Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cursed (jena x guitarfan28)

jena

Super-Earth
Kierra couldn’t believe this was happening to her. The female had definitely made mistakes in her eighteen years of living. She ran away from home by sixteen; no one would ever miss her. So if she died tonight, no one would care. She was on the run. It was late at night and she was leaving a party. The girl was a bit tipsy, but who cares? She figured she would just fall asleep under a bridge or something. The past two years had been paradise considering what she had been through. Her father was abusive in more ways than one, and her mother had died when she was young.

Kierra was tiny from lack of food and from always being on the run from something. She was once extremely beautiful with long brown hair and hazel eyes that were always laughing. Now, the same hazel eyes had dullness to them, always searching the streets to watch for danger.

The girl had two thugs following her. The two were much bigger than her. Trying to lose them, the female ran as fast as they could, but the men were faster. They easily caught up to her, cornering her. The two started taunting her, telling her of all the things they were going to do to her from gang-banging to slitting her throat. The female frantically looked around for a way to escape. The men moved in on her, ripping her clothes off of her while roughing her up by hitting her in the face. One blow caused everything to go black.

Uriah walked down a dark alley with his hood pulled up over his bald head. It was hard for him to get out except at night. Uriah was covered in scars and tattoos. Only a few people ever saw him like this and when they did they were frightened and said hurtful things. The only person who sees him now is the maid who works for him. He stays at home most of the time knowing know one would want to see him and his scars. Day after day he gets tired of being cooped up so he goes out at night when it's easier to hide himself and gets fresh air.

He missed the normal life of a person his age. He should be out getting drunk and partying with other people his own age. Instead he hid from reality. He used to be popular when he was in school and the women used to do anything to date him. Now they would take off screaming after one look.

Uriah heard a noise as he turned down another alley. He froze as he saw two thugs harassing a woman. After Uriah saw them hit her he ran after both of them fighting them both before they were unable to get up. He picked the unconscious girl up and quickly carried her to his house. He asked for his maid, Layla to help him. He took her to a spare room. A room that has sat empty since he moved in.

He checked her to make sure she didn't have wounds that needed care and gave them the care they needed. He kept the room dark as he sat in the room to make sure she was okay, waiting for her to wake. He knew she would have the worst headache when she did.

Kierra awoke in a strange bed. She wondered how it was she was in a bed to begin with. Had the thugs taken her somewhere for further abuse? The female noticed that her clothes were still gone, and sensed someone was in the room with her. Thinking made her head pound even more, as if nails were being driven into her skull. The girl moaned softly, wanting the pain to go away.

She opened her eyes slowly, only to find the room was still dark. Slowly, Kierra sat up, pulling the blankets with her to cover herself. She made out the silhouette of someone sitting in the room, not saying anything. "H-hello?"

He sat in the corner his hood pulled up with a beanie on his head, to help hide his scars. "Don't worry, you are safe. Water and some pain pills are on the stand next to you. You should not try to get up and just rest. I brought you here after the guys attacked you. You got hit pretty hard on the head. I'm sure the pain you feel is telling you that already. I only stayed in here to make sure you woke up. You may have had a concussion. You should just rest...I'm Uriah by the way."

He didn't move. He was afraid to get closer that she could seem him and get even more frightened. He was just happy she was ok.

Kierra jumped at the sudden noise as the figure began to speak. She strained to see the person, but that only resulted in more pain. The female looked over to the nightstand and grabbed the pain pills and glass of water. Taking the pills and downing the water, she scooted back on the bed to rest against the headstand. "Thank you, Uriah.." Uriah was such an interesting name. The girl had never heard anything like that before. Shrugging, she said, "I'm Kierra. It's nice to meet you."

Kierra noticed there was a lamp on the stand next to the bed, and reached over to turn on the lamp to get a better look at the one who saved her.

He saw her reaching for the lamp...that was a bad idea. "No...please don't!" He sighed when the light turned on and he looked down to have his hood hide his face. His long sleeves of his hoodie covered the scars on his arms but some were exposed on his hands that were placed on the arm of the chair. His shoes and pants covered his legs.

"Nice to meet you Kierra. I will let you rest. I'll check on you later..." He stood up to leave. Keeping his face turned away hiding it from her. If you need anything my empoyee, Gracie, her room is next door. Just call for her or ring the bell on the stand. She can get you anything you need."

He moved for the door opening it to leave.

Kierra had turned on the light, simply wanting to see the person who saved her life. She noticed he had hid himself from her. Was he famous, she wondered? Was she so battered and ugly he couldn't stand to look at her? When she noticed Uriah got up to leave, she panicked. The female did not want to be alone, especially after what had happened to her.

"Wait! Please! If I turn out the light, will you stay? I know I'm probably not much to look at right now, but I really don't want to be alone to only have the memories to haunt me."

He stopped and listened to her. He could sense her fear. "I'll stay. You...actually look beautiful... Unlike me."

He moved and sat back down. He kept his head low but got comfortable. "I won't leave. I promise. Just rest." He wasn't sure how she would react if she saw the real him that he kept hidden. She was worried about how she looked when he was the ugly one.

Kierra turned a slight shade of pink at the compliment, her hazel eyes lighting up. She had never had anyone tell her she was beautiful before. "Th-thank you..," she said to the man. She laid back down, curling up under the covers, and adjusted herself so she could still look at him.

She raised an eyebrow after registering that Uriah had said 'unlike me.' What had he meant by that? "You can't be that bad, Uriah. I'm sure you're just over exaggerating. Let me see, and I'll tell you what I think."

He shook his head. She had no idea...he was not exaggerating at all. "No...I'm not. I will not scare you...Just...trust me...You don't want to look at me. I'm doing you a favor."

He put his left ankle on his right knee. "Just rest. Please." He looked briefly at her with his head still down. All she could see were his eyes. His eyes went back down to the floor. He finally had someone there to talk to besides Gracie, he didn't want to scare her off the first day.

Sighing, Kierra gave up arguing with Uriah and did as he said. She laid back down in the bed, curling up. "Fine..but..I need clothes, and I need to go to the bathroom." She didn't want to get up knowing she was naked to run to the restroom. She may not know what the man looked like, but she didn't want him to see her in all her glory, either.

The female saw his eyes, but couldn't make out the color of them. She hoped the male would be the one to hand her clothes so she could see what he looked like.

Uriah looked at her slightly. His face still down. He got up and walked to the dresser against the wall on her right. He slides the drawer open and pulls out some shorts and a tshirt. He tosses them on the bed. He knew she was trying to play him and he wasn't for it.

"I'll be in the hall to let you change. Bathroom is in there." He points to the opposite wall, more scars showing on his hand and arm, before heading out into the hall. He glanced at her before leaving the room. Only part of his face showing, revealing scars, before sliding into the hallway.

Kierra saw the scars as he pointed and then more on his face when he walked out. She wondered what had happened to him, and thought maybe that was why he thought himself ugly. Sighing, she gathered the clothes and went into the bathroom. The female took a shower and quickly got out, drying off and changing.

After, she walked out and opened the door slightly, looking away so he wouldn't think she was trying to see him. "I'm done, Uriah." She then walked back to the bed, and curled up in it.

He leaned against the wall waiting then when she opened the door he made his way back into the room. "Feel better?"

He sat in the chair he was in before and tried to get comfortable. He continued to keep his face hidden. He was unaware of what she already saw. "Should I call someone? Family? A friend? Can I get you anything? " His hand worked at the whole in the knee of his jeans.

Kierra nodded. "Much better, thank you."

She watched him try to get comfortable, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. "No..there's no one you can call. I..I should probably get going. I've burdened you enough with everything. Thank you, again for helping me though." Getting back up from the bed she walked over to Uriah.

"And Uriah? You're not hideous. Living on the streets..you see a lot worse. Trust me." She grabbed his hand, squeezed it, and began to walk out of the room, her balance not very strong.

Her words hit him. She saw worse? Than him? He didn't understand. He looked at her. "What?" His voice just above a whisper. His whole face exposed. Revealing scars and tattoos, he pulled his hood down and took his beanie off.

"You live on the streets? Then tell me where you'd go that would be better than a warm bed and a house full of food. You really don't need to go. You could stay...as long as you'd like. You aren't a burden. It...its actually nice. Having someone here..."

He couldn't tell her he wished for her to stay cause he missed talking to someone, to anyone besides Gracie. He couldn't let her leave. Deep down...he would do what he had to to keep her there. He just hoped she stayed on her own.

Kierra turned to face Uriah when she heard his voice, holding on to the wall for support. She still couldn't see him fully as the room was still dark, but she could tell he removed the hood.

"I have seen worse..and you're right. No where I would go would be better than this. But I can't stay somewhere where I won't actually meet the owner of the place. Then it would be like I was being held as a prisoner. I was a prisoner already..I refuse to go back to that." She turned back around and towards the door, holding the wall the entire way.

He got up following her out into the hall. He turned the light on in the hallway. "Where do you plan on going when you can't even walk on your own. He stood with the light on and his hood down in the hallway. He didn't care anymore. He honestly was tired of hiding. She didn't want to be a prisoner. He knew all too well how that felt. He was a prisoner of his own house. His own life.
"I won't keep you a prisoner. But you know that you won't make it two feet out side my door on your own. If you want to leave fine...But at least stay until you are strong enough to leave." He walked over to help her, he slid his arm around her. Looking straight at her.

Kierra looked up at the male who wrapped his arm around her waist. Sure, he wasn't a model, but she didn't care. The female had learned that good looks weren't everything the hard way. She had found a good looking man and had hoped he was taking her in to help her. Instead, he had wanted more than that. People who were good looking thought they could have whatever they wanted. She preferred people who were also homeless, because they usually were much nicer to her. Looking into Uriah's eyes, she didn't feel that he was looking for...that. Just a companion. She could do that in exchange for a warm place to stay. He was right after all. There was no place better that she could go.

After a second of looking up at him, she smiled. "Thanks. I guess I could stay here for a while. Just don't hide from me, okay?"

He helped her to her bed. "I wont hide. As long as I don't scare you. You should rest. I can get some food for you." He laid her back down and pulled the blankets up over her. He got her all tucked in and sat next to her on the bed. He wondered her story. he wondered where she came from and why she was in that alley that night.

He wanted to ask her her story, but he wasn't sure he was ready for her to ask him about him. He had skeletons in his closet he knew that. He figured she did as well. He didn't want to pry but wanted her to feel comfortable. It was a lot for her to take in for one night. He got the vibe from her that keeping her against her will, was nice the best choice. Just reminder her life here was better than out there in the world. Some...would argue that though. "Rest...I'll be back with something to eat. ok?" He reached over and caressed her cheek very gently.

She shook her head at the thought of him scaring her. The only way he could really scare her is if he acted creepy. Looks didn't bother her, as she had seen so many things on the streets and before hitting the streets.

Looking up at him, she felt somehow oddly comforted by the caress. Smiling a little, Kierra nodded. "Okay.." Looking at him, she couldn't help but wonder how he got the scars. Had he been abused even more so than she? The thought scared her. She couldn't stand to think about someone being hurt more than her. Curling up under the covers, Kierra slowly let herself drift back to sleep.

He went to find Gracie. He needed her to make them something to eat. He suggested something simple and small but filling. Gracie decided soup and sandwiches would be good. Uriah wasn't sure how much she could really eat at this point. He didn't want her to feel any worse. As Gracie made the food, Uriah returned to the bedroom and saw she was sleeping. He let Gracie know to keep it warm but not to rush. He wanted her to rest. He sat back down in his chair and read while she slept.

He had an entire library full of books. He never was a fan of reading much but there wasn't a lot to do with his time and he had become to like it. He liked how each author was different and thought different things. Every one was unique. He kept his favorites in a separate book case that he kept adding to and he moved the ones he didn't care for to a separate book case. Mysteries, suspense, battles, comedies and poetry were his favorite. He tried to stay away from much romance. It just made him lonely. He wondered if Kierra read and if she did what she would be into.

Uriah glanced at her as she slept. He couldn't help but find her beautiful. He wanted to learn more about her and yet keep her safe. He was wondering if he was making a friend. It had been so long since he made one, he forgot how it worked. He smiled a little to himself. That was one thing he hardly ever did, smile. No one ever caught him if he did either.

She woke up again and looked over at the man who had saved her. She couldn't help but think about how the scenario must have looked when he had. She imagined she must have looked like a damsel in distress and he her knight in shining armor. Chastising herself, she shook her head. This was no fairy tale.

She wondered who else lived here with him. Was he always saving people the way he saved her? Surely there were, and he hadn't just helped her. He probably had many people as friends, and possibly even a girlfriend. Not that she liked him like that. She was simply lonely.

When Kierra saw Uriah reading, she couldn't help but smile. She loved reading; it helped her to escape from reality once in a while. She loved romance, wishing one day it could happen to her. She did, however, also like mystery, comedies, and some poetry. "What are you reading, Uriah?"

Uriah's eyes moved from his book to her. A smile formed on his face. "It's Edgar Allan Poe." He placed the book on the stand by the chair he sat in. "How you feeling? Gracie made soup and sandwiches whenever you are ready for them." He leaned forward, his arms on his knee. If only he knew what she was thinking, maybe he would let her in to see he had no one...no one but her now and Gracie.

He felt she had to have family or friends worried about her. He wondered if anyone was looking for her. She made it seem like there wasn't but Uriah wasn't sure. He was still slowly getting to know her and he could tell she was unforgettable. He never let anyone see him. Yet she has and she didn't take off running away. Maybe not everyone was so cold and cruel. Maybe people still had hearts deep in them with compassion.

All he knew was that he wanted to keep her safe and didn't want her to leave. He also wanted to know more, as if she herself was a book he was reading. He couldn't quite figure her out.

Kierra smiled a little, showing off her pearly whites. Although she was living on the streets, she tried her best to stay healthy and clean. "Edgar Allan Poe is sort of a dark author, but I like him all the same. You know he actually wasn't a drunkard before he died? That was something a rival said about him in an obituary to defame Poe." Blushing a bit, she realized she was starting to show the nerd in her.

Her stomach rumbled in response to his question about food and she placed a tiny hand over her stomach to try to stop it. Nodding, the female replied. "I'm feeling much better. Food sounds absolutely amazing right now actually." With that, she began to get back out of bed, bare feet touching the floor while gripping on to the mattress. She didn't want to have to be served in bed for 'being too weak.' The girl had never had anyone treat her that way, and she didn't plan on having anyone start that anytime soon.

After she stood up, she smiled brightly as if she had accomplished something great. "What other types of books do you like, Uriah? Any favorite authors?" She wanted to get to know the male who had saved her, as it seemed as though the two would be together for a while at least.

Back
Top Bottom