Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Singer

Bane laughed as she studied the dragon,"Have a good bath then."She said snickering as she watched the kids strting to fill buckets before going to the shop, picking up some things. Ink and paper along with a jacket and sun lotion. Now that she was out of the sun, the slightly red skin of her nose was starting to blister. Looking thoughtful as she wandered the area she smiled, stepping into the shop she tilted her head. "Artemus?"She asked walking to the desk looking nervous."Drake asked me to pick up a package for him...."She said biting her lip as she looked at the helper, looking worried.

After she got the package she headed back to the dragon, holding the packages of things in her arms with a slight smile."A good bath?"She asked smiling as she looked at the dragon, looking amused at the soap bubbles still on his nose."I got our things."She said looking worried because she was curious about his package,but not rude enough to open it.

Artemus, was... gorgeous, there was no other word for it, he looked perfect in every way, as if he had been hand sculpted by the gods, it was clear what he was when she saw his ears, long and pointed... an elf. "yes, i have Drakes package right here, take care to not open t young miss, for the items inside are very dangerous." he informed her handing her a box that was wrapped quite firmly. as if to make sure she couldn't open it. the Dragon was half asleep when she returned, the children still rinsing him off and he grinned a little. "mmm i loved my bath." he purred happily. "thank you for getting everything." he chirped examining her parcels as the children giggled and rinsed off his nose, which told the Dragon that he was done, standing up and stretching with an eager groan. "thank you very much little ones, that was Divine, if you line up, the pretty lady here will give you five coins each for your efforts." the children looked amazed, it wasn't often they got PAID for their services, usually Dragon gave them candy or toys for their bath, but they got money today! it was so exciting. they all lined up, giggling and jumping up and down eagerly as they calmly accepted their coins and vanished to spend it, Drake chuckling as he bent low to let her up into her saddle again, piling all of the things carefully into a basket that had randomly appeared. "ready to go home?"

Bane smiled blushing a little as she studied the elf, "Thank you.I wont.I promise."She smiled happily, happy to have just met a elf. Nearly tripping over her feet in her excitement as she left smiling as she stopped in front of the dragon."Hmm you look clean. No dust and anything."She teased before doing as he said and shifting her bags so that she could get the coins out of her purse, handing them to the children with a smile, climbing up in the saddle as they disappeared, smiling as she nodded."Yes.Let's go."She said grinning as he took her home. When they arrived home she scampered off his back, looking at him curiously. "So, what did you get from artemus?DId you know he's a elf?He's so pretty!"she smiled giggling a little looking amused as she yawned, overtaxed by the days adventures. Not used to doing so many different things in a single morning

he chuckled a little and shook his head. "very clean." he agreed grinning a little. "their very good at washing things." he admitted simply, yawning a little as he landed on the cliff, chuckling as she slid down, carefully shifting back into human form and carrying the saddle into the cave. "Artimus is pretty." he agreed. "he's one of the few Elves not in hiding, see, Dragon's once kept the peace and protected humans, but we also protected the Elves, witches, Dwarves, everything and made sure the human's didn't kill them... when the Dragon's slept, the other creatures went into hiding, knowing that Humans would fear and hate them." he admitted. "and when humans fear and hate something, well, it doesn't end well." he admitted picking up the box. "and it's full of dangerous things that you don't need to know about." he stated simply smiling at her. "why don't you take a nap? you look tired." he admitted shaking his head. "i am too in all honesty. i think a nap would do us both good."

"The humans tend to kill the things they dont like, even if they were doing no harm."She said looking thoughtful about that because she was saddened that humanity as a whole was so intolerable of others. looking curious she shrugged, willing to let the mystery of the box go for now, before nodding rubbing her eyes."I am tired. It was an exciting day."She smiled at him before slipping a arm through his."Come on then, mister dragon, you need your beauty sleep."She teased leading him to his bed and crawling into the nest. Snuggling down into the multiple blankets with a smile as she started falling asleep.

he smiled a little and nodded as he picked up his box and carried it into the room that Bane wasn't allowed to go into and came back out looking sleepy as she ordered him into the Nest, chuckling as he settled into place next to her, groaning a little as he fell asleep. it was several hours before Bane found herself jerked awake from some unknown force. Bane, Come To Me. the voice was in her head, smooth as silk and as dark as poison, it crawled through her mind like worms, thick and slimy it wrapped around her brain and clenched tightly. Yes, Bane. Come To Me, Free Me, Release Me! she stood against her own will, her body moving to the voice's whims, her voice frozen as the voice pulled her into the room that she wasn't supposed to go into.

it was filled with jars of preserved eyes and hands and strange things, books lay everywhere, all of them filled with energy that told her they where magical in nature. it was the thing on the desk however that had her, sitting directly on top of the desk was a jar, sealed tight with thick wax, and inside was a bubbling rolling black mass that looked like boiling tar with two glowing red eyes that stared into her very soul. Break The Seal, Release Me Moon Mother, Set Your Child Free. Let Me Free. her hand raised, settled onto the top of the jar, and suddenly Drake was there, gripping her wrist tightly, forcing it away from the jar, though her body fought him, he was too strong for her, and even though bruises sprouted along her flesh from his grip, the thing did not release her.

Do Not Let Him Stop You! FREE ME! her free hand reared back and punched him hard in the nose, breaking fragile human bones, blood gushing out of his nose and now he was pissed, his grip tightening on her. "RELEASE HER FOUL DEMON!" he demanded breathing flames across the jar with a mighty roar that shook the very walls of the cave and then the monster released her, it's control of her body vanishing, leaving her weaker than a babe, Drake catching her as she fell, his nose still bleeding as the boiling tar creature went still and red eyes vanished ass if it was nothing more than simple black sludge. "shh Bane, don't try to talk." he ordered softly, gently picking her up and carrying her back to the nest, carefully laying her down before covering her up. "just rest, i'm going to make some tea, it will help." he promised rushing off to make the tea before returning and helping her drink. the warm liquid rushing through her, giving her a little more strength. "i'm so sorry Bane..."

"No!Don't make me. Please.please.Bane begged mentally as the creature controlling her fought with drake, whimpering as she felt blood coating her hands as drake took care of the demon. Her head pillowed on his shoulder as she collapsed, leaning against him. Shivering uncontronablly as she closed her eyes."D-d-"She stuttered a little even as he told her to not try and talk before giving up, shivering as he tucked her into the nest, closing her eyes as she waited for him to return. When he did she raised her hands, holding the cup steady as she let him help her sip the warm liquid.

Though still feeling weak she felt better then she had. Tilting her head back to look up at him stupidly, as if her thoughts weren't as clear as they should have been. And they weren't. She was feeling foggy and out of sorts as she shifted, resting her head on his shoulder."What....was...that?"she said slowly making sure that was really what she wanted to say, before patting his arm."Not your...fault. Knew I...was moon mother."She muttered nuzzling him a little.Cuddly now that her first flash of fear was gone, leaving her shaky and needing reassurance.

Drake smiled a little as he watched the color return to her face. "it is... the result of the Dragon's being put to sleep." he explained. "it is a creature born from the shadows of human hearts... a demon. it was taking the form of a dragon and terrorizing human villages, i faught it many times, it cannot be destroyed, but it can be contained as you saw... as long as the seal is not broken, it cannot get out... it hoped your powers where intact, but it is fortunate that it could not access them or it would be free and i'd have to chase it down all over again." he admitted shaking his head. "i never expected it to take control of you like that, it's never attacked any of the other women." he admitted frowning as he gently stroked her cheek. "it must have been because it sensed the power in you." he admitted softly, simply holding her, letting her cuddle as much as she wanted to. "that damn thing... well it won't hurt you again, i'll move it tonight." he promised. "i'll take it to one of my other caves." he promised calmly chuckling a little as he gently leaned down and kissed her gently, offering her some of his Dragon Strength, filling her very soul with the strength of his kind, which would hopefully give her the strength that the Demon had taken from her. "there, how does that feel, better?" he asked hopefully, looking at her with worried eyes, gently stroking her hair. "i'll stay with you for however long you need... don't worry."

"oh.That's...thats scary, to know that that darkness exists.But while there is great darkness, there is great light."She smiled a little whining a little at the thought of him leaving her to go chase after the demon."It called me moon mother."She said turning her head a little leaning her face into drake's hand, closing her eyes, content and sleepy now that she knew he was there, and that she would be safe. Gasping softly as drake shared his power, smiling wider as she realized what he had done. Smiling gently as she blinked up at him,gently running her fingers through his hair."Yes, that is better.That was...like swallowing lightening."She said giggling a little as she cuddled him, relaxing and stronger now as she closed her eyes. A little goofy now that the dragon strength had made her giddy."Stay. Forever."She muttered nuzzling his shoulder as she started falling asleep.

he smiled a little. "yes, there is great light, i'll introduce you to her sometime." he promised chuckling a little as he gently nuzzled her. holding her tightly as she informed him it knew who she was he could only nod. "i'm sure it knew." he admitted. "i never thought it would be able to get into your mind, i am SO sorry Bane." he muttered softly smiling again at her information of what his power felt like. "well, lightning is one of my base abilities." he admitted chuckling a little. "i will stay with you always." he promised letting her fall asleep, but staying awake in case the Demon tried something again. but the rest of the night was peaceful and calm until morning when Drake gently shook her awake. "Bane, wake up." he ordered softly, smiling a little. "there's someone here to meet you." he admitted indicating the doorway, where a bright light was shining, like a star. "Dim a little would you Selene?" he asked, the small figure giggling a little and dimming down to reveal a ten year old little girl with hair that shone like the stars and eyes that did too. "i felt the black one." she explained. "i had to see that you where alright Uncle." the little girl admitted bounding into the nest and smiling at Bane brightly. "good morning Moon Mother!" she chirped happily gently kissing Bane's forehead. "i am glad that the Darkness did not hurt you..."

"Its okay.You didn't know."She muttered sleepily snuggling him. In the morning she blinked sleepily whining a little as the light hit her eyes, pressing her face against Drake's shoulder to hide her face as the light dimmed. Smiling a little as she sat up, her mouth falling open a little as she saw the young girl, looking up at drake before blinking at the girl. Smiling and blushing a little as she studied the girl."T-thank you.I am fine."She smiled looking at selene, smiling a little as she batted Drake on the shoulder."Uncle?You didn't tell me you had a brother."She said smiling a little as she looked at the dragon, before smiling happily at the girl glad to meet someone else new and exciting to herDrake brought so many interesting people into her life.

he chuckled a little as the little girl plopped herself into her 'uncle's' lap. "oh, i don't..." he admitted smiling a little. "Selene isn't related to me at all. it's just that she decided she wanted me to take care of her when she's in her child phases that she adopted me as her uncle." he admitted chuckling a little as he stood up. "Selene, i want you to stay here with Bane, protect her, i have to go deal with your evil twin." he admitted, the little girl wrinkling her nose. "good, he needs to be in a good long time out for being an icky disgusting.... thing!" Drake chuckled a little and shook his head as he left the two to their devices and grabbed the evil demon. "that room is still off limits!" he ordered spreading his wings and taking off into the air, Selene giggling. "can i braid your hair?"

"Ohhhh...you look cute with a kid."Bane said laughing a little as she looked at the girl, "Ohh he is a icky thing isn't he?"The moon mother grinned before she nodded."Yes, you can."Bane said letting her black hair out of its clasp, letting the soft waves fall around her shoulders."Thank you." By the time Drake returned, bane had not only let the girl braid her hair but help her with her make up and such other girl things, she looked quite adorable as she smiled at that dragon."Well?What do you think?"She asked pointing to the complex braid that her long hair was done up into. She really did look beautiful and happy likethat. Happier then she had been any other time in her life. She was happy with him. So very happy.

she nodded a little. "he's technically my twin brother the icky thing." she admitted scowling a little. "it's garoooosss." she admitted simply as she got to work 'making up' Bane, chattering happily about all the adventures she and Bane had together. she was in the middle of a rather mortifying story of the time Drake had gotten his head stuck in a cave when the beast returned, covered in cobwebs and dust and sulking. "my shiny scales are all ruined!" he complained, pouting, making Selena giggle. "and it's far too late for the children to give me a bath." he complained changing into human form, just as covered in nasty as he had been in Dragon form Selena wrinkling her nose. "your all Garoooss! go bath!" she demanded, but he was too busy staring at Bane to listen to his 'niece.' "...Bane you look... amazing... beautiful." he whispered sounding awestruck.

Bane blushed ducking her head as she smiled at him."Thank you. Selene said I did.I like it."She smiled before getting up from where she had been sitting, a smile dimpling her cheek as she bent down to kiss Selene's forehead."Thank you.But I'm going to go help drake wash up. He wont be able to get all that dirt off by himself."She said smiling wrinkling her nose as she studied the dirty dragon, laughing quietly as she shooed him towards the bath room."come on. Time to wash up. You look like you don't look comfortable."She said smiling because she was ignoring how pretty she looked in favor of getting him cleaned up because he really looked like he was tired and upset about the dirt.

Selene giggled a little and beamed at them. "i'm going to go play in the Lava! bye!" she chirped vanishing in a flair of light, Drake chuckling a little as he shook his head. "she's goofy sometimes." he admitted sighing a little as he examined himself and sulked again. "i'm all dirty..." he whined moving to the bathroom again. "i hate being Dirty." he complained smiling at her. "are you sure you want to help me wash? have you ever seen a male naked before? i don't want to scar you..." he admitted looking a little amused as he stripped off his pants and sank into the hot water with a sigh as he started to scrub himself clean.

"No, but you wont get your whole back. No one can scrub themselves clean enough for you to be happy."She said kneeling at the edge of the pool, gently srubbing at the skin aross his shoulders and back to get it clean. So focused on helping him clean up that she wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was naked. Though she probably would be embarassed and blushing later after he was all cleaned up.

he smiled a little and looked at her. "... this is true." he admitted calmly leaning into the back scrubbing a little. "mmm that feels wonderful, thank you Bane." he purred smiling a little. "i know it's silly but Dragon's are very vain creatures." he admitted grinning a little. "a little bit of dust on our scales and we just can't help ourselves." he admitted chuckling a little as he scrubbed viciously at his hair. "the kids are going to have a field day with my scales tomorrow, all that dust, ugh." he admitted as he rinsed his hair out. "will you hand me that bathrobe?" he was sparkly clean once more, he'd even scrubbed between his toes. "after i get my scales scrubbed, would you like to join me in the Kings Capitol?" he offered smiling at her. "you can see what work i do, as a human even."

"Hmm they should be. They are very pretty."Bane said smiling a little as she looked at him, making sure they got off the dirt.Giggling a little."Oh, but they'll be so glad to see you. They like helping you."She said smiling as she got up, turning to get the bathroom as she handed it to him."You do work?Oh that would be so good. I was wondering what you do."She said smiling as she nodded,"I would like to see. Thank you for inviting me to go with you."She said bouncing up on her toes to kiss his cheek before stepping back

he smiled a little. "they do like to scrub me but i don't think it's the helping they like." he admitted chuckling. "i think it's the treats and toys i bring them." he admitted chuckling a bit as he shook his head. "and of course i have a job, it's rather boring actually but you will like where it is i think." he admitted grinning a little as he stood up, giving her a full view of his naked body before he covered it with the bathrobe. "ah i feel much better." he admitted smiling a little. "so did you enjoy your girls day?" he teased smiling a little. "you really do look gorgeous." he admitted tipping her chin up, smiling. "more beautiful than any woman i have ever had." he promised smiling at her. "with, and without the makeup."

"Oh, well they do like that to."She said giggling a little looking amused as he got up,blushing as she looked away from him as he got out of the bath. Nodding as she blushed harder, "I did enjoy the day. Thank you. She is sweet."She smiled blushing a little harder feeling light headed with it because of the compliment, leaning against him for a moment before shaking her head."Nah,I'm awkward and to tall and..."She trailed off looking down again. So scarred from life with her family and the others in the town that she had grown up with that she couldn't realize just how pretty she was.

he smiled as he shook his head. "you are perfect, in every way." he promised her smiling. "the perfect height, and not awkward in the least, your not with me after all. your people have a deluded sense of beauty... i care little for 'perfection', i like how you look REAL... not like a painting." he admitted. "your gorgeous, perfect in your own wonderful ways, never forget that." he purred smirking. "i am a dragon after all, we Covet beautiful things, so you'll have to trust my judgment hmm?" he asked smiling as he bent down and caught her lips in his, kissing her intently and with a passion that almost downed her before he released her, smiling at her again. "was that convincing enough?"

Bane blushed at the compliment before smiling up at him, leaning into him as he kissed her, nearly drowning in the pleasure as he did. Blinking slowly and lazily at him when he released her, as if she wasn't sure what to do next, but it had been so nice to be kissed like that. Blushing as she nodded, staring up at him."Y-yes. That was good."She said smiling before leaning up to kiss him again,gentle and hesitant, just a gentle press of lips against lips.

he smiled at her his head tilted as she blushed, gently running his thumb over her warm cheeks with an impish grin letting her kiss him again, this one slow, passionate, gentle as he moved his lips against hers before pulling away and gently leading her to the nest. "you need sleep." he ordered with a smile as he yawned. "and i do too." he admitted. "tomorrow i will go into the village and get my scales scrubbed, and then we will go tot he kings city together." he promised smiling at her. "you will enjoy it, i think."

Bane smiled sleepily as he led her to the nest smiling as she nodded."I am sure I will."She muttered laying down and cuddling into him as he joined her."Goodnight Drake.."She muttered sleepily drifting off with a pleased smile.

Back
Top Bottom