Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My cream expired... a month ago.

Mirran

Star
Fuck, I can't keep track of anything these days. The best part was like that I fully filled my coffee with it before I noticed how chunky it was... and then there was the smell... which will not rid itself from my nostrils. Thank god I didn't drink the stuff... but now I can't be bothered to brew anymore coffee and am doing without -grumble grumble-

What is the worst food spoiling accident you've had recently?

Bought milk from the store, didn't pay attention when I poured it and got nasty tasting milk in my mouth and almost threw up.​

made a bowl of cereal, took a bite and went "Cinnamon Toast Crunch isn't sour..."
i did not have a pleasant night

Bought milk from the store, it had the wrong date on it it was April when it was the month March. Both me and mom didn't know if it was sour but I took a big drink and OMG >< Threw it out and my stomach cramped for the rest of the day >< Not fun at all.

What I find most intriguing about this thread is all the comments about being ill after.
I used to end up with bad milk in my cereal a lot of a child, my sense of smell leaves something to be desired, and I just....don't complain if something tastes off.
Not once did I ever end up sick because of it though.
There was also an incident with a ham and cheese sandwich with mayo eaten after a week of being in a classroom locker in my younger years.
I think I have the stomach of a goat or something.

Only one I got sick on wasn't even spoiled food, as far as I know. Just carsick when I had gotten this ice cream moon pie type thing at a gas station store. Still don't eat them though. Had plenty of rotten things however (Such is the life of a homeless man) and it never made me sick.

Oh god, one time I had the spinach go bad in a really delicious lasagna I made... that didn't end well >.<

I sometimes eat things which I'm not sure if they're still good to eat or not.. but I'm too poor to just throw it to the garbage and buy more. Since I don't like feeling hungry, I eat >.>

I find that the bigger meal I make, the longer it stays in the back of the refrigerator...

Though what has to be the most awful smell was a school project involving eggs and potatoes and I left the container in my locker for a few weeks.

I then slipped it in the sink hoping someone would clean it, but I was wrong and BAM rotten egg smell. I almost puked.

Never expect someone else to clean the gross rotting food in the sink, it always gets back to the person who left it there ={

It's not really an expired story, but my folks make their own homemade mincemeat. Which involes formenting actual meat with apples and rasins and such in a clay cock for months. Yeah, try stumbling on that one day, lifting the lid and not knowing what the everloving Hell it is. Can't stand anything remotely close to mincemeat, and the smell of nutmeg to this day makes me want to hurl.

When I was about twelve my sister tricked me into eating a moldy corn dog. I puked for two days straight, and I can't stand the smell of corn dogs anymore. Not really recent, but the only time I can remember. >_>

I have like three bottles of milk in my fridge that expired months ago.
I just haven't been bothered to take them out =w=.

We almost always keep a small container of sliced block-cheese. Well, entire household has been super busy lately, so we didn't use it up. Just discovered it last night...if there was actually any cheese left, it wasn't visible. It had been in there for at least 3 months... I bleached everything.

Back
Top Bottom