Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The insane ramblings of an old wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, it's nice to know there's at least one person I can count on out there. <3 Sorry for not being such an awesome friend. :C

Well I doubt I'd have any real advice or anything, but same as Hahvy, I'm willing.

Look, you got like, eight hearts from DA!

*Hugs back* Thanks DA~

And I know Jaq, I'm pretty confident that when stuff upsets me, I can go to you with it. Though, I'd most likely have to do so over PM, which is slightly inconvenient. XD When I'm talking about that kind of stuff, I just like to offload and whatnot. But still, you're a good friend, and one of the few people I'd actually share that kind of stuff with.

Besides, advice isn't really required. All I need during these times is to offload. But eh, it's pretty much over right now, and I'm just moving on.

Tonight, I was bored.

Tonight, I was lonely.

Tonight, I almost did the unthinkable...

I almost started playing World of Warcraft again.

Help D:

So, let's see, some news...

I didn't cave in to playing WoW yet, and it seems like I won't for a bit either. At least from what I've decided. Though I eventually might, but it's not going to 'take my life away' or anything as I've always had a rather casual approach to WoW... Plus, I play the game windowed so I can multitask/check the forums, etc~

I'm finally putting the finishing touches on unpacking my room. I had to get a piece of furniture with some more storage space/TV space so I could unpack everything. I got a really nice one at a second-hand store for 20$, my TV barely even fits in it... It's a big old CRT TV. XD I still haven't made the jump to flat screen, and I honestly don't care much to. Maybe when it's super cheap or gaming becomes impossible on these TV. Though, HD font is a bitch to read on CRT.

I'm also sick. :C I've managed to catch a cold, and being that I am a man, I've got a 'man cold' which is to say, an utterly debiliating disease. You know the type. For 2 days my throat was sore as hell, and now that it's getting better, I've started to get a fever. The fever makes me feel generally tired and shitty, and I really hope that my body will take care of this soon enough. It's also why I've been a bit less active on the site lately, don't have much energy to spare.

Other than that, no big news for now. Just random stuff, shenanigans, etc.

I just coughed and a lovely little ball of yellow gooey stuff came out. I feel like I'm getting better though, somehow. I expect the cold to be gone within another day or two, if I'm lucky.

Also, thanks for the words of well-wishing and stuff, you guys are awesome.

Actually, the fact that he's coughing up gunk IS good. It means the cough and what not is productive. Better that crap is OUT of his lungs than IN. Take it from someone who gets respiratory infections all the time. XD Regardless, continue to get better and hopefully the ickiness will be fully behind you sooner than later. *hughug* <333

So, I just got a new video card and power supply for my PC... And it makes a world of difference. Honestly I feel like my PC just went from 'good' to 'Fucking awesomesauce'.

To put it bluntly: I can run Skyrim in ultra high details without any FPS drops... In windowed mode. This makes me incredibly happy and I could cackle like a maniac. I can run any fucking game I want with super awesome graphics. This is a huge improvement since my old videocard couldn't run Skyrim at all even on the lowest setting.

I'll be paying this for the next 3-4 months, but it's oh-so entirely worth it.

Jaqueline said:
Zehahaha!
Sounds awesome.

It is! You have no idea how awesome it is. I'm not so much of a graphics whore when it comes to games, but just the fact that I can 'run' these games pleases me. And the fact that I can run them on high details indicates that this videocard will at least last me for quite a few years. :3

Been a while since I wrote in here (again) so let's see what I've got... The desire to write here just struck me again.

Welp, I woke up this morning with an incredible killer headache. I was absolutely unable to get up from bed for quite a while, but once I did, I immediately took some aspirins, and the damn thing is gone now. Thanks god for the power of science.

Asides from my real life friend (whom I now live with) I really don't speak to anyone anymore. At least not on a personal basis. No one online, no one in real life... This includes my parents, whom up until a few months ago, I was still living with. I'll be seeing them on christmas (sort of, they're doing a get-together for the whole family on the 28th) but that's about it. I always wonder about how antisociable I am... I'm strangely content with being alone, and at the same time, I feel lonely.

Doesn't make a single fucking bit of sense to me, but let's move on, shall we? I don't feel like moping today, and whoever reads this has probably already had their fill of retarded moping.

So, as mentioned, my parents will be doing a get together on the 28th, aaaand... That's pretty much all I'm doing for christmas at this point. Which means that on the 24th/25th, I will be doing all of jack and shit. Sitting at home, alone, since my friend will be out with his family. If I drank, I would probably do that, but I don't, so it'll just be another day. Though, my friend has told me that he has already brought me a christmas present... Hrm.

That's actually something that I look forward to, and at the same time don't. Time and again, in the past, my friend has proven that he knows jackshit about the kind of gifts I would enjoy. I don't pretend to be better with him, I've failed on multiple occasions, but I'm the kind of person who actually 'rejects' gifts that he dislikes. I don't play 'pretend' and act like I like it. Some may call me a selfish dick for that, but I've always been a very honest person, and that's just my way.

But who knows, maybe this'll be the first year my friend gets me a gift that I'm actually happy with. Shit, I intend to get something I know he'll be happy with this year. Quite a challenge, but I will do it.

In other news, I've ordered my very fist reproduction cartridge. That is to say, a game that never made it to american shores or got translated to english, and at some point someone came along and made a fan translation patch for it. A reproduction is when someone (or a group of people in this case) makes a new cartridge and sometimes box and manual, all fully in english. I had been obsessing over that game for quite some time. This is the game I ordered, in case anyone wants to take a look. I intend to have a blast playing it.

I've actually been taking a break from League of legends. I was obsessing far too much over it, and playing far too much for my own good. I was starting to rage at losses, and that's never a good sign. (though I did lose 9 times in a row before taking a break... Which isn't really a good sign either) I intend to return to it next month, perhaps, or after season 3 comes out. Hopefully ready to kick ass again like I once used to.

Still been playing Skyrim, the scope of this game astounds me. I've played and completed the entirety of Fallout: New Vegas before, and that took me 126 hours. I fear that Skyrim may take me even longer than that, but I'm enjoying it, so I can't complain.

Not overly interesting stuff, but that's my daily lot and what goes through my head. I know a select few people still read this, and I can't overstate how awesome you guys are for that. I'd probably still write even if no one read, but it's still a warm and fuzzy feeling when I know someone actually cares about the pointless crap I write/do.

*gives hugs*
Yay for the warm, fuzzy feelings. :)
And you'll have to let us know what you get and what you end up getting your friend. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom