Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stars Shall Clash, Stars Shall Cross (MasterOfWhispers and Smilincutie)

Parry and thrust. Side step and slash. Aim at the torso thrust again. These were the last motions Edwin Von Saigon remembered when he dueled his elven enemy as both of they and the armies they represent were fighting to gain control of the Twilight Mountains.
Home to many rare metals and ancient secrets.His enemy was fierce. Very nimble on her feet, and quick whether it came to the draw of bow or the swing of a blade. The girl was certainly somebody worthy of his respect. As he fought the mysterious elven woman, a part of him wandered one thing: Had they're kingdom's not been at war would they have been close friends. Such questions were always pondered whenever he went on battles or performed missions for the Lunar Kingdom. Edwin deep down hated war. Resented the fact that his home kingdom was fighting a war that was started because their respective kingdoms gods did not get along. He cursed the moon god Koran as he found himself forced to commit various atrocities. True; He is a vampire. But Since the Kingdom's founding he only took blood from humans sparingly, as required by laws of the Night Kingdom. Since he was drafted into the army though, he was forced to survive by draining his enemies fully, if he wanted to survive the day and battle. Rations for Vampires were rarely given. As he delivered another combination of swings at the fair elf, He wondered if it would be easier just to die.

Unfortunately or fortunately, because of the fact that these mountains were ancient, the battle with the fair elven girl ended abruptly as the mountains roared and and unexpected mud slide swept the two combatants over the hill. Little did he know, this little accident would lead him to a destiny far greater then he could ever imagine. Of course such thoughts about destiny and happenstance would escape his mind as he woke hours later in complete darkness. He was trapped but not for long. Relying on his vampiric senses, Edwin walked through the ancient caves and found something he never thought he we see.

It was a green grassy field in a cave. A temple could be seen in the far corner but the field is what caught his attention. How did grass grow in such a place. The torches all around the corner could not have been what was keeping it alive. There were even flower patches in certain parts of the field. Before he could go on any further, something happened. The scent of an eleven girl was caught by his nose. His head turned and began to ready his blade.
"Damn..." He said silently. He cursed Koran under his breath. Looks like he would have to enjoy the mysterious of this field later.

Rania's sword met her opponents with a vengeance. He was kind enough to aim for her stomach, but her aim was set for his head. She had heard the stories of how they emptied their opponents of their blood to keep their energy up. She wouldn't allow such a thing to happen to her. Rania had signed up for the war. She wanted to prove herself to her family, so far she was doing a great job she was slowly moving up in rank. She also signed on to work at the Twilight Mountains, every opponent she defeated she was a step closer to finding out the mysteries that lurked inside the mountain. She felt bad that she had to kill him. He probably had a family, he even probably had a wife or was courting some one. She wished for Cantik to do something. She was tired of the warring between their kingdoms, and even though she wanted to like, the thought of the Vampire, having a family or a girl, made her less reluctant to kill him.

She felt the ground rumble between them. She thought it was an earthquake till she saw the muddy ground sliding from beneath her. Rania tried not to lose her footing, but the intensity of the ground rumbling, caused her to fall easily. She found her self falling a long distance into somewhere dark, and then she was out. She had hit the ground, and was knocked into a slumber.

Rania wasn't sure how long she had slept. She couldn't see, but she heard the vampire's breath, and his 'quiet' footsteps away from her. She stayed where she was trying not alert him. She heard his foot steps travel away from her and stop. Where ever they were she could hear a rumbling it sounded like water, it was impossible for the water to be so far under the surface.

She heard his footsteps coming back toward her. She forgot he would be able to smell her and when he got close enough he would be able to see her. Rania unsheathed her sword. She prayed that Cantik would be on her side. "What is your name," she pointed her blade out to the darkness, unsure if how close he was to her.

"I don't believe names matter at this point, Considering your country and mine are at war elf." The vampire responded staying at the entrance of the cave. "Follow the sound of my voice you'll find something really interesting..." Edwin drew out his blade just in case the elf in question would charge at him. After all, the girl was incredibly strong. From the way she battled him, the blood sucker had to use every ounce of wit to fight her. There were more pressing matters at the moment. For one thing, discovering an ancient temple and grounds in what must be several hundred feet underground. The other thing; He was not sure how long he would be stuck in this mysterious underground sanctum so survival was a key priority.

He began thinking of several options to survive while the elf was searching for him. He could attack the elf and drain her blood fully. Even a quarter of elves blood would help him survive several days as he searched through the caves. Drinking all of it would let him several a couple of weeks. He'd be getting rid of a potential enemy too. Or he could have ask for a truce with the elf and feed off her occasionally as they explored the ruins. After all, two eyes were better then one. He would have to remain on constant guard. And it was no guarantee that he could trust her all the way. At the same time he was exhausted from battle and severely injured. Could he even take her in a fight with the strength had left?

When the elf finally found her way into the sanctum he called out to her. "There you are. Guess you were lost after our little fight as well..." His voice was calm and neutral. He was careful not to show any panic or fear. He was in a desperate situation, and knew the elf was in the same boat.

"So where do we stand now. A fight to the death? Finish what we started?"

She would have to kill him. Rania didn't want to have to, but the way he talked let her know that even though they were trapped they would still have to fight to the death and only one of them would live. She treaded softly hearing his slight movement. She was closer to him now. Behind him she could see a growing light. She looked pass the dark figure in front of her to the gardens behind him she saw the source of water she had heard when she first woken up. She looked at him unable to see more than a dark outline of his face had he not noticed the land that sat behind him.

"Where are..." she had forgotten for a moment who he was the enemy. He had tried to kill her. With her sworf out she walk toward him. She didn't know what to do. If she killed him she would be alone, and how would she get out if she was alone. She pursed her lips thinking it over. She kept her blade out, never looking away from him. There was always an option of letting him live. Rania wouldn't be sure if he would stay loyal to her, that he wouldn't kill her the moment that they discovered a way out.

" Yes I did. I had hit the ground pretty hard. So had you though. You were out quite awhile." Rania noticed that his sword was out as well.

"What do you suggest we do. We both have our blades out, but what would one of us do in a place like this all by ourselves? If you let me live you could have a better chance of finding your way out," Ranua offered a reasonable solution to their problem.

Despite their problem she couldn't help herself, but to look at the gardens. She walked pass him toward the gardens. She wanted to explore some.

"That I was.."Edwin responded still keeping a neutral expression on his face. He was observing her really closely now. Her every movement and motion was scrutinized under his eyes. His first instinct, the moment she came into the light was to lob her head off and be done with it. However as the conversation continued he found himself for the first time since the start the battle: relaxing.
"Don't think we can afford to be at each others throats at the moment. Our fight will have to wait some other time." As a sign of trust he sheathed his sword. He was still on guard though despite putting away his weapons. The vampire studied a great deal of unarmed combat during his boot camp training, and should the elf get any ideas he would be more then ready to disarm her. However such and action would be unnecessary one the girl in question walked passed him to star at the wondrous Garden that Edwin would call in his mind the twilight garden

Straitening himself up a bit, and glad that there wouldn't be a fight to the death at the this very moment. Edwin finally came to a decision.
"Funny, I've heard of many legends about the Twilight mountains, but this is the first that I've heard of a thriving garden in caves thousands of feet underground." He walked to her side. The atmosphere was calm. From Edwin's eyes, it seemed like there would be a silent truce. I saw a temple not far from here. Maybe we'll find a clue to a way out over there." The vampire turned to the direction of the temple waling towards it.

The temple itself was a wonder. Complex and wide architecture with long towering columns and marble material making up it's foundation. Though must interesting things to note was the large waterfall at the entrance of the temple and the statues. The Statues were the most baffling of them all.

There were many portraits and statues at the Lunar Kingdom that portrayed moon god Koran and the sunlight goddess Catin at war with each other. Some showing Koran stabbing Catnik in the back, others showing Catnik decapitating Koran. However, the statues that portrayed these two in this temple were the exact opposite! There were statues of Catnik and Koran holding hands, in an embrace and most notably and surprising of all kissing. At the sight of such a statue the only words that the Lunar Kingdom warrior could even say was:
"Not something you see every day."

She felt his eyes drifting over him, but she didn't bother. Something was different about him. Somehow she knew he wasn't going to attack her. Rania sheathed her sword walking toward the garden, but hesitating to walk in. She gave into her curiosity and walked through the garden. She didn't understand how this was possible. The mountains was suppose to be a place of an enchantment, bu this was all together different. There shouldn't be something like this under ground. She walked around ducking beneath the leaves of the exotic tree. She didn't know what to touch what was safe and what was poisonous. She hadn't seen any plants like this on the surface, even though she had spent her life studying plants and their magical uses.

"I don't think we could afford to be enemies right now either. I will watch my back, and if I have to, I will kill you. Without any hesitation at all," she threatened before continuing her journey through the massive gardens. She walked beside him hardly acknowledging that he was their. They had to cooperate as long as they were down her, and that would be it. She followed him to the temple he said he had noticed.

Rania smiled at the beautiful water fountain in front of them. She had heard it from the beginning of their journey and had already expected it to be large, but it was huge. She didn't understand where this water seemed to be coming from. She noticed the soft grass that laid at the edge of the waterfall. She could smell how rich it was. She looked up at the temple its marble columns and wall gleaming.

She walked into the temple her brow furrowed. She couldn't understand what she was seeing. She had grown up seeing Catnik as a strong and fierce woman, who was fighting the dark god, Koran. She looked over the different statues, the paintings. They all potrayed them as lovers. There was not one painting or sculpture that showed what she had brought up to believe. Each painting showed them looking adoringly into each others' eyes. Every statue showed them caressing each other. "Definitely not. This is different than I have ever seen. Everything I've ever seen of them together they have been fighting."

The deeper they traversed into the inner reaches of the temple the more Edwin began to question what was the purpose of this battle. His captain had mention that controlling theses mountains was key to winning this war, but what if there was more to it then that? This was the question that began plaguing his mind as more time passed in the temple. To many mysteries and ss they reached another corridor, something strange began to happen.
"This doesn't make sense? From what I can sense of these ruins. They are are millions of years old, yet they seem so well preserved. An ancient power seems to be at work here. Not only that. But these statues, even some of the words written at the bottom of them contradict every piece of Lunar Kingdom History I've learned." The Vampire's mind was certainly swimming in hundreds of possibilities. Could all the history he's learned been a lie up until now?

"So you are the sun? I've heard much about you, however I have to say rumors of your beauty are greatly understated."

His eyes turned to the direction of the supposed voice. There was nothing there. Just more statues an portraits. He heard the same voice again from different parts of the temple His eyes darted around, his hand held the handle of his sword tightly as he his eyes as well as his sense of smell searched.
"Did you hear that elf?" He voiced slowly his tone incredibly controlled. "Something else is near." Dashing a little ahead his elven companion, Edwin went to the nearest chamber he heard the voice come from.

When he entered this chamber he was greeted by something even stranger. It was some kind of apparition he saw ahead of him. A translucent being standing in a room overlooking the garden outside of the temple. The vampire sensed something familiar about the specter. Like he had just met someone that was missing from half of his life. Like old family. The specter though looked nothing like he was related to him. While Edwin carried a lean muscular body, sliver hair, and sharp crimson eyes, The specter had black hair blue eyes and an even more muscular build. The specter gazed at Edwin at the moment before turning his head at another direction. It seemed like another ghost would be joining him in this viewing chamber.

Rania wasn't sure of what to think. All she knew is that it seemed as if every story, tradition, and ritual was a lie. That the stories she was told since she was a child were wrong. She didn't want to believe it, but the evidence was right in front of her. " I don't understand. If this is really what happen why would our ancestors start stories that contradicted the truth?" Rania searched for an answer their questions. This was all to strange for her. The Catnik she knew was strong and mighty battling off the creatures of the dark kingdom. Not in love with one of them.

Rania heard the voice in her head to. She looked at the direction of the sound unsure of what was there. The vampire raced off in the direction of the voice. " wait, be careful you don't know what is in there," the vampire crept on ignoring her .

As I have heard many things about you. About how fierce of a warrior you are, but also about you kind and bravery.

Rania heard the soft voice. She peaked in the room seeing the two apparations together. The elf in fron of her was almost a replica of her. The slender and thin body, they both had the wavy brown locks that ran down their back, and the ablaster skin that seemed even whiter compared to their dark hair.

Rania eyed them. Who were these people? Were they really Koran and Catnik. They seemed to eye each other both of them wearing smiles on their face." Is this happening right now? I mean you can see through them, but they seem so solid."

"They... They seem like ghosts, but I don't sense any hatred or regret l from them." The silver haired man responded eying the two supposed gods. Circling around them, observing them with a mix of nervousness and awe. Ghosts normally emitted a an energy of negative emotion. However the emotion he was sensing form the two was nothing but positive. There was curiosity, intrigue not to mention a seedling of something else. Love.

"Your flatter me" The Koran apparition responded. He flashed the smile that Edwin suspected was a smile that had hundreds of other women swooning for him. Edwin for whatever reason knew that this smile alone wouldn't win the said goddess any favor. "But I fear that such words are grand exaggerations." The specters walked away from the chamber vanishing in an instant.

"I hear your handy with a sword.." Edwin found himself saying,as if he was finishing Koran's sentence. "Why don't you show me it, see if your skill matches your beauty." The blood sucker found himself smiling as he was reminiscing about some fond memory. He frowned again though, and looked over at his elf companion. "Did I just say that at aloud?"

There was another interruption as Edwin heard laughter in another chamber. Something in him felt compelled to go to it. He found himself desiring to know more about these specters. Something in his blood was telling him he was remember something long past, and so he stepped into another room, this one seemingly like an private dinner table with both the god ghosts sitting down and laughing.

"Your not serious are you?" The Ghost-Koran was asking the Ghost Catnik across the table. His smile ever so warm and amused. "I Was tossing everything I had at you and you were holding back? Tricky. I'll have to challenge you at night time then. Well you won this time I suppose it's time for you to collect on your bet. What will it be?"

The ghosts vanished again. Edwin stared at the table almost in a trance. "What you gave me was something warm and gentle. Something I'd remembered in theses past twelve thousand years."

Rania watched the two. Koran's smile was charming. She was suprised that Catnik didn't blush or return the smile the way any other maiden would have. Catnik seemed to eye him amusingly. Her eyes glancing over him. Rania was confused about the flirty actions she was seeing it wasn't suppose to be like this.

" Oh they are. I was hoping of having the chance to see if the rumors were true. We can test how exaggarated they are," she smiled for the first time the whole conversation. Her smile was bright her teeth white, and real emotions behind the smile. The specters disapeered in a second it was as if they had never been there at all. Rania looked around for some sign saying where they had ventured off to.

Ahe looked up at the vampire, shocked that despite their discovery he would say something like that. Then she felt something happening to her. It was as if someone was pushing into her body. " I may be pretty, but trust me my blade is fierce," Rania touched her lips unsure of where the sound came from. The thoughts weren't hers. " Yes, you did say that. They're doing something to us Catnik and Koran. They used us as vessels just now."

The peal of laughter scared Rania. She took a second to regain to restart her heart. The vampire walked over there without being hasty. He wasn't very good at being careful. She followed behind him slowly. The scepters that had been with thim in the garden, were now sittinf at the table. Looking into each others eyes with deep emotion.

"I thought you were gonna put up a fight, ferocious warrior," she teased him with the information she had heard from the other. " I did win, mostly because I can wield my sword, at any person. Hm what was my punishment. Oh right. I didn't come up with a suggestion for you losing. Do not fret my dear new friend I will make my punishment half way enjoyable for you.

Then they had vanished again. The vampire kept talking looking at Rania with lust eyes. " Do you want a kiss. Is that what you've been thinking about a little kiss. Catnik had taken over body, moving Rania toward the vampire. There was barely space between them by the time she snapped out of it. " I'm so sorry I didn't mean for that to happen. I think she pushed me close to you.

"They aren't spirits for possesion. They are echoes. Memories of what once was. After all gods and goddess can never truly die." Edwin responded. As he said so a realization just struck him. Reincarnation. He's heard legends about the gods in other nations reincarnating as mortal beings to live among that which they created. These people were known as avatars. The Avatars job was to maintain peace between races created by their native god as well as commune and unite with other avatars and help protect the rest of the world. So far there were two avatars known in existence. The avatars for Koran and Catnik had yet to appear. All these events lead to Edwin to wander whether he and his elven companion were the first avatars of the moon and sun gods. There was still much to investigate. Part of him was afraid yet part of him felt he was destined for this.

Realizing that he was a little to close to comfort with he stepped away from the elf. Going slightly red himself. Despite them being enemies, the thought of kissing set something ablaze in his nerves. He really wouldn't mind the kiss and maybe something more. Regaining his composure, he turned his eyes to the next room. He didn't hear any more voices this time. But something in him told him to finish this little tale the gods were trying to tell.

The next chamber was something different. It was a bedroom. The bed was circular, and it was lined with white sheets and satin pillows. Upon entering this room he was overcome with another feeling a feeling which he expressed into words to his elven companion.

"I Love you..."

He stepped forward, his lips pressing against hers. Funny he didn't know her name.

"Their essences," Rania spoke to herself. This place was definitely magical, she had felt, and seen it out in the garden where evereything was different. The thought though that she was walking where Catnik had once walked seemed strange. "I have never heard about these avatars you speak of," she admitted. Her kingdom had lost contact with other nation. Their whole history was devoted to having one over the dark nation. There has never been peace between the warring countries, as far back as the scrolls could tell him. The dark nation had ties to other nations, maybe that was why he was able to tell her of these avatars. Rania couldn't imagine peace between the two nations. Or how two people would be able to stop a war.

Rania was glad he moved away first. She could have stood there forever. That close to him, taking up all his heat. She wanted to laugh at his blush, but she knew hers was probably just as bad as his. It made it better that she wasn't the only one embarrassed by the moment. She followed him to the next room, just as curious as him to see what happened next. If they almost kissed in the last room, she was nervous to see what would happen next. She walked carefully, eyeing the furnishing of the room. It was grand, the large white bed in the dead center of the room, the soft looking sheets that Rania was so tempted to lay in.

Rania waited for the voices to talk again. For the gods to show up again, and to show what could have possibly happened in this room.

Rania stepped farther into the room only to hear the proclamation from the vampire. She couldn't help meet his lips. Something inside of her made, Rania kiss him. Her hands brought his arms around her holding her in a passionate embrace. She didn't know one thing about him, yet she couldn't help but to feel that they needed each other.

Rania stopped the kiss turning away from the stranger. She shook her head trying to clear her head. She couldn't think. She needed his lips against hers. "What's going on? So they fell in love, and they never fought each other,but what does that have to do with us?" She walked around so unsure of what she was thinking or feeling. The only thing Rania could think about was his lips, and how bad she wanted to kiss him again. "Maybe they brought us together to tell everyone what really happened," in her head she started to answer her own questions.

He gasped slight as the mysterious elf pressed her lips against his. His first instinct should have been to push her away, and draw his blade for pulling off such and audacious action, but he didn't do it. Quite the oppisite in fact. Instead he had hugged her back, his lips responded to the warm kiss. As the kiss deepened to the point where even a bit of his tongue was entering the girls mouth, his senses became even more heightened. He could count the number her heart beasts. Her scent reminded him of forests and flowers. Her breathing was as gentle as the breeze. Finally, he pulled away his expression dazed. He was snapped out of it immeditly by the brown haired girls question.

"I don't think that's why we've come here." Edwin responded his tone serious. " I don't believe that mud slide was and accident. Some cosmic force has drawn us to these very ancient grounds. I have a feeling this was all ordained." Days ago he had laughed at the fact that fate had a hand in all things. The more he saw though, the more he had a feeling that machine known as destiny was at work. He had always believed that a man should choose his own destiny. However, right now; Right at this moment things were going as if there was a grand plan. The silver haired vampire knew he would have to face it.

"The next room, I have a feeling we'll find out where all of this leads all of this connects." Edwin stepped over to what must be the final chamber of this little temple. The room was the most mysterious of all. There were two mirrors several feet away from the entrance.Roof of the room was carved with strange markings and drawings. Drawing of a moon covering the sun. Two statues of the gods could be seen. Though as opposed to the other statues, that depicted them close together. These statues were seen farther apart. There forms seemed longing for each other. ,As he stepped further in he heard more voices. Koran and Catnik. But also a third as well.

"My love this is where we make our last stand." Edwin turned to the direction of the voice. The Koran Specter appeared again, this time embracing the Catnik specter. "I'm sorry things had to turn out this way. But we have to stop them from taking our children. Taking our creations!"
"You have no chance to survive god of the moon and goddess of the Sun. Surrender now, and be a apart of our greatness!"
A third spectar appeared. It's shape non-human. It's eyes were malevolent. It's voice pure venom. Koran turned to the dark one.
"We deny your plan Heretic! Prepare yourself!" Koran drew his blade and charged at the dark figure. The dark figure laughed, it's many eyes glowed before a flash of light came and destroyed Koran.
"My love let us meet again in our next lives!!!"

As the tale finished before him, Edwin turned to the last mirror. All these events all these revelations, led him to the final question. What was his purpose here. The answer would soon be appeared, as he stepped towards one of the mirrors. The mirror he stepped into was the mirror with the symbol of the moon right a top of it. As he gazed at the mirror he saw something. A truth that a part of him has always known.

What he saw in the mirror was a man. Dark hair, and green eyes. he had a face and a smile which could charm many women. He irradiated power of the moon, yet his heart was tempered and kind. At last Edwin finally saw it. The truth of his existance the meaning of his birth. As this realization came to be a voice echoed in the chamber that was neither Catnik, Koran, or even the heretic that killed them.

"Edwin von Saigon. So you have finally seen. You are the avatar of Koran. You are him reborn as a vampire for the Lunar Kingom. And dear Elf Rania. You must know it as well, your are Catnik Goddess of the sun. Awaken now! Avatars of the moon and and sun gods. Awaken now and perform your duties to the races you have created in your past life!"

A lighter glow, Surrounded Edwin. Something awakened in him. Something that slept within him for ages. As it began to awaken the roof with mysterious marking began to do something strange. The opened up, revealing sun light in the sky. Edwin should have ran away from the light which had burned so many vampires. However when the roof fully opened, something suprsing happened.

"The sunlight. It does not effect me?"

There was no other way to describe what was happening with them besides fate. This just showed how they had know control in what happened to them, that everything was preordained. Rania was scared though as to what this predetermined life would bring her. So far it had brought her to this place, and brought this vampire in her life.

She followed the vampire into the last room. They walked into the cold room. It was different than the others, all the emotions that could be felt in the other room was removed. The love had been replaced with a dark and shady feeling. Rania could almost feel the dark overbearing feeling that lingered every where. The carvings in the wall didn't make sense, they were probably words of a forgotten language, or something the gods only knew. She glanced at the statues noting the despair in their faces, and how they were no longer close and caressing each other as the pictures before had.

Neither of them had wanted to part from each other. They had did it to save their people. Rania felt Catnik's sadness in her partners words. A third specter joined the gathering. This one radiated darkness, Koran was the one who stepped up his blade ready to fight to the death, for Catnik and their people. Heretic killed Koran in seconds, with out even lifting a weapon. Leaving Catnik on the floor clutching her love, telling him of how they would be together again soon.

The specters faded into the background, the gloom more prevalent in the air, after the scene that they had just witnessed. The fate of Koran and Catnik had been a bad one. One that had somehow sparked false stories of what happened. That still didn't explain what was happening between the two of them. Rania did the same standing in front of the mirror behind him. While his had the moon carved on it, her had the sun over the top of it.

She saw a woman that looked almost like her in the mirror. Both of them had the brunette hair hair hanging down, almost pale skin that mad their hair seem darker than it was, and the same bright blue eyes. The only notable difference between the two was the woman in the mirror was older. Rania looked juvenile, but the woman in the mirror looked older, motherly almost, but she still radiated beauty. With the smile on her face, Rania couldn't help but to smile back at her.

Rania felt a warmness build up inside of her as the words invaded her mind one last time.She closed her eyes letting the feeling settle inside of her. She heard the cieling of the temple opening up before she opened her eyes. Rania watched him stand in the sunlight, she didn't understand why he didn't move, or have a reaction to the light.

She moved across to him pushing him against the wall, where the only shade was. "I see that you're not burned, but how long do you think that is going to last?" The sun flooded into the room. "I think that maybe that's part of being an avatar, that you're no longer affected by the sun," she eyed his skin checking for burns.

"So we found out why we are here. And we found out what we are suppose to do. Edwin do you think we will end up with their fate? In all the stories the gods never learn, their lives are repeated over and over. We may end up repeating what they started."

So this was what the sun felt like was Edwin's first thought as he embraced its full warmth. He marveled at this miracle. For many vampires it would take a thousand years to overcome such a heft weakness but in the two hundred years since he has been turned he accomplished what many would take near several human life times to obtain. He was day-walker now and his mind began going through the possibilities of what that would mean. As he continued to fully enjoy the warmth of that glowing orb in the sky, Rania pushed him into the closest shade. The vampire frowned slightly, but saw that she may have a point. Still. He reached out his hand to that open bit of sun and grabbed at its warmth. The silver haired man couldn't help but marvel at the gift granted to him.

"I think its alright." Edwin reassured her. "Since I am Koran, and Koran is me. I am be able to walk with you into the day Rania." He finished that last sentenced liking the name it sounded. He almost laughed. Earlier in the evening they were mortal enemies that fought a top a hill. Now, they've discovered that they were lovers in a past life. Former Gods in fact. Creators of not only their native races but the other three races governed by the moon and sun.

When she voiced her fears he shook his head. "There's still a lot we don't know about this war, but together we'll be able to resolve it. Bring peace between both our kingdoms." He flashed her his most genuine smile. And acting on instinct he pushed her towards the unshaded area of the chamber, wrapped his arms around her, and pressed his lips against this earthly elven girl. The vampires tongue connecting with her tongue. He may barely know who her present self is but every fiber of his being felt he could trust her.

However the kiss was soon broken up, at the sound of another voice.
"Ah Captain Edwin. What's this we have here. Fraternizing with the enemy." The silver haired captain's head turned the direction of the voice. A sense of dread filled his nerves.

Standing across from him was a man. Armored like Edwin, but sporting dark long hair, and creepy sky blue eyes. His posture was intimidating as was his voice.
"Granted, I should thank you for giving me and my men a valid reason to kill you. After all you and your lover are the avatars of the two kingdoms. It would not do to have you end this war now.

"General Edgar..." Edwin mouthed silenty. A day walker and a fierce warrior. Thoughts swirled the Vampire captains head at the mention f avatar. What did he know about the avatars of this nation. And why was he going to kill him.

"Knights do kill them." Edgar said in rather bored tone. Before the guards could approach, help came from an unexpected direction.

"Sanctum Guardians! Now!" Smoke began to flood the room, and the guards accompanying Edgar were in a panic. Seeing this as an opportunity, Edwin grabbed Rania's hand trying to find a means to escape the room!
"Over here." Said the voice earlier. Edwin had no choice but to follow that sound in amidst the chaos, confusion and smoke. A hidden passage opened up between the mirrors. The vampire took his elven lover and escaped the confusion.

