Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - Interest/Coordination

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary

Credits:

JKRowling for the universe, of course, and both Kendra & Aiden over at Elliquiy for the basic premise of the idea (also, got permission from both to bring the basic premise here).

Synopsis:

It's been 75 years since the end of the Great Wizarding War. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the renowned school attended by Harry Potter himself, is indeed still open and running. However, a sister school has also opened in another part of northern England. This sister school is for those who wish to continue their studies after attending Hogwarts so that they can take classes and earn degrees specializing in any of the magical professions that litter the magical world. This sister school opened about 10 years after the end of the Great Wizarding War as a safety precaution for future witches and wizards since there were rumors that the world still wasn't safe from the now bitter ancestors of those who'd followed He Who Must Not Be Named. Worried that there could indeed be another uprising, a secondary school was established and the original Hogwarts fortified even stronger. Over the years, other secondary schools also began to form, but none quite like Hogwarts Secondary, making it the best (and the one most sought out to attend) secondary school for witches and wizards in all the world.

Setting:

Hogwarts' Secondary, the sister school to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, is the main setting for this group RP. Like its sister school, Hogwarts Secondary also follows a 7 year system, however the final 2 years typically involve field work, which includes introductory payment within the field of choice. A major must be declared by the end of year 5.

1st year - age 18
2nd year - age 19
3rd year - age 20
4th year - age 21
5th year - age 22
6th year - age 23
7th year - age 24

Possible Majors - Magical Law Enforcement (police), Aurors (specialized law enforcement), Mediwitch/Mediwizard (nurse), Healer (doctor), Journalist, Herbologist, Curse Breakers, Arithmancers (mathematician), Magizoologist (zoologist… can specialize with specific animal), Spell Inventors, Potioneer (chemist), Professor, Charmer, Tradesmen (wandmaker, broommaker, etc), other (leaves room for members to create something)

Houses:

Like its sister school, Hogwarts Secondary has the standard houses (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin) that require sorting. Though extremely rare, it is not expected for a student to necessarily remain in the same house in which they'd resided in the original Hogwarts if that's where they'd attended previously. Transfers students or students who'd been unable to attend the original Hogwarts for some reason will be sorted accordingly and are expected to be welcomed by those of their assigned house.

~++~

That out of the way, if there is any serious interest, let me say that I fully intend for this RP to be a bit more complex than most group RPs. There WILL be set rules specific to it that I will establish and they WILL be followed. PERIOD. My game, my rules, but I assure you they will be easy and make sense and help make the experience a good one. Again, provided there is interest.

Also, I will need a few people to help me GM/moderate (I use the term moderate loosely here) this group RP given I have admin duties, but I will speak to those whom I CHOOSE to help out assuming there is indeed interest. So……… anyone? Anyone? If there's interest, I'll be happy to go into more detail and start fleshing things out. I just don't want to put in the work if it's going to be a bust because no one wants to participate. I will say this much though….. we'll need students for each house (they can be students who went to the original Hogwarts, transfers, whatever), some basic faculty, etc. And we'll eventually probably need some NPC sorts. But that'll depend on how involved things get. But, I'm not going to make up character sheets until I see what the interests are. So again…… anyone?

RE: Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary RP (potential big group)

Im interested, but my character would be one that just found out about magic and is just too old to go to Hogwarts: SWW.

This really is a good idea, and has a lot of potential.... and I like it very much. But now to decided... Gryffindor or Slytherin... or both.... lol

This could be most interesting, I would make a character or two for it.

So there's a little interest, this makes me smile....... I will create a fairly detailed character sheet to be filled out (different ones for students vs teachers annnnnd I expect students to be a bit more prominent, just an FYI), but to those interested so far and to those who might be but still have yet to say anything... what sort of characters are you interested in playing?

I'll be playing a female Ravenclaw student for sure. Probably a 4th year. I'm thinking she probably attended the original Hogwarts as a Ravenclaw, but was that sort that was so quiet and the like, she didn't get noticed very much back then.

I was going for a Hufflepuff that has a mean exterior so it surprised people when she was placed is that house.

I might be interested...I'm still debating, but I think I'm leaning toward yes.

Ok...... so, so far we have a possible 5 people interested at this point. Not sure about others I've PM'd 'cold' (and don't forget to spread the word if you think there are others that might be interested). But anyhow, do people think if I show off what the character sheets look like that people are more likely to be interested in joining? I'm not as familiar with group games, so this is new territory of sorts for me...... if so, I'll just set those up for people to see and then submit to me until I get people to help me GM/mod and then they can assist me with that and other stuff as they arise. Thoughts there?

I should add....... anyone interested that might not be able to participate now, but want to later (again, this is assuming this thing takes off at all), we'll figure a way of working you in. It can be done easily enough by making you a transfer student for a number of various reasons. :)

Well, not sure if the lack of answers is because people are busy or what. So, I just went ahead and made the character sheets for both students and professors in hopes that it'll help spur the interest a little more. I'll post the templates in profiles in a moment, however, I stress this.... DO NOT POST YOUR PROFILES JUST YET! Please PM your profiles to me first for approval. Also, if anyone is interested in helping me GM, let me know that as well when you PM me your profile and I'll let you know about that as well. Thanks. :)

Profile Thread -- http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=31513

I'm totally interested but I've never done a group Rp. My character is a definite slytherin. :)

That's all right. I've never GM'd anything before. So there's a first for everything. I will say there will be set rules for things. Nothing insane. I promise. Just enough to make sure that everyone is happy and that the game flows decently. We'll tweak as needed based on interest.

Also, I have a co-GM now. So that spot is filled. If I need more help in the future, I'll let people know. For now, the GMs will be myself and Ruphhausin. So all character applications have to go through us before they get posted in the profile thread. Once you get the 'ok', be sure to put it up over there. Mine is already up if you want to have a look. And I think Ruphhausin's will be up at some point either today or tomorrow or something. :)

Also, if you know of any other RPers on site who might be interested in joining this group RP, by all means, send them on over. The more the merrier!

[split] Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary

is this taking place during any particular time in the books? Or is it after the second wizarding war?

*points to the first post* :)

It takes place 75 years after The Great Wizarding War. Also, I moved your post to the appropriate spot.... ie, Interest/Coordination since it's not a profile and you have to go through the GMs before posting a profile anyway. XD

Sorry I didn't see this thread before my bad ha ha I would definitely be interested though I think I can come up with a character for it if you will have me in the group :)

No worries.... it happens. Makes it good you got a staff member wanting to organize the group! Don't have to hunt down a mod, LOL! XD But yeah. Sure. Just fill out the character sheet (which you can find in the character profile thread) and submit it to either myself or Ruphhausin. We'll approve it for you and once you get the ok from us, you'll be set to post it up. Once everyone has that in order and we get some other things out of the way and situated, we can get started. But, I want to see a few character sheets up and such before we delve into that. :)

So yeah, go on ahead and spread the word if you know anyone else who might be interested in joining. My hope is for this to eventually become a big group if possible.

Also....... if people want to submit more than one character, they are welcome to do so. :)

OK So you want e to just PM you the character profile? Also I will talk o people to see if they are interested for you :) I love Harry Potter RPs

Yep. Just fill it out, the code is up for you with all the bolds and italics and such. So just copy/paste and add in what you need. Then copy/paste that into a PM. Once approved, re-copy/paste it into the profile thread. :)

And YES!!!!!! Spread the word for sure!!!!! :)

darkangel76 said:
Yep. Just fill it out, the code is up for you with all the bolds and italics and such. So just copy/paste and add in what you need. Then copy/paste that into a PM. Once approved, re-copy/paste it into the profile thread. :)

And YES!!!!!! Spread the word for sure!!!!! :)

Alright will do :D thank you for considering me for this RP

Oh, most definitely. Should be fun. I really hope we get a bunch of people. :)

Keep the profiles coming! Seriously, I'm seeing some really good ones. :)

So anyone who's interested, don't hesitate.... send either myself or Ruphhausin your profile and we'll get back to you about it. :)

I know there aren't any profiles up..... yet... hehe..... However. I can tell you all this. Once the ones I've seen get finalized, there should (including one from each GM) eventually be about 8 characters involved in this game.

YAY!!!!!! :)

So, that's pretty exciting to say the least. That said, keep on spreading the word and keep the profiles coming. And if anyone wants to submit more than one character, by all means feel free to so.

Also, one recurring thing that is coming up with profiles as they are submitted. The visual representations of your characters.... >.< I promise you, I have a reason as to why the image has to be 150h x 100w pixels in size. Also, if you all could keep them to real people as opposed to animation/drawings of characters, that would be great. Anyway, the reason for these images is that they will be used when we actually start posting in our threads once the RP starts. See, we will be using character headers and these images will be a part of that. So....... as you can see, there's a method to the madness. :)

I'd like to join if it's at all possible. I even have the perfect character too! Wooo~

Gonna break out my epicly welsh wizard Lloyd. Dude is so damn cute and random it's unreal.

-- Urm; That is, you know, if it's still open and all. I would of replied more quickly, except my internet was dead and I only just got it working again.

Sure, just read over the character templates in the profile section and submit it to either myself or Ruphhausin and we'll give it a look over and let you know if you need any tweaks. So, have at! Woot woot!!! :) The more the merrier!!! And spread the word!!!!

Back
Top Bottom