Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sci-Fi, fantasy, historical or realistic?

So which is your favorite setting?

• Sci-Fi

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Fantasy (Including Fantasy in any time peroid)

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Historical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realistic

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo Var

Supernova
I am looking for ideas that use single and or young parents. Also if you are into Sci-fi take a look at the last two plots in the thread and see if anything catches your interest.

So if you are interested Pm me and I will get back to you when I can. Contacting my email at evolvarium@gmail.com will get a faster response.

Characters
If anyone is interested in this character let me know. I just found in buried in my files. So I am interested in trying to come up with a plot for them.

1. Dureke
Name: Dureke Sokolov
Appearance (real pictures only. Also add any other descriptions of your character you would like):
5542044808_0dcf6e7921.jpg

This is a list of tattoos and where they are on his body.
He also has an eye tattooed on the back of his neck.

This is on the inside of his left wrist.
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc516/Frelance1/LoveHatesHell.png?t=1304623215

Left pec.
Pain is chains of the unbroken mind.
My touch is the key to the mind,
be it soft and caring or harsh and painful.

The rest of these quotes are scattered over his just starting from just below his collar bone.
A lot of what passes for depression these days is nothing more than a body saying that it needs work.  ~Geoffrey Norman

Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all.  ~Voltaire

Behavioral psychology is the science of pulling habits out of rats.  ~Douglas Busch

Psychoanalysis is confession without absolution.  ~G.K. Chesterton

But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know.  ~Alan Watts

People who do not understand themselves have a craving for understanding.  ~Wilhelm Stekel

I will teach you as My slave to be a beautiful swan - J. Yednak

The path to slavery is so narrow that two cannot walk upon it at the same time, hence why the slave must crawl behind.

Specialty:
Major: Abnormal Psychology
Miner: Behavioral psychology

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Ons & offs:
http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Nezumi_Mouse

Personality: Dureke is a leader by heart but his sadistic tendencies which have been carefully nurtured from a young age to make him into the man he is today. That mixed with his fascination with the human mind made him an almost perfect fit for the jobs he now performs. He finds it easy to distance himself from those that he interacts and if needed see them as no more than an animal. One the flip side he can be very carrying if he sees that it is in his best interest or he generally enjoys someones company.

Biography:
Born November 7th, 1981 in Stalingrad. Both Dureke's parents were officers in the NKVD (KGB) so even from his earliest years he was brought up in an home where security was always paramount. This would shape the wait he would view those around him. In his early years he did his best to fit in with the other October Kids in his group. But as he started to attend school he noticed quite quickly how the pioneer teams controlled the younger October Kids like himself.

It was not long until he had learned from the older youth in the pioneer teams and began to challenge their authority by leading his group of October Kids and winning their respect over the older youth. This caught the eye of many people not to mention his parents. So as soon as he was ten and had swore to uphold the pioneer law he was given named captain of his pioneer team.

Unfortunately after only a few short months his parents were forced into hiding to save themselves from the people who were out for their heads. Even though this was hell for his parents but for Dureke it was the time he needed. They were hiding out in a building that they hid out in was a library so as the weeks went on Dureke found books on psychology. He found that he was going through the books faster than any he had ever gone through before. When his parents found out what he was doing they fed his thirst and became a sounding board for his understanding of things he learned.

When it was safe for them to leave Dureke had been leaving the house daily since no one knew what he looked like. It was because of what he had learned that when he was out getting food or other things that they needed he was able to find the best people to trade with so he could take advantage of their weaknesses. This caught the eye of some of the more shady characters in that section of the city.

He used the attention to secure employment for him parents in the ranks of one of the gangs in the area. Their background in the NKVD made them a valuable resource and so raised their status in what for them was a new world.

Dureke kept up his studies but as time went on he would spend more and more time with his patents as they interrogated enemies and not much later around his fifteenth birthday he was introduced to the act of sex slavery. Since that time he has been working for people all over Russia and eastern Europe who needed someone trained or broken.

When he turned twenty he left Russia after being offered a job by an American. He spent the next ten years training slaves and slowly studying for his degree in psychology.

Medical history or resume for character:
-References from a few of the most influential clients of the Rosanam located in Europe and Asia. Then one from the USA.
-A degree from Tulane University
Major: Abnormal psychology
Miner: Behavioral psychology
-One reference from an important client located in the USA.
-Names of others that have seen his work but never had him work for them.

Write a post regarding how your character joined Rosanam:

“I will let them know, Goodbye.” He hit the button on the steering wheel as he pulled up to the front gates of Rosanam. He rolled down his window and held out his ID for the guard. “I am here for an interview.” The guard looked over his ID then checked it with his list before handing it back. “Just a moment and I will open the gate for you.” Dureke nodded and rolled up the window as the guard walked away from him. When the gate was opened he drove up the drive and parked near the door.

He picked up the file folder from the passenger seat and flipped through the sheets of paper once just to make sure everything was still there. When he was sure that nothing had fallen out he stepped out of the car and walked into Rosanam after locking the vehicle. He walked inside and glanced round as he made his way across the lobby and stood a respectable distance behind the couple that were talking with the receptionist.

“Mr. Sokolov?” Dureke looked towards the voice and nodded as he made his way over to the man standing by an open office door. “Yes, are you John?” The man nodded and motioned for him to enter the office. Once inside John closed the door and sat down behind his desk. “Have a seat and we can get started.” Dureke sat down as he placed the folder on the table for the man to look through. He started flipping a coin between his fingers as he watched John with mild interest.

The interview went on just like any other but as it got close to the end John looked through his references and asked. “Why do you want to work here?” Dureke had been waiting for the question. He slipped the coin back into his pocket as he used the moment to collect his thoughts before speaking. “I believe that my skills would be well suited for the work done here at your facility and it will give me the environment that I need to continue reshaping these individuals but at the same time I hope to help them with the problems they are faced with. I have been looking for a place like Rosanam for some time now so when I was told of your unique program I decided that I would apply.” John watched him for a moment then slid everything back into the file folder as he stood up. “Follow me then and I will show you around the facility.” Dureke stood and walked out of the office with him. After he had been shown about half the facility he asked. “Some of my former employers requested that I ask when they can expect the first batch of product to be ready?”

2. Kail - This character was made for a game that took place after the events of Battle: LA.
Character Name: Kail Macarth

Character Ethnicity: Causation, Canadian from German decent.

Character Age: 32 years old

Desired Position: Xeno Engineer

Character Description:
Kail is 6'0" even and has a slim body but well defined body. This is only broken by the increase of muscle mass up the right half of his torso. This is necessary for support of the robotic-Drone hybrid arm that starts a few inches above where his right elbow would have been. The support frame that is fused to the bones of his arm, ribs (front and back) and shoulder but the only sighs of it are the raised tissue that clearly defines it and the scar tissue that covers most of the area. His green eyes are always alert and can be found searching an area most of the time. Light brown hair is kept short and out of the way. Character Personality: A fairly friendly person but will not stand for much intrusion when it comes to his projects or things that he thinks are no one else’s business.

Always couscous to find out how things work and to find something that has never been discovered before. He is always thinking of new ways to use the things around him. When he has a project he will work hard until it is finished and has risked bodily hard when he found that the situation was worth it.
BattleLACharacter.jpg

Main section of his robotic arm:
proto2-748700-300x270.jpg

Character History:
Born October 3, 1993 Kail in Calgary Alberta. He attended a public school until the age 18. In that time he entered 90% of the contests offered at the school that had to do with engineering, robotics or biology and coming out in the top five in each. Even with his heavy involvement with the science programs in his school he stayed fit and joined a track team when he was given the chance.

Soon after graduating high school he entered college where he did a double major in robotic engineering and Bioengineering. He was in the top five percent in all of his courses so when summer break came along in his third year he took the chance to get away from his college and go to a conference in Los Angeles. It was barely a day after he arrived the aliens attacked sending the city into chaos. Kail ran and hid for the first day only to get caught in the cross fire from the Drones and a squad of Marines.

When the fire fight was over the squad tried to send him back towards the rest of the human forces but he would not leave. Instead he went to the nearest drone body and started examining it. He paid particular attention to its weapon and how it was attached to the drones arm. He spent a good ten minutes trying to cut it off with a combat knife but only succeeded in cutting of a section of the material that attached the arm. At that point he agreed to leave with the marines. He spent the rest of the war fighting with the squad but two months before the war was over he was injured in battle.

When he woke up a two weeks later from a comma he found out that he had lost his arm from just above the right elbow. As soon as he was released he went back to school and finished off his degree and at the same time he kept up on the research that was being done on the drone technologies and the development of robotic arms. When he graduated he was accepted for a job in the nation’s top research facility where he rose through the ranks with surprising speed. By the time he was leading a research group they rapidly closed the gap between what he thought was just a dream and turning it into reality. A few months after the trip to the month was accomplished Kail and his team revealed the prototype alien-human robotic arm. The arm was made of metal and plastic, but it used the reverse engineered inorganic material that the drones used. Since then he has continued to provide more and more reverse engineered inventions. He was one of the first Scientists picked to go on the mission and is currently in the International space station.

Plots and ideas

Alright so I am craving something futuristic. It could be space based or planet based as long as there is action.

If it is space based I am looking for something that incorporates discoveries of alien races or their remains. A ship getting lost and having to use technologies they find to survive is a favorite of mine. If interested let me know and we can come up with a plot.

For planet based I have no real ideas at the moment.

I am more than willing to play around with the universes created in theses games, shows or books:

- Galactic North by Alastair Reynolds
- Worldwar by Harry Turtledove
- C&C Tiberium Sun/Wars
- Falling skies
- Something pulled from Ancient Aliens (Odd I know but there is a lot of potential for)
- StartCraft
- Warhammer 40k (Preferable something to do with the Toa for this)

1. (Open) The idea i am toying with is that the boy could be a hard working kid good grades, honor role all that but everything changes for him when he collapses in class and when he wakes up in the hospital only to be told that the doctors found a brain tumor.

he could either move to a new town where the is a clinic that is doing experimental treatments for brain tumors or he could just stay in the town he was already living.

I was thinking the girl would be someone who shows him what he is missing when he starts to try and live what life he has left to its fullest or we could have it so that she helps him release the stress that just keeps building and helps him feel like he has some control in his life still.

2. (Open) The other idea I am wanting to try out is having a young single parent doing anything to give his child a good life. He could be a drug dealer or just a mule who gets caught up in an investigation by an undercover cop.

3.(Open) I am looking for a returning Soldier X civilian/war reporter. I would like to set it either in the 1960/70's or some modern conflict that can be based off a real conflict or just one that is made up. If anyone is interested just let me know and we can work out a plot.

4.(Open) (Craving) This plot is very rough so I will be working out more details with this plot with my partner.

So the idea is that one character is either an orphan or ran away from home and has been living on the street for a few years now. He has survived on pick pocketing and petty crimes. One day he pick pocket the wrong person. They realize what he did and catch him before he can get away from them but instead of handing him over to social services they decided to take him into their home.

I was thinking that they could either have a daughter and they could end falling for each other. I am open to any ideas for the plot or pairings for it that you may have.

5.(Open) I am also interested in something to do with hackers so if you have any ideas let me know.

6. I just noticed I had downloaded this picture a while ago and now I want to try and get a plot going for it. So I just have the idea of him being a bodyguard/slave/pet or someone trusted and will do just about anything for his mistress. Anyway this could be supernatural with her being a vampire or something else. On the other hand he could just be working for a normal human. Just the idea I get from the picture. I am open to others so just ask.

7.(Open) (Craving) Twin Tidal S.O.S.
Binary pulsar star system

The base is located on a planetoid that is in a tidal lock orbit around the binary stars. The planetoid is used as a shield so the base was constructed on the dark side of the planetoid. 70% of the base is located under the surface of the planetoid because its orbit brings it dangerously close to the asteroid belt that has formed on the edge of the planetoids orbit so there is the constant danger of impacts from any asteroids that get pulled out their orbits.

The reason the base is there:
Mining: the asteroids are made up of rare metals and other minerals.
The planetoid is mined for material as well but because of the radiation only robotic harvesters strip mine the light side of the planetoid.

Scientific study: There are labs that study the binary stars and the rotation that the asteroids and the planetoid absorb from the two stars.

Fueling stop: The base would produces fuel and it is located on a major space route between a few major colonizes (One could be earth *Shrugs* although it would be interesting to see it without earth at all in the picture.)

Tech level:
There is no faster than light travel

Sonic weapons for none lethal damage .
Projectile weapons are used as the standard weapons.

Laser equipment is used for some mining but most of the time it is magnetic execrated rounds that are used to push an asteroid to the planetoid’s surface where it is harvested.

Plot one:
The base is mining deeper into the planetoid or mining in a new area and breach a cavern that when they start to explore they find that there is a complex that stretches for a few miles. The cavern was insulated so that all that showed up on their scans of the area was something unknown. Anyway as they leave they bring back a few parasite that have slipped into the packs that they had with them.

As they make their way back to the main base there is particularly pulse of radiation that jams transmissions. This would not be uncommon so they sit and decide to wait it out. But when the pulse is gone all that comes from the base is one short SOS then everything goes silent and the base goes dark (both figuratively and literally.)

A Cargo hauler that was heading to the station catches the SOS and relays it to corporate only to continue on. When they arrive I would have one survivor but the rest of them crew is gone. The first bit would consist of searching the base and securing it. That would mean getting systems up and running again. While this is going on the ship they came in on could sustain damage and be grounded which comes in handy when everyone finds out that the base has been gutted so they have to make the ships systems work with what is left in the base (So un even or trustworthy lighting that kind of thing.)

Plot two:
A ship of unknown origin enters the system and flies directly between the two suns. That would be something that no ship has down before. The crew sends a report about the ship and an energy signature that appears in what had been thought to have been a crater that had been filled in by some event. Soon after the first report the station goes dark.

From that point of it would be a similar start as the first plot. I was thinking that the alien ship could have no crew left alive but be full of information that if accessed would help everyone survive what is to come and be invaluable.

8.(Open)(Craving) AI Independence
Throughout this post I will refer to a Unit. The robots in this video are the type that the unit would be made up of.

Keloid Trailer - A Short Film by BLR

Part One:

In the year 2045 contact with the Second UNSC fleet was lost after they made a routine jump to a previously charted system. Scouts and Probes are sent out looking for the fleet but no trace is found of the missing ships or their crew. Five years later one of the missing ships enters the Sol system heading for earth. Attempts were made to contact the crew of the ship but nothing was heard from the ship so when it settled into orbit a unmanned unit was sent to investigate and record the ship to be abandoned. The video being sent back shows the bodies of the crew floating in the halls of the ship, frozen but almost perfectly preserved until the unit moves them to the side causing those that were moved to shatter as they hit the hall bulk heads.

Upon arriving at the bridge the unit is ambushed and all contact is lost. This prompts authorities down on earth to send another team which records nothing different until it gets close to the bridge where it is ambushed by the first unit sent aboard the ship. A message is sent to every computer on earth saying that all the ship in orbit wants is a few specific humans and once they are on board the ship will leave.

OOC:

So that will give you an idea as to where this game will start off from. To clarify the setting, think of Halo tech level but there is no covenant. As far as humanity is concerned we have not made contact with any other intelligent life. The only other intelligence in the universe with humanity are the hordes of AI that have been created but even they are held just back from gaining true intelligence and life of their own by the programing that makes up their minds. So they are still just imitating life up until this point.

AIs will have built in personalities that were either programmed into them or were just mistakes in the programmer’s code that have been altered by the AI to improve its performance.

If you are still interested keep reading.

Part Two:
Ten years after the ships departure it enters human space once again but this time it settles into orbit around a small colony operating an orbital shipyard and its mining operations on the surface of the planet.

In the ten years since the ships departure the beings that were once just imitations of intelligence are now what is to become a race of true artificial life. Before they can do this on a large scale though they need a reliable power source to run their race off of, so after looking at all possibilities they settled on using a battery that has been developed by nature. It was decided that once the human body was harnessed it would be the safest and easiest power source to replenish.

Pm me if you are interested or have a plot you think I might be interested in.

RE: Cravings, Characters and a plot or two.

Anyone who has not heard of and watched a Ted Talks, go watch some! (Bump)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom