grin before opening the door to his room.

The room was exactly how he had described. A five star hotel suite fit for a king. The living room was enormous. A plasma screen tv sat on a huge nightstand in front of two very comfortable looking couches. Next to the living room was a sizable kitchen with everything you would need to cook anything you wanted.
Zhao pointed to the closed door. "You can use my bed in there. It is king sized so it should be perfectly comfortable for you, Princess. The bathroom is in there as well if you need to shower or something. I'll wait out here until you are finished."

"Okay, I'd love to see this place." She said and as he began to walk down the long, expansive hallway she followed, glancing at each one. Roxanne noticed there was a mixture of battle scenes, ranging from what she guessed was the time the organization was started to modern day. A few of the more recent ones involving werewolves she remember, mostly by learning about them from some of the elders in her pack, her parents included but the most recent one she remembered the soldiers of her back being sent off to defend their lands. In the painting she saw a race she didn't recognize and made a mental note to ask Zhao about it later.

As he stopped at the first door she stopped behind him, wondering what was inside. As he opened the door she was more amazed at the size of the room rather than what was inside it. As he went on to explain that it was their briefing room she looked around the room. "You guys have definitely outdone anything I've ever seen in a movie." She complimented.

As he closed the door and moved on she followed behind him, continuing to look around at any paintings covering the wall. When he stopped at the next door up and moved left she stopped behind him just as she had done before. When he opened it only took Roxy a moment to realize what the room was used for, but she listened as Zhao went on to explain it anyway. "Makes me feel like an X-Man just looking at it. It makes sense, though. You guys deal with all kinds of different races so you have to be prepared for anything." She said, her tone half joking in the first part.

As he shut the door and moved down a different hallway she followed. "Okay, I don't mind staying with you." She said with a smile, moving up so she was walking along side him rather than behind him. It was odd, the two had just met hours ago and she felt she could trust him with her life, that trust being something most of the males within her pack hadn't even earned yet. "And what if I want you to, Zhao?" She asked, her tone just as playful as his grin.

As he opened the door to his room she looked around in awe. "Are all the rooms like this?" She asked, not really realizing how dumb her question was. As he walked in she followed him, continuing to look around until Zhao spoke to her as he pointed to the closed door. "Thank you, Zhao." She said and bowed her head respectfully to him for a moment. "Please, call me Roxy or Roxanne, though." She added with insistence. "What am I going to wear when I get out of the shower, though? None of my own clothes are here."

Zhao grinned. So she was willing to play too, eh? He was liking this girl more and more. It would seem her wit is nearly a match for his. Nearly. "Well, "He replied, "I am pretty sure we will have time to play a little later."
He turned and took a beer from the fridge. Not exactly Chinese wine, but Guinness was pretty good too. "Nah, all rooms are a little different. For a government agency, these guys really do not like conformity. Help yourself to beer in the fridge and I am pretty sure Mingyu has clothes for you to slip into."
Zhao enjoyed the images those words he just spoke conjured in his mind. He then paused. "Wait nevermind, Mingyu would most likely give you a slinky Chinese dress. She's like that. You can borrow one of my shirts and a pair of pants for now. As long as you don't mind shirts with nerdy sayings and such on them"

His grin turned into a warm smile when she asked him to call her by her name instead of 'princess' like he had up til now. "I dunno, I've gotten used to calling you Princess" He leaned on the counter and looked into her eyes. "But, i'll do whatever you say, Princess. I mean Roxy"

Back
Top Bottom