Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Help a newbie construct a request thread?

Monstro.City

Super-Earth
So, I started a couple days ago, so maybe I'm impatient, but I have over fifty views, and no hits at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Here's the thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=29111

I'm just your average RPer, but it seems to me like your request thread is doing just fine. If you look, most other request threads that started around the same time as yours are getting about the same number of views. Transformation is a bit of a niche when it comes to RPing like this, so you might have to wait a while till you get a nibble. Try looking at some other people's request threads and such, see if you can find people who have similar tastes and interest. The more threads you have, the more people read what you're writing, and the more likely they are to want to RP with you as a result.

As a tip, I'd put the bulk of what you want to say in one post. Usually I'll skim a thread before I actually read them. If I see the first post is short, I'll assume they're saying something like "So like... yeah. I'm looking for a RP to do with some hot slutty chicks. Just PM me or reply here. I have some ideas and my kinks are listed below." It's very vague and I usually run from those who are vague. But your overall flow is good. But for things I'd suggest adding... I didn't see preferences in RP location and formation... like PM, thread, IM, Email, etc. And you should always mention your literacy level. There's very little lit (no problem doing one liners for speed), semi lit (a few lines to a paragraph or two), lit (usually 2-5 paragraphs and higher quality in grammar and detail), and advanced lit (5+ paragraphs and high/professional quality in grammar and details). This is actually one of the major deciding factors for a lot of people.

I thought this thread was dead. ^^; And thanks for the pointers. I really never thought of that.

I decided to span it over a few posts to sort it out better. Granted, I could do the same thing in a single post, but this feels more sorted out for me, and I kinda took the advice you gave me last time is taking a bit from a popular request thread. ^^

Sometimes you can put some of the general "this is what I like to RP" stuff in that first one, and branch off into more specific plots and side things in the next few. It usually doesn't look quite as cluttered that way, and it still gets you that whole glanced at thing that Ms.Muffin was talking about up there.

Back
Top Bottom