Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GUILTY PLEASURES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cori jumped as Gwen yelled for Carson, and wondered slightly what was about to happen to her father, before deciding he deserved whatever he got. Her eyes followed the hulking man as he walked through the door, before coming back to Gwen. She was surprised at the gentleness in her voice as she spoke, and the tender care she took in taking her to the car. Maybe she had been making Gwen out into a bigger monster then she really was. She got in with some help, and handed herself over to a maid, who began picking glass out bit by bit. A few moments later, Mr. Carson returned to the car, looking satisfied, and began to drive them home. Cori studied her hands as the maid slowly got bit after bit out of her hands, happy to see that most of the glass was just flesh wounds. However, as she turned to her palms, she saw one that had gone fairly deep in. It wouldn't scar, but it was going to hurt to pull out, and she probably wouldn't want to wiggle her hand to much for a few days. She groaned in annoyance. She looked up to face the maid.

"We can wait till we're at the house to get that one." She said, looking at her in sympathy. Cori gave a her a pained smile of thanks, and watched as the woman continued getting bits out, glancing over at Gwen every once in awhile, hoping the other girl didn't take much notice. She had been studying the cuts for quite sometime, but hadn't made a comment yet. Soon they were back at the house, and Cori was ushered inside and pushed into a chair. "This is going to hurt quite a bit, so I'd suggest looking away and trying to place your mind elsewhere." The maid was giving her a stern look, knowing full well that the glass was next to a nerve.

"I'll be fine, just get it out." Cori didn't really take her seriously, she'd had to pull glass out several times before. The maid carefully got a good grip on the sliver, before pulling hard and fast on it. Cori let out a small "eep" as she saw white and began to slump in the chair. She hadn't expected it to hurt THAT much.

Gwen silently watched the whole process as the maid tended to the other girl. What a terrible family. Cori should have been grateful that she was forced to live here. Sure, she wasn't the most pleasant person but at least she didn't beat her...stretch that...she did choke her....Still she hadn't made her bleed. Her own father too. It was disgusting. Shouldn't he feel bad about selling off his oldest daughter like she was some kind of cow? And the worse thing of all...

He touched her things.

Nothing pissed off the heiress more than people touching her things. In many ways she was like a spoiled child. Here she was doing her best to make this girl's life miserable...but here she was actually treating her BETTER than the girl's own family. How do you break someone that's endured all that?

"Is she ok?" Gwen came over when she yelped. The maid nodded and nursed the wound. "Idiot. If you has just waited for me none of this would have happened." The heiress said, sounding more annoyed then she should have.

Cori blinked as she finally came back a bit, and flushed as she realized she had slumped over. She quickly re-situated herself to be sitting upright and allowed the nurse to finish bandaging it up. She wiggled her hand experimentally, and winced when she tried to grip. She glanced at the other girl and frowned, but decided to ignore her comment and move on.

"Are there any other plans for the day?" As she asked the question she realized she wasn't sure why she had asked, it wasn't really like she could do her normal activities of helping out in her sister's garden. Idly she figured she could always wander the estate more, she had yet to go out in the backyard.

Gwen smiled at her. "It's sunday, I suppose you could always go to church. Personally, I spend my weekends studying. You're welcome to join me." She was relieved, although she didn't show it, that Cori didn't need to get any stitches. "For that matter, how are you doing in your classes." Gwen was known as the top student in the school. Due to that, and the fact she was extremely rich, no one in the school could touch her.

"My grades are fine as far as I'm concerned." She said firmly. Cori was for the most part, a decent student. She had only 2 C's as her lowest grades, and felt that she was doing quite well all things considered. "Do you have a garden or maybe some flowers that need tending?" she asked. "I've got a pretty green thumb if I may say so."

"Are you stupid?" She leaned back, crossing her arms. "Oh wait, I forget who I'm talking to. Yes, we have a Garden and no, you can't go work in it. What do you think will happen if that cut gets infected? I prefer to keep you out of the hospital. I don't want people to think I'm a bad pet owner."

She shrugged indifferently. "You can do whatever you like as long as you keep it clean and don't hurt yourself any farther." She turned on her heels and headed back up to her room. Mr. Carson stayed down and looked at her with eyes that seems to be saying 'how stupid can you be?'.

