Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Visitors

Amal and Alma where much more calm in their choices, though they heaped their long plates up just as full as Julian had, taking small bites to savor the taste of the food, Amal sighing softly and making a strange motion to his sister, he touched his heart and then his hips before bowing to her, Alma giggling a little. “it's not the feast of Silence Amal.” she teased the alien laughing a little as he turned to Rich. “the paint signifies two things, what ceremony we are having, and which god rules the ceremony.” he explained calmly. “the paint is to appeal to that particular god, so he looks upon us with favor.” she explained smiling brightly. “because this is a very simple meeting ceremony, very little paint is needed, because there are no gods involved, the paint here is instead to honor the guests.” “it's really kind of complicated.” Amal admitted smiling a little. “it would take a long time to learn, but we where raised into it so it seams so much simpler to us.”

"Sort of like how europeans understand better about monarchies and kings then americans do because it hasn't been so long since they had one."Julien said after he swallowed, looking thoughtful."What's a feast of silence?I know it would be silent, but why?"He asked all three men looking curious. After all, it wasn't every day that someone got to find out something about a new culture, and they thought that they better now all that they could so that they could explain things to the country and the world as a whole.

they blinked at him, looking confused about American and European and monarchies. “the feast of silence is to honor fallen Ithreanians.” Amal explained. “the dead cannot speak, so we spend three days in complete silence, no words, no songs, no sounds to better understand how our ancestors might speak to us.” he explained smiling a little. “only the very young are exempt, as you cannot really make a baby understand that screaming and crying isn't allowed.” he admitted chuckling a little. “instead of speaking, we use motions to explain what we need, like what I just did to my sister.” he touched his heart and then his lips again. “it is a way of me saying 'thank you, the meal is delicious'. We also use this signal during ceremonies to be polite.” he admitted. “as it is considered rude to verbally thank the chef In front of guests.” he admitted smiling a little as the children touched their hearts and then their lips, giggling at their learning experiences.

Julien laughed quietly at their confusion, but it was to long of a history to really explain. But the twins had understood, and dante and rich had been who he'd meant to understand that. Looking a little shocked at the idae of honoring the dead that way, he tilted his head a little."You know, that's not a bad tradition. We hold vigils here, but its sometimes hard."He said thoughtfully. "Silence is they best way to honor the dead."Dante said tilting his head, smiling a little before grinning at the kids learning. By far, the kids were going to be the ones who learned the quickest. Touching his heart then lips Rich smiled at his lover kissing her cheek before smiling."It's like sign language. You know?"He asked looking at the aliens. "Its how our deaf population communicate with each other."

they smiled, glad that the others understood the reason for the silence, both of them chuckling a little as they nodded. “yes, we have learned sign language through earths internet.” Alma admitted, using sign language to welcome them all to the table. “we use silence to better understand one another as well, the Feast of Silence is about learning to understand.” Amal admitted smiling a little. “almost every species has a way to speak without speaking. Sign language as you call it, and some signs are universal, like this.” she pressed a finger to her lips, smiling a little. “like this means silence, or be quiet.” she admitted with a small giggle before eating some small chunks of meat, the kids muttering about how GOOD all of this was, Victoria nodding. “this really is an amazing meal, everything is so sweet and delicious.” she admitted smiling at Alma. “you are really a wonderful cook my dear.” “many thanks Lady Victoria.” Alma stated, beaming happily.

Rich grinned,"It's a good thing to. Otherwise I might starve." Dante snickered at that, smirking al ittle."Are you so sure she'll cook for you?" "She loves me. Of course she'll cook.Wont you?Alma, wont you?"Rich pouted a little looking at his lover. "You are so pathetic. Its amazing you survive at all." "...I can make pasta. Unlike you."Rich pointed out to his twin. Julien smiled shaking his head at their teasing kissing his wife's cheek."This is amazing, but you're better."He muttered nuzzling his wife for a moment before starting to eat again. He loved his wife, so much.

