You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Blue Moon Chat Toggle
Current time: 10-22-2014, 09:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If you're going to hide this ad box, please support us on Patreon so that I can keep this place running. Thank you.

Thread Closed 
A Heart Wrapped in Shadow
03-12-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow
With a shake of his head, Audrice grinned, "For some of the most successful mercenaries of the world: you really all are quite assuming." He shook his head, "Watching you in an ambush would be humurous."

Looking up to the elf, the nobleman-turned-mercenary seemed rather nonplussed about the height difference between he and the elf before him. He had spent time in Lucenia, briefly traveling, do mercenary work where it paid, and even catching the eye of a young Elven baserving girl for a time. Yet despite his outward appearance, it was still a sight to behold when an pure-blood Elf stood at full height. Fishing beneath his cloak, he retrieved one of his hand-wrapped cigars, placing it lightly between his lips, and producing a bright flicker of orange flame on his palm to light it. Quickly extinguishing the flame, he took a relaxing drag of the tobacco, and leaned casually against the wall while still maintaining eye contact (though he had to look up to do so) with Modya. Letting out a wispy cloud of smoke, he finally spoke again after a long moment of silence.

"If I were in need of handling a problem, I doubt I would be so lacking in skill as to need to outsource it." He shrugged, "As well as the simple fact that nobility does not oft' help their reputation to be seen in the company of mercenaries, even ones such as yourself, and so it would be far more prudent of me to work through a messenger should I wish to hire your services."

He took another relaxing drag of the tobacco.

"I do not wish to hire you, Modya." He shook his head, that same wolfish grin still present, if slightly diminished, "I heard you are in need of -- helping hands?" He quirked a brow, punctuating his statement with another drag of his cigar before leaving it hanging there between loosely closed lips.
Virginia Bellsey-Demonte's Rabbit Hole

". . . and he knows a thing or two about the things that you should do.
If you don't want to take life lying down.

First of all, hang out a lot with Hemmingway.
Spend some time fighting bulls in Spain.

You should go three rounds with Archie Moore and Sugar Ray.
It's so damned scary, that you won't mind the pain."
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Morathor - 03-10-2012, 01:52 AM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Morathor - 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Morathor - 03-11-2012, 01:13 AM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Morathor - 03-11-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Back-Alley Shadow - 03-12-2012 12:28 AM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Morathor - 03-12-2012, 01:09 AM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Morathor - 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: A Heart Wrapped in Shadow - Morathor - 03-12-2012, 03:45 PM