Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The tale of the traveling Mage (Stardust Yusei and Vampire07)

Parisu-kun

Banned
Banished
Donovan always had trouble in battle. He was skilled in both Swordplay and magic however the more elaborate spells were usually time consuming. Time he needed to chant the spell was vital in the battle field. He needed some kind of help, someone who could keep the monsters at bay while he summoned the power to finish them with one spell.

He walked down a small rural path to the next town over wondering if he would be able to recruit someone to fight with him there. The path was lined up with farms most likely places where crops and cattle were raised to feed the large castle city he was headed to. He heard something ahead and thought what could be making such ruckus around such a quiet looking place.

-Mhhm sounds like trouble ahead. I better investigate.- He thougth as he made his way to the source of the noise.

Lillian was a rather young woman who was thrown aside as men was trying to steal from her and the other farmers.

"Wench! Stay down and if you know better get back in bed and spread those pretty legs of yours!" A toothless ork roared out but he was met with a thick staff hitting him across his head making him fall to the ground. The tiny woman in dark brown britches was standing there in her white tunic and her hair a mess. Blood trickled down her split lip as she turned her green eyes to the other men. A smirk crossed her deep pink lips as she took the ork's brutish sword and leaped onto the wagon slicing a man's chest open while the other humans helped to defend their land.

"You won't be robbing this land anymore!" She snapped as she kicked one in the mouth sending him backwards. Slowly the group of bandits backed off as they were shocked to see a woman among men fighting. The orks and trolls were four times her size but yet she leaped at them as if size didn't matter.

Donovan was looking intently the woman fighting seemed to be dealing with the invaders well enough, however he opened his bag where he carried his spell books and began chanting a spell to ward of those brutes. His own magic was powerful to an extent but thegreat flaw was that any spell that required larger amounts of power had to be charged before use. If things went worse he would intervene but for now he just prepared a spell to heal any wounded afterwards.

Once the spell was charged he swiftly jumped from his hiding place and slayed one of the bandits with his sword. Leaped out of the way of a second attacker and scorched him with a low level fire ball from his hand.

"Humph I guess all help is welcome here" He said turning to the people that were defending the farms.

Lillian saw someone jumping from the bushes one of the farmers swung his blade at Donovan thinking he was a bandit. Though the tiny woman moved under the blade with her own clashign with the farmer as she stood at Donovan's side. The farmer soon realized she made sure he didn't kill Donovan with the brutes soon turning and running for the hills. Once everything calmed down Lillian looked to Donovan with a slight smile. "Next time...if you're hiding...Stay there." She said with the men slowly returning to their lives by taking their hroses, wheat and vegetables back to their homes. Soon one horse that was black was left. Lillian slowly walked over to the massive horse and rubbed his muzzle.

"What brings you this way?" She asked Donovan with her taking the rope that was around her horse's neck. The massive stallion snorted as he bucked at one lifeless form as if getting his own revenge on the creature who dared tried to take him from his mistress.

"Business" Is what Donovan replied. "And I couldnt hide even if you were doing it right. That would have been cowardly." Since in his intervention he wasnt wounded he used the stored magical energy he had to heal the woman standing in front of her the spell was so powerful he even restored her clothes as well as healing any bruises and cuts she may have sustained. "I am a mage, an alchemic red mage to be specific. I make weapons and sell them. Also I can use both white and black magic. Neither to their full extent but it helps me get by. My name is Donovan." He said as he lifted his hat to let her get a better view of his eyes. However he didnt want to show her his ears. they distinctively had the markings of a halfling it was not something he told everyone about.

"And who might you be? you seem skilled in combat."

Her body got suddenly warm making her tremble in sheer delight. Goosebumps formed over her skin as she looked over her shoulder at him seeing his eyes but not his ears. "Huh, never met a mage before. Sorry for the...You should stay hidden. 'If you don't know how to fight stay out of sight' is what my father always tells me." She said with a slight smile but nodded to his comment on her skill on fighting.

"Thank you. I'm Lillian, a Farmer's daughter. Do you need somewhere to stay for the night? We have a spare room and plenty of food now." She said with a slight laugh and beckoned him to follow her. Leading the midnight horse back with her she reached her home where a ten year old boy was sitting and pouting at the front door. "Donovan, the moody chap is my brother David." She said as she unleashed her horse and sent him galloping off to the pastures where the other mares were.

Donovan had followed her to her farm. He was amazed to hear that she was a farmer's daughter and yet she was accomplished at fighting. He saw the boy at the door. "Hello David" He said as he looked at the farm it seemd like they had some very healthy animals and crops that must have been why bandits were attacking them theust have wanted the food or maybe there was something more. He turned to Lillian and said. "I havent had a good meal in days. Oh and I dont plan on staying here for free but thank you for your kindness."

She sent her brother off to tend to the cows but looked to Donovan and shook her head. "We won't accept your gold here either. Either accept the gesture or...accept it." She said with a slight laugh as she slipped inside there was fresh bread baking with stew simmering in the pot. "Where are you heading Donovan?" She asked as she moved stirring the stew then checked on the breaad as if she was the protector plus maiden who ran the household.

"Im headed to the castle town of Orobella. Its rather close to here but not enough to make it at this hour. I have wares to sell plus I am searching this region for some alchemy ingredients. Those could allow me to make better weaponry. That and also I am looking for someone to come with me on my travels. I am looking for a companion. You could say that a person to watch my back when I try to use magic."

He pulled out of hi traveling bag a large and very long roll of leather he proceeded to unfolf it and it had many magnificent looking weapons. Battle Staves, Magical staves, Spears and Blades. All of them had a magical aura surrounding them. "I made these myself If you wont take gold at least take one of these to help you defend your home and your family. Oh and where is your father of whom you speak so highly of?"

She looked over as she heard the familiar sounds of metal clanking. Looking to see a sword that looked so light weight and it appeared to split into two. "I'll take that sword you have. My father went to the market to sell his food or what we could spare. I hope you'll find the right person to keep you covered while you're weaving your spells." She said as she pulled the fresh bread out and sliced a piece off and walked over to him with the bowl of stew.

"My mother died when David was born so I had to step in when I was eight. Though for each farm there is a fighter or every two farm in this region. As you noticed we get hit with bandits on a weekly basis...They never learn." She said with a slight laugh as under her clothing her ample breasts were bound down and she wore a slight undergarment for her virginhood to stay hidden from sight. Getting her brother some food as he came in and grabbed it but still displayed a moody side as he went outside to eat. "Please forgive my brother....He's still sore that he hasn't reached my level when I was his age. But as I was saying bandits keep coming so the fathers agreed to teach their children to fight both boy and girl...Incase one father had nothing but girls." She said as she got her food and sat down. "So I was the first born in my family and when my father is gone I teach David what I can."

"I see... must be rough having to do house chores as well as protecting your home." He said as he began partaking in his served meal. "That sword is very special." He said as he took a bite of his bread, he had noticed how she had a beautiful figure. This of course made him feel a bit uneasy. He did want a battle companion but in his mind he had always wanted to have a beautiful homely woman to care for him and be his bride. He kept on thinking about this for a couple moments staring into space and it almost looked like he was looking at her intently. Once she noticed his strange behaviour as well as a couple if his escaping gazes he resumed talking as he ate.

"Ah yes I was telling you about the sword." He said as he took some more stew and finished his bowl. Then he told her: "The sword is unusual in the fact that a magician can turn it into an elemental blade. That is to say if the sword catches lightnig from the weather or a spell or fire or any other kind of elemental spell the blade is used to absorb and retaliate with similar force and properties. It should come in handy and its very resilient."

He blushed lightly afte seeing her ample breasts but still tried to keep quiet yet there was no denying she aroused him to no end.

She had noticed him going quiet but she ignored it with her eatting. "Someone has to do it." she said to him as she finished off her small portion with her getting up putting her dishes aside. "I never heard a sword could do that." She said as she returned voer to him and picked it up and examine it. She didn't know she affected him in that form but if she attracted any man's attention she wouldn't know.

Walking outside as she sent her brother off to get cleaned up as she took his dishes and went inside. "Your room is next to mine. So its down the hall on the left." She commented to him as she left the sword on the table for now. Thankfully, her father will be home in the morning then her chores will ease up on her.

"Yes thank you." He said as he got up from his chair and saw the blade he had given her. "It is indeed a very special sword. One of my first creations mind you but still one of the best." He turned to her. He had never been a casanova or anything of the sort even with his elvish good looks, but her beauty was enthralling and he wondered how to make a pass at her. He knew whatever he tried would end up being awkward. So instead he took the stairs and walked up to the room he was supposed to take. Tomorrow would be another day and then perhaps he would have a chance to actually try something by then. He walked into the room and tried to get some sleep yet. The thought of her being just in the next room disturbed him... would he dare sneak into her room?

Once he left her she cleaned everything up and when her brother came in she sent him up to his room. When the house had settled she grabbed the sword and walked upstairs. There she went to her room and begin to undress. In her skimpy undergarments she slipped unto her bed and curled about her pillow with locks of her snow white hair caressing her cheek. Strange thing is no one in her family had white hair well so far that they knew of.

Donovan had been thinking. Perhaps he could ask her to come with him. It was a risky move but she was what he dreamed of a woman he could call his bride. He rolled in the bed that he was loaned. Restless as the moon was shining down the window in his room. "Lillian." He whispered in the middle of the night. He got up and silently sneaked out of his room. He would go into h.er room and hoping not to wake her up he placed a chair to her bedside to admire her beauty. Her hair was white and yet that only complemented her curvy figure and her beautiful face. He stayed there quietly admiring her.

