Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'm Down The Hall If You Need Me ( Back-Alley Shadow & DarknessHarbinger)

I walk down the hallway, looking for the door with my name on it. It's been a long day, and now I kind of just want to relax. The land lord seems like a nice guy, not a complete jerk, which was what I was afraid of. The apartment is near the school I'm going to in a month once class starts up. I just need to wait until tomorrow for my stuff to arrive so I can unpack.

So, here I am, on my own. In a town where I don't know anyone. I wish I had at least a friend to go to school with, but nobody. No family, no friends, nobody at all. Crap, I don't know my way around here either. I guess I'll drive around after my stuff gets here. But I'm still on my own. Hell, I remember it took me almost an hour to get out the door, my mom didn't want me to leave. Now I kinda miss the fact that she was kinda clingy to me. It's a little scary being alone.

I finally found the door to my place. All the way at the end of the hall, crap that's a long walk. A small sign next to the door saying "Wallace" in big black letters on a gold plaque. "Well, hopefully I'm the only Wallace here." He mutter to myself as I unlock the door.

After walking inside, I take off my shoes and look around. It's a decent place to live. Enough room for me, maybe a second person if I had one. All of the furniture is already in. There's a couch and a recliner in the living room, with a sliding door to the small deck outside. A kitchen with a fridge, cabinets, sink, dishwasher, oven, stove, microwave, everything I need in a kitchen. A bedroom, with a big bed and a big closet. Two bathrooms, both with showers, but the one in the bedroom is bigger. There's a little booklet on the table with information I need to know, like number of the landlord, map of the apartment complex, password to access the internet, numbers and addresses of local places to eat, and so on.

Then it hit me, I got nothing to do until tomorrow. There's no tv, that's coming tomorrow with my stuff. My game systems are gone. My cable box is set up, but with no tv, it's just a waste of space until then. Even my laptop is coming tomorrow. All I have is my wallet, my phone, my iPod, and my keys. I don't know what's nearby, and I would really like to just relax and watch tv, but there's no tv. "Well fuck." I say to myself.

Back
Top Bottom