Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Remember To Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sasha moved into the quiet hospital room once more, the only sounds the beeping of his machines. he had been in a coma for three days. She had a broken wrist, a few cracked rips, and some bumps a bruises. Also a split, fat lip. But the swelling was going down. She sighed, sitting beside his bed. She lied. She told them they tripped and fell down the stairs together. But it was far from true. He pushed her just a little too hard and she took him with her, grabbing on to his sleeve. He used to be such a loving, protective, gentle man eve nthough yes, he had a temper. But his tempter was never turned her. Not until his father died...the only family he had left.

She took his hand, her thumb stroking it softly. She hated him for all he had done...but she loved him all the same. She wanted the real him back..

"What would you know about it?" Daniel screamed, "Your father is still alive." He sneered. He never gave her time to respond. The back of his hand connected square on her cheek causing her head to jerk sideways.

Daniel hadn't always been this way, He used to be so loving, so caring towards her. After the death of his father he turned to the bottle for comfort instead of the loving arms that were his for the asking.

Daniel never noticed how close they were to the staircase. He drew his arm back and slapped her hard knocking her off her feet and she started to fall backwards the last thing he felt was her grabbing his sleeve

He was in blackness, he felt like he was floating in nothingness. He was trapped inside his mind. In the total darkness he saw nothing knew nothing...remembered nothing. He heard faint beeping and mechanical whirring of a breathing apparatus. He felt a gentle touch on his hand. He cracked his eyes open for the first time in what felt like ages.

"Sasha?" he croaked, "Where am I, what happened, and how did I get here?"

Sasha looked up from her lap as she felt him stir. "Like you don't know.." She said rather blankly, a pain in her eyes. The doctor came in at that moment. "Actually, it's quite possible he doesn't know. A coma as long as he was out rarely ever goes without some form of amnesia." He said, doing a little check up on Daniel, he shined a light in his eyes. "Hmm. How far back do you remember?"

Daniel was puzzled by the questions. He wondered why the doctor had mentioned amnesia. He was befuddled at the way Sasha was treating him...coldly and very short. He opened his lips to utter but a single question.
"Where is my father?" he asked, "where is John Hammersmith?"

Sasha cocked her head to the side slowly, a confusion going in her eyes. "Well..if he doesn't know this, he really doesn't recall alot.." That meant..he didn't remember being abusive either.. "Daniel..Your father has been sick for a long time, long enough you must remember at least that.. He passed away three months ago.."

Daniels' puzzled look turned to absolute shock and horror. "Dead?" his jaw dropped open. "He can't be dead." he questioned, "I just spoke with him on the phone like an hour ago."
Daniel turned to Sasha. He's been dead for three months?" Why did I not know this...what has happened to me?"

Sasha looked to the doctor, who gave a nod and left the room. "Daniel, you..We fell down the stairs. You've been in a coma for three days. You have amnesia.." She paused. "You really don't remember what you've done..do you.." She sighed and looked down into her lap.

"Amnesia," Daniel repeated, "a coma for three days?" Daniel turned to Sasha and looked into her beautiful eyes. "We fell down the stairs?" he asked, "together?" he added. Daniel wondered what they were doing to have fallen down the stairs together, but the more he thought the more he did not really need to know. "When can we leave the hospital?" he asked Sasha

Sasha Stood. "I'll ask the doctor." She slid his hand slip from her's and disappeared from the room. She spoke to the doctor, and their best friend, a guy named Keith. She hung up the phone from talking to him and at his advice and the doctor's order to take him home, she would take him back...and pretend nothing happened, let him remember on his own if he will ever remember at all an....see if he returns to his abusive self again..

Daniel was over-joyed that he was going to home. The whole car ride he remained mostly quiet except singing off key to a few 80's hits he particularly enjoyed. "I love rock n roll, so put another dime in the jukebox baby," he sang. The song ended and daniel turned toward Sasha. "So if I remember correctly, I was out for three days, and now that I'm awake I cannot remember the last three months." His face grew solemn, "I want to get right back to where we were before the accident...hopefully you'll help me out." He leaned over and kissed Sasha on the cheek

Sasha..flinched, when he moved towards her. Cringing away. But her body relaxed as she felt soft lips touch her cheek. He wanted to remember, to be like he was before the accident. But he didn't know..he didn't know how he was. She drove with one hand, against the doctor's wishes, her broken wrist resting on her lap. "Before the accident..." She sighed. "There was no accident.." She mumbled, so quiet he probably didn't hear, or at least didn't understand what she said.

Daniel kinda recoiled when he saw Sasha flinch. *Had he been unkind to her prior to the accident* he thought, *was he the reason they tumbled down the stairs* He thought he head heard her say something but it was mostly drowned out by the radio.

She slowed the car and pulled into a driveway of the home they had together. Daniel still couldn't shake the feeling that there was something she wasn't telling him but that didn't really matter right now. Right now he was just glad to be home with the woman he loved. Daniel stepped out of the car and hurried over to the drivers side. He held out his arm to Sasha. "My arm mi'lady," he began, "Is your arm to hold."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom