Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mastrubation: Good or Bad?

Datenshi

Super-Earth
Okay, I know know if this topic is too risque for here or not, so I'm sorry if it is and will not have hard feelings if someone deletes this. Just to get that out of the way.

Back to my original thoughts; I've been wondering quite a bit of stuff that flies around about mastrubation. Some people say it's perfectly normal, some say it's good for you, and others say it's very, very bad for you.

So which is it? And are there way that you should do it? Ways you shouldn't? Are some ways better than others?

I want to know what you guys think.

It is fantastic. Anyone that disagrees needs to masturbate more often.
Do it the ways that feel good.
Do not do it the ways that do not feel good.
/thread

Its actually really good for you, especially women, sex is better though, it releases more hormones. If you can achieve orgasm through sex that is. Since i have gotten pregnant i haven't masturbated much, because i haven't talked to an ob yet to see if it is okay for me to do so or not, but before i got pregnant I did it at least once a week.

Some people think it is bad because it dulls the nerves heads that give you orgasms, which it can, but if you think about it, isn't that a good thing? Especially in men, if they nerves are dulled wouldn't it take longer to orgasm during intercourse? Other people say masturbation is bad because of religious reasons. I am a Wiccan, and we celebrate sexual exploration, so i don't know everything when it comes to that. I know there are a lot of people who think its gross, that's why they wont do it. Masturbation does not make you go blind, unless you have to bang your head against a wall to get off, but that could do more then just make you blind. Also, i highly doubt that masturbation kills kittens. The only time i have found that masturbation is harmful is if you are in a high risk pregnancy, the convulsions of the vagina during orgasm could terminate the pregnancy.

I think anything that makes you feel good, that isn't harming you or other people should be embraced not shamed.

Pony, when I was preggo (both times), I masturbated like a fiend AND had sex like a fiend. My appetite for both is already pretty healthy, but the libido was nutso during that time for me. Especially during the third trimester. During my third trimester, I'd get the urge sooo badly that I'd masturbate in public, albeit quite discreetly. But, it was in public nonetheless. Hell, I even did it while driving around some times.... >.<

So yeah. Unless you're in a seriously high risk situation for pregnancy, you should be more than fine. I know I was..... >.>

Holy balls, I didn't think I was the only Mom here - nice to know there are other pretty ladies like me! So, anyways... I wasn't able to reach orgasm during intercourse UNTIL I got pregnant. (DA, I know exactly what you're talking about... I was insatiable.) Before that I was masturbating like a fiend, anyways. It's been almost two years since I had my daughter and I haven't had sex since... It still hurts if I try to use two fingers, I guess because of the healing and re-tightening of everything..? Which has me curious as to how the rumor was started of women being loose after pregnancy?! For me it's been the opposite and it's driving me crazy. ...So anyways... I mostly just do clitoral stimulation for now. Generally I do it once a day - can't help myself.​

The hurty/too tightness could be from scar tissue. Have you said something to your doc? [Wouldn't really know since not a mommy]

But I love masturbating. <3 It's the best thing for me, at least that's how it has been so far. With sex being both iffy and boring [most of the time] playing with myself was easiest and more gratifying.

My boyfriend is making me question that though. And he hasn't even taken my shirt off or tried getting into my pants. x_X

I masturbate a good bit. I do it more than I prolly should, but I can't help myself. >>

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
The hurty/too tightness could be from scar tissue. Have you said something to your doc? [Wouldn't really know since not a mommy]

But I love masturbating. <3 It's the best thing for me, at least that's how it has been so far. With sex being both iffy and boring [most of the time] playing with myself was easiest and more gratifying.

My boyfriend is making me question that though. And he hasn't even taken my shirt off or tried getting into my pants. x_X

I've been to my OB/GYN and stuff since then. I asked about it and she said nothing looked wrong just that I have "really compact muscles". I kinda lol'd to myself.

I'm sure once I find that person I'll suck it up... Just not going to do it myself. d:

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
You probably might just need extra lube. And possibly try taking a warm bath to loosen up those muscles. Not sure, but it might help.

Yea, the lube thing will probably help. I've taken several baths in the last two years, didn't do much good.

It's all good. I deal well enough!

Zalvek said:
Maybe try using Epsom salt as well in the baths could help?

I'm so glad everyone is showing concern for my vagina! <3 You guys are the best.

I already salt-soak my boobies... I don't want to sit in it too! (Nipple piercings, because I know it would've been asked.)

I feel it neccssary to post this image here.

cool-hand-matt-meme-generator-no-lube-i-m-going-in-dry-e8b46e.JPG

If I asked that around at home, I'd get sooo much shit about how I'm damning myself in the eyes of God.

Thankfully, I live alone, so I can do whatever the hell I want. <3

Depends really... morally, nothing wrong with it.

But for cases like my boyfriend... it takes its toll on your sex life. I've never really spoken about this to anyone before, and since he knows no one here, I will just say it here. He is ALWAYS playing with himself. When I'm not at his house he masturbates at least once a day. And when I am at his house... he is always in his boxers and always touching and playing with himself. Incidentally... for the first couple months of our sex life, he had a hard time finishing. We'd eventually give up. Sometimes he'd roll off of me, or I'd roll off of him, and he'd start wailing on himself, trying to get his finish, and usually it'd take him awhile to finish that way, but that was usually the way he'd finish.

Then summer came and I started staying at his house more. More of me = less alone time to masturbate. And that's when he started to be able to finish. I think its because he didn't have as much alone time so he had some built up urges which some I feel he should have been saving for me.

If you masturbate too often, I think it can condition your arousal so that you can only get off that way, or it may be more difficult in other ways, such as sex.

My theory still stands because right now my living condition is a week at my house, a week at his, and when I first get to his house for the week, he never finishes via sex, but by the end of the week, he is able to finish via sex :rolleyes:

I think that's more of him not having enough sex before you came around and him being more focused on playing with his junk. [Just saying, if I had a dick....lots of play time. <.<] But I know my boyfriend doesn't really do that. We aren't having sex or anything, but he was honest and said he rarely masturbates and says teasing me gets him off metaphorically. WHICH makes me blush insanely. >.>

But I dunno. I masturbate a lot because it makes it easier for me to function during the day than think, "Well fuck, I can't do that now," all day.

:D I guess I don't really know much about the whole masturbation thing outside of speaking for myself. (I've never had a boyfriend and am too chicken to talk about it with my own friends.) So it's cool to see what you guys think.

I just know that I've been doing it since I was relatively young after discovering that it helped me sleep. I had a lot of insomnia issues as a kid, but didn't want to tell my mom. Still do from time to time, but it has gotten better. But I didn't really know what I was doing until about two or three years back.

Funny how that works out, really. :p

Sometimes, I will get with my lady friend and we will fuck to the point that I have a shakingly good orgasm. And then when I get home, I masturbate. @_@

I guess the masturbation pattern differs for each person, and the only way to get your answer is to do some experiments yourself ;)

I masturbate a few times a week. Have an active sex life with my soon-to-be wife, and all is good. Hell, sometimes I'll jerk off several hours before we have sex, and It'll be nearly impossible for me to orgasm, so she'll have a ton of orgasms before I'm even NEAR ready, so, in that case, masturbation is still a plus. It's also just good stress relief.

Back
Top Bottom