Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Different sides of the Fold (Tatcon x Panda)

Let's speak plainly here for a second, Rob was one of the jocks, pure and simple. He had been born in the right social bracket to the right parents in the right neighbourhood. He had liked the right sports growing up, and under the proper guidance, he had made the right friends. Was he happy with it? Predominantly he was because he had been told that this way the right way to go his whole life. His girlfriends had been all part of the same caste too, so realistically in the high school world he was akin to royalty.

It wasn't hard for him to look the part. Six foot one and broad shouldered, he had been a shoe-in for the football team, and his soft blue eyes and short cut blonde hair made him an attractive prospect for so many girls, along with the strong jawline and the right clothes, he fit right in.

There was a black spot on his squeaky clean record, however. He had an attraction. An attraction for this one girl who certainly didn't fit the mold that his parents demanded from him, and yet he couldn't break it. All the preppy and pretty girls couldn't shake it. He knew he would have to act on it at one point or another...

Mariska had had the same sort of one sided past as he had. The pale, lithe girl had lived in her own clique for, god, how many years had it been? Probably almost ten by now. That wasn't important though. From a young age, Mariska was different, and not just because she had been born in Russia before moving to where she lived now. No, she was dark, morbid; an outcast in every way shape and form. By the time she was sixteen, she had multiple piercings in her ears, a nose stud, tongue ring, and her navel done. She wore clothes that were mostly black, and most of the time, her make up matched. But it wasn't gross looking on her. Oh no, for some reason, she pulled off the sort of gothic look very well, and she knew it. Although, there was a bit of an issue.

Since she was so heavily into her clique, the boy she had been crushing on for a year or so was completely out of her league. Mariska was short, only reaching about 5'2", with short, choppy black hair that had purple chunks in it, grey eyes that were piercing and alluring, and and body that was just incredible. Rob, the boy she liked, was completely the opposite of her. So, as if it wasn't bad enough that her social group would probably murder her if she admitted her crush, the jock would never even look at her, she was sure.

Mariska sat in her room silently, brushing her hair slightly as she bit her lip. There was a party tonight, and most likely, everyone from her school would be there. And as much as she really didn't want to go, she decided to, in hopes that she would see Rob there. She pulled on a black, long sleeved shirt that showed most of her stomach, and a pair of tight black skinny jeans that clung to her legs like a second skin. Knee high black vinyl high heeled boots went on next, and once she was finished getting ready, she headed over to the party, which was only about a block away. She said hi to the few people she knew who were there before finding a nearly empty room out back and sitting down, trying to just get the courage the go and socialize.

Despite the known dangers of typical teenager house parties, for some reason Rob's parents always insisted he attend every one he was able to. He never really minded, he was a social person for as far as anyone knew and there were usually people there he enjoyed. He didn't much hold out on the idea of Mariska being there...given the general rules of cliques and teenage society her 'kind' were frequently unwelcome at such events, depending on the host. Regardless, ke kept going with the hope, and today wasn't going to be an exception.

Would he be willing to cross that boundary though? It was a question he kept asking himself as he rummaged through his assortment of dress shirts and pants to find something that represented him well to his peers. Hell, were teenagers even suppose to think like this? He had a tendency of thinking too much when he was getting dressed. Honestly, it was the only free time he had to do so. Grabbing a simple button up, short sleeve black shirt he threw it on and did it up, complimenting it with a sharp pair of slacks to complete the outside. Maybe over dressed, but he did have some kind of reputation to defend. Even if he didn't understand why.

A few moments later he would arrive at the party to some wild fanfare from some people, to which he responded with a calm smile and the proper "Hey guys" to some. He would make his rounds, say what had to be said before excusing himself to grab a drink. How do they manage to fit so many people in to one house? Drawing in a deep breath after he got out of the crowd he decided to do some more looking around...maybe he had missed her somewhere in his tour. Grabbing a bottle of water off handedly he walked through the house, eventually coming to an apparently empty room near the back.

Knocking on the door, he peaked in a little bit, "Hello?"

Mariska was sitting quietly by herself in the back room, thinking over everything that had happened during the previous day. She hated these parties, but in a last ditch effort to get her to socialize with 'normal' teenagers, her parents had forced her to go. The traditional Russian parents wanted her, at almost seventeen, to find a boyfriend and get married and have children and the entire thing was overwhelming for her. She just wanted to be a normal teenager and do her own thing, and the way she was made her happy. She loved all her piercings, and even the messed up home done tattoo on her wrist that was fading with every day she had it. As the girl sat there, she messed with the cup full of soda, using her finger to stir the ice around slowly as she sighed. How much longer did she have to stay here to make her parents happy? She wasn't sure, but as she heard the door open, she sat up and pulled her hand from the cup, wiping the soda onto her pants before her eyes widened at who it was.