She always had a hard time falling to sleep but when she heard movement in her room she opened her eyes slightly to see a chair being placed close to her. Though his scent reached her nose and she took a deep breath. "Donovan, if you're going to be in my room might as well say something." She said with her stretching her arms out with her rolling onto her back with her looking up at the mage as if she wasn't ashamed on seeing her semi naked form.

"Heh, sorry I didnt want to wake you up." He said as he still sat on the the chair. Her beautiful figure accented by the sheets as the moonlight sparkled in her white hair. "I came because I didnt want to be leaving you. I dont know why but I feel youre, special, much more than a farmer's daughter. I have to ask of you. Would you like to come with me? See the world? There are many wonders beyond your farm. I would like us to see them. Together. Youre a great fighter and I could use your help. More than that. I think I may be falling for you."

Lillian laid there listening to him but when he mentioned he was falling for her she sat up slowly. "Donovan, we just met and traveling to see the world sounds wonderful...Though I wasn't asleep." She said as she sat there in front of him with her feet tucked up at her side with her trying to figure out what to do. "What did I do to get you in this state? I mean to get you to fall for me or even get close to it?" She asked as her cheeks were a light red. "I never had a man confess to me the way you did so.." She said as she shook her head. "So I never had any suitors or any sort."

"I see." He was still sitting on a chair, looking at her. "Well truth be told you seem to be everything I could ever want in a woman. You work hard, you have a great maternal instinct youre beautiful and you know how to fend for yourself. And even so I would swear on my life that I will protect you." He paused for a moment. "I havent been completely honest with you. I am a descendant of two royal families. And our kingdoms had been at war for many centuries, my mother died when she gave birth to me and even when my father was a splendid ruler he has succumbed to disease a few year before, now that peace is fragile i was tasked by my dad on his deathbed to find a wife. One who could help me reunite our kingdoms. At first I didnt take the task seriously but now after meeting you I am thinking it could be fate."

He turned around and removed his hat for the first time since they had met. He showed her his pointed ears.

"I am a halfling and my mother was an elven princess... but now that the elves and humans could go into war I have no way to stop them unless I become king. I know its a lot of information right now but its the truth. I was given a time of 2 years to find someone like you and the time will end in less than 6 months. If you are to come with me I can teach you how to be stronger. And your village will be under elven protection. But I know its a hard decision to take... "

He got up and began walking out. "I hope I can get your answer soon."

Before he spoke she was looking down at the floor but by the time he mentioned he was from two royal families she looked up. She heard of Princesses and Princes from fairy tales her mother told her but she never thought she'd actually meet one. Though hearing how much tim ehe has left she smiled softly. "I'm surprised no woman threw themselves at you." she said with a nervous weak laugh that ended just as it left her soft full lips.

"Donovan, I'd go with you but...Its David...I do worry about him but our father will be home in the morning. I guess it is time I left home." she said with a weaken smile. "Plus there are other men here to help his training along with other farmer wives to keep an eye on them so they don't starve." She said with a weak smile. "Expect me to leave with you tomorrow."

He turned back back at her smiled. "Thank you Lillian." He said. He kneeled in front of her bed and kissed her hand. "I promise I will make you the happiest woman to have ever lived." As he got up he looked into her eyes and kissed her lips softly. He was enthralled. Perhaps he could be able to save his kingdom and his homeland.

She smiled at him but she jumped as he kissed her. She had never been kissed before so this was something completely new. Once he left her room she still sat there looking at her door expecting him to come rushing back into her room for whatever. After those seconds passed she finally fell back in her bed closing her eyes. Her heart was still pounding in her chest as she laid there with the moonlight caressing her form as if she was being handled by the moon goddess herself. After awile she managed to fall back to sleep.

When morning came her father was home and he heard her news of going to travel with a mage. He encouraged her but he didn't hear of the possible engagement either. Lillian stood outside with her saddling the black stallion up with her bedroll on his back and food as well. Though there was a mare saddled up for the mage as well.

He had introduced himself to her father and told vowed to him no harm would come to his daughter. He then proceeded to give them as a parting gift a protective Talisman for David, this particular jewel would be able to fend off and repel evil until he was strong enough to protect himself and his farm. With this and a few more words to the both of them he climbed atop the mare he was provided and they rode off to the city where they would get ready for the rest of their journey. "I know you will miss them but dont worry you will see them again before you know it." He told her as they rode side by side.

"Easier said than done, Donovan." She said as she looked over at him as her hair was braided from her face. "Was last nigth a dream?" She asked as she was referring to the kiss he gave her. Though she looked away looking ahead of them wondering what he's was going to get and how far was his kingdom.

"I assure you every part of it was very real" He said as they came into the castle town. The both of them left their mares at the stable by the gate. "Would you come with me? I have somethings I need to buy. And also I figure we could fit you with some battle and travel gear." He pointed to a close armory where they could get her clothes fit for a warrior. He would always wear the usual attire for a red mage the ruffled ascot and red feathered silk hat as well as the red cloak over his shoulders. It hardly seemed combat fitting but it was what worked for him.

Back
Top Bottom