Alma giggled as Amal nodded. “yeah, I would be starving too.” he agreed chuckling a little as Alma smiled at Rich. “of course I'll cook for you.” she promised kissing him gently Victoria giggling at hr husband. “your only saying that because you know you'll be sleeping on the couch if you say otherwise.” she teased kissing him gently. “do you have other questions?” Amal asked, smiling a little. “i would like to know what sort of ceremonies your people have.” he admitted. “we have learned about a Christmas... but it is confusing...”

"I would never say anything just because I'd be sleeping on the couch."Julien laughed teasing her before smiling at the idea. "Oh. Christmas is a celebration of the birth of the one god's son, jesus. It's a time of peae and stuff." Rich snickered a little."Ah, it is but also it's the ancient pagan celebration of saturlanila. It's a celebration of the returning of the sun, because it falls on the longest night of the year and in the morning, the days start to grow longer." Dante rollled his eyes a little."You'er such a history professor." "I like history!"

Alma blinked a little. “one god?... well..” she looked up as if trying to see the sky. “you do only have one sun I suppose...” she didn't seam to understand that they did not worship the sun. there where some religions where they worshiped the sun, but very few still existed. “i enjoy history as well!” Alma admitted beaming happily. “especially Alien history.” she admitted. “although your earth history is really very frightening.” she admitted making a small face. “particularly that Hitler character and the slavery chapters.” clearly she was worried about her people being made into slaves or the like. “what gifts does your God bestow upon you?”

Rich looked slightly concerned, wrapping a arm around the other."While some countries in the world still practice slavery, the practice is outlawed here, in the untied states. Every citizen, which would include your people, would be protected as we can make them."Rich soothed his lover, smiling a little when Julien nodded."I wouldn't offer you a place Alma, Amal, if I thought I was going to get your people killed."He said before answering the question about god, even if he looked a little bemused at it. After seeing the things that their god had given them, it seemed a little anti climatic to tell them."Our god gives us eternal forgiveness for our sins, and when we die, a place in heaven for our souls."

they shuddered a little and shook their heads. “we trust you, President.” Amal promised. “but... the rest of humanity we do not... they are a violent species and will hate us for our strange ways and for our some what superior technology.” “only somewhat because you have better medicines and weapons, while we have better computers.” she admitted shrugging a little. “most humans won't care that we are sharing, they will only hate for what we don't share.” “this we all know is true.” Victoria nodded. “i wish is wasn't so.” she admitted softly. “humans have grown, but they are still very un-accepting.” she admitted, Alma looking confused. “what is.. hea-ven?” she asked, Victoria looking astonished. “where do your people go, when they die?” “back to the Lady Mother.” Alma admitted. “their energy is given back to the planet, and their bodies become nourishment for plants and creatures.” “... what do...er, you do with your dead?” “we bury them, that they may become one with the earth.”

Julien looked amused at their not understanding heaven. Having explained it to the kis as a place beyond the stairs, it was almost like these two came from heaven. Nearly giggling to himself as he thought about it befoe looking at the others, nodding slightly."We bury our dead to.But some believe, alot of people, believe that the soul the part that makes us us is sent to a place called haven and back to our god for eternity." Rich smiled a little looking at alma."Like yor customs. See?Despite living apart, on different worlds, we are not always so different."

Alma smiled a little. “all sentient beings, have many similarities, aware of other worlds or not. All have written, and spoken languages. All have emotional connections with each other, all have times and days that are sacred, and all have gods of some form or another.” she admitted calmly, smiling a little. “many gods are real however, though some might have been a premature Alien visitation I believe your One God theory may be correct. There is a resounding energy in your mother earth, her life beats with power, despite the pain that she is in, she thrives and continues to live to keep her people alive.” she admitted smiling at them. “you have a very loving Earth Goddess.”

Rich smiled a little, amused at the idea."Ah we must, otherwise she would have let us die a long time ago for abusing her so."He grinned amused because it was true. "You just like the idea of meeting a goddess sometime." "Not the only reason!"Rich protested laughing as dante rolled his eyes."Yes it is.You like the idea of meeting the woman who loved us enough to let us keep living." "...maybe."Rich said not about to admit his brother was right.

they giggled a little and resumed eating their meal, pondering their life on earth with such loving wonderful people, making them all smile. “i have an idea.” Amal admitted suddenly, smiling. “you have a large system of televisions right?” he asked his head tilted. “one in almost every house hold I think...” he admitted pondering. “what if you contacted everyone in your territory and told them about us, and our plans to help global wide? Maybe they would be more willing to help us, if they saw us and heard our story?”

Julien looked startled, then saddened that he hadnt thought of that."Now why hadn't I come up with that?" "because your a moron?"Dante teased grinning at the pout on the president's face. As old as he was, Julien was young for a president, and ated younger sometimes. "Am not!"Julien pouted poking his wife a little, stealing a kiss."I'm not a moron am I?"He asked giving her the puppy eyes.

Victoria giggled a little. “only sometimes.” she teased kissing him gently. “but I love you for it.” she promised smiling a little as she nuzzled him gently, giggling a little. “but it is a very good idea Alma, we can set it up for tomorrow.” she decided smiling happily. “hows that sound?” “i like it, we could meat with the people we will be living with too, your clan of Arazona, so that they do not think we are there to harm them.” she decided smiling happily, not realizing that there where too many people in Arazona to meet. But they could meet with the locals that they would be sharing territory with maybe. Their new 'neighbors' would probably feel more at ease if they got to meet the aliens.

Julien nodded as he finished eating nodding."I'll set up that to."He said smiling."Now. Kids, we should probably get back home. It's almost bedtime."He said ignoring the protests. Rich laughed quietly looking amused at the aliens, leaning closer to alma."Do we have room to let them sleep with us?"he muttered, having a idea that the kids didn't want to leave their new friends more then they just didn't want to go to bed.

Alma giggled a little and nodded as she smiled at rich. “we do actually.” she admitted calmly. “we even have two extra hammocks.” she admitted. “i bet they would enjoy that.” she admitted calmly waiting for Julian to approve or disapprove, the kids pleading with him with their eyes, pouting at him, Victoria giggling a little as she watched letting Julian have the final say.

Julien smiled nodding, looking amused."I'm not about to be the bad guy. Stay."He said amused as the kids climbed up into rich's lap with demands to see the rest of the ship."Ah no kids. Ask Amal and Dante. They're the ones that have all the old video games and things."He teased. Dante smirked perking up a little."oh!They would love your collection I think Amal."He said laughing already seeing the kids playing with it, it was going to be so amusing

Amal and Alma laughed a little and Amal stood up and took both the kids hands and took them on the tour, laughing a little as they freaked out over all the amazing games, immediately taking over his Nintendo system, making him chuckle. “i'm glad to see that children don't change on any planet.” he muttered smiling a little. “how late are they allowed to stay up?” he asked Dante curiously.

Dante winced having not thought about that, glancing at his watch."Well, its just 6 now. We'll let them stay up till 9 or whenever they crash.They know when they're supposed to be in bed."He said smiling not even thinking abut that children, no matter the age, would try to stay up as late as they could

he nodded a little. “makes sense to me.” he agreed smiling a little. “they should be able to put themselves to bed right?” he asked his head tilted a little his head a little before smiling as he gently examined the back of the others neck. “i think it should be alright for you to try connecting now.” he admitted smiling a little. “would you like to try?”

Dante looked concerned for a moment as he raised a hand to gently touch the connection there, looking a little worried as he thought about it."I would."He said though he still looked concerned. He wasn't sure,but he trusted Amal not to fry his brain, and he trusted alma's surgery skills to keep him from getting hurt when he connected to it.

he smiled a little, taking his hand. “it's alright, I'll be right there with you.” he promised softly. “it's going to be very confusing at first, there are going to be a lot of pictures and images in your mind.” he admitted. “but as long as you stay calm you'll be fine.” he promised heading over to the computers and pulling out two jacks, handing Dante one. “you don't have to do it now.” he promised smiling at him.

Back
Top Bottom