Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Artifact (DriveMeCrazy & skydive78)

S

skydive78

The National Gallery of England on Londons Trafalgar square was busy as always, crouds wandered around the cavernous building, gazing at works by Monet, Piccaso, VanGough and Constable. Works of all the worlds greatest artists were housed here, but Dr Lukas Stone had eyes for only one small sketch almost hidden away in a corner. The work was atributed to an Italian artist who had been a student of DaVinci, and depicted a Venice waterway. It was good, very good but Lukas wanted the canvas not the paint, the gallery had refused his request to examine the work when he could not or would not tell them why he wanted it. It seemed that his reputation as a brilliant but odd historian would not open all doors. His conviction was absolute, he needed that sketch, and the only way he could now get it was to steal it. However he knew his skills and theft was not one of them, he had never stolen a penny sweet let alone from a high security environment, he needed help.
Later as he sat in a nearby cafe, he was almost in despair. He had found a forger to make a copy of the sketch, it was important that no-one knew it had been stolen for as long as possible, he suspected others were searching too. How does someone go about recruiting a person who could pull a job like this?

It had come down through the grapevine about a forgery being made of a painting for a certain professor, and while it wasn't her regular profession she often did the odd job here and there that revolved around this sort of thing. What made it interesting was the fact this man wanted a painting from a lesser artist in the same gallery, and while she knew of the painting and how good it was it only made her question more. When there were priceless painting in the National Gallery, why did he want this one? Anyone that knew Eclair knew she couldn't stay away when something was curiously delicious.

So getting as much information on the name as possible was almost to easy, some historian who was known to be somewhat capricious. What was he up to? After days of gathering information she would find out today. Hair dyed blonde, deep blue contacts in. She wore a strapless white and black plaid dress that was made to show off her legs, with black high heels. She confidently made her way over to the table where the man was seated. Putting on a french accent she leaned in to talk to him." My apologies, but may I sit with you? I absolutely hate sitting alone, and you look like you could use some company yourself? s'il vous plaît? " She asked please in the foreign language, trying to make it look as much like a come on as possible, giving off a coy smile in an attempt to allure the man.

Lukas looked up at the woman, a little startled he was so lost in his own thoughts. She was stunningly beautiful with deep blue eyes and wearing a dress more suited to the catwalk than a cafe. "Please do" he stammered as he gestured to the chair opposite him. He watched her gracefully sit down in fluid movements, momentarily he forgot his worries.

Eclair's every move was simple and subtle, graceful like a dancer. She took her place across from him. Ordering a Vanilla Coffee for herself, and offering to get him whatever he wanted. She leaned forward to offer her hand." I'm Eclair. Thank you for allowing me the pleasure of sitting with you, Sir. " Flashing another soft smile, she would wait a moment before she went on the attack, currently stalking her prey before the pounce. " I hope I am not interrupting anything. "

Lukas took her delicate hand and shook it. "I'm Lukas, and really no need to thank me" He suddenly felt very scruffy in his crumpled suit next to her polished beauty. "you're not interupting anything, I was quite lost in my thoughts" he continued "so what brings you to London?, your not local i'm guessing by your delightful accent?"

She shook his hand lightly, pulling her hand back and sitting them in her lap." Well Lukas it is a pleasure to meet you." Scooting to lean back to cross one leg over the other." Yes sir! I am actually here to view the Local art! I absolutely adore it. And I was planning on taking a trip to the The National Gallery here soon. There is a particular piece I was told I absolutely had to see! A portrait of Venice by a student of DaVinci himself!" She sounded extremely enthusiastic about the painting. Slowly making her move, but if doing so in public would this man over react or would she need to do this privately? But going private could be to dangerous if he reacted the wrong way. She had to be smart about this.

He watched her cross her beautifully long shapely legs and wasn't really concentrating on what she was saying. It took a moment for him to realise the significance of what she was saying, when he did, he nearly dropped his coffee. Mouth agape he stared at her "what?" he asked

She let it sink in, watching him twist a bit as her eyes watched the coffee fall. " My sir! Did I say something to upset? " She leaned in to take a napkin from the table to dab at some of the mess. " I did not mean to say something unwanted. I was merely talking about a painting.." She leaned in more, to whisper now as her hand moved to her purse to make a grab for her pistol dare he try something." A painting you are after. And that I may obtain for the proper fee." She smirked, waving the waitress over to put a small pause on things to let him think while the waitress cleaned up the mess. The game was beginning.

His mind reeled, what was this beautiful stranger saying? The waitress attention to the table was enough diversion to give him some thinking time. When she had left he leaned in to speak quietly with her. "What exactly are you saying miss?" He was more than a little alarmed with a hundred questions but he opted to start with that.

Eclair leaned in to look the man in the eye. With the waitress gone she spoke freely but quietly, taking her chair she moved it around the table to get close to the man. Moving her body close to his ,sitting only on half her chair and half on his lap. Making her seem flirtatious and while it would draw attention it would only make it look like a frisky couple getting close in public." Ah. Mon Ami. I know what it is you desire. As what you have had made does not escape attention. Do not worry sir. Very few know, but I know the man well. " She spoke quietly, speaking of the forger. She rose a hand up to stroke his cheek, further playing the public face. " If you would prefer, we can continue in private. But if you prefer to not get anywhere with your plan I will leave. No questions asked."She leaned whispering to his ear now lying sweetly, she was to curious to just walk away.

Lukas was in mild shock, all his sences reeled, he was concerned that others knew about the artifact he sought, could he trust her? Had his forger been compromised? Was he in mortal danger right now, then again what if she could get him what he wanted so badly, could he be so lucky?
He was also very aware of her fingers on his skin and her body pressed against his, he was having a physical responce to this enigmatic beauty. He knew he had to be careful, his urges had cost him greatly in the past, including loosing his coveted position of an oxford university lecturer, however being aware he must be careful and actually being cool was something he had never really mastered!
Eventually he spoke "I think we should talk more, but before we leave the safety of witnesses, tell me who sent you?"

She could see him racking his brain over it, she had him in the corner and she knew it. So he would either bite or give in. A smile crossed her lips when he finally began to question, putting an arm on each of his shoulders to pull herself close, had to keep up appearances still." Dr. Stone, I assure you no one sent me. I am very good at my job. And every painter needs supplies for their work. I just happen to take a peek and see, what it was. " she slid a hand down his chest slowly, teasing. "And with a few drinks in them, there are few men who can resist giving me what I want. " Along with threats and other such things that she could use to get information on others, she just happen to know that particular forger, and knew how to push his buttons.

Stone gasped as she slid her hand down his chest over his crumpled shirt. She was so alluring that he knew even if she was here to do him harm, he wanted to go with her anyway. He paused, if she was the answer to his prayer then he would be a fool not to hear her. "I have an appartment not far from here, i'll feel happy talking there, i'm not the only person who wants the painting, will you come and i'll hear your proposal?" He was a scholar not a spy, it had never crossed his mind his small flat may be bugged or watched, he knew there was competitition for the artifact but had no idea who they were or what they'd be capable or prepared to do.

She leaned forward pressing her body close to his, her breast pressing close to his chest. Her lips pressing to his cheek before she slid off his lap." Then lead the way handsome. " winking, she slid money from her purse onto the table, plus a tip. " My treat since I caused you to spill your drink. " Now all she had to do was get him alone, giving her a better chance to get all the information about what was going on.

Dr Stone was mentally andphysically fascinated by Eclair. He led her out of the cafe ando quickly hailed a cab. He opened the door for her and watched her climb into the big black hansom, once again admiring her long slender legs. He instructed the cabbie and in silence traveled to his place near the river, it was an expensive place to live but money never concerned him, his family was very wealthy. He led Eclair up. He offered her a seat and drink, he didn't know what to say or information to surrender, he hoped to learn about her, but he doubted he'd get much truth.

Eclair rode in silence leaving him to his thoughts, it made it easier for her if he worked himself down. She grinned everytime she caught him staring at her legs, she didn't mind the attention. When at his apartment she took him up on the drink " Anything is fine. " Finding herself a comfortable place to sit she relaxed herself, making herself at home. " Dr.Stone I will be frank, I can get you what you want easily and replace it with the forgery. But whatever your doing I want in. The painting you want isn't nearly as valuable as others in the gallery, and you already have money. I have gathered a lot of info on you and the painting, but none it makes sense to why you would want it instead of the Davinci it sits beside. So be completely open with me and I will be completely open with you." she spoke in a sultry tone. She would be as honest and open as he wanted her to be as long as he extended her the same courtesy.

He thought for a while before taking a seat next to her, he let out a long sigh and began. " I believe that the painting contains a clue to the whereabouts of an ancient artifact of huge value, the artist was believed to be a member of a group tasked with keeping it safe. I may be wrong but it is my only lead, and I know I'm not alone in seeking it. Do you still want to help? It's a very thin theory" he looked at her expectantly.

Eclair had to stop and ponder for a moment. With others looking for it that would defiantly make things interesting, and sheI was quite capable of handling herself. Now the real problem was the validity of the theory. " Well we will not know unless we try, and only way to find out is with that painting,correct? Then I shall get you the painting. " she smiled leaning against the couch, looking at him. " But if this turns into a wild goose chase. " leaning in towards him now, a hand reaching up to glide across his cheek." Your gonna owe me big. So pray its not."

Her tone was not threatening but there was a cold determination in her deep blue eyes that told him more than words. He paused a moment before saying "I can pay you well to perform the switch, but I can't say where it will lead or even if it will?" His mind then, as it often did, flicked to another topic "guards, how do you intend to distract the guard? Each of the rooms in the gallery has a guard, I really don't want anybody to get hurt"

Again Eclair thought about it. " I will do it. And we shall just see where it takes us. " A confident smile graced her lips when he spoke of the guards."I have that covered as well. Thw guards won't pose a problem. Now how about we share a drink in cleberation of our new partnership?" She proposed, once more crossing a leg over the other, her eyes wondering over him several different thoughts going through her mind.

Once more when she crossed her long legs he was momentarily distracted. Lukas got up and poured two large scotches "I'm afraid this single malt is all i have, i rarely have visitors these days" he handed her the drink and proposed a toast "to a successful partnership!" He felt as if a weight had been lifted, rightly or wrongly he now had a partner and it felt good.

She took the drink elegantly. His selection being the only thing he had put a small damper on it but she would make do. She is held the glass to his toast" To a very succusful partnership." She spoken with a mischevious smirk, the glass reaching her lips allowing the beverage to push itself through. Standing up she once more got up to make her move, she stood beside him dragging a finger along his shoulder. "And to seal the deal,a kiss." Her trademark, among other things, but it weaked a lot of men in her favor. Putting her on a personal level, and possibly in control, or maybe just setting the game pieces in her favor. She let a hand take on his neck to pullhim back, allowing her to step in, her lips quickly going to dominate his own, producing a long hard kiss upon him before breaking off, a smirk gracing her lips. " Sealed."

The kiss, and the forcefully nature of it really threw him. He wasn't good understanding women at the best of times, and this woman was someone really extraordinary. Eclair was beautiful, obviously Inteligent, forceful, confident and something in her eyes, her beautiful deep blue eyes, led him to believe that crossing her would be a huge error. He pondered a moment, he was shocked by the kiss but he certainly enjoyed it, she smirked at him, should he kiss her again? God knows he wanted to, but he was baffled!

She simply left him with the one kiss before returning to her seat, once more taking up her drink allowing the glass to grace her lips again. Anything he wanted she would make him go for it. She had sealed the deal between them. And any other moves made, she would see if he was man enough for it. It was her trademark after all. The woman had been all over the world and done many different things. It was what made life interesting, now she had rolled the dice on this man to see if he would be as interesting.

Back
Top Bottom