Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The insane ramblings of an old wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaqueline said:
Sweet Home huh? Sounds interesting.
Zehehe, you should do a Let's Play.

I don't think I'd be very good at doing let's plays... Plus, since I'll be playing this on the actual hardware, that would be troublesome.

Also, I suck at encoding videos.

You know, christmas kind of sucks.

And no I don't mean from a 'hurr durr Christmas is too commercial' viewpoint. I mean that as in 'this one' is going to suck, for 'me'. I will be spending Christmas alone at home. Literally alone. Both the 24th and 25th. My parents are doing a sort of a 'get together' but that's not until the 28th or so. Which isn't Christmas. I know I'm making a big deal just for a few days, but it would just be nice for me to actually... Y'know, have something to do on Christmas.

I probably wouldn't be this bitter about it if I didn't keep having fucking insomnia. I woke up with a whopping 3 hours and 20 minutes of sleep in my system and was unable to go back to sleep. Taking a nap later today will be impossible as my roommate's daughter is currently here, and she's fucking noisy. So I'll probably only take a nap when 'they' leave for 'their' christmas celebration. While everyone is having a good time, I will be taking a fucking nap.

Just, ugh... I guess I should try to get back to sleep soon. I'll give it an hour so I have an actual chance of it working, instead of just kidding myself.

*gives lots of hugs* I know it's not much or anything, but my thoughts will be with you on Christmas... actual Christmas, that is. <3

I got absolutely nothing for christmas. I'm not bitter about it anymore, but it still kind of sucks. I mean, presents are nice. At least I managed to get some sleep in and ate some christmas log (basically weird french Canadian christmas cake).

Maybe next year will be better. I still have to go to my parents's thing on the 29th, maybe they'll have a small something for me. Would be nice... Even if it doesn't cost much. `C It's the thought that counts and all that.

Eeeeeh... Well, maybe I'll get something on my birthday.

The 24th of February.

As an amusing side-note, I... Ended up getting a present today. Turns out my best friend's present was just late. :x Ordering online can be a bitch like that.

I got two nice looking World of Warcraft themed t-shirts. I don't play WoW anymore, but I still really like them, and god knows I need more shirts. Overall though, I'm very happy with this.

... Go figure, the day I bitch about not getting presents, I get presents.

Went to that late christmas party thing yesterday... Stuffed my face full of really good food and had a good time~ My parents didn't buy me a present, but I didn't really expect them to, so that's fine.

I had to leave early because I was tired as hell though, hadn't gotten enough sleep... Got home, spent 1 more hour awake, crashed, then slept for 9 hours. Yay.

Been a little bit since I wrote here... Hm.

I got the reproduction game I had ordered and beat it, it was fun, and looks pretty damn good on my shelf. I'm pretty confident that it was a good purchase... Been playing a few games here and there, and won a free copy of Assassin's creed 3.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, quite a bit of it in fact. Not quite insomnia, but suffice to say that my sleep schedule is erratic, and I sleep twice a day for a few hours. It's annoying.

Depressing stuff goes below here, so proceed at your own risk.

I haven't been feeling good lately, in fact, I've been feeling downright shitty. My birthday is going to be in a month, and when I look back upon my life... I see that I've accomplished nothing. And then I think, about later on... I'm getting closer to being 30, aren't I? Will I have done anything by then? Will I have accomplished anything remotely worthwhile? The more I think on it... And the more I doubt it. I'm unmotivated, that's my main problem. I know people will say that I should just 'kick my own ass and stop being a limp-dick' but that just doesn't work for me. No matter how much I want to do things, I have no drive whatsoever to actually do them.

The only time I feel like I want to do anything, is when I have a very precise goal to accomplish. But... That goal is a specific thing, not just any goal. That goal being that I don't want to be alone anymore. Of course, any idiot might realize that doing that is much easier if you actually do stuff, and that in the long run, you'll find someone as long as you succeed in life. But... To me, it's different. I need to know that 'someone' is waiting for me, that someone is counting on me to do the right things... That someone is there for me. That person needs to be a tangible, living goal.

I tried to roll this line of thought over and over in my head, trying to find a solution... But I can't find one. I'm depressed because I'm alone, and because I'm depressed, I'll most likely never find someone. Maybe I should see a doc and get him to prescribe me some happy-pills or something. Shit.

For now, I need aspirin.

*gives Hal some hugs and loves*
Vicious cycle is vicious and the only way to break it is to just be bold and do so... even though it's tough as hell to do it and going against what is easy and comfortable. But, the thing is... that's really what needs to be done when you take that step back and look at it. Despite what you think, you have a lot going for you if you just go for it. But you have to take that step and do so. You can. I know that you can. And that person is out there waiting to be found by you. So get your ass on out there and look for them and then rock their freakin' world! <33333

In much less depressing news, I just got done watching Code Geass, and I absolutely loved the shit out of it. Just a masterfully done anime, the plot, the battles, the music... Everything was just 'right'. There were some parts that were less good than the others, but even those were really damn good.

I watched the entire series in like 3 days, because I'm compulsive. :x

Hilarious? I'm not sure I'd view it as hilarious... I mean, it had funny moments, of course but... o.o; I dunno.

It was a blast to watch though. I really liked Lelouch's character, but then again, I would. I tend to be all for those anti-hero/affable villains type of characters. Although it's really ambiguous to even call him that.

... I really liked Rolo too. :C

If you go back and really look at some of the stuff they pulled. Faces, dialogue, situations...They're insane! But while watching the show front to back, all you think is 'awesome!'. Only after looking back did I realize how funny it all is.
Faces
these
Suzaku's Spinning Kick and the dance pose by Charles.
Sooooo many INSANE character designs and lines like "Now! Face the STORM of my LOYALTY!"
I love the show to death, it's one of my favorites for sure! I wouldn't change a thing if I had the choice. It's such a dramatic, over the top world.
Also-Lloyd Asplund is one of the greatest things ever of all time.

Ack, sorry. I'll stop foruming in your journal!

It's my journal, you can forum all you want here. It's meant to be used in a way that pleases me, and this is fine with me.

Lloyd was pretty awesome yeah. And I didn't fail to notice that Nina face, I thought it was pretty ridiculous even the first time I saw it. And I'm well aware of Suzaku's ridiculous spinning kick... It's gained a bit of fame on the internet apparently. God, that kick is absolutely impossible. HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!

And yeah, some of the lines were awesome. It's very over-the-top, but sometimes, it just has to be so that it can maintain that 'really fucking epic' feel to it.

I also really liked the music, although this particular track got me everytime. The manner in which they used it, and the timing... Oh man, whenever that song was blaring, I knew shit was getting serious.

... I also looked over the internet and see that there's quite a raging debate on if 'you know who' is really dead or not. There's good arguments on both sides, and even though the 'writers' have implied that he's really dead. (Albeit vaguely) The director's cut version of the ending (which some people believe to be fake, but isn't) shows pretty clearly that he's still alive in the ending.

In short, the writers are dicks and are just trying to confuse the fuck out of everyone. It's ambiguous, and I don't care. I'm just going to take the alive camp, because I don't want him to be dead and I'm stubborn like that... Not because of any 'good' argument towards it~

See.... now you have me wanting to re-watch Code Geass/R2. I haven't watched it in a while. I honestly thought it was one of the best anime I've seen.... even the ending. >.< Though I'll probably receive some heat for saying that, lol. But I did really like it a lot and I'm not usually one who goes for mecha anime either. However, this one was just captivating in so many ways. and the music was just plain awesome. I loved all the characters so much. :)

He's alive, but in such a way that he will never, ever do anything that puts him on ANY sort of radar. If he isn't dead then the martyrdom falls apart.
So yes he's alive, but it doesn't matter. In terms of the world, he may as well be dead, which is the point.
I agree with all you've said. Everything about the show was epic. Just in retrospect things get silly. Save one part.
YOU CANNOT DO THAT MOVE IN CHESS. GEEEZ. THIS IS A SHOW BUILD AROUND CHESS MOTIFS AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO CHESS RIGHT!?

The last three openings are so much better than the first two it isn't even funny.

And now, for something completely different.

I played a fun little game by the name of Wine & Roses. The whole thing was tossed together in RPGMaker VX Ace... And I have to say, it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in recent memory, as far as RPG titles go. Even including big name releases.

And all of this was condensed within less than 4 hours of gameplay.

The premise of the game is simple: A team of three exorcists embarks upon a job to rid a mansion of it's unwelcome inhabitants, both demons and angels alike. In this, they are accompanied by the former master of the mansion, Lord Francisco, a man who has been cursed to live as an undead skeleton.

From there, you quickly notice one thing: The game isn't very story centric. In fact, I'd say that the biggest focus of the game is on it's very well crafted combat scenes. Each battle will challenge you, making you think of clever ways to dispose of your opponents. There's usually several strategies that will work for any given battle, but figuring out your own strategy is just part of the fun. This is helped by the fact that every party member possesses a fully customizable 'equipment' set that will attribute to them new skills and special effects. This can be changed at will, and figuring out what items to use is just part of the fun, as there's a good variety of them and the game likes to keep you on your toes.

To help matters, each battle is personally commented on by Lord Francisco himself. During each of the battle's turns (to a certain point) the skeletal lord will give comments on the enemy you're facing, sometimes those comments are helpful, sometimes they're funny, and they can even be sad.

Each time you defeat an encounter, you'll usually receive a piece of equipment/skill of some sort. Equipment pieces come together with a bit of background information being told by one of your party members, adding to the game's simplistic but well crafted story... While skills come with a famous quote, as told by Lord Francisco himself. Most of these quotes come from popular literature like Bram Stoker or Stephen King, and this adds quite a bit to the game's atmosphere.

The mansion is divided in five distinct areas, each with their own theme and set of challenges. Even the simplest battles will take quite a bit of thought to get past, and some bosses can be real puzzlers when it comes to figuring out an apt strategy. This all culminates in an encounter with a very important character to the storyline, and an epic as hell battle to go along with it.

Another point to the game's credit is the soundtrack. While it actually has a very small library of songs, each of them is fitting and well picked, adding plenty to the game's specific style... The final boss theme especially shined in that respect.

Wine & Roses is a game that deserves attention, and is short enough to be beaten in one sitting. I'd suggest it to pretty much anyone who enjoys thinking or likes a good challenge. It'll keep you occupied for a good few hours.

Get the game here and the required files to run it here.

And yes, I do realize that this post is more of a review than anything else, but I felt like it, bite me.

Added my birthday date to my profile since I just noticed that I didn't before... Now I can get my own birthday thread too when it comes up! Hurray!

Also... Well, I suppose this is kind of pointless since I doubt any of you guys read this... But to everyone I've dropped a RP with without saying a word, I'm sorry. :/ I've been thinking back on it, and I do it far too often... Although most times it's because the delay between getting a reply back irked me.

I'm the kind of person who requires a constant (if not semi-constant) stream of activity and likes to be advised if a reply will take more than 1-3 days... As such, I've let RPs die simply because getting a reply back took too long, which caused me to lose interest in the RP itself. I should have said something, but it's too late now.

I'm not saying this is the ONLY reason why I dropped RPs without saying anything... But it's definitely the main one. Still, to all my previous RP partners whom I've legitimately disappointed, I'm sorry.

... Shit, they won't read this, will they? I should send them a PM or something.

Still, F, Y, K, P... I'm sorry. I really did enjoy our RP, it wasn't you, it was me. I can be stupid, and I fully admit my mistakes. To everyone else too, I don't doubt that I'm forgetting a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom