Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cursed (jena x guitarfan28)

"He is pretty dark. But I like that about how he writes. Not everything is fairy tales and rainbows. Not every story should have a happy ever after..." He sets the book down on the stand by the chair. He watched her stand up and smiled with pride when he saw her smile as well. He rose from his chair and headed over to her to let her lean on him if she needed as they out of the bedroom and down to the dinning room.

They walk through a long hallway will many doors on either side. Most of the doors are closed except the one to the bathroom. He reached the stairs and moved slowly not to go too fast for Kierra. "Poe is a favorite author. My all time favorite is Harlen Coben. He writes suspense/thrillers. What about you? Or what do you like to do for fun to pass time?" His house was big with lots of rooms. Empty rooms. He hated how lonely, quiet and dark it was.

After reaching the bottom of the stairs another long hallway leads to an open dinning room. The door before leads to a huge kitchen. Uriah yells to Gracie that they were ready for the food. He helps Kierra in a seat and asks what she would like to drink, that she could have anything she wanted.

Kierra thought about what Uriah said about Poe. He was right, of course. It was more realistic to not always have a happy ending. As soon as he stood next to her, she leaned into him for the support. As the were walking to the dining room, she couldn't help but look around to see her surroundings.

The female noticed all the doors were closed. "What are behind those doors? More people that you have saved?" She smiled at the male, sure he had saved plenty like her. It would be almost too weird if she was the only one. If he had only saved her, then the girl would have way too many questions running through her head. Why her? Why not others? What made her so special when he didn't even know her?

She was brought back to the conversation at hand when the boy started talking about authors. Crinkling her nose, Kierra shook her head. "I have never heard about Harlen Coben. Maybe I can borrow one of your books to see if I would like him. Me? I'm your typical female that likes romance novels. There's a series by J.D. Robb about a cop who falls for the main suspect. There's a lot of tension between the two because of it." She shrugged, sure he wouldn't be interested in the least. "I also like fairy tales, like Cinderella and Snow White. It's nice to escape reality sometimes."

The female, too, had noticed how empty the place was. Instantly, without thought, she started thinking about decorating the house as if it were hers. The girl would have a library full of books, and an office in which she could try to catch up on school. Blushing at the thought, she brought herself back to the present. Kierra sat in the seat and thought about what she would like to drink. "Hm...maybe a Coke? I haven't had an honest to goodness Coca Cola in a very long time."

Uriah grabbed Kierra's Coke and set down in front of her. "We literally have anything you could think of. If you want anything just ask if we don't have it we can get it." He smiled at her before sitting at the table to eat.

She was asking about the doors. He couldn't help but smile at the question of him saving others. "You're the only one I've saved. They are just extra rooms. Some are spare bedrooms, one is for movies, one video games. Things like that. Most are spare bedrooms though." He started to eat and wondered what she was thinking of him now. If he wasn't creeper before he is now.

"I have a library. You could look through anything we have in there. I know we have some fairy tales in there and I of course will let you borrow one of Coben's books. My first one I read was 'Tell No One' I think that's a good one to start with." He smiled at her. "Please make yourself at home here. The only room I ask you to stay out of is my own personal bedroom and office. Gracie works for me if you need anything just let her know." He smiled at her. He wanted her to feel comfortable and at home. He had nothing to really hide from her but his bedroom was his only connection to the life he used to live. That Uriah had died.

Kierra smiled up at Uriah. "Thank you. It's been so long since I've had one of these." She immediately took a sip of it and sighed contentedly before blushing and giggling at how silly she must look.

The female froze a little and raised an eyebrow when he told her she was the only one he had saved. "I'm..the only one?" She was thoroughly confused, but couldn't say anything more as he started talking about the library. He was going on about a topic that surely would have interested her at another time, but she could only think about him saving her and only her. So many questions began to run through her head.

Instead of getting up and running, she tried to stay calm. "If you have never saved anyone before...why me? I mean, I'm no one special. Just a girl on the streets; we never met before." Suddenly she gasped. "Did my father send you? I could have sworn he forgot about me, but.." She was paling by the minute thinking about her father coming after her. Tears began to fall down her face. "When is he coming? I must go." The girl then got up from the table and started walking, holding the wall for support.

Uriah watched her get uneasy when she mentioned her father. "No, no one sent for you. I've never met your father. I...I actually don't get out much and when I do I don't talk to anyone. I just go out for walks or sit alone some where. I saw you were in danger and I couldn't just leave you...I'm sorry. I'm not like some super hero that goes around saving girls in trouble...except maybe I should start." A smile formed on his face.

He sat back as Gracie brings their food to them. "Please don't worry. I brought you here to keep you safe not harm you. As soon as you are well you can go if you'd like. Or you can stay as long as you need or want. It's nice having someone here. It...gets awful quiet and lonely."

Gracie glances at them as she makes sure they have everything and Uriah begins to eat. She heads back into the kitchen. Uriah watched Kierra as he eats hoping she calms a bit and wants to stay. "May I ask what happened with you and your father? You seemed very uneasy talking about him."

Kierra still was anxious, looking around as if her father may jump out at her at any moment as Uriah tried to calm her down. Her father was the one thing that popped into her nightmares night after night. His words started to sink in after a little while, and the female slowly began to calm down. The food smelled wonderfully, which helped, as her stomach was growling. The girl walked back to the table and sat down, taking deep breaths to continue calming down.

Before Gracie could enter the kitchen, she whispered a “thank-you.” Kierra wasn’t used to any of this and it was all so strange to her. She wasn’t even very sure if she should thank the woman or if that was some sort of taboo. Instead of thinking too much on the issue, the female turns her attention to her food and starts eating.

Her body stiffens at the question about her father escapes the male’s mouth. The girl very slowly puts everything down and looks up at him. “My father? Nothing happened. Nothing at all.” Her eyes dart around the room, trying to see if he is there.

Back
Top Bottom