The smoked cleared in that chamber, and the last words before the hidden passage door closed were that of a furious General Edgar!
"KNIGHT FIND THEM!"

All "We'll figure everything out eventually" Rania felt his arms around her. He was holding her. He was kissing her. Her arms looped their way around his neck pulling Edwin closer to her. She kissed him back letting his tongue slide into her mouth. It felt almost natural for her to be with him like this. She wasn't sure if he had that effect on her, or if it was because of their past life spent together. At the moment all she cared about was his lips on hers.

She pulled away from him hearing footsteps enter the tunnel. She saw a group of men enter the room all of them vampires. Rania's hand rested on her sword. The vampire out front stepped out from the crowd calling out to Edwin. Would this Edgar really kill them? There was no way they could fight all them off.

Rania couldn't understand how he knew what they were and he still wanted to kill them. Shouldn he want to help the avtars since he knwe what they were? Rania eyed them waiting for one of them to step forward.

Rania unsheathed her sword prepared to fight, since there seemed to be no other option for them. Then room was full of smoke. Rania felt Edwin's hand reaching for hers. She grabbed his tightly and fled with him into the open passage. They ran into the dark hall. Rania couldn't see a thing, but she knew that Edwin could. Soon they were approaching a light they were outside the temple next to the garden.

She eyed the waterfall. " What would it take for one of you to loose are scent? Can we jump in thhe water?" It seemed smart. She wasn't sure of how strong a vampire's nose was.

Edwin stared at the water carefully, his mind working furiously. His eyes darted back and forth from the water fall to the temple. A great deal of smoke was coming from the temple. The sounds of battle seemed to be ringing inside as Edger's forces were doing battle with his and Rania's rescuers. Screams of pain and anguish filled the air as Edwin's eyes darted back the waterfall. In one hand, the rescuers seemed to be making kick work of this attackers on the other, he didn't know if these "sanctum guards" were there with noble intentions. The fact that they got Edger off his back, already earned them points in his book.

"As much as I'd like to meet our saviors to thank them It really would be best if we take the risk and jump. Edgar and the rest of the Day Walker brigade have even greater noses and a most godlike talent in tracking. We will have to take every chance to throw them off." Stepping towards the ledge, he took the elf's hand and shot her a look. "Are you ready." He had feeling the question had more meanings then just escaping their current predicament: Are you ready to take this journey together? Are you ready to rediscover what were a twelve thousand years ago? Are you ready to unravel a destiny greater then ourselves?

He jumped with her at that point. He felt the hard rough scratches of the water. He wearing armory though. He was suprised he didn't sink within the water. As he floated around the water he heard that voice again. That voice which announced his elf lover's identity as the Avatars.

"Behind the waterfall you'll find your path to freedom."

Having no choice but to follow that voice, Edwin guided Rania to the water fall, and much to his lack of surprise another mysterious door was found. Ignoring the fact that, he was wet he touched the door. The doors inscriptions began to glow.
"There's our way out. Lets go."

The door opened, and soon Edwin found himself navigating another hidden passage. However this was easier to navigate then the past. For the sounds birds and other woodland creatures acted as a guide. At the end of the tunnel there was light. As soon as the reached out into the forest, door closed behind them. A sigh of relief met the vampire.
"I highly doubt Edgar can track us now. The temple is really only meant to be used and found by us after all. I have a feeling he'll be occupied for a while."

It was more then a feeling. He shared a connection with the ancient twilight temple. As if it was a part of his spirit. He knew by instinct that he would be safe. Now was the time for rest, and then planning thier next move.
"Lets get some rest for the moment. Set up camp here. This is neutral ground as far as I'm concerned. That and both of our armies are still occupied with recovering from the most recent battle. Least from what I see of our losses before that mudslide..."

Night soon fell...
The camp was finally set up. It was nothing fancy. A small fire, and Edwin did manage to rustle up some blanket from an abandoned village nearby. Ordinarily, he'd would just set up a place to stay there, but his heart told him that setting up camp outside might be on the safer side for now. As he placed the last bit of wood of the fire, his mind began to ponder of things: Things like the future, and women right next to him who was his lover in a past life. He may have known her when she was god, but he didn't know anything about her current incarnation. Silence reigned in on the camp as he wandered how break the ice and get to know her.

Rania heard the screaming in the temple. Her eyes widened at the loud screams. That just clarified that they needed to get as far away as they could before the people who saved them were after them. She watched Edwin push the idea around in his head. They didn't have time for him to think about whether they need to jump or not. She pulled on his hand trying to drag him closer to the edge, they need to get out of there as soon as they could.

Of course they would be able to track them. Edwin was a great warrior, and track, after all he found her. She should have know that the older vampires would be able to track them easily. She hovered looking at the way the water was rushing in front of them. She looked at him knowing they had no other choice. "Yes, I'm ready to do this," she looked at him, and then back at the water. She was so unsure of what they would find on the other side.

Rania jumped with him, her body feeling the water crash over it, several times. She came up for water. Her chest heaved from the adrenaline she was recieving, and the feel of the heavy clothes weighing her body down. Rania wasn't the best swimmer, but with the help of Edwin she was able to swim to the surface. She climbed up shivering at the cold air that whipped around her body.

At Edwin's touch the door in front of them glowed, strange inscriptions glowing. She traced her fingers over the one. "Let's go, it's freezing out here," she lets him lead her into through the door through a tunnel. It was dark in there, almost to the point that she couldn't see. She had to hold on to him till, they got to a point where they could see a light. Rania heard soft movement the closer they got to the end. She heard the rustling of wind, and the soft footsteps of animals moving around there.

"I sure hope he can't find us here," she sat on a near by rock. They had travelled far in such a short time period, or at least her body felt as if it had been a long ways.

She wish they were back in the gardens. There were so many things she had wanted to look at, so many things she wanted to study and examine. She wasn't sure how long they had before they would be discovered again, but they might as well make use of the rest time that they had. "We do need to get rest. I assume you have't had a chance to rest for awhile, since our countries have been a war. I can probably gather up something for us to eat. Let's gather supplies and plan for what we are going to go."

Rania searched the woodlands around them and was able to find some wild fruits. Some of them she had seen at home, others she only took when she saw that the animals had eaten them. She gathered a variety, since she did not know which Edwin would be able to eat. She sat next to the fire her body now dry. She had taken off her armor and set it aside, so she could lay on her blanket more comfortably. She reached for the tray of food she had gathered, hoping to use it as a way of sparking a conversation between them. "I gathered some things for us to eat. I was unsure of what you could eat so I gathered a few different things. If you need to feed, you can feed off me before we go to sleep," she offered to him. She knew eventually he would have to feed, and with no other sources around he would have to feed from her.

Rania wrapped her blanket around herself. She didn't want to be awkward, but she know what to say to him. A thought crossed her mind. even if they were to be together, she wondered if there was someone else. She had not yet been with someone else, but she wondered if he had. She was to scared to ask, so she decided to keep the conversation light. "Isn't it crazy how fate works? How it brought us together. I mean it brought us together by us fighting each other. And before either one of us were hurt we fell down to the temple," she mused about how they came to meet.

Edwin stared over at the armor he placed right next to Rania's as he wrapped himself around the blanket chuckling slightly to himself as Rania went on about fate. "Funny, if you told me that I was the reincarnation of the god of the moon and the founder and creator of our kingdom I would have said you were insane. Since I got drafted and conscripted to the army, all I had to focus on was to survive the day and help with raids. Managed to even get promoted to Captain despite my draft status. Good thing I did because some of the grunts in later operations were killed off by scores by some hot shot wizard from the sun kingdom. Probably would have joined them in eternal hell fire had I not been promoted. Well not like I had much going for me even before I got drafted. I was illegally sired by an elder vampire and when an inquisitor found out about my turning, My Sire was killed and I was left on the streets. Didn't really have anybody after that happened. Illegally sired vampires are basically the bottom rung of our society. Most forced to do cheap labor for a tiny pint of blood." He paused. The vampires eyes thoughtful "Suppose getting drafted in the army was better then being a third class citizen. I did have a chance to move up after all."

He yawned slightly and then feelings a greater weakness swept over him. He was sweating slightly and he was feeling unusually fatigued. He did not know why for a moment. Then, realization struck him. He had not fed since they set up camp. He was initially hoping to avoid feeding on Rania, perhaps hunt down animals to feed them, but a vampires magical power would not be fully restored by animals. He had used magic earlier to set up protective charms around their little camp but he had expended a lot of energy doing so. His knowledge of spell craft was weak due to the fact that he had focused on training in close range and arms rather then how to effienctl use energy to fuel spells. The end result: He was weaker the before.

As Rania finished the last of her meal, Edwin turned to her a little hesitant to ask her. She did say he could feed off of her, but it seemed rather rude. Of course Vampires in the kingdom were allowed to feed off of humans or other creatures with express permission and under certain circumstances, but Edwin felt a little bit odd asking this of the elf. He had no choice though.
"If you don't mind Rania, I'd like to feed off you now. I'll take little don't worry. I don't need much." He added quickly.

Extending his fangs, his arm reached gently to his elf companion. Oddly enough, he was caressing her like a lover. His sire was his last lover who's life ended all but soon. With Rania though, it felt like he's been waiting a long time. Pulling her in a soft embrace, his fangs slipped own on to her soft and supple flesh. Her blood began flowing into him. He was drinking now.

With other beings blood was just another form of sustenance for the young vampire. With this elf though. Drinking her blood awakened something him. Lust. He wanted to do more then drink her. Edwin wanted to throw her on the ground and impale himself into her elven womanhood. After he finished taking his fill, He pulled away from her trying to keep his expression neutral.
"Th- Thank you Rania, I think that's enough. Time to rest now I suppose." He then walked over to a spot and placed a certain amount of space between him and her, and made sure to cover himself in blankets. His eyes closed. Edwin did everything he could to force that state of slow rhythmic breathing finally fall asleep.

However, as an hour passed. He just couldn't force it. He wanted Rania now, and slowly but surely. He found himself edging over closer to the elven girl. His hands graced over her brown hair, and instead of a bite, a simple set of kisses were planted on her neck. He knew he was being too forward, but he was losing control. He wanted her there and then. He wanted to be naked with her. He wanted to hear her moans and gasps. Feel her pleasures and passions. He could only hope she would share the same kind of want.

Rania was suprised by his life before meeting her. She admitted to herself that she would have never thought she would have ended up here. And having been through all she had today. She watched him carefully and thought about how different her life had been before today. " I'm the youngest out of my siblings. My family isn't really rich or poor. My parents were arranging for me to marry an elf would provide me a safe and secure future. He's not the brightest, or nicest guy, but I would have had a stable home and my children would have been born into status. I didn't want that so I left. I joined in the royal army, hoping to get away from him. Then I end up fight you on a mountain," she smiled thinking aboutall the adventures they had been through that day.

She smiled to herself. She knew that he would have to feed on her eventually, and she was xurious as to what it would feel likto have his teeth scraping against her neck. She closed her eyes in anticipation. She felt his sharp teeth runnin across her skin. She shivered at the ticklish feeling of them drawing across her body.

A short cry left her lips as the teeth pierced into her. Soon she didn't feel it at all. She drew her body closer to his so she could lean on him.

Edwin feeded on her for a few minutes, and then he was done. Her eyes were closed, her energy drained. She felt his warmth scoot away from her. Rania laid down in her blanket, falling to sleep easily in her tired state.

Rania's dreams were filled of what could be. When he had fed on her it was as if she knew what he was feeling. She had felt the lust in his bite. She knew of the things he had wanted to do to her, she could of confronted him about, but she kept it to herself. She wished she would have as the different images of them together.

She hadn't expected for him to touch her the way he was. She pretended to still be sleep at first. It worked untik she felt his lips against her neck. A soft moan slipping through her lips.

Rania turned in his arms meeting his eyes in the light of the fire. She would have never thought he would act so quickly to thoughts he had earlier. Now that she knew he felt the same as her nothing was holding her back. She leaned into his arms. Kissing him just ass passionately as she had in the temple. She moaned aginst his lips bringing her body closer to him. She moved the blanket out the way. The only thing between them now, was their clothes

Rania met his eyes before running her hand up his tunic. Her fingers slowly making their way his chiseld body. She lifted it off of him, her eyes gazing hungrily over his body.

The same kind of hunger and desire grew within the vampirc lover as Rania's kiss deepened. Well she seen part of my body, I think it's time to see part of her naked. Edwin thought. Giving her a rather lecherous smirk, his hands reached out to the girls own tunic, and mirroring the elf he pulled the tunic over her head revealing a nice set of tits. Gently, the silver haired man pushed Rania on to her back, and with one hand caressed and pinched on her left nipple playfully. With his other hand he groped the brunette's breast, moving his lips forward and slicking his tongue over her nipple wetting it. He blow gently into that nipple and watched if the elf easily shivered from his ministrations.

Seeing her half naked like that though, he wanted to do more then a simple massage of her breasts. Moving his hands from her breasts he finally undid the girls belt and pants revealing her wonderful little slit. He eyed her playfully before he reached his hands out to her pussy lips sticking a finger half way in. It felt tight and little wet. He wandered if it was her first time. He knew she was all but willing to fuck passionately on this night of nights but he the more teasing part of him wanted to play with her.

"Are you nervous." He asked his tone amused.

Rania felt his smirk against her lips, she had to know what he was thinking. She soon found out, as his hands gripped her shirt and whisked it away. She felt the cold brush over her breast. She shivered at the air, then his warm mouth was there touching her, warming her body. She wiggled and moaned, her body giving in to the pleasures he was giving her. She felt his hands tug at her bottoms, and she eagerly helped him get her out of her clothes. His fingers were there probing her little entrance. She felt herself getting wetter at the intruding finger. Her moans were now whimpers, she needed more of him.

Rania thought it was unfair for him to explore her body, and for him to be just about fully clothed. Her fingers reached out to strip him of his clothes. She loosened his pants enough that she could stick her hand down them to feel him. She smiled a little suprised by his size, and he wasn't even hard yet. She rubbed him to the point she could feel him start to get big. When there wasn't enough room for her hand and his length, she stripped him. She watched him under the little light they had. She leaned in kissing him, both of them exposed for each other.

Ah small groan reached his lips as Rania grabbed his length with her delicate hands. He enjoyed the feel of her strokes on his rock hard cock. Wanting to reward her for her little act, he slipped off the pants that was still on ankles. In the next moment, he returned her kiss his tongue dancing with the elven girls. Thing were heating up, but he wanted to prolong this as much as possible. So he kissed her all the from her neck making his trail down to her bare breasts, and finally reaching down the hole that is her pussy lips. With one flick of his tongue, he tasted a bit of her wet sweet nectar. Taking one finger, he slipped it in that wonderful hole of hers feeling its inner walls clasping around his finger. His breaths became intense as he fingered, and lapped on the girls juices.

He was going to turn up the pace now. So how loud her moans could get.

Rania kissed him roughly wan hand stroking him up, and the other one keeping his body close to hers. The feel of their smooth skin rubbing so closely together. Her heart thumped in her chest as his lips traveled down her neck, between her breast, and then down over her flat stomach. She lost her breath at the first feel of his warm breath on her small hole. "Soft groans left her mouth as he repeatedly teased her. When he finally penetrated her she groaned filling him fill up her tight hole. Rania felt her body move against his finger, she whimpered letting her body give into the sweet feeling he was giving her. She placed her feet flat on the ground with her legs spread wide for him. Her toes clinched the blankets. "More. Please. Give me more, " she pleaded with him.

And more he gave her; Edwin's togune was diving in and out alternating turns with his fingers which were curling and swirling into her pussy. His eyes locked onto hers as he get going faster faster upping the pace. At this point he was lost in lust, the more kept going the harder his cock had gotten. He was a musician building up to a crescendo. An Artist working towards his master peace. Rania's pleasure was canvas. He had four fingers slipped into her pussy before she begged for more.

Sweat traveled across his brow as he was now ready to take the beautiful elf girl before him. Brandishing his hardened member as if he it was a particularly precious blade. He stroked it once before entering her entrance in a teasing. Gazing lustfully a Rania he whispered one thing:

"I'm going in..."

Back
Top Bottom