"Uh... da... Yeah, I'm in here..."
She said softly, her accent still very apparent, even after being in the country for almost ten years. She started to stand up, leaving the soda on the table before trying to pull down her shirt to cover the dangling belly button ring she had in. SHe tucked her hair behind her ears as she bit her tongue ring nervously and sighed softly. She felt so anxious even being in the same room with him that the normally boisterous girl became silent, looking over at him slowly before looking back down at the ground. She figured that he probably had some stupid cheerleader in tow behind him, and wanted a quiet place to do whatever it was with her that he was going to do.

"I was just leaving... I was going to go back home anyways.... You can have the room if you want it..."
She said softly, gathering up her things slowly before reaching down for the soda. Of course, in her nervousness, she spilled it, the girl swearing several times in Russian before kneeling down and starting to wipe of the soda with a few napkins that were sitting on the table.

"Whoa whoa...Mariska, there's no need for the big rush. I..I was just wondering what was back her really." He replied quickly, rushing across the room to grab a few napkins and help her out. It was always rude to make someone suffer with a mess that you were at least somewhat responsible for, so he was rather quick to drop down and assist. He did his best to make sure that he didn't end up bumping heads the with beautiful girl, since situations like this always seemed to end so poorly that he didn't want their first real meeting to become some clumsy affair. Of course, it was possible it might become just that if he didn't step up and talk to her.

A bit of sweat formed on his forhead as he thought of what to say now that they were together, alone...free from the social cliques which made their lives so damnably aggitating. "Um..." he started, and then suddenly stopped because the words had become caught in his throat. Instead he just made sure he had cleared up the rest of the spill, before sitting back on his heels with a sigh. "I really like your piercings.." He managed to whisper out soon after. What might actually be fascinating is how saying that didn't blush or stammer when he said that, instead allowing his blue eyes to look at her own lovely grey optics for a long moment before speaking again, though this time with more hesitation. "You know...I've...I've been waiting for a chance like this since I saw you. Funny...right?" He stammered out, before slowly getting up and offering a hand to her so she could get up as well.

Mariska felt herself starting top blush as he got close, the girl immersing herself in cleaning up the mess she had made. She felt like such a giant moron for doing this, and honestly, she wanted to tell him that it was fine and that she would just handle cleaning it up. But as she heard him start to speak, she glancing up at him, waiting for what was going to follow. Although, he didn't say anything after that. She sighed softly, stuffing the rest of the wet napkins into her now empty cup before leaning back at the same time he did. His statement got her attention, however, the girl slowly averted her eyes from the floor, looking up into his eyes for a moment before she smiled slightly.
"Thank you... I did them all myself... Well, except my tongue... I was too scared..."

As she waited to get her nerves up to actually talk to him, he continued speaking, and she couldn't help but stare up at him as he offered her his hand. With widened eyes, she placed her hand into his, slowly getting up onto her feet before looking up at him. She was... shocked, to say the least, and slowly, she let his hand go before deciding to speak again, but she was so flustered, she started speaking in the wrong language. Halfway through the second or third sentence, though, she realized she wasn't speaking in the right language, the girl blushing heavily before starting to speak to him in english.
"Why would you want a chance like this? I don't understand why... you would want to be alone with me."

The feeling of her hand coming in to his was quite a sensation, and he had to hold himself back from enjoying it a bit too much. Regardless he listened to her with interest, thinking it was a fascinating that she would be brave enough to pierce herself in the first place. Those crazy Russians is what he thought to himself which brought a small smile to his face, especially when she started yammering on in her native tongue. He actually found it quite exotic that she was speaking like that, and he would just get lost in the sound of her voice, even though it wasn't the most beautiful of languages.

When she eventually switched back to English, he smiled to himself as he slid his hands in to his pockets, and leaned back against the wall. "Because I've always wanted to talk to you...away from the pressure of our friends...cliques, the people we know. I have to admit I've always found you...ummm...interesting and attractive." He managed to eventually spill out, looking her in the eyes though his face was heading towards the floor. Now it was a matter of waiting for her response. He was seriously hoping that he didn't offend her by being so forward.

He found her attractive? Mariska didn't know what to say to him after that, the girl's jaw dropping slightly as she just stared up at him for several moments. Her thoughts were racing, and she wanted to tell him everything she felt. That she was crazy about him. That all she had wanted for the past year and a half was for him to talk to her and ask her out. For the two of them to be together. But no matter how badly she wanted to tell him, the girl couldn't force the words out of her mouth. So she did the one thing that she could do. Gently, she stepped up onto the coffee table, now being face to face with him before she put her hands on his cheeks. She made him look at her for a moment before she leaned in, kissing his lips softly before pulling back and sighing softly.

"I've liked you for a long time, Rob. Like, a really long time..."
She said softly, slowly hopping down off of the table before standing in front off him shyly. Her hands went to the waist of her pants, the girl slowly pulling at one of the belt loops nervously as she bit her lip hard. Unlike him, she hadn't dated before. She'd never had a boyfriend, never had sex, and the only person besides him she had ever kissed was a boy in first grade back in Russia. Mariska started to feel embarrassed by what she had just done, the girl blushing and staring down at the ground before muttering at herself in Russian.
"Um.... sorry...."

Was Rob caught by surprise? Absolutely, no girls who had come before her had done that before, so that kind of spontanious reaction to his words was certainly far from expected. Was it unwanted? Absolutely not. That was the best possible reaction he could have got for saying what he did. Fortunately, this time his admittal of attraction was absolutely true, unlike it had been in a few instances in the past. After absorbing the soft feeling of her lips against his, he had to draw in a slow breath, watching her come back down to her natural height and standing in front of him.

He wouldn't use words to answer her apology, instead just stepping forward and mimicking what she had just done, placed his strong hands upon her cheeks to tilt her head up from its downwards position, and drew her in to a long, careful, gentle kiss. Honestly he couldn't think of a better situation to fall in to when going to a party, and the reality of their feelings against their social situation never even crossed his mind in this beautiful moment.

Yes, this definitely was a bliss of sorts, the great release of all that pressure and denial of their mutual feelings. Never before had a kiss felt so real.

She felt his hands move to her cheeks, and she slowly looked up, the girl gasping as she felt his lips press back into her own. Mariska wrapped her arms around his waist as they kissed, her eyes shutting as she just stayed close to him. She couldn't believe that she was at an actual party, and kissing the boy she had liked for such a long time. She didn't want to break the kiss, but had to, the girl's breathing slightly erratic as she smiled up at him. Her hands moved to hold onto either side of his waist, the girl biting her lower lip softly before speaking softly to him.

"I've wanted to kiss you since I was a freshman...."
She said softly, slowly reaching up and petting his cheek lightly before she shut her eyes and very tenderly, leaned her head against his chest. Her arms once again wrapped around his waist, the girl taking a deep breath as she smiled against his upper body lightly. After several moments, she pulled back, tucking her hair behind her ears before sitting down on the couch. He seemed so much bigger than her as she sat down, and it made her feel completely and totally safe. It was funny, since she probably should have found the tall football player somewhat intimidating because she was so short. But she didn't. She slowly crossed her legs, her eyes shutting as she leaned back against the couch and patted the cushion next to her.
"Come sit.... We could talk for awhile...."

It would be a releasingly sad moment when she broke their kiss, though his arms wrapped around her shoulders snugly when she moved in close to him, loving the sensation of having the girl he had so secretly adored for so long pressed against him in a soft, secure embrace. It was absolutely surreal. "I can't lie...I have felt much the same" he replied, a bright smile on his lips as he closed his eyes and just enjoyed the moment. He had never been so close with someone as short as Mariska, and for some reason it felt far more natural than any other girl he had been with.

When she shifted to sit on the couch, he wasn't far in following along, sitting down comfortably and drawing in a deep breath. "I'm amazed...I never thought I would have a chance to be here..with you, alone so I can finally be with you." He was having a bit of trouble putting together the desired words, wanting to damn how socially unacceptable it apparently was for him to be seen with her, let alone kissing her and enjoying her company. He had to sigh again as he thought of how to proceed. "Mariska...what would your friends think of this...of us? I know mine would have a bird...doesn't make any sense, does it?" He asked, turning towards her and despite some sense of self-control, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her in close as they talked.

He couldn't help it, he had held back from doing just this for so long that he felt he had to make up for lost time. No knowing when they would be forced back in to their molds.

Back
Top Bottom