"You made me distract her...so you could let yourself get beaten? Maybe you're some kind of masochist?"

Cori growled a bit in annoyance, but again ignored Gwen's comments and watched as she walked up the stairs, unconsciously watching the swing of her hips. She winced a bit as Carson spoke to her however.

"He usually is too drunk to stand in the morning's. The fact he made it to the table means he's actually cutting back his expenses. I'm not sure if I'm proud or annoyed. Either way I was just trying to avoid... I don't know." She frowned and looked off into the distance for a moment. "Having a drunkard for a father isn't something I've ever really wanted to get paraded about, and for the most part no one really knows he is one. It's stupid and foolish, but I feel like there's enough family shame with him gambling all the money away. Sorry for causing more trouble, I really wasn't expecting much except a groaning heap. What'd you do to him anyway?" She tilted her head to the side and gave him a curious look.

"Gwen is a selfish, borderline demonic bitch but she wouldn't joke around about that. She doesn't get any amusement unless she's the one causing it." hm...He didn't know if he was defending her or cursing her. She did have a rather twisted personality but she could be really sweet and unexpected times. He had grown to see her as his spoiled sister.

Mr.Carson's lip twitched at her question. "Not much." he lied. In fact...he did as much as he possibly could without sending man to the hospital. James Carson had more than his share or violence...and he was always cruel to men that hit girls. He was smart about it though, leave enough so they hurt for at least a week, no where visible and no broken bones. He hadn't been an honorable man in his life but due to his experiences...he was an excellent fighter.

Cori giggled a bit.

"I suppose I should just give up on trying to assume anything with that girl. She's just so ...confusing." She quirked her eyebrow up and gave Mr. Carson a look as he spoke about what he did. "I'm not sure I believe you...But I can't say he didn't deserve it. Thank you," She added with a smile, "Most the time it just feels like it's my sister and I against the world. No one's stood up to my father for us in a very long time." With that, she turned and walked up the stairs, wanting to see where the maids had taken her clothing. She walked down the hall for a bit before reaching Gwen's room, and walking in. She wasn't quite sure where the girl would set her clothes, but she figured it'd wouldn't hurt to ask.
And that's when she was greeted with the sight of Gwen in glasses. Looking over a book. She was...incredibly cute. Cori's words caught in her mouth as she took the sight in. She was sure she had never seen Gwen in glasses before, though she couldn't really understand why. The librarian was a good look on her.

"Well aren't we looking cute." She blurted it out and blushed a bit, unable to think of anything else to say.

Gwen was deeply involved in reading the book they were reading in their English class. Next to her was a notebook she kept near her in which she would down important points, imagery or other things that could be valuable. Unfortunately, the book was extremely boring. She doubted the class would even bother to read it but the Heiress was strict on herself. Even if the work seemed pointless, always do more than less. She heard the door open and glanced up to see her toy decided to enter.

"...." The rich girl stared at her blankly. Did she just hear her correctly? Cute? No one called her cute. Beautiful, sexy, gorgeous but never cute. For some reason the odd compliment made her blush. "huh?" She responded, still at a lost for what she meant. "Oh? do you mean my glasses? I'm a little nearsighted...I only wear them at home though." The girl said without thinking, then instantly wondered why she felt the need to explain. She took off the thin, black framed glasses and put them back into their case, feeling stupidly embarrassed that she was spotted wearing them. "...You should be careful, Cori, I could mistaken what you just said as flirting. You already know my preferences. " she tried to shake off the fluster by building up her mask of the dangerous seducer.

Cori blushed a bit, but frowned as she thought about what Gwen said.

"Why only at home? You look quite cute in them. Of course, I assume when you can buy the best clothes your closet is limitless..." Cori trailed off, before realizing she had been talking aloud, and rapidly tried to back step. "Not that I'm coming on to you! I mean, anyone would look good in a pair of thousand dollar glasses- I mean, not that I'm saying you wouldn't look good in a normal pair- but you- I mean-Well you- I-" Cori had taken to babbling, and was now trying to back up, only to trip over her own feet and fall to the floor. She caught herself with her hand, only to let out a curse as she recalled she had JUST had glass in it a little while ago. Sometimes it felt like she was her own worst enemy.
"Mother of freaking hell!" She growled, immediately pulling her hand to mouth, as if to kiss the pain away. "Of all the stupid luck..." She muttered.

Gwen watched the girl stutter and back track her own words...but not really. She was such a dork. No wonder she was a virgin. It was amusing to watch. She felt a almost fizzy feeling in her chest as she observed the strange behavior of her little pet.

The world went into slow motion as she watched Cori's feet become tangled and her decent to the ground. Gwen leaped up and raced over to the other girl's side. "Are you alright? God, why are you such a klutz?" She sounded annoyed but in reality she was just worried for her hand. "Let me look at it." She gently grabbed the girl's small hand and looked at the wrapping. It had a blood mark but it didn't seem to have gotten worse from the impact. "I swear, you get injured every minute...most of them aren't even my fault. You're making me look bad." She said as a bit of a joke.

Cori blushed a bit as Gwen came down and gently touched her hand. Soft touches weren't exactly what she was use to in her life. It was interesting to think how those hands could just as easily kill her as they could be gentle. Absent mindingly listening to Gwen talk she snorted at her last comment, and could hold back a retort.

"Well honestly, you'd think someone as rich as you would have floors that softened themselves as you fell." She said giggling, sticking her tongue out not unlike when she was teasing Maria.

Shit. She was cute.

When Cori stuck her tongue out in such a teasing, defenseless way...she wanted to seize it with her own and passionately claim that unguarded smile. She cursed the unwanted desire. This was the one girl she reserved for torture. Her life was suppose to be nothing but suffering...and yet here she was...wanting to give her a taste of spice.

"I wouldn't be rich if I wasted my money of things I didn't need." She dropped the girl hand, suddenly heading towards the closet. Gwen knew if she had interacted just a little bit longer she would have lost her resolve. "I'm tired. " She announced over her shoulder. The blonde heiress peeled off her clothes from the day and slipped on a dark blue chemise. Underneath she was completely bare. It was just the way she was use to sleeping, so she didn't think anything of.

She emerged from the walk in the closet the bright light pouring out behind, looking like a fallen angel. Just like a dancer, full of grace and beauty, she glided her way to the bed.

Cori was baffled at Gwen's sudden mood change. Tender to Icy in zero seconds flat. Sighing and sitting on the floor, She felt her breathe hitch a bit as Gwen walked back in. The chemise somehow left little to the imagination yet still gave her an allure. Refusing to be caught looking, She turned her back to the other girl and started stretching, settling in for another sleep on the floor. She laid down and let out a breathe, before realizing she had no pillow to work with. Deciding she didn't want a crick in the neck to be the next pain on her list, she called out to Gwen over her shoulder.

"Could I get a pillow over here? While your floors are fantastic they're not quite great for neck support." she said non-nonchalantly.

Gwen was settling herself under the blankets when she heard Cori's request. She felt a pang of guilt thinking about her sleeping on the floors while she was injured like that. Gah! She was SUPPOSE to be making her miserable!

"Hey...You sleep in the bed tonight. At least to you have healed a bit." She icy queen said against her better judgement.

Cori jumped in surprise at this. She was going to be sleeping next to Gwen? She quickly decided that a bed was much better then a floor and quickly ran to the closet to change into her own sleeping clothes, she came out in nothing but a pair of yoga pants, regretting the fact she always got too hot when she wore a shirt to sleep.

"Don't look...Kay?" Not waiting for a response, and keeping her arms crossed infront of her chest, she ran and slid beneath the sheets, soaking in the feel of their silkiness and how soft but firm the bed was. As she rested her head on a pillow, she suddenly felt how exhausted she was after such a big weekend, and sleep soon took over her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small, happy noise escaped from Cori's mouth as she slowly woke up to a dimly lit room. It took her a moment to recall everything that'd had happened previously, and as her eyes opened up a bit more, she realized the sun was shining brightly out of the window and straight onto her. She blinked a few times and let out a yawn, then sat up and gave a good, long stretch. Realizing she was still in bed with someone, she turned rapidly and looked upon the other girl, only to find her asleep still. It must've been quite early for her to be awake before Gwen, and she stole a moment to stare at the sleeping girl. She looked incredibly peaceful in her sleep. Knowing there was no real point in going back to bed, Cori stood and got dressed into one of her school uniforms, trying to be quiet so Gwen could continue to rest. Finished up, she looked upon her hand and frowned at the light brown marks across the bandages. She'd apparently bled a little while sleeping. With nothing better to do she left Gwen's room and set out down the halls, looking for a maid or someone to help with her bandages. It was right around the top of the stairs she ran into one girl who was running clean clothes to a room.

"Pardon! Could you help me change out my bandages?" The maid simply nodded and asked her to go sit at the dining table while she finished the task at hand. Cori walked down the stairs with ease and slipped into the dining room, surprised to see it bare with no food or plates out yet. Obviously no one had expected Gwen to be up for quite sometime. It was only a few minutes till the nurse came back with fresh bandages to place on Cori's hand, and she worked swiftly and with ease on pulling the old one's off. Cori winced as she saw her bare hand for the first time since the other day. the cuts looked atrocious, but clean, and there was minimal swelling. Within a few moments the maid had bandaged it back up and it looked relatively good again. The woman stood and gathered the old bandages up before looking at Cori.

"I'm afraid breakfast isn't ready yet, could I get you something to drink?" she asked. Cori thought for a moment before answering.

"Maybe some tea?" She asked. without another word the maid was gone and Cori was left alone for several minutes sitting in the dining room again. Distantly she heard the sound of a whistling tea pot, and within a few moments the maid was back with a covered steaming cup.

"Let it steep for a moment before drinking." she said, before setting off for more tasks to be done. Cori wrapped her bandaged hand around the cup and let the heat seep into her hand, letting out a sigh of joy as it helped numb some of the pain away. Deciding she had waiting long enough, she removed the plate from atop the cup and slowly took a gentle sip, enjoying the heat and taste as it filled her mouth. Idly, she wondered where Carson was, and if Gwen had awoken yet.

Gwen pretended to be asleep as well but it came slowly to her as the temptation assaulted her mind. She didn't obey Cori demand, her eyes hand glances to see the girl coming into her bed, chest exposed and vulnerable. What was wrong with her!? Hadn't she made it known she was the wolf that ate cute little sheep? Yet Cori, it was like she was purposely trying to seduce her.

After at least an hour of internal struggle, the beauty finally fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was an anxiously bright morning as Jimmy Carson quietly swore at the light invading his peaceful sleep. His room was located downstairs like all of the other servants of the house. Luckily his room was conveniently close to the kitchen. Gwen wasn't going to be awake for at least a couple hours, which meant he was still a free man until then. With the great effort of a lazy man, he rolled himself out of bed and wandered out.

Breakfast wouldn't be ready just yet but there was always orange juice to hold him over. After fetching a glass from the restaurant sized kitchen, he headed to the main dinning room, simply because he liked the view of the backyard from that room. Jimmy let out a large yawn as he scratched him tummy. The giant of a man wore a pair of old, worn in pajama bottoms and a tank-top. Gratified all over his arms were sprawling, colorful tattoos. There was hardly any of his original skin tone visible. "Hm?" He glanced back, seeing a a flash of the familiar uniform. For a moment he though it was Gwen until he noticed the brown hair and short stature. "What are you doing up so early?" He asked, not really caring about the answer.

Cori jumped as Carson's voiced came from behind her.

"Oh, the sun decided to shine into my eyes, so I figured I should just get up now rather then wait." As she stood up out of her chair, she turned and looked at Mr. Carson and jumped as she saw all the tattoos covering him. Come to think of it, she had never seen him in anything less then business attire. "Where'd you get all the tattoos from?" She asked curiously, resisting the urge to trace the lines and whatnot. She had a feeling Mr. Carson was not a touchy feely man.

Mr. Carson looked down at his arm then back at her. "I got them in a bunch of different places actually." The man gave an odd half smirk half frown as he tried to recall all the different shops and people's garages. "An old buddy of mine gave me this one when I was 15. " He ran his fingers across the image of a snarling pitbull. "They use to call me mad dog back then." He moved on, stating one after another, each one seemed to have some kind of shady story behind it that he wasn't speaking of.

He turned slightly, so Cori could see his other arm more clearly as he started to list off bits of broken war stories, all vague but dangerous sounding. Finally, he pointed to a tattoo of a pair of handcuffs with Gwen's name twisted, along with the name Emily. "I bet you can't guess why I got this tattoo." The man gave a slight smile, it looked broken. It was a crippled smile that suffered too many years of sadness to fake properly.

Cori's eye's steadily followed his hand as he retraced each and every tattoo, finding that as he finished each story she just had more questions to ask. However, it was the final one that really caught her off guard.

"Uhm..." her mind was blank as to what they could possibly mean. "They're the only two girls who ever got you into a pair of handcuffs?" She gave a sheepish smile, hoping she hadn't insulted him.

He let out a small chuckle. "That's very close actually. Emily was my sister." He kept his face reasonably calm but there was emotions bubbling under those stoic eyes. "We didn't have a good childhood growing up, like you, our father had a drinking problem...and just about every other problem too. I joined into a gang before I was even out of middle school. My sister 'dated' a lot...I didn't like it. I wanted at least one of us to come out of that shit hole a decent person but she kept dating these assholes because they spoiled her with stuff and compliments." He took a sip of his juice and sat down at the table. He ran his hand through his dark locks. His fingers were slightly distorted from years of fighting."

I don't know if you watched the news much but it was a pretty hot topic at the time. It was almost 10 years ago now...My sister was dating this real bastard....She was only 16 and the guy was almost thirty." It took him a moment before he could finish. "Emily got pregnant with his baby. After she told him...."His voice was just barely shaking as he recalled the horrors of his past, his eyes were as cold as a dead man's. "He took her into the woods, then raped and killed her."

"The Name Jimmy Carson doesn't ring any bells for you? They had my face all over the TV screen because of what I did to him. No one ever talked about my sister. She was just another stupid girl. My motive, but never as a real person.

He looked over at the girl, knowing he made more than likely scared her. "You remind me a little of myself back when I was younger. You're hot blooded and stubborn but you care about your sister. "

The color drained from her face as Carson relayed the story. She did have a vague inklings of a memory when her mother forbade her and her sister to leave the house without her, the strange man on the TV that people were yelling about... she let out a small "Oh." and continued to sit in numb silence for a moment, unable to think of any reply. What the hell do you say to that? But then she realized he had left a part out.

"But... Why do you have Gwen's name as well?" Her voice was a bit squeaky, as she was a bit in aw/terror of the other man.

"Oh." The man moved past his skeletons and back to the reason for the girl's name. "Gwen watches the news a lot so when she heard the story she researched about me. Found out about my sister and my less than perfect past. I'm sure you've figured out that Gwen isn't the most trusting person so she never trusted any of her bodyguards. She always thought that they would protect their own lives over her...that's why she tracked me down. I was convicted, sentenced to death and I had nothing to look forward too."

He let a humored smile tickle the corner of his lips. "I'm sure you can imagine it. I'm sitting there, sitting on the john, and this per-pubescent girl barges into my cell and tells me I'm going home with her. This girl looked like she should be playing dolls with her friends or something but no. She wanted a convicted murder. I wasn't given a bail...she bribed to state in order to own my life. I had nothing, so she knew I wouldn't run away. I was in jail for killing the man that killed my sister, so she knew I was loyal."

"So, emily was the girl that put me in cuffs, and Gwen was the one that got me out of them. Ever since then my life as belonged to her."

Cori stared in mild shock. She wasn't sure why, but she hadn't imagined that Gwen had always had this kind of personality. She let out a small giggle as the image came to mind.
"I think I would've thought I was hallucinating." she said smiling. "That's just... I can't believe... I'm... I wish I knew a better word then sorry. I can't imagine life without my sister, much less one like that..." In the midst of Carson's storytelling, she had begun to wring her hands tightly, and realized she and squeezed too tightly on the injured one. She would most likely have to change the bandages mid-day now. She sat there silently, just letting it soak in, watching as maids passed around them. She started to follow their coming and going with her eyes, when a question that had been nagging her since she first came to the house come forth. "Carson...Where is Gwen's parents? I feel like I've seen all the rooms, but I haven't seen so much as a hint that anyone but you, her, and the servants live here..." She said slowly, studying his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom