Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Black Araña

The cops told him to surrender. "OVER MY DEAD BODY!" Javier screamed and let out a string of colorful Spanish curses. A bullet was fired, grazing his temple and taking off the tip of his right ear. "BASTARDS!" He returned the fire before grabbing Mariah and rolling behind the bar. "Keep your head down!" he growled at her. He and the cops exchanged rounds for what seemed like hours before finally he grabbed her. "Sorry, Querida, I need your help now to get us out of here," He yanked her against him. "Alright! I'm coming out! Stop firing,"

He pulled Mariah along with him and held her tightly against him. "Alright, this is what's going to happen, I'm leaving, if you follow me, I'll shoot this woman!" he snarled, challenging the cops to make the next move.

Mariah gasped when she saw Javier get nicked with a bulled that whizzed past his temple, she couldn’t see well enough to tell where the blood was coming from but it looked like his ear. She didn’t have a chance to blink much less take a closer look before she was suddenly grabbed and rolling on the floor behind the bar. She quickly ducked her head down when Javier told her to. She brought up her hands and placed them over her ears. Never in her life was she in a gun fight. She only shot a gun a few times and that was at a practice range! When she was being spoken to she noticed his lips move so she dropped her hands. No sooner than she did just that he grabbed her again and being dragged along with him. He was taking her as a hostage! Oh no, of all the stupid… she stopped her train of thought.

He didn’t know she was an officer. The cops pointed their guns at him but they all stopped firing when they noticed who he had. Mariah stiffened as one officer began to raise his hand in defence while he disengaged his gun. “Don’t hurt her Javier… you take out an officer of the law and you won’t live long enough to rot in that shithole cell with your name on it.” The cop growled his words but he was dead serious, all the other soon followed suit. “Just don’t hurt her…” Backing towards the back of the club they separated enough to give him a clearing through the building. The lead officer had his eyes pinned to Mariah but she didn’t look at him. She was finding breathing difficult at the moment.

Upon hearing that Mariah was a cop Javier's expression went from startled to enraged, "You...you puta!" he snarled. This time he pressed the cold steel to her temple. "I'll blow her fucking head of if even one of you twitches," he said...this time he was not bluffing. He dragged her our to his car, not caring if he hurt her in the process. Tossing her in the back seat he climbed in the driver's side and stepped on the gas. Heading for the desert as fast as the machine would take him.

Closing her eyes tightly Mariah tried her best not to make any sudden moves, especially when she felt the gun press against her temple. The cops obviously obeyed him because before she knew it she was being dragged out of the building and then shoved into a car. The jerky movements caused her to bump into a few things here and there but once she was on a back seat, she pulled up her legs and tucked them under her chin. She was no weakling but she wouldn’t stand a chance against a bullet and somehow she felt talking to him would only make things worse.

Javier had them out of town and into the desert within the hour. He was going to take them to his hide out and then he'd figure out just what to do with the woman. He'd ignored his bleeding wound, the red stream had trickled down his cheek and dripped onto his expensive shirt. For the most part his right ear was intact, the very top of it had been cleanly taken off but the injury was superficial.

Mariah didn’t try the doors or try to roll down the window and toss herself out, she sat in the corner still and silent. From the events earlier in the day she had her phone on vibrate and just as she thought about it the contraption vibrated briefly, indicating she got a text. She quickly moved the phone to where she could see it, hope filled her chest at the thought it might have been her superiors informing her they were on their trail, and she wanted to believe she would be saved from this nightmare. When the message came up it was anything but words of encouragement.

Mariah felt sick, she received a text from a man who was supposed to be her partner in the force. “Enjoy living in hell bitch!” was what it said. Apparently he was enraged she was next in line for a high ranking position over him. She wasn’t from the area and she wasn’t there for as many years as him. He kissed and sucked a lot of ass to get to where he was which wasn’t so great but she just had to smile and give reference of her deceased brothers line of work in the force and she was idolised. He felt the position should have belonged to him. So when he did some digging and received word of her mission he looked into her background as well as Javier’s. That cocksucker was practically clean as a whistle, so he let her do all the work, getting close and risking her life until the moment came where he would pull the rug out from under her feet.

Throughout the weeks she was undercover he saw her in the club, watched her hang all over Javier, and then he read her personal files about her mixed feeling for the bastard. He dug and dug until he found out she was thinking of leaving the force, he wanted to believe it and thought he could slide into her spot but the idea of her getting her way after betraying them like that made him mad enough to see red. He wanted to see her suffer and so he used his ties to the underworld to lure in Javier, then all he had to do was wait for the right time to expose his backyard deals to his precious Mariah. Dropping the phone she put her head down on her knees and clenched her teeth together tightly. She was finished, if she survived this hostage situation she had no life to return to, her wonderful partner made sure of that.

"Got nothing to say back there?" Javier growled, "You're being awfully quiet police woman. If you have something to day in your defense now is the time because when this car stops I may decide you're not of use to me anymore."

Despite her situation she actually giggled at what he said then raised her head and looked into the mirror straight into his eyes. “Is that so… do you always treat people like objects?” She asked coldly. Then looked away from him and stared at the blur of the moving landscape speeding by.

“… I didn’t even know who you were when I moved here two months ago. So, when my partner was given a case on you, we didn’t work well together… because of that we went our separate ways…” She stopped for a moment, wondering if he would actually listen and believe anything she said but then continued anyway.

“I was given limited details and basically told to dig up what I could, I’m not from around here so my only option was to…” Mariah felt her breath catch in her throat but she swallowed down what would have been a sob. However, her body betrayed her by lining her eyes with tears. “I was going to leave the force… it just wasn’t worth it anymore.“ She sniffed then continued. “You gave me what I needed and because of you I fell…” She stopped and frowned at herself, raising a hand she wiped away the moisture coming down her cheeks.

“It doesn’t matter now, I can’t, won’t… go back…” She said firmly. The decided it was best to let him find out what he wanted to. “Here…” She tossed her cell phone over the front seat so it would land on the passenger side. “Everything is in there… knock yourself out…” She whispered then lowered her head again, she squeezed her legs together uncomfortably. All the bumping around at the club somehow bruised her inner thigh and bending her legs wasn’t helping in the least.

Javier exhaled slowly through his nose. Trying to keep calm. "Treat people like objects? I took you in and gave you work and spent hours of personal time teaching you, you were not an object and neither are the other women at my club...well it was my club, I can't go back now." he listened to the rest of her story, although he heard what she said he wasn't certain he could believe it, then she tossed her phone into the passenger's seat. He reached over and picked it up, pocketing it. Even so he could see that she was distressed, he was not in a mood to offer sympathy. "We will see...." was all he said.

Mariah kept her head down on her knees and just listened to her environment when he was done talking. She ignored the tightness in her chest and did her best not to cry anymore. Not only was her life ruined, she ruined Javier’s as well, and he was right. He let her in and gave her work. He never did anything to hurt her or force her into doing anything she didn’t want to do. She even fell for him but without trust between people like him there was no way they could work anything out. Then again he was sensual with her and very kind but she was still puzzled, there was no way for her to know if he felt for her the way she did him. Now she didn’t think she would, at this point she was even unsure of her life expectancy either. Despite what happened her head lulled to the side slightly as the adrenalin inside of her vanished and left her feeling boneless.

They drove in silence for a few hours before they found a small house on the outskirts of a shabby little ghost town surrounded by miles of nothing but dessert. "Alright, this is where we get out," Javier said. "Welcome to the hell hole, no one's lived here for seventy years. I've been using it as a hideout and storage, we're close to the border of Mexico but I won't give you an exact location, I think you'll understand why," he lead her into the small, humid, wooden house. It was sparsely furnished, a beaten up couch and a little coffee table with some old news papers greeted them, on far wall of the living room was a stove and a sink to pass for a kitchen. "There's only one bedroom, but since you're sleeping on the couch that won't be a problem." he pointed to a narrow door across the room, "That's the bathroom, one toilet, a shower and a sink all of it small and the shower doesn't have a curtain, it's just a shower head and a drain on the floor, now if you excuse me I have to make some phonecalls,"

Mariah hadn’t realized she fell asleep until they suddenly stopped moving and the sound of a familiar masculine voice filled her ears. She hadn’t had much time to pull herself back into reality before she was out of the car and being guided inside a building that looked like one of those old fashion hunting lodges. Suddenly she wasn’t sleepy, not one bit.

Only part of her mind registered what he said as she looked around to each thing he pointed out. His comment about her sleeping on the couch didn’t surprise her. At this point she didn’t want to share anything with him much less a bed. When the topic of the bathroom came up her jaw threatened to drop. No curtain? Just great! Well, that meant sponge baths for her.

She heard him excuse himself and took this opportunity to take a look around. She went to a window and looked out at the morning sun that was starting to make its way up into the sky. They must have been driving for a long time. While in the car she noticed her watch got broken so she had no idea what the time was. Raising her hand to her throat she placed her fingers over her locket, only to discover it was missing.

Panic filled her so quickly she began patting all over her clothing to see if it just fell off her neck, but she hadn’t found anything on her and nothing fell to the floor. Turning her head she bolted for the door without a second thought and dashed out to where the car was.

Thinking she was trying to make a run for it Javier ran after her, "What are you doing?!" he shouted leaping onto her and tackling her to the ground.

Mariah hadn’t even stopped to think about what Javier would do, she was fixated narrow-mindedly on finding the locket. Javier’s words did not reach her ears but when he tackled her from behind she snapped back into reality. She let out a breathy gasp that turned into a soft gasp as she quickly twisted her hips and torso so she could roll over. "I have to find it..." Mariah managed between a grunt she let out while struggling between him and the dirt she firmly shoved at his shoulder, moving him to the side enough for her to get onto her back and prepare her legs to come up so she could kick him off of her.

Javier wrapped her tightly against him so that her arms were pinned to her sides, "Find what?!" he growled, "You aren't making any sense!" What on earth was she looking for? Had she suddenly lost her mind?!

The wind left her when he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly, she hadn’t recovered rebreathe or her thoughts enough to pull herself out from under him and because of that he pinned her arms to her sides. Her eyes were wide with panic and the lower lids filled with tears as she stared up into his face, she blinked when his words finally sunk in and seemed to relax slightly. “M-my mothers… locket…” She began, in a strained voice. “I lost it…” Those words were added in a whisper, tears slid down from the sides of her eyes when she tried to blink them back.

"Locket?" Javier echoed, with a frustrated sigh he rolled off of her. After all that had happened to them in the past 24 hours she was worried about the locket..."Fine, look in the car, it's not like you can get away without the keys and there's just enough gas in the tank to get to the town if you know where the short cuts are, which you do not." he said. "If it's not there then it's gone, going back to the club to look for it would be suicide."

The second Javier rolled off of her Mariah sucked in a deep breath and straightened herself. As she sat up she listened to what he had to say and frowned. “I’m not trying to run away you idiot!” She growled, quickly standing up and dusting off the ass of her jogging pants. She turned from him and dashed the rest of the way to the car. Opening the door she climbed inside and crawled over the seat, after checking it over she began patting her hands on the floor of the car, then looked under the seat. The more she looked the more upset she got. Climbing out of the car she shoved the fingers of her left hand into her hair. “Fuck…” She breathed then dropped her arms down to her side. “That locket belonged to someone very special to me…” Mariah explained, sighing softly she turned around and knelt onto the ground. Spreading out her fingers she smoothed them over the dirt covered ground. “I lost everything else… I’m not about to lose that…” She trailed off when she felt tears gathering in her eyes again.

Javier sighed, part of him wanted to be sympathetic but the largest part of him was still angry at her. He decided that the best route was to offer her some advice, "If you're going to be hanging around with me the most valuable things you can have are memories, often I have to run or hide or simply leave every worldly possession I have in order to keep moving forward." he tapped his forehead, "Keep your favorite treasures up here, where they can't be lost or stolen from you and you'll find that life hurts you a lot less,"

She stopped searching the ground as his words sunk in, she was torn between telling him to stuff it and actually taking his advice, after all… he would know a lot about such a situation. Even more so now that she played a large part in the fact he was on the run now. Life hurts enough without anyone needing to make it worse, but somehow, hearing those words from him stung her more than she thought they would.

Mariah stood up to her full height and dusted her hands off on her hips. She took a minute to collect herself before she looked at him. “I’ll remember that…” She said softly then dropped her shoulders and walked over to him, before she started talking she pushed her hands into the pockets of her pants.

“I know I’m the last person you want to be on the run with…” She paused, fighting back the urge to scream her frustrations. She was so close to leaving it all behind, so close to starting her life over with someone she actually felt something for, but that wasn’t possible anymore. She could tell he hated her by how he treated her. The way he manhandled her took her by surprise but she was more confused by the fact one of the officers knew her.

She called her partner and asked him to come alone, she wanted to talk to him so she could explain her intensions but he… She shoved the thoughts towards the back of her mind and locked them away. Her old life was over, she couldn’t go back home since she had nobody to go home to and Javier… even though she was angry he took her hostage she couldn’t blame him.
“But, I just want you to know … I never meant to hurt you…” Dropping her head she looked down at the ground as a frown distorted her features. That might not mean much to you coming from me… but it’s the truth.” She finished with a sigh. She didn’t know about this place, so she was praying with everything she had that her ex-partner didn’t know either. If he did there was no telling how long they would be on the run… or rather, he.

She was sure if he could help it he would leave her in a heartbeat. No matter how much she reminded herself of his true colors she couldn’t shake the memories they shared. Both Javier and the club itself became like family, she never felt so close to anyone, not since…

Mariah convinced herself that she was content enough to have been able to get that much off her chest, finally giving up searching she turned from him and began heading back to the small wooden house.

Javier pushed his ink black hair back from his forehead. There was nothing he could do but wait and see, maybe she was telling him the truth, he'd look through her phone and see for himself what was going on. Until then it was probably best to try and avoid her, in his anger he was likely to hurt her if she roused his wrath. Even in spite of this there was a lingering attraction, something that drew him to her even now. He fought the urge to put a hand on her shoulder and tell her everything was alright....after all, it wasn't was it?

Once inside the house Mariah yawned and looked at the couch, she was tempted to flop face first on top of it and allow herself to sink into a deep blissful sleep but she felt grimy. She had been in the same clothing all day, covered in god knows what and just now she was out there crawling all over the place looking for her locket. Remembering the necklace she felt sadness gather in her chest, but she quickly shoved the feeling aside and took a long deep breath.

Walking to the couch she unzipped her jogging coat and tossed it on top of the ancient furniture. Turning her head she looked for where Javier said the bathroom was and when she found it she headed right for it. When she entered the room she swallowed a lump of dread that stuck in her throat as she eyed the shower and the hole in the floor that served as a drain. Oh boy… this was going to be interesting.

Releasing a sigh she pulled the door closed behind her then reached for the hem of her t-shirt. Curling her fingers under it she pulled the material up and in one quick move she had it over her head and on the floor at her feet. Next she slid both her pants and her underwear down over her hips and left them pooled on the ground next to her coat and shirt. Raising her arms she twisted them behind her back and unfastened her bra.

Pulling off the thin black strip of material she dropped it as well then stepped under the shower head. Mariah did some fancy dancing while she adjusted the temperature of the water, it went from cool to cold then holy fuck freezing in seconds. She was beginning to think there wasn’t any hot water. Sighing softly she placed the tap at a cool temperature she could sort of live with and quickly ducked her head under the spray. She let out a loud, surprised squeal and wrapped her arms around her upper body, after a split second of forcing her heartbeat to calm she raised her hands to her face and began to scrub what dried sweat and god knows what else.

Hearing the noise coming from the bathroom Javier burst in to investigate. "What's going on? Are you hurt?" he asked, he froze when he noticed that she was naked and tried to back out of the room. However he slipped on the wet floor and fell into her, knocking her to the ground and landing on top of her.

Between the distraction of the cold and the sounds of the water pounding in her ears she hadn’t heard Javier until he was on top of her, literally. When she fell back she tightened the muscles of her neck to prevent her skull from hitting the hard ground. Even though he weighted a lot more than her, his weight wasn’t crushing, however. Despite the situation and the fact they weren’t exactly getting along she couldn’t help but giggle. Her hands had automatically landed flat on his chest, her wet breasts were pressed under the weight of them both. “A-are you al.. right?” She finally asked when her giggle faded, suddenly she was very aware of how close he was, and how naked she was, parting her lips she unconsciously ran her tongue over the bottom one before swallowing hard.

Javier flushed, his tanned skin growing red around his cheeks. "I...I thought you were in some sort of trouble...in here," he said straightening. His white shirt was soaked and transparent, clinging to his broad, muscular chest.

Back
Top Bottom