Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden (EyesoffirexOfelia)

Gideon turned, facing the flowers popping around their hands. He looked up at Delilah and then down again. He didn't let her hand go, instead he ensured that their hands were firmly linked. He even rubbed her hand with his thumb. "Why is that happening?" He asked, his eyes darting to wherever more flowers emerged. Gideon had always had a reserved view of exploration he didn't jump right into things, instead he took a more cautious approach to discovery. Now, though, things were happening all around him, it was interesting, exhilarating, exciting, suspenseful and new. He couldn't stop wanting to be part of all of this.

"How long have you been...on your own?" Gideon asked tentatively, not wanting to break the excitement and magic of the situation. "Have you ever touched a human like this before?" He inquired slowly, "Or is this all as new to you as it is to me?"

Delilah watched the lovely colors swirl around them and wondered why the magic in her was being brought out so much around this guy.

"I have been on my own for about ten years. Left alone at ten in these forests, I have forgotten how it is like to completely interact with humans. My only friends have been the animals and they know my touch." The girl explained, looking at the creatures eyes and running a hand over the soft feathers of the bird perched on her shoulder. She thought that she was finally at ease until she heard it. Along with the animals who equally turned their heads to the spot of voices, Delilah moved her hand from Gideons and quickly stood, noticing there were flashes of fire through the thick trunks.

"Gideon? Sir?! Where are you?!" Shouted a mans voice, the torch getting closer. The girl panicked and looked at Gideon, her heart racing as she thought it was more people with intent for harm to her animals or her. Those calm olive eyes flashed to a dark brown, the girl feeling something.. Was it betrayal? Hurt? Either way she had to get her animals out of there. Telling them to leave, she fled with the land animals, running alongside the cats and others towards the thicker part of the forest that hid them.

Gideon, being human and not attuned to the natural sounds of the forest, didn't hear the man's voice until after Delilah and the animals had noticed it. He turned his head in the direction she was looking and squinted in the darkness. Then he saw the light. He rose with Delilah and was about to say something but was cut off by her sudden departure. He'd noticed the change in her eyes, something didn't seem right with her. Gideon stood there a moment, looking at the space between the trees that she'd run through. Then he turned and stood still, waiting for the man who was calling his name. The man who'd disturbed one of the most peaceful moments of his life.

"What are you doing here?" He called when the man came into view. He turned back to see if Delilah had come back. He didn't see a sign of her, she was in her home, he should have known she could just disappear into the forest at will. "Leave me be." Gideon said, turning to the man again. "I don't need any help. I'd prefer to do this alone."

Delilah reached the tree, a very large and ancient tree that had a hollow inside where she would sleep. Throwing herself on the soft "bed" made out of an assortment of things, she furrowed her eyebrows and felt anger in her veins. Was he there to befriend her and then bring more to try and take over her home? The thought sent guilt throughout her body as she realized that she let him blind her for a second. 'He is no threat, child. Look past your fears. That ancient voice whispered, a wind touching her cheek as if a mother did.

Meanwhile the middle aged, pudgy man that found Gideon told him that his mother sent the man to keep an eye on the kid. He didn't want to disappoint her and he was afraid of doing so as well. Though if Gideon chose to, Delilahs Mother would open paths that led him to her home knowing that the Gideon meant no harm. In fact, She knew that he was good for her daughter even if Delilah couldn't see it.

Gideon was too busy trying to figure out which way Delilah would have ran after she'd heard the noise. He wanted to see her again, talk with her for some time and learn more about life. Of course that was easier said than done, especially with this man now here. "How did you find me?" Gideon asked, but paid no attention to the answer even if there was one. All he was concerned about was finding Delilah. Eventually he tired of the man's presence and just walked right off into the bushes, moving fast so as not to allow the man to follow him easily. He wanted to be away from him, the man reminded him to much of Cannes and, for some reason, Gideon did not want that. He spun around in a clearing, his eyes trying desperately to find where the girl had gone. He looked on the ground for tracks...nothing.

Gideon leaned against a tree and stared at the grass near his feet. He wished something could lead the way, some sign or animal...something. He wanted to see that girl again.

The pudgy man tried telling how it wasn't so easy but before he finished the kid took off. Groaning, he tried his best to follow but ended up losing him to the massive tree trunks and bushes. 'I'm really going to get it for this one.' He thought bitterly as he returned to the path that led him to the clearing.

Where Gideon stood, out walked the giant Black Panther, its eyes focusing on the other man for a moment. As if saying follow, it turned around and began a steady jog in the general direction of where Delilah resided. The creature would glance back occasionally to make sure Gideon didn't lost himself and halted before the massive tree where he would then rest near it, laying on all fours and leaning its body against the tree. Inside though, Delilah laid on her back with her eyes shut and her chest steadily rising and falling. The anger rushing through her veins would eventually tire her out and lately she hadn't been getting sleep due to the more frequent intrusions of her forest.

Gideon followed the familiar beast through the forest, he watched in nimbly move over trees and rocks that he had to exert himself to cross or avoid. When he got to the tree he was unsure at first what the panther wanted. However he knew that following it was the right thing to do. He looked around first, eyes the woods, no sign of the man, good. Then he looked up, perhaps Delilah had a home within the thick branches that created the roof of the forest. Nothing, he only saw a few birds. Gideon took a step towards the panther, a confused look in his eyes. Then he noticed that the tree it was leaning against was hollowed out. He'd never imagined Delilah living within a tree and so never thought to look there. He crept closer to the trunk and peered inside where he found the girl rest.

Gideon sighed deeply and looked at the panther. He didn't know whether to wake her or not. For a moment he hesitated, almost turning to walk away, but he caught himself quickly and turned back. Peering into the tree again he called her name softly "Delilah..." Gideon waited for a response, then spoke again, "He's gone, Delilah..." Gideon was so unsure if it was wise to wake her, perhaps she would be angry at him for doing so, but he couldn't stay here and not have her near him, so he had to call her.

Her dreams were like of always, consisting of her and her Mother together at a cliff overlooking the sea. Her Mother was dressed in old robes with her face hidden away but her voice as comforting as it always had been. Her Mother would inform her how she had been alone too long and that it was time to experience new things. Delilah was scared especially since she devoted her life to protecting others, how could she just change that? Her Mother laughed, hugging the other girl and filling her senses with everything from fresh earth to grass to oceans and then she awake, blinking up at the inside of her tree. The sound of someones voices turned her head towards Gideon once more, yet she wasn't as angry anymore. The girl sat up and crawled outside, standing up and looking at the other man before she hugged him as her Mother did her.

"I'm sorry." She said, referring to the anger she had with him. The hug once again sent chills over her entire body and the energy that buzzed between the two seemed like sparks. She moved backwards and looked at Gideon once more, her eyes returning to that lovely gray shade and went to sit with the Panther, stretching her legs in front of her as she wondered about the new little shocks that her body had every time they made contact.

"For what?" Gideon was surprised that she'd hugged him, yet his arms wrapped themselves around her body all the same. He held her close and could feel how the energy rose between them, just as he'd felt the tingling in his hand before, so did he feel the buzz in his chest right now...or was that his heart? he hadn't known that Delilah had gotten angry with him, she ran off so quickly that he didn't have time to wonder why, he quickly suspected it was the intruder, though he'd never thought that she'd think the other man was with Gideon.

He watched her as she moved to the panther and he too walked towards the big cat, sitting in front of it, his hand immediately moved and scratched it under its chin. Her was getting so used to the creature so quickly. After a quick smile to the panther's reaction he turned to Delilah. "What were you sorry about? You did nothing wrong. The man was sent to find me, I told him I didn't want to be found." He smiled at her, "Not after I found you."

"Well because I was quick to anger. But I am my Mothers Daughter and she does have her mood swings." Delilah said, giggling as there was a rumble from the ground beneath her, as if it were responding to her statement. Running her hand on the soft fur of the Panther, she lightly blushed at Gideons comment. The girl couldn't have that much of an effect on him, right? Not after there were so many more amazing thing than her running about. She felt a rumble in her stomach and reached her arm up, where a branch met her hand and at the end two large apples blossomed. Dropping the fruit in her lap, the branch retracted and Delilah offered one to Gideon, biting into the other green apple with a smile. She loved the sourness the fruit harbored, one of her favorite things to eat. The girl let her eyes linger once more on Gideon as she studied him, her eyes roaming over his form. This would have probably have normally been considered sexual but there was nothing but innocence as she looked upon him, eyes curiously taking in the difference between him and herself.

Gideon took the apple graciously and bit into it. He made a face, the sourness was not something he was used to, laughing he bit into it again, gradually getting used to the taste. In Cannes, as a noble, he was offered the ripest of fruits. Because his father was so well respected Gideon was given many things. However, out here in the wilderness he was deprived of much too, yet it didn't seem to phase him. By all accounts he should have been a spoiled child who complained a lot and yet here he was, eating wild apples, patting a strange beast beside a girl he didn't know.

A girl he was staring at him, Gideon noticed as turned his head to look at her. He gave Delilah a sly look. "See something you like?" Unlike her he'd had a lot of contact by the opposite sex. He was in his 20s and his family had, on more than one occasion, attempted to set something up between he and another woman. Nothing ever came of it and Gideon still remained a virgin, though not oblivious to sexual knowledge.

She laughed at the face he made and continued to bite into her fruit, taking the seeds and dropping them into the floor so that other creatures could carry them away for their own use. Looking at the other guy, she raised her own eyebrow when it came to that question. The fact that she remained alone for so long without much knowledge of the social world, Delilah was a bit clueless when it came to exactly corresponding to anything sexually relate even if it was joking. She just sort leaned her head to the side as she did when she was confused and grinned slightly, shrugging her shoulders as she finished off the fruit.

Gideon frowned. He didn't understand. Then again, he didn't understand many of the things that went on around here. Despite the clear evidence that Delilah didn't know what he was talking about Gideon's eyes locked with her own when she tilted her head to the side, grinned and shrugged. Did she have any idea how attractive she looked? He could help but stare, then he caught himself doing that and immediately looked away. He still felt embarrassed, despite being alone with the girl. Gideon resumed petting the panther, tickling it behind the ear. He'd lived with several dogs as he grew up and developed a fondness for animals. His thoughts roamed back to his horse, he had no idea where it was. However if the animals were like this in the forest, and Delilah saw to them then he was confident it was alright.

"Why don't you go back into the...tree and um, sleep. I'm sorry I woke you, I just wanted you to know that I didn't bring that man here." He looked back at the floor.
"Is it so strange that I'd rather stay here than head back home?" He suddenly asked, not caring that Delilah was someone he'd just met.

The girl noticed that he seemed to be confused by her just as much as she was by him. Delilah wondered how it would be like to abandon her forest home and nature habitats, entering a village with customs and rules. Would they accept her or would she be cast out for not being anything like them? That idea alone has scared her enough to stay remaining in the woods. Well, that and the fact that she couldn't bring herself to leave everything she had known to be left by itself.

"I'm not tired anymore," she said, running a hand through the soft fur before looking at the other man, "-and it isn't strange at all. There is a rare peace and beauty that many take for granted out here and once you find it.. It's hard to leave." She explained, looking at the scenery around her. Delilah noticed the sun that pushed its way through the clouds sending rays through the forest tops, heating up the space they sat at. She ran a hand through her thick hair and it immediately braided itself, leaving a long braid intertwined with flowers flowing down her back. The girl wondered if Gideon would leave here determined to come back or would satisfy his curiosity and return to his normal life, doing what he always did before her.

"Delilah I-" He didn't know what to say. He wanted to tell her something, but what? Why did he want to speak to her so badly? He sat up, more alert than usual, his hand rested on the neck of the panther, but it didn't move. He took several breaths trying hard to comprehend what it was he wanted to tell her. But, as with every bit of magic, the braiding of her hair caught his attention. He watched it closely, eyes following the movements of her hair as it moved in the peaceful forest.

Then he tilted his head to the side a little and his eyes moved back to the girl's face. "You haven't really had contact with a...man...have you?" He inquired slowly, slightly afraid of the answer. If she hadn't was he supposed to fill her expectations of what a man was? He didn't know if he was up to the task, but for some reason, he secretly hoped he was her first.

Delilah rubbed the Panthers side but wondered why the animals eyes were kept on Gideon. He was watching the other man, observing as if the Panther could tell Gideon felt the urge to say something. Delilahs eyes followed his gaze and rested on the other man seeing that he indeed had a look of unrest, as if searching for the right words to say.

"I haven't had contact with anyone.. But I don't think I'm what a man would want." Delilah said, smiling softly as she stretched her legs again, leaning back on her hands. The girl only observed relationships from the animals around her and the females had always been so obedient. Always listening to their partners and doing what was best for them. Delilah was nice but she was a free spirit also, listening to nothing but her nature and going where she wanted. Plus, she didn't know what was the norms for being deemed attractive or ugly. She figured that she was okay but nothing more.

"So...you haven't had contact with anyone and yet you know what a man would want?" Gideon asked her slily, then he chuckled. His eyes moved up her body as she leaned back onto her hands. "You're...certainly something a man would want. Not saying I'd want you..." Gideon attempted to cover up for himself. "I'm just saying that men would certainly be interested in you." She certainly had a natural beauty about her. Though she wasn't covered in makeup like most of the women in the cities, there were no imperfections upon her skin that he could see and so, naturally, Gideon deemed her to be physically perfect, he'd never admit that to her though.

"What do you do when the animals want to be alone? You know what I mean." He grinned Perhaps he was pushing the limits of their new friendship but Gideon didn't mind, he was too interested in her to care about much else.

Delilah shrugged her shoulders, not sure if she could exactly explain her method of thinking. How could you really tell someone that she related relationships based off the animals and assumed the roles played out with humans as well. How far apart could their mannerisms be? The girl raised an eyebrow at his question, confusion spreading across her face as she thought the question out. When the animals wanted to be alone? Her mind raced to think of what he meant and than it dawned on her. Oh..... Alone. Her cheeks warmed up once more as she understood what he was implying.

"Oh.. Um.. The animals have their part in the forest they call home. Away from me and from others when they want, erm.. Private time." Delilah said, her eyes casting downwards as she cursed the blush across her face. But why did he want to know that? It was odd.. Or maybe it was normal to them? It was all confusing.

Gideon laughed. He could clearly see that Delilah was either uncomfortable or confused about the topic. "You don't have to be...shy or reserved around me." He said slowly, lowering his head down until he made eye contact with Delilah's downcast gaze. "I'm not going to think you're naive or anything like that." A small chuckle escaped his mouth. "It's not like you haven't seen it happen with the animals, right? And I have a hard time believing you didn't think humans did it too."

Gideon looked around, his eyes rested on the tree trunk she had been sleeping in. "And what about you?" He asked, his head turning back to her, once again looking for eye contact. "Do you have a place to go when you want some private time?"

Delilah wasn't try to be civilized or reserved, but it was hard to answer questions she didn't really have the answers to. When one spent their times submerged in magic with nothing humanly to distract them, those sort of topics come and go. The girl shrugged his shoulders to his statement, not really knowing to explain what she meant without getting confused herself. Although when he asked about her private time, the girl raised an eyebrow. Delilah had these kind of feelings especially as she got older but never really acted upon them, since she didn't know much on the topic and she felt too embarrassed to discuss the matter with anyone else. So she just shook her head and got up, feeling like the girl was out of her element. Delilah felt the other boy thinks she is weird or a freak for not understanding what he was saying, or not knowing enough and is most likely frustrated with her. She turned abruptly and walked towards the river again, the branches and bushes clearing the path to easily let her slide. The girl didn't exactly remember how to properly dismiss the conversation so she did what she knew best; flee.

Gideon furrowed his brow as he watched Delilah get up and leave. Initially he thought it was him, perhaps he had gone too far with the topic, they'd only just met. He watched the foliage part for her as she walked to the river. Sitting there a moment he figured that the right thing to do would be to follow the girl and say something to get rid of how awkward all of this was. He got up and tried to catch up to her. There was a slight spring in his step, regardless of how he felt, as if their relationship might have taken a turn of the worse...or awkward, Gideon was open to make amends, he didn't want to upset the girl, especially one like this.

"I've never met someone like you before." He said as he caught up to her. "Someone so reserved, intelligent-looking, caring and beautiful." He stopped by her side when they reached the river. He looked down into the water. "I'd hate to just...have you get up and go...like this again. I think even if you looking at your own reflection you'd know your more than average looking as you said earlier." He stared into the water too and was quiet a moment. "What I'm trying to say is that...well...I'm sorry I put you in an uncomfortable situation." He looked at Delilah, unsure if there was anything more he could add to that. He figured that there really wasn't.

She reached her destination, looking at the river and the fish that swam inside it. So uncomplicated, like most animals they had a system and stuck to it daily without regards towards awkwardness or anything of the such. It was so odd what he was saying, why was he so interested in who she was without some sort of darker intention? Despite being the guardian of the Earth many of the growing cities and their peoples intents have gotten her wary of true purposes. She turned her head to the side slightly when she heard him coming, listening as he spoke his apology. Turning her eyes to the waters, she met the reflection of the same girl grown up past the years. Those same cloudy gray eyes flashes and rolled, meaning only one thing and as if on cue the ever changing weather kicked in with darkening and a crack of thunder. Her Mother was nervous, it was another possible forest clearing getting rid of more precious land. A flash of lightening and thunder sounded before cool rain began its decent once more, along with wind that picked up her locks and carried them on its journey. Delilah turned to look at Gideon, scanning his face as if trying to detect deceptions.

"You will meet her someday Gideon. Someone who will cherish you and give you everything you have ever dreamed of. A simple woman with a kind heart." She spoke, turning her face to the open skies which poured its rain onto the Earth. Delilah believed that Gideon would and should find a girl she spoke of, because of the short time they had together Delilah knew he was sincere and sweet but nothing could ever come of them. She had her duties here and she was sure he had another life in his village, where no one would truly accept her or her values.

"What if I don't." Gideon said as the thunder sounded once again. "What if it turns out that I've already met that woman?" He stood there, raining pouring down on him, wetting his hair and his clothes. He didn't care. Luckily they'd be spared the coldness of winter rains, these were warm and, although this had never happened in the past, Gideon had found all things of nature to be comforting once he'd met Delilah. Water dripped down from his hair, he looked at the girl as more drops moved through the creases in his clothes. "And if I were to make a suddenly drastic change in where I go then I might never see her again." He blinked, some part of him hoped she'd understand what he was saying. It wasn't that he'd instantly fallen for her, but that he enjoyed himself a lot more at her side than when he was with any other woman. The droplets pelted the river, little crates could be seen in its surface for a moment before they quickly disappeared.

Gideon held out a hand to Delilah. "Maybe we should get out of the rain...and dry up."

She began to feel feel that strange turning in her stomach when he mentioned that. He barely met her, these type of things didn't happen right? Stretching her hand out, Delilah caught some of the stray drops that fell from the sky and avoided eye contact for a while. The rain ran through her hair and her dress, causing the material to stick to her skin. She said nothing more and took his hand, leading him to a thicker part of the forest that didn't allow much rain to fall through. Well that plus her stopping it over them kept them dry but put them in a darker part of her home. Delilah swung her hair over one shoulder and began to wring out the water, looking over Gideon slightly. What would become of them if anything were to happen?.. It left her with both an uneasy and anticipated feeling, a strange mix of emotions.

Gideon hadn't expected her to lead him somewhere else, somewhere new. He stood and watcher her dry her hair, his clothes felt cold, despite the warmth of the weather. He took off his shirt and wrung it out as well, watching the water drops fall to the floor and get soaked up by the soil. His body wasn't overly muscular but it was toned, an athletic build that came from the years of training to be a duelist, horse-back rider and an ordinary boy who liked to rough-house with his friends.

He didn't have any scares, as a result of Gideon not being in any real duels, but that didn't mean his body hadn't experienced its fair share of cuts ans scrapes. He had been an energetic, inquisitive boy.
"What is this place?" He asked quietly, looking around, the darkness made things fell a lot closer, more intimate as if it urged him to speak in hushed voices.

Back
Top Bottom