Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The night is young

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the bullets start flying a number of emotions go through Daniel at Once. The first was horror, the idea that his loved one was about to die in a hail of gunfire and there was nothing he could do about. That feeling of utter dread made his body feel as if it were a thousand times heavier than it actually was. But then as Alisa survives the gunfire and he is swept up by one of her assistants, that dread and horror turns to a near blinding rage. It is A fact that not many people know, but fear and anger are opposites on the emotional spectrum. Fight and Flight, the only two emotions even the most primitive of animals possess. It is impossible to feel both at once. One can turn into the other very rapidly, however, and once his fears over the imminent danger of Alisa are sated, the desires in him turn to inflict the largest possible amount of damage to the ones who hurt her regardless of his physical safety. Thankfully the vampire whose bike he was currently sharing had a more level head then that and did not let the still very vulnerable mortal make a rush at the gun line.
His mind clouded by the red mists of rage it takes a second for the question about the council meeting to get through to Daniel, but he shakes his head and tries to think back to it. “I’m not sure what would be out of place. They made a sacrifice to the moon lovers, one of the ones who looked really old was angry about me and Alisa and demanded that I be turned, and then one who looked really young made him back off and ended the meeting. I really don’t know who any of them are.” He curses himself for being a burden to Alisa, she had almost died her because of him and he can’t do anything to help her.

The helicopter landed and rush got out, he ran over to alisa and picked her up, she screamed in agony again as rush carried her to the helicopter, "Get on kid!" He shouted as he laid her down and hopped back into the pilots seat, the three biker vixens lit the bodies on fire and blew up the helicopters that had been sitting on the roof, they sped off into the night, "COME ON KID!" Rush shouted again, "This aint no damned time to sit around and gawk get in the fuckin chopper!" Rush started spinning the turbines at a high rpm and made the helicopter hover.

Even though the haze of fear that had passed, even though the mists of rage that had replaced it, even though the adrenaline making his heart beat like a jackhammer and the chaos of the crowd panicking over the gunfire and explosions, as Daniel runs to the helicopter he couldn’t help but she an image of Arnold Schwarzenegger superimposed over Rush, screaming at him to “GET TO DA CHOPPER!” as he ran in that horrible accent of his. He really did feel as if he were in a scene from an over the top action movie. Once he gets to the chopper he quickly goes to Alisa’s side. “Are you ok? You need blood to heal, right? Take mine, don’t argue about it just take it, don’t you dare argue about it.” He quickly rips his designer t-shirt, worn only once, off and shoves Alisa’s fanged mouth onto his neck. He didn’t care that in her state she might take a dangerous amount he just wanted to make sure she got the blood she needed to heal.

Rushed reached back and shoved him off alisa with a surprising amount of force, "Dont be stupid kid, she would kill you, at this point she needs to take a life, and she wouldnt care who it was, she loves you regardless and i know she wouldnt want to wake up tomorrow and find out she killed you, so just sit tight and hold on to her while we get her home, dont make me loose faith in you now kid, you just almost did something incredibly stupid, and you aint dumb." Rush turned back around and sped the helicopter back to her mansion, he sat it down in the yard and the three vixens were already waiting there for her, they picked her up and ran her inside, there was a gigantic hot tub full of blood, they stripped her and gently sat her in it, alisa laid there as they brought out a duffle bag and unzipped it on both sides, it split in half and rolled out, inside was full of scalpels and needles and all different surgical equipment, pratically every surgical piece of equipment in the medical dictionary was in there, rush ran in and began running her hands over his body, feeling the bullet holes, alisa screamed in pain and agony as he did so, "Dammit!" He said, "The bullets are still in there, and one caught her in the heart."

Daniel growls in anger at Rush when he forces him off and away from the woman he loved, his hands actually balling up into fists. It looked for a moment as if Daniel might take a swing at Rush, something that would not have ended well for him as Rush was much larger and presumably actually trained in combat. That moment passes however, and cooler heads prevail as Daniel unclutches his fists. “I just feel so useless, I’m not even able to be a healthy snack for her, and I can’t do any of that motorcycle flipping or pilot a damn helicopter.”

Daniel’s feelings of uselessness grow even worse when they put her into a pool of blood. Even in his state the myth of the countess returns to his head from his study. A recurring theme in folklore and darker fairy tales was the noble woman or a witch who remained young and beautiful forever by bathing in the blood of virgins. This seemed to be something similar to that, but even the pool did not seem to help. Her heart was in trouble, and he could do nothing about it. He kneels by her side, the coopery smell of the huge amount of blood barely even noticed by him, as he silently prays to God, the Devil, or anyone else who might be listening who can step in and save her.

Rush pulled out a cigar from his jacket pocket lit it then took his jacket off and threw it aside, he grabbed some of the surgical pliers and stuck one in a bullet hole, alisa screamed and the mirrors in the bathroom cracked, he finally yanked the bullet out, rush studied it for a second, "Shit." He said as he sat the bullet down, "Its silver, and silver means they knew what she is." Rush turned to daniel, "You wanna help kid? Go get a bucket and hold it while i put the bullets in it, talk to her she may not replay, and all she may be able to do is scream but, she can hear you." Moments later the girls walked in, each with a human being tied up and hanging over their shoulders, they were gagged and bound, they sat them down next to the tub and left the room.

Daniel’s life was turned upside down. He was sure he was going to throw up at any second, his stomach felt like one giant knot. He sees the two humans, bound and gagged and helpless…food for the one he loved. Rush said she would kill in this state, that she would not be able to control herself and drain her victim dry. He didn’t know these people. He didn’t know if they were kind people kidnapped out of their homes, drugged up homeless taken of the street who wouldn’t be missed, or criminals specifically taken because their deaths were demanded by justice. In the end, it doesn’t matter. Who they were or what they did had no bearing on why Daniel doesn’t help them, on why he doesn’t try to save them. The fact of the matter was he was making a choice for himself and for Alisa, and that choice was that he was willing to let people die for her. More than that he was sure that if he needed to he was willing to kill for her, and the thought made him sick even as he takes his lover’s limp hand, putting on a calming face and talking to her. “Everything is going to be alright, my love. I know it hurts, I know you’re thirsty, but if you can just hang in for a little while longer everything will be alright.” Quite tears drop down his face as he waits for her to get well enough to get up and eat two of his fellow members of the human race.

Rush continued to pull bullets out of her as she kept screaming, at some points he had to hold her down as she tried to move away which if alisa hadnt been in such a weakened state that would be impossible to do, he was at the final bullet, the one lodged in her heart, "Alright kid, this is it, this is where she lives or dies, as long as the bullet stays there, shes gunna be fine, but when i pull it out, she will either live or die, and dont say leave the bullet in because it would eventually kill her, so here we go, out of the pot and into the fire." He reached in with the pliers and gripped the bullet firmly, he slowly pulled the bullet out, alisa screamed the whole way, she screamed like a banshee from hell, the mirror shattered and the whole house began to shake, finally the bullet came out and alisa stopped screaming, seconds pass by, minutes pass by untill alisa finally gasps for air as if breathing again for the first time.

Daniel never stops talking to Alisa the whole time, keeping a constant sting of encouragement and praises coming in a calm, soft voice even as on the inside he is torn by guilt of the human lives he was going to stand by and watch end and the fear that those sacrifices might even be in vain. He forces his eyes open, not allowing himself to close them as Rush takes the last bullet out. The sound of the scream causes Daniel ears to ring, if it had gone on any louder his ear drums surly would have popped, but he didn’t care. He held onto her hand even as it clenches around his in reflexes, causing him pain and leaving shallow cuts in the flesh. When the scream dies down and she starts to breathe Daniel lets out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. He brushes a lock of Alisa’s hair back and kisses her forehead. “Are you alright? Can you understand me?”

Alisa closes a her eyes for a second, as she opens them the room begins to get very cold, just like the mysterious councilman had done when he stood near daniel earlier, alisa stood up in the tub very slowly, it seemed as if she was sucking all of the life and light out of the room, her eyes were blood red and there was no differentiation between the pupil and the whites, just pure dark, blood, red. Rush stood up slowly, "Back away kid, you really dont wanna be in her way right now, get over here with me and just back away slowly." Alisa turned and scanned around the room sniffing the air, she was acting primal and on the most basic of animal instincts, "If she looks at you kid just stand behind me." Rush was afraid, but he was the kind of man that if he didnt tell you, you would never know otherwise, alisas eyes locked with one of the humans, she began to panic and scream under the gag.

Daniel backs away slowly from Alisa, following Rush while being careful to not make any sudden movements. One never wanted to make sudden movements in the eyes of a predator, it would only make it chase you and Daniel could never run fast enough to get away from those cold, dark eyes. He could see her look at the human girl; see her get closer to her, sniffing the scent of her blood in the air. The screams of utter panic and the wide eyed terror in her eyes tug at Daniel heart strings. It was time for him to make his choice. He knew at this point he could do nothing to save the girl, if he tired he would only die as well, the question was whether he could condone her death. If he could go on after what he was about to witness, he whispers to Rush. “Jesus, couldn’t you have drugged them or something, had her do it while they were unconscious….do they have to be awake for this?” He was holding it together now, but only barely, he could taste bile at the back of his throat as the vampire stalks closer to her prey….no, prey wasn’t even the right word for this. As she moves closer to her livestock.

"Nothin you can do kid, wasnt any time, they will only scream for about half a second anyway." Just as rush finished his words alisa hissed and raised her head back then bit into the womans neck, she screamed for half a second and then all that was heard was gurgling, and then that even stopped followed by the horrifying crunch of bone as alisas bite crushed the womans spine, the feeding went on for several minutes as she drained the woman dry, the man had been screaming but all the while he was leaning against the wall he had been freeing himself from his bonds, he stood up and tried to tackle alisa, alisa spun around and caught the man mid air by the throat, she lifted him into the air with one arm, the man was coughing and sputtering all the while trying to scream, alisa squeezed and squeezed, the mans screams grew more faint, untill they stopped, she pulled the mans neck close to her mouth and dug in and drained him dry, alisa dropped him and turned back towards daniel and rush, her eyes were the crystal blue they usually were, she just stood there staring at daniel at rush, not saying a word.

Daniel forced himself to watch everything. He was not going to be a coward and close his eyes to this. If he was going to live with this, if he was going to deal with this, he was going to see every second of what he was condoning. He could have hidden behind the justification that he was powerless to stop Alisa from feeding. This would even have been true. But even if he could have saved their lives, even if he was stronger then Alisa, he wouldn’t have. He would have let them die so she might live and that was something he would have to live with. Only after it was done, only after his love’s eyes turned back to their normal crystal blue from that all-consuming black did he allow himself to act. The scent of blood was overwhelming and he no longer had anything to block it out with. He takes a step forward to say something, to go to Alisa, but falls to his knees hunched over as he violently is sick. He just keeps going and going until everything in his stomach has been emptied, the room he is in becoming disgustingly intimate, filled with things that were meant to be inside the human body and not out in the open.

Alisa stood over daniel "Daniel, im sorry you had to see that, im sorry that you had to see me at my worst." Alisa got on her knees and looked into daniels eyes, "Its over now love, why dont we go to sleep, you have been through alot as have i and rest is what we need right now there is plenty of time tomorrow to discuss this, as you can see im still covered with bullet holes, and need to rest and you have just vomited all over the floor and have had quite a night, come to bed with me." she lead him to bed where she laid down and fell asleep almost instantly.

Daniel almost pulled away from her. In truth he was not scared of Alisa, nor was he disgusted with her. In fact he was terrified and disgusted far more with himself. He understood what Alisa was, he had known back when he chose to save her life. And he had known when he had put his throat to her lips today in an attempt to do that again. And he had known what she was when he stood by and watched her kill two human beings in a mindless bloodlust. He just nods and lets himself be lead. Unlike his normal self, he does not fall asleep until the wee hours of the late afternoon, and when he does his sleep is fitful and haunted by blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom