Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Heart Won't Lie [XxMoonlightRomancexX + Atlas Cruz]

It was about the middle of the morning on a cold Friday in February and Roxanne was inside one of the local coffee shops, sitting at a table by the windows. As her bright Emerald Green eyes looked out the window, watching as the snow fell from the sky. She had always loved the snow and the cold, despite the fact that most people hated it. She didn't even mind driving in it. As she sat there looking out the window, admiring the sight before her as the snow fell, her hands were wrapped around a mug that contained her usual drink on Winter mornings like this: Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha.

After several minutes of sitting there, sipping at her hot drink as she watched the snow fall Roxy sat her mug down on the table and picked up the Cinnamon Chip Scone sitting on a napkin that she had also purchased. These two things were her usual on cold, snowy days like this. After finishing the baked good after ten minutes or so had passed Roxanne reached into her computer bag which was sitting in the chair beside her along with her purse and pulled out her notebook. She sat it on the table, opening it up and pushing in until it lit up, indicating it was turning on. As it powered up Roxanne pulled out her cell phone from her jean pocket. She turned on the screen to see that the time read "9:47 A.M.". She then slid it back into her pocket and waited for the computer to completely turn on.

As she waited she ran her fingers through her long, curly Chocolate colored hair, sighing as allowed her mind to wander. She couldn't help but think of Masahiro. Even though she hadn't seen him in almost three years now, she thought about him every day and found herself regretting never telling him of the romantic feelings she had formed for him. She would never get the chance now, as far as she saw it. She had let him go so that he could chase his dream and they rarely even talked anymore. In fact, it had been close to a year since they talked last. Today she wore a pair of jeans with a pair of black sneakers. On the top half of her body was a black trench coat that stopped at just past her hips and under that was a "Bon Jovi" t-shirt. In her ears were a pair of small silver hoops.

Now, Masahiro liked the cold. His nickname, Kuma, was earned by this. But when his friends lock their keys in their car, and a locksmith would not be there for 5 hours, because of the weather, he was somewhat pissed off. He decided to go someplace to warm up, as his generosity of tolerance towards his friends was gone. He walked into the nearest shelter he could find, a Coffee shop, and tried to get the snow off of himself.

"Christ, its cold out there..."

He brushed as much of the snow that he could off of himself, picked up what he could, and threw it into the nearby trash can. He then walked up to the counter, and ordered a large coffee, to warm up. Taking a seat at the table next to her, he began to relax, shutting his eyes. A hearty sigh passes from between his lips.

He missed his hometown, and was excited to come back. It had been 3 years since he was last there. He left to start a band, but that fell through about 4 months ago, so he decided to go home. He missed the place, and the people in it. Especially one of his closer female friends, Roxanne. She was a blessing to him, and was very eager to see her again. But, when he checked on her parent's house, where she grew up with him, only a few streets down, she apparently had moved out. A bit disappointing, he was heading home before his friends decided to try and freeze him for 5 hours.

When Masahiro had walked in, Roxy's eyes had been focused on the computer screen, trying to find out what she sure was certain. She logged onto the school's website to find that all classes for the day were canceled. She couldn't help but smile to herself. It meant that she could be out enjoying the snow rather than stuck in classes all day. With that done Roxanne powered down her computer and she waited for it to shut down. She then put the computer away and leaned back in her chair, picking up her mug and beginning to sip at drink that was about half way gone.

Roxanne had paused in her drinking although her hands were still wrapped around the mug as her eyes scanned the coffee shop. This was when she saw him taking a seat at the table next to her. Sure, she hadn't seen him in years but she had never forgotten him. Roxanne's eyes remained on him as he shut his eyes and he let out a hearty sigh, she was almost afraid that if she looked away he would be gone. Roxy then decided she would see if he remembered her like she remembered him. "Kuma, is that you?" She asked, loud enough so that he could hear her over the morning crowd in the shop and as she waited for an answer she bit her lip nervously. What if he didn't remember her?

He was close to falling asleep when he heard his old moniker called out by a woman. He took a second to realize it, and slowly opened his eyes to look towards who spoke. He was clearly taken aback by the sight he saw.

The facial structure, the hair, the eyes, the lips, nothing seemed to change on her over the years. They were more mature, sure, but still looked the same generally. He matched face to name, and muttered it silently with a bewildered look on its face.

"Roxy?"

Roxanne's eyes hadn't left him and even when he slowly opened his eyes she was looking right at him. She could tell he had almost fallen asleep and when he laid eyes on her she could see the confusion on his face. When he finally said her name she couldn't really hear him speak, due to the crowd but she saw his lips mutter it. "Yes, it's me." She said with a nod, fighting to keep her emotions in check as they threatened to overtake her. In a matter of minutes she had gone from missing her best friend and feeling as if she would never so much as hear from him again, to feeling perhaps she hadn't lost her chance to tell him how she truly felt.

Roxanne then slid the silver dragon ring off of her thumb and sat up straight before leaning over and placing it on the table in front of him. "Just in case you think you're seeing things that's the ring you gave me for my birthday our Senior year. Although I assure you, you aren't seeing things." She said with a smile. If he were to look at the ring he would see it was the silver dragon ring he had given her and she still had to wear it on her thumb because it was a little too big. "So, if I remember right I gave you my blessing in going off to chase that dream of starting a band, so what in the world are you doing back here?" She asked, her tone a joking one.

"Hah, wow... Never thought you would keep that thing for long. Well, the band thing went well for a while, but it kinda fell through a few months back after our drummer OD'd on meth and passed away...I'm just lucky that I didnt fall into that stuff...So, since then, we decided to disband, and I came home."

He leaned forward to rest his arms on the table and met her eyes directly.

"You know I've kept every gift you've give me." She said with a smiled. "No matter how crappy you think your gifts are." Roxanne added before leaning over and picking the ring back up before sliding it onto her thumb. "I'm sorry to hear about your drummer, though and that your band decided to split up." Roxy said, as glad as she was to have him back, Roxy would have gone the rest of her life missing him and wandering what might have been if he knew her feelings for him if it meant he achieved his dream of having a successful band. "Masahiro, if you would have gotten into that stuff or any other drug for that matter, and I found out about it I would have hunted you down and kicked your ass myself." She playfully threatened, despite the serious topic of drugs. "I am glad you are home, though. You have no clue how much I missed you." She said before leaning back in her chair once more as he leaned forward to rest his arms on the table, his gaze meeting her's and as their eyes met she was certain he could see the loving way in which she was looking at him.

"Hahah! Really? I'd like to see the amazing gifts youve given me, young lady!"

He laughed a bit more, than his smile slowly faded as the conversation continued.

"Yeah...I really liked playing music the guys, but things change, so I just have to adapt, find a job, and settle down."

The topic of drugs came up, and he began to laugh again.

"Of course not. I know what they do. It would be fun, but it would impede the progress of my musical talent."

He heard her heartfelt words and smiled genuinely.

"I missed you too hun. God only knows how much i've missed you."

Once their eyes met once again, and she looked at him with that look of love, and it stopped him cold. He just couldnt look away from her, like his eyes were locked with hers, and he just couldnt get enough.

"I have one "amazing gift" for you at my place. I saw it at a shop a few weeks ago and it's totally something you'll love. But before you ask, no, I'm not going to tell you what it is." She said, shaking her head at him, proving she still knew him just as well as she had back in high school. "You wouldn't want to mess with that musical talent and I have a feeling it wouldn't be too much fun when I would be kicking your ass, Kuma." Roxanne added, unable to keep from smiling at his last statement. Then, as he stared into his eyes, stopped by the look of love within her's Roxanne dazed from being able to look into his eyes again after so many years. After a few seconds she brought herself to look down, breaking their eye contact. "S...Sorry.." She said nervously before looking up at him again, although she was unsure what she was apologizing for.

"Well then, maybe we should head back to your place. You doing anything soon?"

He smiled at her, his playful, flirty nature that he used on the road starting to show itself. He used it less than often, but didnt mind it, as it got him a lot when he was on the road. He laughed a bit, and began speaking once more.

"Ive told you before, millions of times, dont apologize for things you dont have any fault with."

"I'm supposed to meet up with Mom and Dad later, but not until around six or so, so I'm free pretty much all day." She said, her voice now having a nervous tone to it, despite her trying to hide it from him. When he smiled at her she smiled back weakly at him, her attempt in acting as if nothing was bothering her. As his playful, flirty nature began to reveal itself Roxanne began to wonder if he had seen the way she was looking at him and if he had why he hadn't said anything about it to her yet. "Since when do I listen to you and I can assure you I have faults with everything." She said, her tone no longer joking and playful as it had been before. She looked down again, looking at the drink in her hands rather than up at him and as she did she wouldn't be shocked if she would soon feel his hand under her chin, gently lifting her head up so she had to look at him and saw his mouth moving as he demanded to know what was on her mind.

"Hey, Hey, Hey! No need to go all Tsundere on me! Seriously, whats wrong?"

He slid his hand on top of hers, gripping it gently. He moved closer to her, drastically reducing their proximity.

"Tell me. Whats with the mood shift?"

As she could feel his hand slip over her's so that it rested on top and felt him gripping it gently she looked at him him, watching as he moved closer. Roxy moved her hands to the table and sat her mug down on the table before returning her hand so that it was under his. She shook her head when he asked what was wrong and paused for a moment before speaking but she didn't deny anything was wrong like she would have normally done. "Are you sure you want to know, Kuma?" She asked, her Emerald eyes looking up into his as she spoke; the same loving look in her's as she looked into his eyes. "And just so you know, it's not really something that's wrong. More like something that I'm scared if I tell you... I'll lose you." She admitted.

"Something like words would never cause you to lose me, ever. Hun, you can tell me anything."

He leaned his head in a bit more, trying to quietly enforce his point. To him, nothing between her and him had changed trustwise, so he was somewhat confused as to why she was afraid to tell him something.

As he leaned into her a bit more Roxanne's eyes never broke their gaze with his but despite his words and him being so close to her she seemed hesitant to tell him. She took a deep breath and looked away from him and down at the table as she spoke. "Kuma... What if I said I had feelings for you; romantic feelings?" She asked, her voice a normal volume this time but she was obviously extremely nervous still. As she waited for an answer from him she gently pulled her hand away from his and bit her bottom lip. Before she heard his response she half expected to feel his hand under her chin and for it to gently lift her head up so she had to look up at him. "Forget it..." She said, before he had the chance to reply. "I shouldn't have said anything..."

"No..."

He moved his free hand to her face, taking her chin in his hand and forcing her to look him in the eye.

"Well, I would have to say that your feelings are mutual."

As he moved his free hand to her face, taking her chin and gently lifting her head up Roxanne tried to struggle against him at first but found that his grip was firm and that he was letting go. By the time she was looking into his eyes again, her struggling had ceased. When he finally spoke she found herself shocked. "Masahiro, please don't joke like that..You deserve far better than I could ever be as a girlfriend." She said, clearly at first thinking he was saying this as some kind of joke. Roxanne really didn't believe that he could possibly have the same feelings for her.

"Obviously I think you are good enough, otherwise I wouldn't tell you this. I care for you soo much, Roxy. I....I've always loved you, since before I left..."

He pulled her face towards his gently, and kissed her gently.

Roxanne was ready to reply to his statement when he gently pulled his her face to his gently. When their lips met in a kiss any formed thoughts of what she planned on saying to him seemed to disappear. Hell, any thoughts about anything besides the two of them faded from her mind as they became unimportant. As they kissed Roxanne closed her eyes as she returned his kiss with a gentle and loving one of her own, one of her hands moving to rest gently on the back of his neck as they kissed.

After several long moments of kissing Roxanne pulled back just enough so the two of them could catch their breath and as she caught her breath she looked into his eyes, feeling a sudden sense of relief that she found in knowing that her feelings no longer had to be hidden from Masahiro. "My Kuma..." She began once she managed to catch her breath. "I've missed you so much. You have no idea how hard letting you go truly was; I never dreamed that I'd get the chance to tell you how I felt" She said at a volume just loud enough for him to hear her over the crowd as she removed her hand from his neck and reached down to take his hand. Now she was oblivious to the crowd that still filled the small coffee shop; all she was aware of was Masahiro and her.

Hearing her state her pain of him leaving, and how she returned the kiss that they shared seemed to make something kick into the mind of young Masa. It was a different feeling than he had ever felt before when he was on the road. He didn't know how to describe it, but didn't want to call it deep, true love, but it was love allright. He moved so they were sitting next to eachother, and kissed her cheek again.

"I understand Roxy. It was extremely difficult to let you go...Know now, however, that as long as the hardy machine that is my heart continues to turn its gears, I solemnly promise you, on my music, that I will never leave your side again...Lets get out of here. I don't think a busy coffee shop is a good place to show romantic feelings to each other."

He stated this with a slight chuckle, flashing her a smile and a wink that used to make his band's fangirls swoon.

As he kissed her cheek she smiled, her hand not letting go of his. "Kuma, should the opportunity for your music present itself again I could never ask you to pick me over it." Roxanne said before nodding in agreement when he suggested they go somewhere else, for now leaving the topic of his music alone. If the chance for him to pursue it once more presented itself, they could talk about it then. "Why don't we head over to my apartment like we had planned?" She asked with a smile, his own smile making her heart melt. As she waited for an answer from him about where he would like to go Roxy happily sat there holding his hand.

"That sounds wonderful. Do you have a car? This weather would be miserable to walk in."

He gripped her hand a bit more, and pulled it to his chest.

"Of course, as long as you are by my side, cold weather means nothing to me."

"Yeah, I have a car. Did you not see the that Indigo Camaro parked outside? That's my baby." She said, unable to keep herself from smiling as her cheek turned red with a blush at his next words. "Kuma, I love you." She said before leaning in and kissing him on the lips. She let the kiss last for a few seconds before pulling back. When she did she let go of his hand long enough to get stand from the table and put her laptop bag over her shoulder before offering him her hand. "Ready to go, love?" She asked with a smile.

"Oooh. Someone has some money." He smiled as well, finding that her smile was an infection, when she is happy, he seemed to be.

"I love you too Roxanne." He met her lips gently, falling into the electricity that shot down his spine when he felt her kiss him back.

He took her hand gently, and pulled himself out of his chair. He squeezed her hand gently once.

"I'm ready. Lets get out of here."

"Dad bought it for me as a birthday present." She explained before watching him pull himself out of the chair as he took her hand. As he squeezed her hand, she smiled, using her free hand to get her keys out of her coat pocket. She then lead him outside to where her car was parked. She then unlocked the car and opened the drivers side door, putting her bag in the back. "I assume since you don't know where I currently live that I'm driving." She teased, climbing into the car and reaching across, opening the passenger side door for him. As she waited for him to get in she stuck the keys in the ignition and started the car.

Back
Top Bottom